Gen V STABmons

Status
Not open for further replies.

EV

Banned deucer.
Even then though buck will still have negative roar priority, and it certainly can't take hits suppose the mon were to wake up, while gigas probably could.

Why isn't Politoed either banned or suspected for Round 2 ? It's BST is 500.
Ahh, that I missed. I thought he was higher. I'll fix it. EDIT SORRY SORRY SORRY! I just realized Round 2 was supposed to be 451-499 (cuts off at Seismitoad), that way I don't have to ban more things like Scizor and Ursaring from that round and it makes Round 3 a little bit bigger. BST 500 starts Round 3 and Politoed is usable there, just not with Drizzle.

-

Regarding Level 51's questions and suggestions, the bans in each round do in fact mean you will never play with certain Pokémon in Rounds 1-4 (Chansey, Buck, Blaziken, etc). Would a Round 5 free for all be appealing? Or would that just be a repeat of Round 4 with essentially the addition of Blaziken and Chansey? I mean, Blaziken would be awesome with V-Create/Speed Boost/Drought wrecking stuff once Giratina is gone.

This would raise the point total to 15.

I would be in. I don't quite understand why Arceus is banned for the last rounds. I would think that it would just get Normal type moves that it could use in it's other forms. I don't think that it would be too ridiculous to allow, at least for round 5.

EV

Banned deucer.
The thing with STABmons is that if it can change forms outside of battle, it can keep all the moves learned in previous forms. Like how Shaymin can turn into Shaymin-Sky and back. That allows regular Shaymin to keep all Flying moves it learned as Shaymin-Sky.
With Arceus, you can change its form/type with a Plate, so it can learn any move of any type. I just think it's broken no matter the round.

oh this would be a good set (not in the tournament)

Sableye @ Leftovers or Sitrus Berry
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef or 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Bold or Calm Nature
- Recover
- Curse
- Protect
- Substitute

what you do is use curse then if you survived protect substitute recover repeat simple as that

For the 450 Club, shouldn't we ban Smashpass? Most usable stuff is NU anyways, and Smashpass is banned in the lower tiers. Bibarel could be quite a hassle if it could Pass +4 in every offensive stat.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This is a genious idea for a tournament. Even though I won't join, props to Eevee_General for a clever idea for a tournament :]

Also, listen to Harbinger of Peace. Matches would basically be decided on who could find the upportunity to SmashPass first.

Reactions: EV

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
I did handle smashpass once relatively easily but I agree, it is kind of OP. Most of these pokes have lower defenses than before.

EV

Banned deucer.
You're in. The sign up in the tournament thread shows you (second on list, after me ^_^)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)