Mario Kart Mafia (NOC) END: VILLAGE WINS

Approved by LightWolf

The Mushroom Kingdom is under threat. Bowser and his gang have set their eyes on the coveted Golden Mushroom, and only Mario and his group of fellow protagonists can stop him. Mario has received a letter from Bowser, a letter which teases Mario with a race to the Golden Mushroom. The rules Bowser has laid down is simple, and the loser of each stage of the race will be killed swiftly. On top of that, Bowser has told Mario that a comrade of his will perish during the night.. or at least, Bowser will attempt to keep to his word. The race is set, and the competitors all meet together, a group of 12. The Bowser Boys and The Mario Crew. There is one final surprise... each competitor shall be blindfolded, and so nobody will know who is who. The only way you can guess which competitor to off during the day is by persuasion and words alone. Being the brave hero, Mario obliges to Bowser’s rules and the race is decided on. It is only a matter of time before we find out which faction will become victorious...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is the night before the storm. As the restless Mario Crew sit in their beds, they can’t help but think about what the outcome of the race will be. The fact that the majority of the crew won’t make it out of the race alive worries them, but they know that they are doing what is best for the Mushroom Kingdom. The night is long and stretched, and the anxiety builds...

It is now Night 0

This is a Standard NOC (No Outside Contact) Mafia Game. It has a 9v3 format; 12 players to keep in line with the amount of players a typical Mario Kart Wii race has.

Rules

And I cannot emphasise this rule enough: You cannot reveal your role name (character) or any flavour which would imply your role name. You can, however, reveal your ability.
I don’t want to Godkill anyone in a game this small, please follow this rule.

Alive
2. Solar Vapor
3. Metal Sonic
6. Jalmont
8. Walrein
10. Blackhawk11

Dead
11. Snaquaza - Koopa Troopa - Mario Crew - Lynched D1
1. Celever - Yoshi - Mario Crew - Impaled by thorns N1
9. Aura Guardian - Daisy - Mario Crew - Exploded N1

12. Zyphirex - Peach - Mario Crew - Lynched D2
5. Houndoomsday - Donkey Kong - Mario Crew - Butt-smashed N2
4. Spiffy - Wario - Bowser Boys - Lynched D3
7. Woodchuck - Mario - Mario Crew - Erupted into Flames N3

I will be sending out Role PMs now. Please PM myself or theangryscientist to confirm that you have received your role. Night 0 will end in 72 hours, or when all players have confirmed. Failure to confirm within 72 hours will result in you being subbed out.

No actions are valid during Night 0.

ALL ROLES HAVE BEEN SENT

Please do not post in the thread during Night 0, unless you need to ask us a question.

Last edited:
"Night 0 will end in 72 hours, or when all players have confirmed. Failure to confirm within 72 hours will result in you being subbed out."

We have 2 people yet to confirm, so if 2 guys want to sub in please PM myself or theangryscientist and we can get you in this game.

Marquis has subbed in for T S O

DAY 1
A sombre mood circles around the Mario Crew. As they step into their karts, they await the Bowser Boys. Out they storm, evidently confident that they will win the race. Mario and his group look on at the course
Course: Mario Circuit

Mario smiles; home comfort, at least. He knows, however, alongside the rest of his group, that the friendly circuit is just a facade of what is really about to come.

Please note that the courses have no bearing on what happens in this game, and are purely here for flavour.
Player List
1. Celever
2. Solar Vapor
3. Metal Sonic
4. Spiffy
5. Houndoomsday
6. Jalmont
7. Woodchuck
8. barty the beetle
9. Aura Guardian
10. Blackhawk11
11. Marquis
12. FireMage

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

It is now Day 1. Day 1 has no deadline. It ends once the majority has been passed.

(You may post now)

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
FOR GOODNESS SAKE PEOPLE STOP VOTING.

We don't know where some of the Mario Crew is at with their L-[numbers], if we fling votes around immediately the mafia could probably stealth us. The only thing I have taken from this so far is Marquais is probably noob mafia, I doubt it is going to tell him Night 0 that someone is a member of the Bowser Boys, so he is probably trying to fling accusations himself.

Either Marquais has no idea what is going on or he is trying to take the 'noob to clean himself' route that I admittedly took to a lesser extent last game (even though I was village). I say that we all take our votes off and do what people do on these days, I know that was all for fun but it seems like Aura Guardian and I are the only people with sense in this game.

Ignore or just lynch Marquais for now, simple as that.

We don't know where some of the Mario Crew is at with their L-[numbers], if we fling votes around immediately the mafia could probably stealth us.
The best thing for us would be for the mafia to stealth us. Then we have them pegged and we win this game easy. Why would you even be worried about this?

I say that we all take our votes off and do what people do on these days, I know that was all for fun but it seems like Aura Guardian and I are the only people with sense in this game.
What does the bold even mean? What would be accomplished by everyone removing their votes?

And I love how Celever gives his reasoning for suspecting Marquis, tells everyone else to vote for him/remove votes for other players, but doesn't even cast a vote for Marquis himself. He is clearly mafia trying to start a bandwagon on a player without actually being apart of it!!!

Unvote Jalmont
Vote Celever

Celever

i am town
.-.
Or the mafia could start a bandwagon on another player and essentially stealth him (kinda) with a townie casting the final vote, then we vote the guy who had the vote on him off too and that's 2 kills to the mafia, plus the 2 at night they have 4 kills on use immediately, sending us into LYLO.
Please don't try and start a bandwagon on me... this is just silly right now....

.-.
Or the mafia could start a bandwagon on another player and essentially stealth him (kinda) with a townie casting the final vote, then we vote the guy who had the vote on him off too and that's 2 kills to the mafia, plus the 2 at night they have 4 kills on use immediately, sending us into LYLO.
Please don't try and start a bandwagon on me... this is just silly right now....
Well now that you've outlined the scenerio there's no way we'll fall for that trick!

Please answer the questions I presented to you in my previous post.

So what do you suggest? Not voting AT ALL until we all agree on the target? The lynch vote is the most powerful tool we have and doing what you're suggesting is limiting our only somewhat-reliable way of removing mafia. Anti-village behavior.

I have to say, both Spiffy and Celever here has a point.

Like Celever said, it is visible that Marquis either has little experience with a mafia game, or is acting like a idiot to either clean or keep him safe (Yes, I read most of that games post a few days ago, Metal Sonic, and I am looking at you...). I also agree that ALL of this wild, mostly unreasoned voting is in some ways only helping the Bowser Boys through causing a feeling of subspicion in all of us. The fact that we also use grudges from previous mafia games as a reason to put lynch votes on people is, in my honest opinion, completely brainless. Of course, we might get lucky, but I still think we should think this through, even though it causes the risk of the Bowser Boys to eliminate some of our members.

That said, Spiffy also has a point in that by not using our votes, we lose our "most powerful tool", and that by only providing suspicion on one target or no target at all (even though it is reasoned), it can be seen that the person doing this could most likely be attempting to have us Mario Crew not do any sort of action before we have agreed on one single target, and that this agreement could be manipulated by the BB in order to get a member of the MC mistakenly lynched day one.

However, seeing as I have not played for a LONG time (extra emphasis on long), and that I have only played one previous mafia game (where I actually got handed a possible win if I survived :D) I don't consider myself as skilled at reading people as some of the others in this game is. Although I do consider Marquis as a possible BB, I'm not going to use my lynch vote yet, until we have more information.

Celever

i am town
Thank you Barty.

@Spiffy I know that the lynch is our most powerful tool, obviously we can use it later, but using it immediately for no reason isn't using our most powerful tool powerfully, it's abusing the power of it to no avail.

The bold was do what people do do in mafia games like assessing posts etc.
Nothing will be accomplished by people removing votes other than playing safely. What would be accomplished by randomly flinging votes around?

I'm not saying we don't agree on one single target as a group since as barty said that could be easily manipulated. I am saying we at least think before we lynch though.

Do other people understand me? I'm not speaking bullcrap am I?

Lynching is how we apply pressure to people. It helps us create ties between players (people that vote similarly, who refuse to vote for eachother, etc.). If you want a good example (and to toot my own horn ;)) look at Day 2 of Mafia From the Depths where everyone (correctly) decided NOT to lynch me when I responded well under pressure and many lynch votes.

Never in any other mafia did the mafia stealth anyone Day 1 because that would be stupid, I hardly think we have to worry about that.

Aura Guardian, keep your scumbuddies in line before they get themselves lynched! ;)

Celever

i am town
Ok fine let's randomly lynch a bunch of people, because that makes sense right?

Lynch Spiffy

Let's see more of your amazing acting under lynch pressure ;)

Although Eagle4 is probably scum, he always is.

FOR GOODNESS SAKE PEOPLE STOP VOTING.

We don't know where some of the Mario Crew is at with their L-[numbers], if we fling votes around immediately the mafia could probably stealth us. The only thing I have taken from this so far is Marquais is probably noob mafia, I doubt it is going to tell him Night 0 that someone is a member of the Bowser Boys, so he is probably trying to fling accusations himself.

Either Marquais has no idea what is going on or he is trying to take the 'noob to clean himself' route that I admittedly took to a lesser extent last game (even though I was village). I say that we all take our votes off and do what people do on these days, I know that was all for fun but it seems like Aura Guardian and I are the only people with sense in this game.

Ignore or just lynch Marquais for now, simple as that.
Ever heard of Random Voting Stage?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)