Metagame in Progress: "Project Uber!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
-This Metagame has been approved by Arcticblast to post the final copy, and get some community opinions here!-

Why hello there ladies and gentlemen! My name is FreeVelocity, and I've been working on an EPIC Metagame to show off to the Smogon and Showdown Community!

So before I get an angry mob at my door, while you read this, keep in mind this metagame is currently UN-PLAYABLE. This is due as this metagame is so amazing, we actually need to go into the source code and mix around a few things, to just make it EPIC! Also, a very small portion of Pokemon have been changed so far, so keep in mind there will be much more to come when it is finished!

This post is for YOU to be involved, as the goal of Project Uber is to make EVERY single Pokemon in the tiers NU - OU viable in Ubers, and allow Uber Pokemon in the tier. That's right, every single Pokemon and strategy is in this tier!
castform.gif azelf.gif vespiquen.gif

This faces competition from another popular Metagame, known as Tier Shift. But here is why, although that is an AMAZING metagame and I've had a blast playing that myself, you should try this one.

Tier Shift balanced some Pokemon unequally, NUs controlling the Metagame. While it was a simple fix, and not as confusing as this, the problem was that hardly any UUs, RUs, or OUs were even as viable anymore as the NUs! So, this metagame is going to fix that.
Also, last note before we get into the good stuff. Some of the things you will read is based off "Gen-NEXT", an in-game mod also being created now. One thing we got from this is "Signature Moves." Pokemon we feel shouldn't get massive base stat buffs or additional moves that don't make sense will now get a signature move, and will be read in the change list as "If only (Pokemon) uses (Move.). That means, this move will only be buffed, if used by that Pokemon! But some moves are buffed for all Pokemon! And you'll see that, as you read on!

There is however, a clause banlist. Let me get that out of the way now.

SPECIES CLAUSE
MOODY CLAUSE
SLEEP CLAUSE
EVASION ABILITES CLAUSE
EVASION MOVES CLAUSE
OHKO CLAUSE
HP PERCENTAGE MOD

So, this is essentially Ubers, without the evasion. DrizzleSwim is allowed.

So, this is where you guys come in. I uploaded the Changelist (so far) on Pastebin. It would be awesome if you guys could check that out, so you get the full idea on what the Changelist is about! But, as I know some of you are like me and have somewhat short attention spans, I did make a key list of changes, so I'll also post that right here on the Forum!

---------------------------------------------

Full list of changes:
http://pastebin.com/95y2GwmM

Key changes:

*ALL DREAM WORLD ABILITIES ARE RELEASED*

Ability Changes:
castform.gif

Forecast:
-Now changes weather to whatever rock it is holding + Changes forme. (So this is for Castform.)
(Heat Rock = Sunny Day)
(Damp Rock = Rain Dance)
(Icy Rock = Hail)
-A Pokemon with Forecast gains 6% HP at the end of every turn, if it is the same type as the weather up.

Snow Warning:
The hail will hit twice at the end of a turn, making it deal 12% damage, rather than 6%.

Sand Stream:
The sand will hit twice at the end of a turn, making it deal 12% damage, rather than 6%.

Drought:
As well as the sun giving fire-type moves a 1.5x multiplier on damage, also gives grass-type moves a 1.5x multiplier on damage.

Drizzle:
As well as the rain giving water-type moves a 1.5x multiplier on damage, also gives electric type moves a 1.5x multiplier on damage.

Arena Trap:
As well as trapping the target in, now when a Pokemon is swapped in with this ability, a ground-type physical attack (70 base power, calculated through the user's Attack and target's defense) will be instantly used.

Shadow Tag:
As well as trapping the target in, now when a Pokemon is swapped in with this ability, a ghost-type special attack (70 base power, calculated through the user's Sp. Attack and target's Sp. Defense) will be instantly used.

Imposter:
Now well double all stat changes, as well as copying the opponent. (For example, if an opponent has 0.75x def, it gets lowered another stage for you, down to 0.66x., or if an opponent has 2x attack, it gets raised two stages up to 3x attack.)

Pokemon Changes:
castform.gif

Castform:
-Base stats increase:
90 HP
90 ATK
90 DEF
90 SP. ATK
90 SP. DEF
90 SPE
-If only Castform uses Weather Ball, Power is increased by 50.

(100 Power in no weather)
(150 Power in weather)
-If only Castform uses Weather Ball, Weather ball gets a 10% chance flinch, and 20% of burn, Def. / Sp. Def. drop, Freeze, based on the type of rock held. (Heat, Damp, Icy, respectively.)
aerodactyl.gif

Aerodactyl:
Base stat change:
80 HP
120 ATK
65 DEF
60 SP. ATK
75 SP. DEF
130 SPE
-Now gets the move Head Smash.
articuno.gif

Articuno:
-Now gets the move Mean Look.
-If only Articuno uses Mean Look, it goes at the same priority of Pursuit if the opponent is switching, at +7.
raikou.gif

Raikou:
Base stat changes:
90 HP
85 ATK
75 DEF
125 SP. ATK
100 SP. DEF
125 SPE
-Now gets the moves Ice Beam, Flamethrower, and Grass Knot.
Also, when Raikou is switched in, Magnet Rise is activated instantly (Lasts for 5 turns.) Making him invulnerable from ground-type attacks.
vespiquen.gif

Vespiquen:
Base stat changes:
70 HP
80 ATK
102 DEF
80 SP. ATK
102 SP. DEF
85 SPE
zapdos.gif

Zapdos:
Base stat changes:
90 HP
125 ATK
85 DEF
125 SP. ATK
90 SP. DEF
115 SPE
-If only Zapdos uses Drill Peck, it now has 70 power, auto-crits, and has 50% chance to flinch.
-If only Zapdos uses Thunder, it will always hit, and break substitute before doing damage.

-Zapdos now has the ability Speed Boost, and boosts his speed one stage after every full turn.
bisharp.gif

Bisharp:
Base stat changes:
80 HP
125 ATK
120 DEF
60 SP. ATK
85 SP. DEF
95 SPE
-If only Bisharp uses the move Sharpen, rather than his attack being increased by one stage, it is boosted by three stages.

-Bisharp now gets the move Bullet Punch and Sharpen.
weavile.gif

Weavile:
Base stat changes:
70 HP
120 ATK
65 DEF
120 SP. ATK
85 SP. DEF
145 SPE
-Now gets the ability Mountaineer, making him invulnerable from Rock damage on switch, including Stealth Rocks and rock-type attacks, unless the attacking Pokemon has mold breaker, then it will take damage from the attack.
-Now gets the move Sucker Punch.
azelf.gif

Azelf:
Base stat changes:
75 HP
140 ATK
70 DEF
140 SP. ATK
70 SP. DEF
110 SPE
-If only Azelf uses the move Extrasensory, it keeps its base power of 80, and if used on the first turn of Azelf being in play, has +2 priority and always makes the foe flinch. (Fake Out) Removes sub before doing damage.

Registeel:
160 HP

75 ATK
160 DEF
75 SP. ATK
160 SP. DEF
50 SPE

Mew:
-Now gets the ability "Special Mew" (still select Synchronize in the team builder) and this will give Mew the abilities Magic Guard, and Prankster. (Removing the effects of Synchronize.)

Move changes:

Stealth Rock:
Now only does a maximum of 25% damage on a switch-in. (If Ultra-Effective, stays at 25%)
Rock types will absorb and remove rocks on switch, unless they have levitate / part flying.

Spikes:
Steel types will absorb and remove spikes on switch, unless they have levitate / part flying.

Defend Order:
Now boosts Defense by one, Sp. Defense by one, Attack by one, Sp. Attack by one, Speed by one.

Attack Order:
Now gets power lowered to 60 base power, with an auto-crit and 30% chance to flinch.

Heal Order:
Now heals status, as well as it's previous effect of healing 50% of MAX HP.

Explosion / Selfdestruct:
Now removes opponents substitute before exploding, and will hit Ghost types.

Item changes:

Iron Ball:
No longer reduces your speed at all when held.

-----------------------------------------------------

Wow, you guys are awesome readers! And I know what you're thinking, YES, a lot of things are overpowered now in "Project Uber." But I feel like that is the point, reasonably buffing Pokemon so they have even a ROLE in ubers, not exactly making them in the Ubers tier.

For example, Espeon is in OU. But, it is commonly seen in Ubers, due to it has the ability Magic Bounce, something that no Uber Pokemon can compete with if you need a Pokemon with that role on your Ubers team.

Also, we were thinking about doubling (or maybe, 1.5x) every base stat for LC Pokemon in this Metagame too. (Oh no, Evolite Nosepass!) To make them viable for the LOLz! This is not in the changelist yet, but simply being considered. Leave your feedback on this!

So, I must thank you for reading this far in, and hopefully I interested you in this metagame! If you have a reasonable idea for what a Pokemon should do in "Project Uber," feel free to leave a comment and link this to a friend to get the word around! I'm working frantically to finish this and to get attention for a mod to code it in for testing, so support is appreciated!

Thank you so much for reading, and have a great day!

projectuber.png

(Yeah, the image is a little big. But Castform is freaking adorable!)

-FreeVelocity

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I feel like from the Pokemon shown, Articuno and Vespiquen are still the farthest off from Ubers and you gave UU Pokemon much better boosts than NU sometimes

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Is this a good idea? Yes. Will it give some Pokes a chance at greatness? Yes. Is the metagame heavily biased at the moment, because some Pokemon (Castform and Mew) get amazing stuffs, while others that really need the buffs don't get much at all (Arbok, Charizard, Pikachu, Politoed, etc.)? Yes. All we have to do is wait for the final draft, and hopefully we can get most, if not all Pokemon, usable in Ubers.

This could be a nice idea but it needs way more balancing atm. It also seems like a bit of work to finalize and XY will be here in two months. (Suggestion: you could keep some ideas in the back of your head and you should defenitely not let this project fall but you never know how much XY will change the metagames. So that this could be optimalized for XY because imo it would be wasted time atm) If anyone has other solutions pls share.

Srry for shitty explanation but phone post :(

So this is a metagame where you decide what everything happens buffing all of your favourite pokemon?
Not at all, every single Pokemon in the tiers NU-OU will be buffed a reasonable amount, but so far, I've had the most fun buffing the main abilities and all the Pokemon that have them.

Could you give Meloetta all the sound-attack moves and dance moves if that's true :I
Alright, or we can have Meloetta hold an item to be in its fighting forme on switch in? That wouldn't be all of its buffs, of course.

I feel like from the Pokemon shown, Articuno and Vespiquen are still the farthest off from Ubers and you gave UU Pokemon much better boosts than NU sometimes
Alright, I agree with you. But, the main idea is to give Pokemon a ROLE in Ubers, not exactly put them in the Ubers tier. Articuno has a role now as it gets the move Mean Look (with the +7 priority if the opponent switches out), pretty good Bulk, and with the ability Pressure, it causes a Perish Song effect, pretty much allowing you to get a free kill if you can stall out with Roost. Vespiquen may need a buff though, how about Defend Order also giving +2 defense and +2 Special Defense as well as the Ancient Power boost? PRETTY damn good, and it's no longer 4x weak to rocks.

Is this a good idea? Yes. Will it give some Pokes a chance at greatness? Yes. Is the metagame heavily biased at the moment, because some Pokemon (Castform and Mew) get amazing stuffs, while others that really need the buffs don't get much at all (Arbok, Charizard, Pikachu, Politoed, etc.)? Yes. All we have to do is wait for the final draft, and hopefully we can get most, if not all Pokemon, usable in Ubers.
Exactly. Every single Pokemon I've designed so far was in the Pastebin, and I tried to reasonably balance all of them. Charizard, Arbok, and Pikachu will be on their way to getting nice buffs. And Poilitoed already got a nice buff, but it probably needs more, as Scarfed Kyogre does outclass it. Maybe an item for extra Defense and Special Defense?

This could be a nice idea but it needs way more balancing atm. It also seems like a bit of work to finalize and XY will be here in two months. (Suggestion: you could keep some ideas in the back of your head and you should defenitely not let this project fall but you never know how much XY will change the metagames. So that this could be optimalized for XY because imo it would be wasted time atm) If anyone has other solutions pls share.

Srry for shitty explanation but phone post :(
No, great point. Pokemon X and Y is still three months away or so though, and this will only take another week or so for me to finish my role, and an admin to code might take a day or two if it gets enough support, so we'll have plenty of time to play! :D But yeah, we'll see what happens in X and Y, and I'll make a new version of this! :)

Thanks for all the support! Continue to leave support and suggestions, you guys rock!

-FreeVelocity

Agh, you're right. Maybe to give him an edge then over the other Regis, we can up his Base Stats a little bit more. Great catch. :p
There we go, Registeel in this project now jumped from 120 HP to 160 HP, giving him 160 both defenses, and 160 HP. With Recover, and Steel typing, making him able to absorb Spikes, Immune to Toxic Spikes, and Stealth Rocks don't do much to him. (Not to mention, the many resistances Steel has.)

I'm almost tempted to give him Unaware.. but that's probably too much. Any ideas for a new ability?

Yeah, uhh... Registeel can't be Poisoned.

(Ice Body gogogo)
It would be amazing for hail stall and even a pivot on balance/offense like Ferrothorn in rain especially after stat boosts.
160/160/160 might be a bit too much with a good ability AND that steel typing. Wouldn't want the other regis outlcassed in everything.

It would be amazing for hail stall and even a pivot on balance/offense like Ferrothorn in rain especially after stat boosts.
160/160/160 might be a bit too much with a good ability AND that steel typing. Wouldn't want the other regis outlcassed in everything.
It might be too much, but don't worry, Ferrothorns probably gonna be getting a buff too. The regis are gonna be your non-weather walls, if you aren't running weather, they're perfect for you. Ferro is gonna be your weather wall, probably with Dry Skin. Dry Skin + Leech Seed + Leftovers in the rain..

Also, Update. Registeel no longer has Recover. 160 / 160 / 160, with its Steel Typing, but no Recover. Hopefully this helps balance a few things, in the competition with this and Ferro. Ferro gets Leech Seed, and will be buffed.

Idea: Give Darmanitan and item that automatically changes it to Zen mode, with 100% HP. This should also boost the power of Special Moves for it by 10%, if need be

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I'm not going to write out a full rant like I planned to, but I'm going to touch apon what I think about this metagame as a constant player of ubers.

Alright first of all: Everything here is a broken fest, and this has 0 balance at all, things like azelf are completely outclassed by Deo-A as a nuke-ishly powerful Glass Cannon, and only can have decent usage with the Extrensensory gimmik (it's a hyper buffed fakeout, but it still isn't that good since a dark type can just switch in, ESPECIALLY DARKRAI, not only does this thing give darkrai a predictable free switch in, but it falls exactly 15 base speed under dakrai's speed, where as dakrai can't take advantage of deo-a's psycho boost because it's faster and can kill it with superpower. So overall, I find little reason to use this over Deo-A, or even Deo-S if your looking for mild bulk.

Again on the 0 balance: Things like Raikou which can be at least slgightly ubers viable with 0 buffs (it can run an item unlike arcues-electric :T) , is now immediately a pokemon that discourages 0 use of other electric types as, it is simply so good as an electric type that you don't NEED to have other electric types in this metagame.

And things like defend order are simply borderline BROKEN, there's a reason why nintendo caps the stat boost distribution at shell smash, +6 in 3 stats, +6 in 6 stats is just borderline way too easy to abuse and gets rid of the whole "defend order" it makes 0 sense as it is not related to defending specifically at all anymore.
Vespiquin is specifically broken in my opinion as it LITERALLY BREAKS (NON ARCEUS) STALL WITH ONE SET :Sub Defend Order- Sub-Roost/Toxic(?)-Defend Order-Attack Order, I mean, seriously? stall is not even viable unless your using arceus anymore with all the shit running rampant here

This is a wonderful concept, but I believe this seems to be a bit of a pet mod ( http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pet-mods-and-fragmentation.3480511 Arizona's thread here, it's one of the best reads you will probably have in the OM forums)

However all that aside: I would be happy to code this once it gets more balanced, so I'll be watching this thread closely

FreeVelocity, I was making a similar metagame to yours as you were making yours with LunarSlushie111 (Showdown name) as a main contributor. The differences: I went in dex order, and I think mine's kinda more balanced. It's called Brokemons, and as soon as I PM Arcticblast, I'll probably post it. You've got a little bit of competition, FreeVelocity.

I'm not going to write out a full rant like I planned to, but I'm going to touch apon what I think about this metagame as a constant player of ubers.

Alright first of all: Everything here is a broken fest, and this has 0 balance at all, things like azelf are completely outclassed by Deo-A as a nuke-ishly powerful Glass Cannon, and only can have decent usage with the Extrensensory gimmik (it's a hyper buffed fakeout, but it still isn't that good since a dark type can just switch in, ESPECIALLY DARKRAI, not only does this thing give darkrai a predictable free switch in, but it falls exactly 15 base speed under dakrai's speed, where as dakrai can't take advantage of deo-a's psycho boost because it's faster and can kill it with superpower. So overall, I find little reason to use this over Deo-A, or even Deo-S if your looking for mild bulk.

Again on the 0 balance: Things like Raikou which can be at least slgightly ubers viable with 0 buffs (it can run an item unlike arcues-electric :T) , is now immediately a pokemon that discourages 0 use of other electric types as, it is simply so good as an electric type that you don't NEED to have other electric types in this metagame.

And things like defend order are simply borderline BROKEN, there's a reason why nintendo caps the stat boost distribution at shell smash, +6 in 3 stats, +6 in 6 stats is just borderline way too easy to abuse and gets rid of the whole "defend order" it makes 0 sense as it is not related to defending specifically at all anymore.
Vespiquin is specifically broken in my opinion as it LITERALLY BREAKS (NON ARCEUS) STALL WITH ONE SET :Sub Defend Order- Sub-Roost/Toxic(?)-Defend Order-Attack Order, I mean, seriously? stall is not even viable unless your using arceus anymore with all the shit running rampant here

This is a wonderful concept, but I believe this seems to be a bit of a pet mod ( http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pet-mods-and-fragmentation.3480511 Arizona's thread here, it's one of the best reads you will probably have in the OM forums)

However all that aside: I would be happy to code this once it gets more balanced, so I'll be watching this thread closely
Yeah, this will be changed to be more balanced, don't worry. And in regards to a few comments, I think Azelf gets U-Turn, so Darkrai might not want to take that. xD

Raikou Comment: Zapdos is WAYYY better, just read Zapdos again. I broke him too much.

(First I squee, as I've always wanted to do this)

I think we really need to pick out sections of pokemon, and move small groups into the Ubers. If everything is considered at once, it'll be a huge mess. Perhaps we should just go one tier at a time, starting with OU. Once the OU looks pretty Uber worthy, we can then move on to UU, RU, etc. How's that sound?

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wanted to say, as I said earlier, Vespiquen doesn't look Uber worthy AT ALL, please explain why a bit buff in stats gives it a role in ubers

(First I squee, as I've always wanted to do this)

I think we really need to pick out sections of pokemon, and move small groups into the Ubers. If everything is considered at once, it'll be a huge mess. Perhaps we should just go one tier at a time, starting with OU. Once the OU looks pretty Uber worthy, we can then move on to UU, RU, etc. How's that sound?
This sounds good to me. Anyone agree? NU goes first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)