Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A main suggestion I would have is to have like a bar at the top f the lobbychat to display a moderator created message to prevent lobbychat spam of people answering the same question over and over

Example: Smogon is down
Example: We are experiencing slight lag.
Example: we are on modchat due to _______

Just to prevent the mass of questions whenever something happens.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
How many times have you seen someone say "LAG TEST" in the showdown chat? And then it gets followed by, like, 20 other people. How about a bot placed on the top of the userlist (may require making it an admin?), called "Lag Test", which people could message whenever they question if there's lag or not.
You can do this yourself with /msg <you>, lagtest

Hey, my name is the same on these Forums as in PS.

OU Monotype has been great, but Tiershift really allows the lower tier pokemon to shine. Is it possible to make a Tiershift Monotype tier?

Thanks, Owlis

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
OU Monotype has been great, but Tiershift really allows the lower tier pokemon to shine. Is it possible to make a Tiershift Monotype tier?
You can propose this by PM'ing the idea to Articblast, with permission from the creators of Monotype and Tier Shift, of course. When you get all of their permissions, you can post this in the OM forum and potentially make it a reality. Please do not post there until you have their OK though. Hopefully this helps you.

I've noticed that calculating damages and stuff takes a lot of time. Not only that, it's pretty vexing to type in a letter to find the pokemon you want, and do the same for the opponent pokemon. Hopefully, this problem can be alleviated :)
  • instead of typing '/calc' , we could right-click on the pokemon sprite during the battle, and open a small box, where the calculations could be done.
ex: your pokemon: walrein.
enemy pokemon: absol.
When you right-click on walrein, a small box would open, showing your walrein EVs, IVs, items, etc. It would also list possible absol sets. Choose one, and the calculations for Walrein against Absol would be shown. Right click on Absol, then calculations of Absol against Walrein would be shown. Or simply use the 'Switcheroo' option.

This could cut down time required by a lot, and battles would be over much quickly. This would also encourage newer players to try it and thus (hopefully) make the ladders a bit better.
Hope this idea is easy to implement :)

Just wondering, how would the Calc automatically know the EVs of the opponent Pokemon? You can't do an accurate calculation without the opponent EVs.

A suggestion of mine is to show alternate forms of Gastrodon, Wormadam, etc. So far, we only have West Gastrodon (the one that looks stupid).

in /data of a pokemon add things like height and weight, i know its a huge undertaking, but it helps when people are using moves like grass knot and low kick.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I've noticed that calculating damages and stuff takes a lot of time. Not only that, it's pretty vexing to type in a letter to find the pokemon you want, and do the same for the opponent pokemon. Hopefully, this problem can be alleviated :)
  • instead of typing '/calc' , we could right-click on the pokemon sprite during the battle, and open a small box, where the calculations could be done.
ex: your pokemon: walrein.

enemy pokemon: absol.
When you right-click on walrein, a small box would open, showing your walrein EVs, IVs, items, etc. It would also list possible absol sets. Choose one, and the calculations for Walrein against Absol would be shown. Right click on Absol, then calculations of Absol against Walrein would be shown. Or simply use the 'Switcheroo' option.

This could cut down time required by a lot, and battles would be over much quickly. This would also encourage newer players to try it and thus (hopefully) make the ladders a bit better.
Hope this idea is easy to implement :)
This would probably be very difficult to implement and would likely not be worth the minuscule amount of time it saves.
A suggestion of mine is to show alternate forms of Gastrodon, Wormadam, etc. So far, we only have West Gastrodon (the one that looks stupid).
A previous implementation of East Sea Gastrodon was bugged and has not been re-added as a result. All other Pokemon with alternate forms are implemented properly except for Unown.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
As it is, Tier Shift has a really small playerbase, and it's really quite difficult to find battles on the ladder already. Splitting up the Tier Shift players into two different tiers would make finding battles even more difficult. Besides, if we were to implement another Monotype ladder it would have to be for a regular tier like UU or Ubers; a Monotype tier for an Other Metagame can just seem weird and kind of out of place.

Hi there, I was wondering if Showdown could implement a /irc or !irc command. Smogon's IRC channels are really cool and are a great way to meet fellow battlers. You can even learn quite a bit of knowledge from the pros-I know I have in #Ubers.

I think a simple command like this would be a good way to increase the IRC channels' popularity and size. It could be like the !CAP command, giving a link with an introduction, a link to the IRC tutorial, and possibly, a link to Mibbit. I've tried to promote IRC on Showdown, and it seems many people want to get into it. It could be cool if this idea happened, but it's not the end of the world if it can't happen.

Thanks for your time :)

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi there, I was wondering if Showdown could implement a /irc or !irc command. Smogon's IRC channels are really cool and are a great way to meet fellow battlers. You can even learn quite a bit of knowledge from the pros-I know I have in #Ubers.

I think a simple command like this would be a good way to increase the IRC channels' popularity and size. It could be like the !CAP command, giving a link with an introduction, a link to the IRC tutorial, and possibly, a link to Mibbit. I've tried to promote IRC on Showdown, and it seems many people want to get into it. It could be cool if this idea happened, but it's not the end of the world if it can't happen.

Thanks for your time :)
IRC staff (#pokemon) is currently hesitant about advertising their channel via mibbit links. If I were you I'd be sure that channels want to be linked in PS chat before suggesting them. If you message me Saturday night when I get home from working at camp i'll see what I can do to help.

Is the pokedex going to be expanded on?

I really like the way it is right now, but being able to search pokemon that learn a certain move combination like Spikes / Stealth Rock and grouping those pokemon by tier would be incredible. It would make team building that much more convenient and easier.

I know that one of our staff members is working on a chat command similar to this, so keep an eye out for that!

It would be great if we could get blaze kick Genesect. He gets it with a hasty nature, in fact, the event is going on right now =S

The event has been added to the server. I've been using it recently. I don't think the team builder has been updated to show that Blaze Kick, Shift Gear and Extreme Speed are legal for it. I will talk to Zarel and see if he can update that but for now you can make the set and play with it without any issues.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Are you guys ever planning on permanently releasing the PU metagame into the other metagames section like you did for 1v1? If I remember right, that was a pretty popular metagame, and I myself really enjoyed it.

Arcticblast

is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm not sure why 1v1 got a permanent ladder (popularity?), but I remember that Tier Shift was added as a permanent ladder because Zarel liked it. Hopefully Monotype will also get a permanent ladder so people can stop bitching about the lack of a monotype ladder, but after an OMotM metagame's time is up it is (normally) removed so another metagame can have its time in the limelight.

I'm not sure how difficult this would be to implement or if it's already been suggested, but is there anyway we can add a bot of some sort to test teams? I'm really tired of making alts to ladder with when I get screwed over because someone is using their favorite Pokemon on the OU ladder rather than an actual competitive team and I'm weak to some crap like Wailord. It'd be highly helpful for people who want to quickly try out additions to a team they posted on RMT, for example. I don't know how difficult it'd be to begin with, but if it's not too much trouble could it just take a recently used team off of someone who's rating is above 1850 on the ladder (and won so people can't ladder up and troll the bot with a team of magikarps and co) or if it's easier have around 5-10 teams implemented that would actually see competitive use? This would be a huge time saver for me personally and I figure it has some uses that could be beneficial to other people too.

Arcticblast

User david stone is working on a Pokemon bot called Technical Machine. If you're ever on #showdown, he might be on as well, and you can send him a PM and ask about it.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I don't know if this has been suggested and/or rejected or not, but is it possible to show the stats of your Pokemon when you hover over them during a battle? PO has this feature and its really helpful.

As it is, Tier Shift has a really small playerbase, and it's really quite difficult to find battles on the ladder already. Splitting up the Tier Shift players into two different tiers would make finding battles even more difficult. Besides, if we were to implement another Monotype ladder it would have to be for a regular tier like UU or Ubers; a Monotype tier for an Other Metagame can just seem weird and kind of out of place.
K thanks Level.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Idk if this has been suggested before but I think a Recommended Items section for each Pokemon, similar to the Recommended Moves, would be useful. This saves time from having to look through the list/type common items like Leftovers, Life Orb, Choice, etc.

I'd love to contribute to this if it does get implemented.

mkizzy

formerly kenny
Idk if this has been suggested before but I think a Recommended Items section for each Pokemon, similar to the Recommended Moves, would be useful. This saves time from having to look through the list/type common items like Leftovers, Life Orb, Choice, etc.

I'd love to contribute to this if it does get implemented.
I would also spend time contributing to it! Infact a recommended abilities one would make sense too but there's not that many abilities to pick from so idk... either way, i'd help out and make sure it doesnt turn out as silly as the suggest movesets =p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)