Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So will MegaLucario be banned?
Based on how it all looks, I think it's safe to say that you need both a held item and a move to Digivolve, so it takes a moveslot, your held item, and a turn, and probably goes away when you switch out.

In other words, it'll be pretty much useless competitively. I don't think we'll need a Digitier. You guys are just overblowing how powerful they'll be

Based on how it all looks, I think it's safe to say that you need both a held item and a move to Digivolve, so it takes a moveslot, your held item, and a turn, and probably goes away when you switch out.

In other words, it'll be pretty much useless competitively.
Wish Gamefreak can stop with this "in battle from change" It dose not work will.

I wouldn't have a problem with these Pokemon if they were just to call them "Mega Mode" instead of Evolution. There's No evolution involved in any of these forms, they're just transformations in-battle that change the Pokemon's stats/ability/and type. Once the battle's over, it's back to the basic Pokemon. That's Not an evolution, that's more of a digivolution. After the battles are over in the show, the digimon return back to their smaller forms. This is pretty much what happens here with Pokemon and these forms. Just call it a Transformation, not an Evolution.

Wish Gamefreak can stop with this "in battle from change" It dose not work will.
It would work in-game, but otherwise it's just a waste. Though, if it boosts stats enough and it turns out that, rather than being a held item, the Megastone is used to teach the Digivolve move, then it's really just a form of set-up.

Either way, I want Pokemon to die now. They've officially run out of ideas, and at this rate it's going to end up like 3D Sonic (before Colors).

Last edited:
About that new bunnymon... looks like it's got huge bunny feet for ears, no? Although its other features don't exactly seem to work in an upside-down fashion (like inkay/malamar) it's still interesting to see. Maybe it'll evolve into some weird ear-kicking normal/fighting mon, maybe a bit similar to hitmontop even?

Edit: and about that cheeck pouches ability. The first thing i had to think about was some kind of natural leftovers ability. The pokemon revealed with the ability don't seem too strong so it doesn't look like it would make them OP anytime soon.

Last edited:

In other words, it'll be pretty much useless competitively. I don't think we'll need a Digitier. You guys are just overblowing how powerful they'll be
They might not be completely useless competitively, but might would be comparable to, say, Eviolite - you gain extra power, but lose the ability to carry other items that might help. In this case, it's stuff like Choice items and Life Orb rather than Leftovers.

About that new bunnymon... looks like it's got huge bunny feet for ears, no? Although its other features don't exactly seem to work in an upside-down fashion (like inkay/malamar) it's still interesting to see. Maybe it'll evolve into some weird ear-kicking normal/fighting mon, maybe a bit similar to hitmontop even?
A wonderful idea just came into my head. I'll name my Froakie Slippy.

Design-wise, though, I wasn't too fond of the bunnymon at first, but I sense I might begin to like it...
Also, this is just a wild guess, but I have a feeling it might evolve into a ground or rock type, perhaps.

What if the digistone used to digivolve the digimons give a 50% boost to both attacking stats....
... what now what do we do?

Edit: also digi-ampharos can be a spokesperson for Gamefreak's shampoo line!!

Last edited:
The new lucario forme looks like a super hero / boxer type of pokemon
That was the old lucario. It was a symbol of justice. The new form of lucario looks like a villain of some sort.
Here's the Trademark list of Nintendo that leaked a month ago.

http://www.pokexperto.net/index2.php?subaction=showfull&id=1374068800&archive=&start_from=&ucat=2&

Dedenne seems to coincide in both the list and the official name.
We can see horubii, the rabbit pokemon there as well.

So basically what I'm getting from this whole mega evolution thing is that in concept it's not that dissimilar to Giratina/Giratina-O. They are simply applying it to non-legendaries and calling it an evolution rather then a forme change

It would work in-game, but otherwise it's just a waste. Though, if it boosts stats enough and it turns out that, rather than being a held item, the Megastone is used to teach the Digivolve move, then it's really just a form of set-up.

Either way, I want Pokemon to die now. They've officially run out of ideas, and at this rate it's going to end up like 3D Sonic (before Colors).
Alright would people stop using the Digimon references to describe Mega Evolutions. They're uncreative, they're not clever, they're not funny, and since every time new pokemon are shown, there is always that group of people who say they look like Digimon, so it has already gotten old. Also, isn't normal evolution just as similar to digivolution? A monster transforms normally into a bigger monster, the concept has been there forever. This whole comparison is just plain stupid.

Mega evolutions are Mega evolutions, simple as that.

Here's a way for Pokemon to die for you: Stop going to any Pokemon websites and don't buy the games. If you don't like the concepts, fine that's your opinion, but there are many of us who are looking forward to the games and actually like Mega Evolutions, so wishing for a franchise to die just because you don't like a concept is very selfish. Finally, I'm not even going to comment on the "Pokemon has run out ideals hurr durr" remark because like the Digimon comparison, it's old and dumb.

A wonderful idea just came into my head. I'll name my Froakie Slippy.

Design-wise, though, I wasn't too fond of the bunnymon at first, but I sense I might begin to like it...
Also, this is just a wild guess, but I have a feeling it might evolve into a ground or rock type, perhaps.
Because of the gray and dark brown color scheme you might be right. For all i know it could use it's ears for digging, which quite honestly would be incredibly impractical but pokemon's not exactly known for its realism anyway so who knows.

you guys are completely neglecting the fact that mega formes won't be able to use held items by default.
Assuming their base stats are not horrifically overblown (and something tells me they won't be) just how effective will they be compared to their old selves holding...say...life orb?

Even then, you're losing the flexibility that comes with being able to hold items in exchange for a more direct, predictable approach. and on top of that, what happens when these Pokemon switch out/get their item knocked off? Do they de-evolve mid battle if they lose their catalyst?

Every generation we get people saying dumb stuff like "nintendo is running out of ideas, I'm gonna stop playing" or "Power creep too stronk I'm gonna stop playing" and yet every generation is still playable. Every single time, and we still get cool and interesting designs that far outshine anything in precious generation 1.

Pokemon as a franchise operates on the basis of repetition and familiarity as a key formula. You'd think that by now people would have learned a thing or two after 5 consecutive generations.

Remember back when Prankster Whimsicott was scary?

People should stop saying gamefreak ran out of ideas imo. Mege evo is a great concept and very refreshing. People saying that since gen 3. everytime they try something completly different people complain it's not pokemon anymore, when they do something simple it's them running out of ideas. I am really hyped for mega evos and think they might maje a lot of useless pokemon ou.

I'm really just waiting for the reason behind these Mega Form changes and how it goes with the story (If it infact does). I hope they give Mega Forms to all starters, at least. Giving Blaziken a Mega Form on top of Speed Boost is unnecessary imo.

Mega evo is a fantastic way to allow Pokemon to become stronger and fill more niches without touching the designs that people love. Got a favorite Pokemon you wish was stronger? Want it to evolve but worried they'll make it suck? That's fine, you no longer have to commit to evolving your favorite pokemon if it has a Mega form. Since it's a temporary evolution, it means your favorite pokemon can remain cute when it's not busy being more useful.

Hasn't the Digimon franchise patented their digivolution? What happened? Maybe this is the unexpected partnership Gamefreak mentioned a while back.

Maybe this is the unexpected partnership Gamefreak mentioned a while back.
What partnership? If you're talking about the combination of a Classic game and a favorite game with the horse image, it's Soritiba: Solitaire and Horse Racing combined (Genious GameFreak). Also, these are mentioned to be Mega "Forms" and do not grow in size. So no problem with Patent issues.

Last edited:
The one thing I take away from this is that Digimon is still alive in the memories of many if only as something silly to fall back to when no serious complaints can be made about a newly revealed pokemon.

So one thing I find kind of funny is that Mega Mawile with Huge Power will probably outshine Medicham as the strongest un-boosted non-legendary Pokemon around. However, since it can't use any held items, it's ultimately going to end up being less powerful than Medicham wearing a choice band or holding a life orb.

It seems to me at least that not being able to utilise items will be a big deal for many of these Mega pokemon. Maybe we'll start seeing Thief and Covet used more often in serious play assuming that the Mega Stone is used up upon 'evolution'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)