Song Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Arcticblast

What is Song Crisis?

1. When a Pokemon is sent out to the field, it will automaticly gain Perish Song.
  2. Perish Song now lasts for 5 turns.
  3. Shadow Tag, Arena Trap and Magnet Pull abilities are banned.
  4. Only 2 Pokemons in the party can learn either Mean Look, U-Turn, Volt Switch, Block, Imprision,Fire Spin, Bind, Wrap, Spider Web, Whirlpool, Clamp and Sand Tomb. (ex. If a team has a Sandshrew and Onix that know Sand Tomb, other Pokemons can't have trapping moves.)
  5. Only 2 Pokemons in the party can hold Eject Button.
  6. Only 2 Pokemons in the party can hold Shed Shell.
  7. Song Crisis is played on OU.
This supports the idea of Hit&Run and also it increases the popularity of Hazards&Spinners even more.

I hope you have fun playing this meta!

Last edited:

Lyto

Experience Tranquility
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This seems interesting.

I suppose with the perish song effect we aren't going to be seeing many boosters.

lol, the first thing I realized is that toxic will almost be useless in this meta.

This looks pretty cool, I think entry hazards and choice-users will be the most dominant. (every team will need a spinner/magic bouncer)
Also, I wonder if trapping moves will end up being a gimmick, or an actually viable move.

Cool idea for a tier! I was wondering would Soundproof work upon entry so as to cancel the effect of the Perish Song for the Pokemon? In addition to what WasSollDas said about hazards and choice users, I see Magic Guard having some potential here.

The thing with boosters seems about right, since no Pokemon can able to really set up and sweep now. (A.K.A. Volcorona now needs luck with scarf Fiery Dance)

Also, Bounce users can be taken advantage of with Roar/Whirlwind, since it will bounce back and make a switch for you, so I would rather keep them.

Also, it would be awsome if someone could implement this to PS. We could do some testings if it gets implemented.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I like this metagame. It reinforces the concept of hit-and-run, but also allows Rapid Spin to have more usage. Also the pic in the OP. I do have a question though. What will happen if a Poke uses Perish Song while they already have it? will the length shorten to 3 turns, or will it stay the same?

I do have a question though. What will happen if a Poke uses Perish Song while they already have it? will the length shorten to 3 turns, or will it stay the same?
It will stay the same, however, it only matters for 1 turn so it is kinda useless just to get a 1 turn early switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)