Serious Relationships and Sex Ed Thread

What should I do if my ex (we dated for two years and she dumped me a month ago) tries to becomes friends with me again?
did you guys end on bad terms or something? there's nothing wrong with becoming friends with your ex after a break up. she could just be trying to amend whatever happened to end your friendship/relationship in the first place. it doesn't necessarily mean she's trying to get back together with you.

My boyfriend of one day just kissed me 0_0 what do I do.
did you just decide one day you guys were bf and gf? never heard of someone question what to do when their s/o kisses them.

did you guys end on bad terms or something? there's nothing wrong with becoming friends with your ex after a break up. she could just be trying to amend whatever happened to end your friendship/relationship in the first place. it doesn't necessarily mean she's trying to get back together with you.
Well, I know she's not trying to get back together with me because she's now dating the guy she left me for. She keeps saying stuff about being friends again, but I kinda just hate him and don't like what she did to me.

Well, I know she's not trying to get back together with me because she's now dating the guy she left me for. She keeps saying stuff about being friends again, but I kinda just hate him and don't like what she did to me.
i think the best thing you can do is tell her exactly what you just said to me. explain to her that you're not ready to trust/accept (etc) her friendship after what she did to you. i would try not to mention your resent towards her current bf so that it just stays between you and her. if you believe at some point that there is a chance that you can forgive her and become friends, let her know that. the only other possibility would be to completely ignore her, but depending on the severity of your break up and whether or not that is in your best interest, the choice is yours.

i think the best thing you can do is tell her exactly what you just said to me. explain to her that you're not ready to trust/accept (etc) her friendship after what she did to you. i would try not to mention your resent towards her current bf so that it just stays between you and her. if you believe at some point that there is a chance that you can forgive her and become friends, let her know that. the only other possibility would be to completely ignore her, but depending on the severity of your break up and whether or not that is in your best interest, the choice is yours.
That was surprisingly helpful. Thanks.

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Guys, I'm not expert, but I think Chinchou's a guy... or else Ryan (on his profile) can be used as a girl's name...
Doesn't really matter if he's a guy or a girl, advice is still the same :P

That said, Ryan is a pretty common ambiguous-gender name iirc, I've known girls and guys with it.

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Based on the fact that Chinchou just started a thread called LGBTQ, and is named Ryan I would assume that he is in fact a gay male, not that it matters.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What should I do if my ex (we dated for two years and she dumped me a month ago) tries to becomes friends with me again?
If you're still feeling that negativity toward the guy she's dating now, then it's probably way too soon to try to be friends with her. Before one can have a healthy friendship with a person they were intimate with for such a long time, there needs to be a healthy disconnected period where both parties move on with their lives and "get over" the loss of the other. This period can vary depending on the person, but it has been known to take a while (months, even years). In my experience, I've never been able to be close friends with my exes. Even if we ended our relationship on good terms, it's awkward to go back to just a regular friendship. Even now, being married and years after my last breakup, I am still only, at the most, casual "Facebook" friends with a couple of my exes, and we do no more than leave a comment occasionally on a random status.

Honestly, unless your ex and yourself share a very similar sphere of influence and you see each other a lot through your normal routine, it's going to be difficult to maintain any kind of healthy friendship to begin with. Forcing it only leads to more awkwardness.

If you really want to be friends with this girl again, you need to wait until you no longer harbor any feelings of negativity or resentment, toward her OR the guy she's dating. This means cutting off contact COMPLETELY for a while and focusing on other things in your life until those feelings disappear. That being said, and based on what you've told me about the circumstances and her behavior, I don't think this is a person you really want to be friends with. Having a deep relationship with someone for two years, then just dumping them and jumping into another relationship less than a month later is kind of a dick move, and kind of tells me she gave up caring about you long before you two broke up. Her effort to be friends with you again so soon seems like just shallow attempts to placate you and make herself feel less guilty for what she did. It sounds like "charity" to me, something you don't need any part of.

I'd expect you to take my advice with a grain of salt, of course. I have only limited information about your situation, and I am basing my advice off my own experiences and the experiences of people I know and have spoken to about. I hope that you find a resolution to this situation that benefits you and allows you to move forward with your life in a healthy way.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
But when you start talking to someone for like three days and then ask them out and they say they'd rather be friends, it doesn't mean you've been friendzoned, it means you've been politely rejected and you can either just leave because there's no chance of the sexy, or just value people for more than their vagina.
(BAN ME PLEASE)
The only thing I'm looking for if are there any certain subconscious behavior traits people fall into that make it hard for women to make themselves approachable. I have been having a really hard time since that break-up. I'm not a chick repellent or anything. They are comfortable around me, we hang out and all, and I even call them up/they call me up and chat etc. I just seem to have lost the knack of making a romantic approach, it's not as much as 'they friendzoned me', as much as 'I am getting myself friendzoned.'
nigga u thinkin way 2 hard about dis
THANK YOU. You seem to be the only guy that realises this.
hey fuck you did you not notice the literal HUNDREDS of other posts of people saying this? Just cos the internet is full of dumbfuck nineteenyearolds who're like "maybe if I'm really nice to her and never express any interest in dating/fucking at all she'll ask me out!" -> "that dumb slut is holding out on me!" doesn't mean we're all so retarded. actually though how much of this thread has been "I've been friend-zoned!" says random male user, "no you haven't!" chimes in every other user
People are massive cowards when it comes to putting themselves out there in general, and further they are pretty adept at tricking themselves into believing that another person isn't interested in them. All the time there are people that like each other, but manage to fuck it up with their own respective fears of being rejected.
I knew this guy and a girl who literally spent every day together (that's not hyperbole, it was every day) for several months, slept in the same bed, spooned all the time, were really close, but were so adamant that they were "not dating"
finally they fucked and everything was better for it
fucking morons

Chinchou

Banned deucer.
lol you guys, I am a male. The correct term is Homosexual Male btw, and i prefer being called that :p Not that it matters but still.

This might seem silly, but a while ago I met a girl on ps (Told you it seems silly) Shes beautiful, and we have so much in common. So we started going out if you can call it that lol, dunno never have done online before. Problem is we are still younger 16 to be exact, not to mention how far she is away. I dunno is it a good idea to continue this and meet up later if it lasts that long? I just need some opinions on this. Could this actualy work out?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This might seem silly, but a while ago I met a girl on ps (Told you it seems silly) Shes beautiful, and we have so much in common. So we started going out if you can call it that lol, dunno never have done online before. Problem is we are still younger 16 to be exact, not to mention how far she is away. I dunno is it a good idea to continue this and meet up later if it lasts that long? I just need some opinions on this. Could this actualy work out?
Though I did not meet my wife initially online, we did date for over two years (and even got engaged) while living far away from each other. This should tell you that a long distance relationship can work, but it takes a great deal of patience, dedication, and most importantly communication. Now, not to discount your age, but I'd say the chances are slim at best of you maintaining a lasting relationship with this girl. Most times, boys and girls your age simply lack the maturity and development to understand and engage in a meaningful long term relationship. Now of course, this doesn't mean you CAN'T do it, it's just typically not how things turn out.

My advice? If you and her both feel strongly about one another, go for it. Continue to have regular communication, skype, send each other pictures, etc. Long distance relationships have the benefit of forcing couples to develop strong communication with one another rather than get lost in the physical infatuation that tends to dominate in the early stages. This has good implications long term, as proper communication and trust are essential to a stable relationship.

I would caution you, though, to pace yourselves and take things gradually. If an opportunity arises to meet in person or make a visit without one or both of you shelling out a ton of money, jump on it. Don't, however, feel compelled to go out of your way to make something like this happen. If it is meant to be, it will be. Just enjoy each other and your shared interests :). Best of luck!

theebay707

Banned deucer.
Haha, I remember my first sexual experience. It was with my at the time girlfriend, Jessica, after we had graduated middle school. Being the young, upstanding, and slightly insecure chap that I once was, I knew that I had to seduce Jessica with a trip to the roller rink and a delicious chocolate malt. Once that portion of the date was executed successfully, she was thoroughly ready to hop in my newly refurbished race car bed so I could take her for a spin. Although during all of the excitement of seducing my partner, I forgot that I'm only 3 inches limp and about 4 inches hard!! I knew it was time to act fast, so I ran downstairs as Jessica pleasured herself and cut off the end of a Hebrew National beef hot dog and stuffed it down my Trojan condom which I bought with my allowance. It was the best sex I've ever had.

Haha, I remember my first sexual experience. It was with my at the time girlfriend, Jessica, after we had graduated middle school. Being the young, upstanding, and slightly insecure chap that I once was, I knew that I had to seduce Jessica with a trip to the roller rink and a delicious chocolate malt. Once that portion of the date was executed successfully, she was thoroughly ready to hop in my newly refurbished race car bed so I could take her for a spin. Although during all of the excitement of seducing my partner, I forgot that I'm only 3 inches limp and about 4 inches hard!! I knew it was time to act fast, so I ran downstairs as Jessica pleasured herself and cut off the end of a Hebrew National beef hot dog and stuffed it down my Trojan condom which I bought with my allowance. It was the best sex I've ever had.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

This is how you sacrifice for a girl! Take notes gentlemen(myself included)

might as well say what everyone is thinking: you sure it's a girl?

It isn't more correct, I just prefer it over gay :p like some people prefer cheese pizza over pepporoni pizza :p
B-but... Cheese pizza and pepperoni pizza are two totally different things...
Unless we are reverting to "having a gay old time" in an older and less sexy context.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It isn't more correct, I just prefer it over gay :p like some people prefer cheese pizza over pepporoni pizza :p
You didn't answer my question regarding whether you don't like to be called a guy/dude

edit:

@WaterBomb-- as mentioned, I'm not intending to troll, but asking with serious curiosity. I honestly don't know. I don't know how to make it clear that I'm asking genuinely, and not flippantly.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)