Dragon/BatonPass/Stall Madness - Time for Fine Tuning!

Hi all, this one of my more recent teams. I've been working on it for a while now, and I'm very satisfied with my choice in Pokemon. It employs a strange strategy of dragon dance/baton passing to my dragony friends, while having some bulky mons prepared to stall out in the event of emergencies.

My wins/losses rating sits roughly at 50/50. I'm not trying to swap Pokemon at this point, I'm just trying to fine tune movesets to get a better coverage.

So rather than trying to explain the team in a nutshell, here they are:

Smeargle @Focus sash
Technician

Jolly 252HP/4Sp.Def/252Speed
Spore
Dragon Dance
Baton Pass
Stealth Rock
Smeargle is my lead, who sets up for the main strategy: a dragon dance boosted outrage festival! But more on that later. The focus sash ensures he'll never be OHKO'd immediately. His moveset is fairly straight-forward, but I've always felt like stealth rock was the odd move out. At the same time, I don't know what to swap it with. I've tried magic coat, and I never really noticed a difference. And basically, after the first baton pass, Smeargle will be too weak to last long. I considered adding destiny bond, but I realized that a weakened Smeargle probably wouldn't last long enough to perform the attack. Any advice on this move would be amazing!

Salamence @Lum Berry
Moxie
Hasty 252Atk/4Sp.Atk/252Speed
Draco Meteor
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Outrage
Salamence is an awesome dragon that unfortunately lives in the shadows of Haxorus and Hydreigon. I tend to switch between baton passing to 'Sally' and Gyrados depending on the opponent's team. Draco meteor is the move that stands out to me, as I rarely use it. For the most part, Salamence outrages himself to death, with a lum berry to snap itself out of confusion. Fire blast has been helpful against some steel types, but with Heatran as popular as he is, Salamence wouldn't really be my main choice of attack. On the other hand...

Gyrados @Lum Berry
Moxie

Adamant 252HP/252Atk/4Sp.Def
Dragon Tail
Waterfall
Outrage
Ice Fang
Gyrados would do just fine. Gyrados has another straight-forward set up. I really like dragon tail, as I've disrupted many strategies with it. Waterfall is just an awesome STAB to have - Heatrans and other fire types really hate this one! Ice fang is in there for defence against other dragons. Unfortunately, Gyrados will typically lose in a speed contest with other dragons. I may consider changing Ice fang to stone edge.

Jellicent @Leftovers
Cursed Body

Calm 252HP/4SpAtk/252SpDef
Pyschic
Scald
Recover
Toxic
Say what you want about gen 5, but I was always drawn to Jellicent for some reason. I've always managed to stall and drive my friends absolutely insane with Jellicent. So thus begins the stall portion of my team. In the unfortunate event that both dragons go down early, I will make my opponent's life more difficult with Jellicent, Breloom and Magnezone. Jellicent may need a shadow ball, though I'm not really sure which move to drop. But I realized the importance of this as I don't really have any ghost moves on this team. But Jellicent is built to last, and can withstand a barrage of attacks, especially while spamming recover.

Breloom @Toxic Orb
Poison Heal

Impish 252HP/4Atk/252Def
Dynamic Punch
Bullet Seed
Spore
Leech Seed
Honestly, I never really like Breloom, until I used him in a stall situation. Then I fell in love; poison heal and leech seed can drive any opponent crazy! And dynamic punch is a nice little addition, especially since it's the only fighting move I have. I realized that's a problem recently, so I need to figure out where I can squeeze another fighting move in. Finally, spore is awesome in tight situations. All in all, Breloom last long and usually can KO at least two enemies before going down.

Magnezone @Leftovers
Sturdy

252HP/4Def/252SpAtk
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice
Thunder Wave
Signal Beam

Last but not least is Magnezone, my steel dude that's full of surprises. Not only is he a good psychic killer with signal beam, HP ice usually does a nice bit of damage to the dragon types. He can also usually tank a few serious hits before falling. Magnezone has gotten me out of a lot of hairy situations, and really pulls the stall/wall aspect of my team together.

So that's what I have for now. Any advice is appreciated. As I said earlier, I'm not here to change Pokemon; this is my team for now. Of course, I will be making others, but I enjoy the weirdness, and I look forward to your advice.

Thanks all!

Breloom's moveset should be Bullet Seed, Substitute, Mach Punch, Swords Dance
That is a solid moveset, but that moves him away from the stall element no? And wouldn't Smeargle be able to pass to Breloom to get a similar effect? (I know Drgaon Dance and Swords Dance are different, but just sayin')

Stall I see. My bad. The move set should be Spore, Substitute, Leech Seed, Mach Punch. That's the best I have to offer.

Your movesets are all wrong, along with the EV Spreads.
Moves
Smeargle should have Shift Gear over Dragon dance as it boots your speed by plus 2 instead of plus 1.
Gyarados should have Dragon Dance over Dragon Tail and Bounce over Outrage, and for the final moveslot you could use Earthquake or Substitute.
Jellicent should have Water Absorb to take on Rain teams better, and maybe Will-O-Wisp over Toxic, and Shadow Ball over Psychic. Maybe even Taunt.
Breloom should not have Dynamic Punch and Bullet Seed is super weak on the Poison Heal set. I suggest Spore, Leech Seed, Substitute and Focus Punch.
Finally, Magnezone should have Hidden Power Fire as you want it to trap and kill steel types right? Then that's the way to go. Flash Cannon is a better then Signal Beam because of STAB and it's better in general. Also try Substitute over Thunder Wave as it helps against Ferrothorns.

EV Spreads
Breloom should have 236 HP, 252 Defense and 20 Speed. This allows you to maintain the highest amount of Poison Heal recovery while still tanking U-Turns from Banded Scizors and lot's of priority as well. Rest is i Speed.
Gyarados should have 252 Attack, 4 Defense and 252 Speed. This is better for an offensive Dragon Dance set.
Magnezone should have an EV spread 252 Special Attack, 220 Speed and 36 HP. This allows you to outspeed Max speed Scizor while still maintaining bulk.

Hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)