New/Creative movesets — Little Cup edition!

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Seems like an interesting set, but with the incredible amount of physical Fighting-types roaming in the tier, and the fact that Misdreavus sets up on it makes me feel like it isn't the most viable for the current metagame. However, I never thought of Munchy as an attacker at all.

I see where you are coming from, and you are probably right, it's just a lot of fun to use, but giving and fighting type in tier an opportunity to switch in is never a great idea, though a lot of them get hit hard on the switch in.

236+ Atk Munchlax Return vs. 0 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Mienfoo: 10-13 (47.61 - 61.9%) -- 93.75% chance to 2HKO (Regenerator mitigates this somewhat, but heyho.)

236+ Atk Munchlax Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Scraggy: 12-15 (57.14 - 71.42%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

236+ Atk Munchlax Return vs. 76 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Timburr: 12-15 (48 - 60%) -- 90.23% chance to 2HKO

But yeah, once they are in, you're gonna be scared out, and Misdreavus is a problem, as you pointed out! :)

Foongus and Magnemite are Munchlax checks?...I would think it's the other way around. Magnemite has access to Earthquake to beat Mag and Return / elemental punches for Foongus, which are really powerful coming from 19 Attack. I'd like to think it beats Murkrow 1v1 too, heh.

It is a lovely set though =) it basically wrecks Lileep, as its subs are 2HKOed and block out Toxic. Denying Scraggy setup on you is also cool too.

edit: oops meant Munchlax has EQ access

dcae

plaza athénée
Yeah the set does have a few problems, but with the right team support I can see Munchlax as a very legitimate threat. Yur calcs demonstrsted well that Fighting types cannot switch in without getting wrecked, and thus I think I will test out your set. Team support by trapping those ghosts could let you rampage pretty easily.

Foongus and Magnemite are Munchlax checks?...I would think it's the other way around. Magnemite has access to Earthquake to beat Mag and Return / elemental punches for Foongus, which are really powerful coming from 19 Attack.
True, true. I guess the calcs were just to illustrate it's power, more that anything else, sorry, the use of "checks" was a bit misleading! But yeah, like you said, 19 Atk speaks for itself!

On a side note, I tested the set much more today, and it is really nice for something that likes Lileep out of the way. I was using it on a team with a Shell Smash Clamperl, which is nice, because it could drop Ice Beam for Sub, as Lileep was less of an issue. I also had a Memento LO Diglett, as it aides set up for Clamperl, and a Houdour for those pesky Misdrevus. All in all, the set has a small niche, and can work on occasion, but is not something you just throw onto a team and hope for the best. :)

Hippopotas (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Stream
Level: 5
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 212 Def / 100 SDef / 20 Spd
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Rock Slide​

I've used it and it surprises a lot. It lures a lot of things. Snover who likes to come on Hippopotas takes a super-effective Rock Slide. Crunch is here for ghost, especialy Gastly and Misdreavus who would set-up on Hippo. This set is a nice check to Murkrow, especialy the SubRoost version since it can't 2HKO Hippo except with two Brave Bird from MixKrow while Hippo OHKOes MixKrow with SR and 2HKOes other versions. Unfortunately, this Hippopotas can't set-up SR so that's why Lileep who is excellent on Sand Storm is a great partner. Drilbur(and Sandshrew) are also great partners because they can abuse of Sand Storm, the lack of Snover who can be lured by Rock Slide and the weakening of Misdreavus.​

dcae

plaza athénée
So here is my set for Dwebble, which is underrated. It combines the aspect of hazards Dwebble and Shell Smash Dwebble.

Dwebble @Oran Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Nature Jolly
-Shell Smash
-Stealth Rocks
-Rock Blast
-Earthquake

You can easily setup and smash your opponent if you notice they have a weakness to Dwebble. Setting up SR also is a nice lure to offensive pokes to come in and set up unhindered, and then see Dwebble set up and hit hard.

I sometimes saw this Dwebble on the ladder and then I decided to test it and it works really well. It is an excellent lure because after seting up SR, some Pokemon come on Dwebble to KO it but it uses Shell Smash and then KO the "counter". It is definitely a good set.

Larvesta (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Zen Headbutt

I use it a lot and it is really great. It is an great revenge killer and an excellent LGS. In mid-game, it spamms to weaken counters and an easily finish the match due to its incredible power and how Flare Blitz is powerful.

U-turn is a great STAB, doing great damages and is really ueful to scoot. Flare Blitz is the main STAB, really powerful and can be use in Late Game. Wild Charge is useful to catch a Water-type like Staryu on the switch. Finally, Zen Headbutt is the last move, it isn't use a lot but it can be useful in some cases against Fighting-types.

Unfortunately, this set requires support like Spin and the weakening of Chinchou who is only 3HKO by U-turn.

"Tell me why my set sucks"

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 156 HP / 76 Atk / 196 Def / 76 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch / Hi Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Baton Pass
I guess I really like this set. I am sort of a noob at LC so I need to use standards for now, so mienfoo was a natural pick. With eviolite and good bulk he is pretty difficult to take down, most players use misdreavus to take him down. This set utilizes swords dance and baton pass to sweep much better. Stone edge hits larvesta and psychic/poison types. Drain punch is powerful healing STAB, but hi jump kick is really powerful and mienfoo does have regenerator for healing. Swords dance makes him hard to stop and baton pass allows mienfoo to pivot into a powerful physical sweeper that has better coverage against the opposing team, priority users work well for this (murkrow!)

Your set is good if you want to pass Sword Dance. I would just say use Substitute over Stone Edge because it's not really useful while Substitute is really useful. Also, Drain Punch >Hi Jump Kick if you want to baton pass more boosts. No change for your EV spread which is great.

Stone Edge is useful to OHKO Larvesta, who can switch in on Mienfoo expecting to resist his Fighting-type attacks and possibly cripple him with a burn.

Fighting/Rock gives decent coverage that is useful to dispatch a mon or two before passing the SD boost

dcae

plaza athénée
"Tell me why my set sucks"

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 156 HP / 76 Atk / 196 Def / 76 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch / Hi Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Baton Pass
I guess I really like this set. I am sort of a noob at LC so I need to use standards for now, so mienfoo was a natural pick. With eviolite and good bulk he is pretty difficult to take down, most players use misdreavus to take him down. This set utilizes swords dance and baton pass to sweep much better. Stone edge hits larvesta and psychic/poison types. Drain punch is powerful healing STAB, but hi jump kick is really powerful and mienfoo does have regenerator for healing. Swords dance makes him hard to stop and baton pass allows mienfoo to pivot into a powerful physical sweeper that has better coverage against the opposing team, priority users work well for this (murkrow!)
Solid set that is, definitely one of Foo's underrated sets. I also recommend Drain Punch because it isn't worth running the risk of HJK considering your set is more support oriented the hard hitting, so Drain Punch is more useful. Fighting/Rock coverage is impeccable, but Knock Off is an option over SE due to irritating counters earlygame before dishing out the hurt later, with the counters weakened without an item.

Delver

I got the runs like Jagger
Like Dcea said my only witchings on that wuld be to move it to more of a support role. Knock-off > Stone Edge, Drain Punch > HJK and maybe move teh 76 EV's in Atk into SpD. It bumps it up 2 thanks to the eviolite. and im pretty sure that the +1 in atk doesnt net you anything a base stat wouldnt. some one can calc that and prove me wrong, specifically with scraggy because thats who matters with max Def mienfoo. Baton Pass in general is ignored a lot in LC, and i think its because the teir isnt kind to chains. However, assuming this is a start-finisher kind of thing I could see it working awesomely.

Defense Tauntkrow!

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 196 HP / 180 Def / 100 SDef / 28 Spd
Impish Nature
- Drill Peck
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic

This Murkrow set aims to lure in Murkrow's usual switch-ins (minus Steel-types) and defeat them. Taunt + Toxic work together to shut down Murkrow's defensive checks such as Chinchou, Archen, Porygon, and Lileep. The EV spread also makes Murkrow really bulky and able to take strong and super effective hits (Tri Attack, HP Rock, Rock Slide, Volt Switch, etc.) with ease and then heal with Roost, which gets rid of most of its weaknesses. The game plan is to come in on something Murkrow scares away, like Foongus, and Toxic the switch-in (or in the case of Foongus you'd probably Taunt first), and then Taunt or Toxic depending on what move you used previously and stall them out with Roost. Very fun ~(^.^)~

Thanks for bumping this Charmander because I feel that this thread has a lot of potential, especially now with a lot of good lc players frequently posting in this forum anyway here is a slight spin on Choice Scarf Misdreavus (which is missys rarest set) I have had great success using this in my team

(Misdreavus) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 240 SAtk / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Trick

ok the change here is Nasty Plot rather than Thunderbolt. I admit that Nasty Plot doesn't get used to often and it isn't that useful but its more useful than Thunderbolt imo. After all Misdreavus should not stay in on Murkrow anyway due to Sucker Punch so having super effective coverage against it is almost pointless. The only other common Pokémon it really gives coverage for are Shell Smashers and Staryu. Staryu can one Thunderbolt anyway and Choice Scarf Misdreavus outspeeds +2 Tirtouga, Shellder and Clamperl and after setting up they are usually weakened and have -1 defense due to Shell Smash so Shadow Ball is usually enough to pick them off. The only thing it really gives coverage to that is important is Archen and Mantyke off the top of my head.

Now one reason for using Nasty Plot is for the surprise factor, after Misdreavus has trick'd its Choice Scarf people don't expect it to carry Nasty plot making it pretty easy to set-up. If Misdreavus is able to trick is scarf away when it is healthy then it can be played pretty much like a normal Nasty Plot Misdreavus later in the game! Also it is hilarious when your opponent has a Wynuat and you Trick it the scarf and then start nasty plotting in its face while it keeps mirror coating (lol)

Vullaby (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Overcoat
EVs: 196 Spd / 76 SDef / 236 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Punishment
- Heat Wave

My Choice Scarf Vullaby. He is less wall breaking then Scarf Murkrow but as a revenge killer, he does a wonderful job. He reach a nice 24 speed with the scarf and his good natural bulk allow him to take on a few hits despite not having eviolite. Why would you choose Vullaby over Murkrow? Well first, most people wont expect a scarf Vullaby. Second he has U-turn. Third he has a bit more bulk allowing him to switch into a few things without getting 2hkod. I used to have a Naive nature but i found myself never using heat wave, the 10% miss just scared me too much and Brave Bird/U-turn is usualy a much safer option against Snover or the steel types considering the rest of my team. Punishment is there for the physical attack stab, yes he does have dark pulse but since I want maximum power for brave bird and u-turn, dark pulse wouldn't be doing that much damage and when you are facing a +2 Misdreavus it's a 100bp stab move, his only other options are Foul Play or Faint Attack but I don't really see how they could be a better option.

Remoraid @ Life Orb
Trait: Sniper
EVs: 240 SAtk / 236 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Fire Blast

don't mess with remoraid. I believe that with Hydro Pump/Blizzard/HP Ground/Fire Blast/Thunder, the entire LC tier is 2hko'd (except perhaps Munchlax and Lickitung, but who uses them... (Porygon and Misdreavus are both 2hko'd by hydro pump)) That's 5 moves, and 4 of them you can use. This means that your opponent won't know what his safe switch is, if any. I opted not to use Thunder, because i have solid answers to Staryu and Frillish. With a Timid nature, Remoraid reaches 17 speed, which isn't amazing, but enough to outrun common walls who think they can wall remoraid, such as Chinchou, Lileep, Eviolite Snover, Foongus and Ferroseed. You can also send it in against a slightly weakened Mienfoo, as Hydro Pump will do at least 73% to the defensive variant (be wary of offensive variants with a little more speed, as you speed tie with them) I am using this set with Hail support and SR.

Remoraid @ Life Orb
Trait: Sniper
EVs: 240 SAtk / 236 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Fire Blast

don't mess with remoraid. I believe that with Hydro Pump/Blizzard/HP Ground/Fire Blast/Thunder, the entire LC tier is 2hko'd (except perhaps Munchlax and Lickitung, but who uses them... (Porygon and Misdreavus are both 2hko'd by hydro pump)) That's 5 moves, and 4 of them you can use. This means that your opponent won't know what his safe switch is, if any. I opted not to use Thunder, because i have solid answers to Staryu and Frillish. With a Timid nature, Remoraid reaches 17 speed, which isn't amazing, but enough to outrun common walls who think they can wall remoraid, such as Chinchou, Lileep, Eviolite Snover, Foongus and Ferroseed. You can also send it in against a slightly weakened Mienfoo, as Hydro Pump will do at least 73% to the defensive variant (be wary of offensive variants with a little more speed, as you speed tie with them) I am using this set with Hail support and SR.
Your set will get worn down easily and be weak to scarfers though.

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Your set will get worn down easily and be weak to scarfers though.
That's why LO murkrow is really bad, amirite?
Oh wait.
A pokémon doesn't need to have mienfoo's staying power or Porygon's bulk to be effective, you know. There's something called an all-out attacker.

That's why LO murkrow is really bad, amirite?
Oh wait.
A pokémon doesn't need to have mienfoo's staying power or Porygon's bulk to be effective, you know. There's something called an all-out attacker.
Good point, but remoraid unfortunately doesn't have priority.

remoraid is hit and run. find a spot to send it in, somethings going to die. Get lucky and find another oppurtunity, it'll get another kill. there are enough things that can force it out when they get a free switch after something dies... but in that case something has to die first

remoraid is hit and run. find a spot to send it in, somethings going to die. Get lucky and find another oppurtunity, it'll get another kill. there are enough things that can force it out when they get a free switch after something dies... but in that case something has to die first
Okey dokey. But wouldn't HP grass be better than HP ground?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)