Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not completely sure if this is the right place to post, but I'm considering going for a 49+ streak in the Super Single train, but I am completely lost in terms of what to do.

This is my team that got me to around 30, but failed after that due to hax and other reasons.

1. Tyranitar @ Life Orb

Adamant, EVs: 255 Atk/255 Spd ( I get lazy with EV training)

Ability: Sand Stream

- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake

2. Excadrill @ Focus Sash

Adamant, EVs: 255 Atk/ 255 Spd

Ability: Sand Rush

- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

3. Haxorus @ Choice Scarf

Adamant, EVs: 255 Atk/ 255 Spd

Ability: Mold Breaker

- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
-

I've tried a huge number of variations to this team, with Mienshao being an LO lead, making Excadrill an LO sweeper with Terrakion being my De Dancer, everything. I'm restricted to only pokes that can be obtained in B&W, and I can't use Dream World. I believe I'm on the right track, but I have no idea how to improve. May I ask for help?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so there is no way to get it back if i remove it, right?
Baton Pass is not in Espeon's level up movepool, so even though it is in Eevee's it won't appear in the list of re-learnable moves. So once it is gone it's gone forever!

EDIT: ninja'd!

Hi. I'm new here and I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but anyway:

On a different website I have a friend who's always bragging about going to Pokemon VGC Tournaments. I battled him one day and I lost. I later asked him how he built such a good team and he later said that he uses PokeGen. Now I felt a little miffed that in a way I'd lost to hacks. So an argument ensued with him trying to prove his point about how tournament officials were none the wiser about his team
and that I was trying to say really how dishonest he'd been not only with me but other people too.

So my question to you all, is can a team of PokeGen Pokemon with legal stats (3 x 31 IVs etc) and moves be detected by tournament officials?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hi. I'm new here and I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but anyway:

On a different website I have a friend who's always bragging about going to Pokemon VGC Tournaments. I battled him one day and I lost. I later asked him how he built such a good team and he later said that he uses PokeGen. Now I felt a little miffed that in a way I'd lost to hacks. So an argument ensued with him trying to prove his point about how tournament officials were none the wiser about his team
and that I was trying to say really how dishonest he'd been not only with me but other people too.

So my question to you all, is can a team of PokeGen Pokemon with legal stats (3 x 31 IVs etc) and moves be detected by tournament officials?
As long as everything he used is within the legal limits of the game, it is possible to use hacked Pokemon in official tournaments. Obviously, things like cherish ball on non-event Pokemon will tip judges/opponents off.

Keep in mid that discussion of hacks is generally frowned upon on Smogon and it is much safer to breed or RNG Pokemon through normal means.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Will the hatch count reset if I trade an egg between games, or will it stay the same?
By Hatch count do you mean the amount of steps remaining to hatch an egg? If so then no it doesn not reset, so you can "cook" an Egg on one game, trade it over so it hatches soon after receiving it.

Where can I find a guide on RNG usage in B&W1?
You should check out the Smogon Wifi Forum. Located here: http://smogon.com/forums/forums/wi-fi.53/ There are some good RNG tutorials there and I believe #SmogonWifi can be used for questions about RNG'ing.

I'm planning to take on the super subway train as either singles or doubles on my holiday drive to the Shuswap next week and I was wondering what kind of team would go well with an amoongus? ( and yes I want to use amoongus no matter what and nobody suggest a dragon or conkeldurr)

I'm planning to take on the super subway train as either singles or doubles on my holiday drive to the Shuswap next week and I was wondering what kind of team would go well with an amoongus? ( and yes I want to use amoongus no matter what and nobody suggest a dragon or conkeldurr)
I'd probably try Rotom-W and Scizor with Amoonguss. Rotom-W has great synergy with both Scizor and Amoonguss and together with Scizor can do a Volt-turn core.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
The other option is running doubles with SD Scizor/Rage Powder Amoongus to get the most out of Amoon's defences. It'll let you set up with Scizor pretty easily. Other mons could be DDTar or SD Breloom. Amoongus is great for taking hits and annoying the foe while you set up on your side. I'd expect it to perform better in doubles than singles.

Hi I bourght a copy of Pokémon Pearl online since I couldn't find any in store but now that I've received it I'm not sure if it's a real copy or a fake. I'm beginning to think it's a fake and I was wondering if someone with another USA copy could check it for me. I've taken a front and back picture of the game, the images are bad but they should be able to give you an idea of what it looks like. All my other games were bought instore and are Australian copies so I don't have anything I can compare it with myself...

Front:

Back:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
Hi I bourght a copy of Pokémon Pearl online since I couldn't find any in store but now that I've received it I'm not sure if it's a real copy or a fake. I'm beginning to think it's a fake and I was wondering if someone with another USA copy could check it for me. I've taken a front and back picture of the game, the images are bad but they should be able to give you an idea of what it looks like. All my other games were bought instore and are Australian copies so I don't have anything I can compare it with myself...
Is there any reason you have found so far to think it is fake? The cart looks fine to me (though I haven't checked it against my US Diamond yet).. Is there stuff on the cart which seems strange?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
It's definitely different from the European cart, but that's mostly due to different labelling requirements (the ESRB mark is not on the European one). Also, the Nintendo Seal of Quality is circular, not oval, on all Nintendo products I have within arm's reach.

As for the back side, it's impossible to see anything out of the ordinary on your cart. The picture is too blurry. You should also crop them a little, you sure have a nice desk plate, but you don't have to show us all of it.

, I can'tr
Is there any reason you have found so far to think it is fake? The cart looks fine to me (though I haven't checked it against my US Diamond yet).. Is there stuff on the cart which seems strange?
Well it looked fine when I bought it but when I got it in the mail I noticed that the cart was a light grey colour instead of black like my other ds games. The cart also felt different, I can't really describe it and noticed that in some other images online that it was missing the white sections around Pokémon, as you can see in the following link. Also the bright pink part on top right hand of the cart is bigger than the one in the link.

http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=395438

Also I've bourght fake games before online without realizing it until later so I just wanted to double check.

It's definitely different from the European cart, but that's mostly due to different labelling requirements (the ESRB mark is not on the European one). Also, the Nintendo Seal of Quality is circular, not oval, on all Nintendo products I have within arm's reach.
As for the back side, it's impossible to see anything out of the ordinary on your cart. The picture is too blurry. You should also crop them a little, you sure have a nice desk plate, but you don't have to show us all of it.
It's a USA game (see the letters under the front) also I think that all Nintendo products used to have a round seal at one point, which Australia still uses but America and some other countries changed it so that it became oval shaped. Also you can tell straight away which games are European because they always have a strange CE on the front.

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands

No this isn not always the case, the carts usually have Oval seals. it also says in big type "USA" on the front, so we are obviously looking at a US copy. The oval stamp is fine for me, look here: http://www.pokedit.com/How+to+tell+if+a+Nintendo+DS+game+is+Genuine?_62.html

I'll be home in about an hour and 10 mins so I can look at my diamond game. Should be almost the same as this one.

Well it looked fine when I bought it but when I got it in the mail I noticed that the cart was a light grey colour instead of black like my other ds games. The cart also felt different, I can't really describe it and noticed that in some other images online that it was missing the white sections around Pokémon, as you can see in the following link. Also the bright pink part on top right hand of the cart is bigger than the one in the link.
I think that link is showing images of dodgy carts/boxes as opposed to the official boxes/carts. Also they (The DPPt Carts) are light grey and not Black like other DS games. Pretty confident Nintendo were still using grey carts back then for none DSi enhanced games (iirc). I think they have moved everything over to Black carts now.

^That link was just one example of images I found online. Also my copy has the following written on the back:

NTR-OO5 PAT.PEND.
A2DENOJOS

I don't know what any of that means though...

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The background is a bit more blurred on your copy and the soft glow around the text is missing. The arrangement of everything on the cart looks fine and the NTR text on the front and back match up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)