OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

When will be able to post the reqs for the Keldeo suspect test? Also, are we allowed to post our reqs individually?
There will be a thread for suspect reqs post within a few days and you can both a screenshots there. You can post there individually such OU current first then later you can edit in the OU suspect reqs. For now I think you could post in the suspect thread for safe keeping like people did for the Landorus-I test.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Something like DragMag or HO gets the job done quickly. Although they do seem to be hax magnets...

What would be the best team to ladder in the OU suspect test?
Heavy offense is the best playstle by far to get the req's for the ladder. Anything else takes waaay too much time to get the number of battles to get your rev down. I get req's on the suspec ladder and it took forever with HO. I couldn't imagine doing it with stall ;.;

I would stray away from dragmag. It can be way to predictable and susceptible to matchup.

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Heavy offense is the best playstle by far to get the req's for the ladder. Anything else takes waaay too much time to get the number of battles to get your rev down. I get req's on the suspec ladder and it took forever with HO. I couldn't imagine doing it with stall ;.;

I would stray away from dragmag. It can be way to predictable and susceptible to matchup.
My best rank on SD and Pokemon Online was done by a different stall team. It is slow... but, eccept with hax, sure...

Shafofficiel

allez tout le monde en balèze (baleze baleze)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Hello , i'm new in Smogon xD . I am a good strategist but I have a problem, I wanted to make a team around lucario in a Sand team but I do not. If SOMEBODY can help me ^ ^

Hello , i'm new in Smogon xD . I am a good strategist but I have a problem, I wanted to make a team around lucario in a Sand team but I do not. If SOMEBODY can help me ^ ^
Hop on the #mentor IRC channel and you can find a mentor like myself to help you build a team. The link is in my signature.

Shafofficiel

allez tout le monde en balèze (baleze baleze)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
yeah and the Dual Screnner it's for facilitate the movement of One of your pokemon like Espeon and Volacarona

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
what is jirachi trying to outspeed with those 20 speed EVs on it's spd set?
Adamant Breloom and Timid Magnezone. Outspeeding Breloom is important because it allows you to possibly paralyze Breloom before it puts Jirachi to sleep. Outspeeding Magnezone can be important if you want to try and Paraflinch it to death, thus keeping it from setting up on Jirachi.

Can someone please tell me if the voter identification thread for ou is up yet, and if so can someone link please.

Do you guys think weatherless stall is still a viable option nowadays? I know Rain/Sun/Sand Stall are all viable but I wanted to give weatherless another shot and hear everyone's thoughts.

Do you guys think weatherless stall is still a viable option nowadays? I know Rain/Sun/Sand Stall are all viable but I wanted to give weatherless another shot and hear everyone's thoughts.
I ran weatherless stall for almost a year in BW2 with moderate success, although recently I have added Tyranitar to that team, which makes it function much better.

IMO weatherless stall is still plenty viable, in particular weather less stall has the advantage of running more unorthodox stall cores and team styles, as when you run rain stall for example, you tend to follow into sort of a formulatic style of team building, with 3+ Pokemon being always the same. Since these teams styles are so common, people develop ways to combat them into their teams, weatherless rarely has this problem, as you have much more variety in team building.

On the note of sand stall, while weater is up, it is hard to really call sand stall teams focuses on sand, Hippowodon and Tyranitar are fine Pokemon on their own, filling many niches for a stall team, passive weather is pretty much just gravy for them.

What is the preferred EV spread and moveset for a SubPunch Abomasnow?
I have a mixed wallbreaking Abomasnow that has worked very effectively in the past. It has the sub punching combination on it along with some alternative options that may prove more effective than using a sub punching one depending on what exactly you need to counter.

Name: Abomasnow
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 108 Atk/252 Sp. Atk/148 Speed
~ Substitute/Ice Shard
~ Blizzard
~ Giga Drain
~ Focus Punch/Earthquake

Basically, the EV investment gives you the necessary power to hit many walls extremely hard from both the physical or special side while also giving you the speed to outpace every defensive pokemon in the tier up through an uninvested Heatran. If you go with sub, then focus punch should be your last move slot, but if you chose ice shard for the priority, then you will have much more success using earthquake in the last move slot. The main sell of this set is if you can get up a sub, you not only gain the ability to use focus punch, but something on your opponents team is going to have to take a massive hit to get rid of it since you get amazing coverage in the moves that you have. After stealth rocks, a ton of common walls such as any variant of Blissey, Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Skarmory, and Celebi along with some variants of Heatran cannot take a Focus Punch plus a Blizzard or some other combination of your coverage moves in order to get rid of your sub. Also it is important to note that a Ferrothorn that isn't packing Gyro ball will can fail to break your sub with a Power Whip if it is running the Smogon standard variant. Unfortunately, Tentacruel does prove to be a problem to the Focus Punching variant, but making use of the Earthquake option instead will land you an easy two hit KO since the hail will cancel out leftovers. The biggest counter to a set like this is obviously being faster than Abomasnow (which isn't hard for most sweepers to do, but this set still outspeeds the majority of defensive pokemon) and U-turning out to break the sub and switch into an appropriate counter to take whatever attack you may go for, so you should always be on the look out for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)