5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I just wanted to ask if there are anyone else who has problem calibrating their B2W2?

I've been rnging BW for quite some time succesfully but for some reason I can't find any matches for Timer 0 when calibrating my BW2.

Just checking here to see if it's a common problem, otherwise I'll keep trying. I'm using the most recent RNG Reporter and I have a japanese Black 2.

hey so i also bought the dream radar ap and got my tornadus forme today but i sent it to my game thinking i would rng it in the entree forest like a dream world pokemon from GL. So i lost my tornadus and to make things worse i cant find a giude on how to rng pokemon from the dream radar on RNG reporter so my question is if there is a way to get a mac application to work on a pc because i dont have access to a mac. im sad about tornadus :'(

I just wanted to ask if there are anyone else who has problem calibrating their B2W2?

I've been rnging BW for quite some time succesfully but for some reason I can't find any matches for Timer 0 when calibrating my BW2.

Just checking here to see if it's a common problem, otherwise I'll keep trying. I'm using the most recent RNG Reporter and I have a japanese Black 2.
I've never had this problem with my Black 2 version. The only annoying thing about calibrating for BW2 is the wider timer 0 range which means that you should calibrate at least 20 times to get your most common timer 0. However if your not getting any results in the parameter finder I would just double check that you entered everything in properly. Particularly things like the date.

hey so i also bought the dream radar ap and got my tornadus forme today but i sent it to my game thinking i would rng it in the entree forest like a dream world pokemon from GL. So i lost my tornadus and to make things worse i cant find a giude on how to rng pokemon from the dream radar on RNG reporter so my question is if there is a way to get a mac application to work on a pc because i dont have access to a mac. im sad about tornadus :'(
Look at the very first post on this page.

hey can anyone giv me a link that teaches how to rng 5th gen from an r4 card. i heard that the game will play as a diffrent console then the one its used on depending on your set up, how could i determine mine.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but if I already calibrated one copy of White 2 with my 3DS, do I need to re-calibrate if I then use a different White 2 cartridge (also in English) on the same 3DS? Will the parameters vary? Just wondering considering how much more of a pain it is to calibrate on BW2 :'D

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but if I already calibrated one copy of White 2 with my 3DS, do I need to re-calibrate if I then use a different White 2 cartridge (also in English) on the same 3DS? Will the parameters vary? Just wondering considering how much more of a pain it is to calibrate on BW2 :'D
Yes, because the Timer0's will vary.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Don't know about DSi & 3DS, only DS Lite (and original DS)...

Black 1: C7B & C7C
White 1: C7E & C7F

Black 2: 1102-1107 (more or less)
White 2: 10F2-10F7 (more or less)

I have had Keldeo, Meloetta, Deoxys and now Dialga available as gifts for quite some time now on my White 2. I would like to finally redeem them but, given this is my only chance of obtaining one of these without outside help, I would like to RNG abuse them for flawless IV spread. I have not had much luck with BW2 RNG Abuse. Could someone verify my methods are correct?

Note: I am using an English White 2 on my DSi. I am also using RNG Reporter 9.96.5 BETA and EonTimer v1.6.

a) First I calibrate my game card with my DSi in the 'DS Parameter Search.' To calibrate I use Sweet Scent in an area without NPC's in vision outside Pinwheel Forest. After 32x calibrations, I have a static GxStat and VFrame of 6 and 8 respectively. My VCount alternates between AC and AD. My timer0 ranges from 166C to 1673 for AC and ranges from 1674 to 167E for AD. I find I most commonly get a VCount of AC and a timer0 of 1671 so I am utilizing this on my profile.

b) With my profile set, I open '5th Generation Time Finder' and make sure my White 2 Profile is activated. I select a random date with a Min/Max Frame of 1-150. My method is 'Wondercard.' I select my desired IV spread and nature then hit 'Generate' to find seeds. Because I am allowing 0-2 button presses, it takes about an hour to generate approximately 2 seed results for my flawless timid Keldeo. I pick one and copy this seed.

c) In the main window I select 'Wondercard 5th Gen' as method. I paste my seed and, with 'Black/White 2' checked, I hit 'Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame.' I read somewhere online that now I am supposed to uncheck 'Black/White 2' and hit 'Generate.' Now I play a game of chance until I hit my timer0 (and thus my seed)--verified by Chatot Pitches. When I hit my timer0, I stop one Chatot Pitch short of my target frame because talking to the NPC should advance one frame.

Am I going wrong somewhere? For some reason I do not seem to be able to hit my Seed. The Chatot Pitches are always different than what is expected. I believe I got the "uncheck B/W2" before generating from a video--is this accurate? Part of me thinks I am not hitting my seed because of the 5/32 chance I have of hitting my timer0 (based on my calibration). I just want to make sure it isn't something else.

Last edited:

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Could you link to the video maybe? Because last time I checked you were supposed to check the "Bw2" box. Also, this is very important, make sure you're at a pokemon center without wandering npcs, as they can throw you off. The one at castelia city works wonders.

By steps:

a) Everything fine here, good job!

b) On the time finder set your min/max frame to 1. The IVRNG is harder to manipulate so just stick with frame 1. Also did you checked on which frame is that seed you selected? My bad, Cereza is right.

c) Don't know who was the maker of the vid BUT if you are using B/W2 games you ALWAYS choose the B/W2 box (and the Memory link one if you did it). This is to account for frames shifthing between B/W carts and B/W2 carts.

If you can, can you post a pic of the Time finder window?

Last edited:

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
b) On the time finder set your min/max frame to 1. The IVRNG is harder to manipulate so just stick with frame 1. Also did you checked on which frame is that seed you selected?
He's doing wondercard abuse, pid and ivs are linked so everything is advanced simultaneously; what he's doing is correct.

Hi

I have a problem trying to find my Parameters for RNGing on Pokemon Black english version on a SuperCard DSTWO, on a 3DS. I'm trying to find them catching Reshiram on Dragonspiral Tower, but RNG Reporter won't find me any result for my IVs, no matter how much I wide the parameters for the search. I have RNGed on all generations, Black 2 included, but somehow I can't find my parameters for this one.

I thought of using some AR codes so I could know the seed I'm hitting and put it directly on the Parameters search, but I think i don't unterstand how these codes work (IV Frame Check Code, IV MTRNG Check Code, Seed 1 (lower half) check code, Seed 2 (upper half) Check Code, etc...) They are supposed to give me my seed on my trainer card, but the numbers I get on my money and ID number don't make any sense to me as seed numbers, don't know if I'm doing something wrong or I don't understand the numbers.

Any idea? Thanks.

I've got a rather confusing problem, I'm trying to RNG a Riolu with the dream-world ability, but I've tried 4 different seeds, but not only am I not getting the ability, but 'm getting an identical Riolu every time. Which I can't explain given I've changed the date and time all 4 times, and tried each one about 2-5 times each. But every single time, it's the same one. Anyone know why this is happening, or how to fix it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)