Mergemons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magnezone now has BoltBeam, and beats every steel type in existence thanks to Earth Power and HP Fire.

Froslass is now a rapid spinning spinblocker that has access to all entry hazards, and volt switch.

Zapdos gets BoltBeam and Hurricane, and Moltrace gets the famous HurriSphere coverage, and Thunder.

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
Roserade and Alakazam get HUGE buffs in their Special movepools due to Aggrons/Rhyperior's strangely large special movepools. Roserade could run a LO or Scarf set with Leaf Storm / Ice Beam / Earth Power / Rest | Fire Blast, while Alakazam has a really fun moveset, which includes Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Thunder, and Surf. Aggron and Rhyperior don't gain anything that make them OU worthy.

Speaking of huge movepool buffs, Raikou has a HUGE buff to its movepool. It can also run Aura Sphere without having a silly nature, although an expert belt / LO set of Thunderbolt / U-Turn / Ice Beam / Flamethrower has immense coverage, and has other options such as Aura Sphere, Weather Ball (needs shitty nature if chosen, but can be used in a Rain set), Roost, Nasty Plot, Giga Drain (although it's only useful for certain things), Scald (On a Rain CM set, Scald could be amazing. CM / Scald / Thunderbolt / Substitute | Roost), Stealth Rock, Tailwind, Trick, and many more. I chose U-Turn over Volt Switch for the same reasons Thundy-T uses U-Turn over Volt Switch - isn't blockable and destroys Celebi while damaging Lati@s more than Volt Switch would, although they don't like taking an Ice Beam. Mew gains access to Weather Ball and Volt Switch, which is nice, but doesn't get much outside of that.

While not that much more threatening, Keldeo does get access to Ice Beam and Fusion Flare from Kyurem, the former being more useful than the latter (Fusion Flare only hits Celebi and gives more insurance vs Ferro. Also gives it PseudoSTAB if Sun is summoned, which is nice). Roost could be useful on a CM set, but Scarf/Specs is probably still better. It also gets Signal Beam, which is very similar to HP Bug + HP Ice but better in every way. What's important though is that Kyurem and Kyurem-W gets Calm Mind while Kyurem-B gets Close Combat and Aqua Jet. Kyu-B know has a decent movepool physically (Fusion Bolt / Close Combat / Outrage / Aqua Jet | Dragon Claw is decent enough).

Jirachi gets Dragon Dance, V-Create, Earthquake, and ExtremeSpeed. Jirachi's new toys are simply fantastic, and make it even more versatile than it was before. Is it DD? Or is it SubCM? Maybe it's Scarf? Specially Defensive is also a thing. Choice Band is semi-viable now, since unlike Victini, Jirachi isn't weak to Rocks.

Brongzong looks like a huge boost to Stall teams. Roost and Sleep Powder make Bronzong a pretty good stall mon, adding its great defenses and levitate. If you wanted to be silly, you could run a bulky QD set, which is better than the CM set it could run before.

I wonder how Carnivine could do. It has Shell Smash now, but it's speed is a low 46. Still, it's movepool is decent enough, both physically and specially. It's probably outclassed by another Shell Smasher or sweeper though, but this could be its chance to be somewhat useful.

Aerodactyl gets U-Turn and Spikes, which is pretty nice. Spikes probably won't see much play on Aero sadly, except maybe in HO teams. U-Turn, however, is really nice for scouting purposes. It also gets Encore if I'm not mistaken, which is really cool. As a silly option, it can use Guard Swap, although this is probably gimmicky at best.

Shuckle gets Leech Seed. Don't fuckle with the Shuckle.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Im still surprised nobody has mentioned perish-song wob which should be banned as is can perish song, wish, then protect and switch out.
Volbeat now looks intresting

Volbeat@ leftovers/mental herb/whatever
Prankster
252 hp 252 spdef
-sleep powder
-tail glow
-baton pass
-Substitute/weather

This can easily set up with prankster and can send a plus 3 special attack to anyone also, if they stay in trying to wake up you can pass a sub or even plus 6. It would be great on baton pass teams since a lot more now learn the move. Also, it can be deadly giving it to a weather sweeper with swift swim/ rain dance.

Also other things, quiver dance venusaur, close combat and fire punch sawsbuck, sun is now much more viable (swords dance eggy as well)

If its in lower tiers you could try swords dance, sucker punch, simple bibarel.

Im still surprised nobody has mentioned perish-song wob which should be banned as is can perish song, wish, then protect and switch out.
Volbeat now looks intresting

Volbeat@ leftovers/mental herb/whatever
Prankster
252 hp 252 spdef
-sleep powder
-tail glow
-baton pass
-Substitute/weather

This can easily set up with prankster and can send a plus 3 special attack to anyone also, if they stay in trying to wake up you can pass a sub or even plus 6. It would be great on baton pass teams since a lot more now learn the move. Also, it can be deadly giving it to a weather sweeper with swift swim/ rain dance.

Also other things, quiver dance venusaur, close combat and fire punch sawsbuck, sun is now much more viable (swords dance eggy as well)

If its in lower tiers you could try swords dance, sucker punch, simple bibarel.
Wobb was mentioned several times and twice it was mentioned that Perish Song is super broken...
Also, Volbeat could run Wide Lens to make use of its new move

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Or just write a script that prevents Slowking (and only Slowking) from having more than one move it doesn't naturally learn?
It's not as easy as that. You would have to use the oversketch handler in the tools.js file. Alternate option: Include Sketch for an event for Slowking, in addition to all the moves that Slowpoke could learn via event, so no conflicts arise. It's a bit late for this, but I just wanted to bring it up.
Before I forget... there is an "issue" present in both this and my meta (in the works). Slowking will learn all moves that Slowpoke will learn, via the mechanics of the sim. Hopefully this isn't a problem.

Last edited:
You said that its similar to regular OU, but in your pairing list, you had ubers, would all ubers be brought down or only some?
I can see kingler becoming more relevant in this OM, because it gets waterfall with sheer force.
Also was there any specific way that you paired these mons?
It was ABC order, and the ubers won't be brought down until further notice.

Mew gains access to Weather Ball and Volt Switch, which is nice, but doesn't get much outside of that.
Mew already got Volt Switch.

Also, Wish/Protect/Heal Bell/Perish Song Wobbuffet may equal ban at first sight. What do you guys think? Should Wobb lose the merged moves? Should it stay? Should it be banned altogether?

Arcticblast edit: Please don't triple post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not just make the current list based on evolutionary lines rather than only the fully evolved form?
Like how Keldeo/Kyurem applies to all forms of Kyurem; Blissey/Bouffalant can apply to Chansey as well.

You skipped Illumise btw, redoing the list to include it would unbreak Wobb. It isn't nearly as threatening with Wormadam's moveset.

I just revised the OP to put Illumise in. Old threats are gone, but new threats have emerged.
Wobbuffet/Wormadam - No thanks on the Perish Song. Wobb gets nerfed.
Volcarona/Volbeat - Tail Glow on Volcarona. Holy cow.

Post more threats, sets, and even teams!

Riolu now gets priority confusion, priority earthquake, and reliable priority recovery.

Sableye now gets priority spikes, toxic spikes, sleep, and leech seed.

Liepard gets priority confusion, recovery, paralysis, and sleep.

Whimsicott now gets priority Destiny Bond and Grudge.

Riolu now gets priority confusion, priority earthquake, and reliable priority recovery.
Earthquake is not priority, and I doubt it will find any use for recovery.

Time to do what any respectable pokemon player would do. LOOK UP THEIR FAVORITES. Lesse...
Empoleon gets roost and Thunderwave? FINALLY. Decent recovery and status on a pokemon with already excellent typing. Too bad it doesn't get Motor Drive as well.
Rotom-H with flamethrower, dark pulse, focus blast, grass knot, and nasty plot. Not bad.
Crobat gains swords dance, making it able to actually pull a good offensive roll. (Or dragon dance if you feel the need for a bulky build.)

Earthquake is not priority, and I doubt it will find any use for recovery.)
True, but Prankster Nature Power might as well be priority Earthquake because Nature Power is affected by prankster and turns into Earthquake.

I doubt Riolu will find use for recovery, but I was just stating all usable status moves those prankster pokemon got.

Roserade and Alakazam get HUGE buffs in their Special movepools due to Aggrons/Rhyperior's strangely large special movepools. Roserade could run a LO or Scarf set with Leaf Storm / Ice Beam / Earth Power / Rest | Fire Blast, while Alakazam has a really fun moveset, which includes Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Thunder, and Surf.
Make that REUNICLUS with Rhyperior. Your mind just exploded.

I looked up my faves as well.

Azumarill doesn't get that much coverage from Audino. It does gain Drain Punch, Fire Punch, and Wild Charge though. The third could see anti-Jellicent use on Banded sets. However, it gets the Belly Drum/Aqua Jet combo now, which will hit like a truck! Can't wait to try it out in rain. It also gets Heal Bell... nah. Maybe Trick Room or T-wave could work?

Breloom gets Brave Bird/Acrobatics and U-turn. The latter I could really see being put to use instead of Swords Dance on his standard set. The former is just more coverage.

Cacturne gets EdgeQuake, Flame Charge and Rock Polish, as well as Stealth Rock, Earth Power, Fire Blast, and Eruption. Very interesting...

Abomasnow gets Megahorn, Night Slash,Zen Headbutt, Sucker Punch AND Stone Edge from Absol, making it much better than before

Hydreigon gets Nasty Plot and Calm Mind from Hypno, look out. Sun also gets a little boost with Ninetales getting U-Turn, Roost and Baton Pass from Ninjask.

cool idea, I like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)