The Underdogs (Weatherless)

Should I add a grass type move?

• Total voters

anttyaalt

Banned deucer.

Overall strategy and play style of this team
If your looking for a fast, hard hitting team then this is the team for you! I have heard many people saying that HO (Hyper offense) teams don't work and your right, they don't. Scarf Brave Bird from an Adamant Staraptor using Brave Bird does (52.69 - 62.24%) to max defense Cloyster! (Guaranteed 2 hit KO) Imagine if you had some spikes and hazards up. Instant KO to the most bulkiest Pokemon in the OU metagame! Even if Star didn't didn't KO Dragonite will be right beside it Extremespeeding it to death. So most of these are fast and powerful. But Breloom used to be a big problem to my team because of +2 priority making speed useless. But I found the answer to that: Dragonite. Dragonite is a massive tank with 91/95/100 defenses not bad, but further boosted with Multiscale if rocks isn't on. (Which is almost always is...) Dragonite resists both of Breloom's STAB moves (30.25 - 35.71) for non mulitscale Dragonite. Nothing right? Lets not even get started at a +2 4x resist bullet seed.

(Sorry for the weird team building process sprites. They just won't cooperate ^^')

Introduction

Hi everyone and thanks for taking the time to click this and read it! I can't say that I have been battling since Red and Blue but I started playing with Emerald, I quickly got addicted to it and (sadly) discovered competitive battling around 6 months ago. So here I am with a team that has been improved battle over battle over battle. But I still don't trust myself completely so I'm hoping that you people can help me be the very best like no one ever was! I also try to be as unique as possible so you won’t see Smogon sets. (They might be similar though)

Team-Building Process

It all started with one Pokemon, Jolteon. Not because of its stats and stuff but because the design was just freaking awesome.

Then I added Lucario the Aura Pokemon. The reason I did that was because I remembered how awesome Cynthia’s Lucario was and said that I had to have it. I debated over Infernape but I wanted the +2 priority and coverage moves.

BAM! It struck me I needed a dragon type pokemon! I was debating over some choices and I finally settled on Scarf Outrage Garchomp (Soon replaced with Scarf Outrage Kyruem-B) and Dragonite. Since most of my team are fast hard hitters I wanted something that would be bulky but strong at the same time. Grr stealth rocks....

I was never a fan of setting up (They normally die in the process like my dragon dance salamence *sheds a tear*) but I wanted to try one just for fun, so I added something bulky but with potential too so cloyster it was! I knew how brutal shell smash can be and it has been a lot more successful than my gengar.

Here was the time I was thinking about my choices. Maybe another attacker? A spinner? Or something that sets up? Attacker would be nice but most of the sweepers are frail and can’t one-hit KO, so no to that. Spinner? Starmie worked out well with rapid spin but it was way to.... overused and frail. (At least my battles were) I wanted something that would surprise my opponents and a spinner won’t help much so I finally decided on a Pokemon that sets up rocks and spikes. I finally sealed the deal when I found out how much damage full spikes and rocks can do to Volcarana! An amazing 75%! Then came the process of finding one. I wanted something bulky and maybe sturdy. Foretress has a devastating 4x weakness to fire same with Ferrothorn. (But a protect leech seed rocks and spikes worked out well in a rain team.)
So I decided on Skarmory. It was the perfect thing for my team. Sturdy, Rocks and Spikes (Immunity to ground), Whirlwind Taunt Roost etc. and a massive 140 defense!

In Detail Now!
(Skarmory will almost always go first with the exception of a magic bounce Espeon.)

*Glare* (Skarmory) @ Quick Claw
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def -Att)
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
I’m so sorry Skarmory... I don’t have anything against you but you are still going to be my suicide lead.
As you can see this Pokemon has absolutely no attacking moves making it prone to taunt, magic bounce and magic coat. People often say that quick claw is useless because of its 20% chance of happening. But it’s amusing to see a Spore/Substitute/Focus punch/Mach Punch rage when it does indeed activate and I’m able to use taunt.

Spikes and Stealth Rock are simple, set as much as you can before you die. Because of sturdy Skarmory has an almost 100% chance of setting up stealth rock and spikes. (Burn, Priority)

Whirlwind makes it clear that you can NOT I repeat NOT set up on the amazing Skarmory. The last thing the Pokemon see’s is the scary glare before it gets whipped away by the massive winds.

Taunt... hah. Since ferrothorn is so common these days I try to have a counter for it. Taunt renders ferrothorn useless. Even if it dare attacks Skarmory resists both of its STABs. The opponent will have no choice but to switch out while I whirlwind or set up more.

Tiny Wings (Dragonite) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Careful Nature (+Sp Def -Sp Att)
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
I call this AnitSteel Knight because all of its move makes sure that no steel types can switch and survive. So AntiKnight is very counterable to today's steel metagame, Heatran, Ferrothorn, and tons of others (Skarmory is the only with a problem, roosting the damage from fire punch). Heatran is no problem as earthquake does 4x damage to it. Causing it to be one-hit KOed (even without rocks or spikes up.) Ferrothorn thinks it can switch in easily just because of Outrage. Fire punch is always a guaranteed 2 hit KO. If there is enough entry support an Extremespeed can take it out.

Outrage is self-explanatory. Sometimes I only use one move (Ex Earthquake) so they think I’m choiced. So they send a flying type or electric. (Anything that resists) Most flying/elec types are frail and absolutely will not appreciate an outrage to the face.

Extremespeed is great, because of that I invest no speed at all making Dragonite a bulky attacker. (Though rocks ruins it.) ES takes a chunk out of most Pokemon, like Jolteon and Alakazam. Both will be KOed in 2 moves since everytime it hits it does 60-80% damage. If rocks isn’t up multiscale saves Dragonite from the hidden power ice and lives to tell the tale!

*Poke* (Lucario) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Drain Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
- Ice Punch
- Blaze Kick
I personally don’t like the recoil from life orb so I found a substitute that’s almost as great... The Expert Belt! Expert Belt grants an extra 20% damage, and since this Lucario tries to survive as long as possible it has Drain Punch. Drain Punch +20% boost = 90 then adding STAB bonus is 135 base power. Also instead of your defense stats being lowered you gain back half of the damage dealt. (Note how this is stronger than Staraptor's Close Combat.)

Priority is great!~ ES bypasses every single priority move making it the god priority of moves. It’s also great for revenge killing those sashers.

Ice punch is for the abundant dragon types, It kills of salamence everywhere. Haxorus... Landorus (If it weirdly outspeeds of course.) Basically doing hefty amounts of damage to Pokemon with a weakness to ice types.

Ahhh the unknown Blaze Kick... It’s great seeing Ferrothorn switch out to Gengar and Gengar being KOed right after... (Spikes up) Blaze Kick has a 10% of burn and an increased crit making it an improved stone edge. By sacrificing 15 base power you get improved Accuracy, and side effects. This also lures in things that Lucario would be KOed by giving the Aura Pokemon a chance to cripple the Pokemon sent in.

OR

DAT HAIRCUT THO (Staraptor) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge
- U-turn

This is your everyday Staraptor set. It's point is to get in and KO as much Pokemon before it faints since most of these moves are kind of suicidal. I know that Scarf doesn't one hit KO at full health but with hazards it will making it unstoppable.

Brave Bird is your super OP suicide move. Pure power for a "measly" 33% recoil. So if there's no rocks up on my side Star can KO 4 of the opponents team. (Which is a lot)

Close Combat is a coverage move I guess since there isn't alot of other choices for a scarf. Staraptor's are frail in general so a -1 defense isn't going to really matter and since its still strong and hits most Pokemon neutral it's great.

Fine... I admit it... I didn't know what else to put... To be honest I haven't used Double Edge at all during my whole battling career. But It'll be useful since I can't KO a Jolteon at full health using brave bird... (96% See? That's why you need rocks and stuff.)

Hair Gel Ad (Jolteon) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
My favorite of the Eeveelutions has made it onto this team. As the fastest Pokemon in OU this little thing has a chance to sweep with the life orb boost to all of its attacks. Shadow Ball and Signal Beam are normally unseen. But the more mysterious the more dangerous this is. Celebi is seen occasionally and when it switches in to take the Thunderbolt it’s going to take a Signal Beam in the face. (4x Weakness baby!)

Thunderbolt is super obvious. It’s the infinitely better choice than the 70% accuracy Thunder. (Unless if you're on a rain team of course.) STAB + 95 Base Damage +20% = Hurt. I choose Timid instead of the default Jolly because it just outspeeds most unboosted pokemon and Timid lets it hit much harder. (Sometimes 110 base Sp Att just isn’t enough.)

Shadow Ball isn’t what you normally see in your average Jolteon but then again my team isn’t normal. Shadow Ball hits psychic and ghost types harder than Signal Beam. The Sp Def boost is great if you’re facing a Calm Minder. (Reniculus)

Signal Beam exists for 2 sole reasons,
1. I don’t have anything else. (Lolwat)
2. It hits Celebi 4x hard.
Ha those Celebi can think that they can switch in thinking they will scare my Jolteon away think again. In fact this is what I hope for because I want to see their rage when it dies to a 4x effective attack~

Hidden Power Ice is overused because of the Boltbeam combo but this does its purpose. Hp Ice will kill a +1 Speed Dragonite in one hit. (No Multiscale) Also I lure in Landorus and Gliscor when they think its choiced. Then they get a HP ice in the face instantly one hit KOing them.

Just leave... (Cloyster) @ White Herb
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash
- Explosion/Razor Shell
- Rock Blast
Yes.. this is my fellow test subject. It has been so successful (Sometimes) that I changed the name that encourages the opponent the best move they can make- Forfeiting. (Of course that can also be my plea....)

Icicle Spear is Cloyster’s preferred attacking move, because it hits 5 times it means that there can be a max of 5 crits. When you add stab it’s even stronger. The 100% accuracy is an added bonus!

Shell Smash is the boosting move. It boosts Cloyster’s Attack, Sp Attack and Speed by 2 stages. But in return it loses 1 stage of defense and Sp Defense. This will be cured by the White Herb.

Rock Blast is a coverage move, and since it’s a multi hit move it will always hit 5 times. (The downside is that it has a 90% accuracy.) It hits fire types and rock hits most pokemon at least neutral.

Explosion... Hah The troll move. But +2 Adamant Explosion isn’t something to laugh about. It does MASSIVE damage to anything that doesn’t resist it. Since it’s a normal move only rock types are resisted to this move. (And ghost types grr)

Razor Shell is a coverage STAB move. I’ll use this move only if I need some more coverage or If I want to be 100% safe.

Game Over
(Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Shadow Claw/Stone Edge
I felt like I really needed something that is a pure powerhouse and this exceeds my expectations. 170 base attack is even stronger than Rayquaza and Rayquaza is known as a “devastating Pokemon” Outrage + STAB will One Hit KO almost everything with entry hazards making it a pure sweeper. The scarf patches up its average speed luring in non scarves that will soon be obliterated.

Fusion Bolt is Kyurem-B’s signature electric move. Common pokemon like Starmie will waltz in to be killed by this bolt of lightning. It also has perfect accuracy making it reliable in times where I want a powerful move that won’t miss.

Ice beam is coverage for physically bulky Pokemon like Gliscor who’ll laugh at Kyurem's Outrage. Ice beam also gets STAB because of Kyurem’s typing of Dragon/Ice.

Lastly... Shadow Claw. Since I’m running a choice set the default Roost will be useless so I searched its embarrassingly weak movepool to find Shadow claw. Although Gengar will be KOed by Outrage and Jellicent will be KOed by Fusion Bolt I just wanted something that was usable.

I’m not a fan of moves that have a chance of missing but Kyurem's movepool was so bad that I had to add that on. But the power and typing isn’t that bad and It hits stuff pretty hard so Stone Edge is an option.

Or you can use hidden power fire, since Kyurem has a decent special attack it will kill any Ferrothorns attempting to switch in. This works even better if you are using a sun team.

Threat List
I don’t have everything at the moment right now but If you would tell me some it would be great! ^-^
Threat - Counters what

Magic Bounce Espeon - Skarmory
Trick Room - Everything except Dragonite and Lucario (Cloyster if it sets up.)
Ferrothorn - Kyurem-B, Jolteon
Jellicent - Lucario, Dragonite, Kyurem, Cloyster
Rotom-W (Wil-o-wisp) - All physical attackers.
Blissey - Jolteon
Calm Mind Latias - Jolteon
Conkeldurr - Dragonite, Kyurem, Lucario
Mach Punch - Cloyster, Kyurem, Lucario
Bullet Punch - Cloyster Kyurem
Jirachi (Only if it flinches every time...) - Everything -.-
Infernape - Lucario, Jolteon (Maybe)
Kelado - Dragonite, Kyurem
Hippowdon - Kyurem, Dragonite, Lucario, Cloyster (Before it sets up)
Taunt - Cloyster, Skarmory
Stealth Rocks - Dragonite, Kyurem, Cloyster
Spikes, Everything except Dragonite, Skarmory
Spore Breloom - Everything except Skarmory (Quick Claw Taunt)
Donphan - Physical Attackers
Gastrodon - Everything T^T
Rhyperior - Everything T^T
Hydration Vaporeon with rest - Lucario, Dragonite

Final Words
Well this took a time to type! I welcome anyone who wants to add some movesets or Pokemon in their team. It makes me feel honored that someone likes it! I notice that I really need some grass moves but I can’t find room for it. I could use grass knot thundurus-T but I really like Jolteon’s speed so I don’t think I’ll change that. This definitely has its flaws but It has won me many tournaments, swept and overall I will always be proud of this team.

Here’s the whole thing! (Now that I know the fancy commands I can hide it.)

I welcome all criticism, compliments and suggestions!
Thanks again for reading this
!

Some strats, still finding more!

Jolteon and Staraptor,

This is mostly for destroying non scarfed Latios's.

1. Send out scarfed Staraptor, outspeed and U-turn outta there into Jolteon where your opponent uses thunderbolt. (Jolteon's volt absorbs it.) Proceed killing by using Shadow Ball. (58.6 - 69.86%) U-turn does (57.61 - 68.21%) or you can just use Brave Bird and be done with it. (88.41 - 104.3%) (Lets not forget rocks!)

Jolteon and Skarmory

Same as Staraptor, switch out into Jolt as your opponent uses an electric type move.

(I didn't draw any of these photos so I don't own any of them. All of them look great though!
There might be some grammar/mistakes I'll change them as soon as possible.)

Heh (Skarmory) @ Quick Claw
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

HairGel Abuser (Jolteon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Please Leave.. (Cloyster) @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Razor Shell
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash

Tiny Wings (Dragonite) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Outrage

Dem Hairdo (Staraptor) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge
- U-turn

Game Changer :'3 (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Last edited:
Hey there. Ill look for the threats to your team later but i'd like to make some changes to your pokes moves/items.
Dragonite: I suggest to switch Careful nature to a Adamant natured one. Also, Instead of Earthquake, you could put Dragon Dance instead. With Multiscale, He should be able to get at least one DD up.
Lucario: For the EVS, I suggest to do 252 atk / 252 speed / 4 hp instead. For the moveset, Close combat is more better then Drain punch and Sword dance> Blaze kick. Finally Life orb> Expert belt because lucario would still want that extra attack boost. and Ice punch> Blaze kick so it could actually hurt Dragon types gliscor, landorus, Etc.
Skarmory: Your team is really offensive to i suggest that you try the Custab berry set With the moves Taunt/Stealth rocks/Bravebird/Spikes. Then i suggest you do one with a jolly nature with the EV spread: 252 atk / 252 speed / 4 Def. You wouldn't want any bulk because you want to make sure that the first special hit takes you down into custab berry range.
Jolteon: The first thing you should do is switch signal beam for volt switch. Jolteon's main job is volt switch and get as much damage as possible. And now i suggest you switch Expert belt with Either choice specs/Life orb.
Cloyster: 252 def is really not neccessary if your using shell smash. 252 atk / 252 speed / 4 hp would be more better. Just switch Explosion with rock blast and your good to go.
Kyurem-B: Your kyurem Black seems to great to me but i suggest you switch stone edge with Dragon claw since it could still 2HKO pokes with it. Hope i helped^^

Scotti

we back.
Hey Anttya, your Dragonite set is okay, but the EV spread is kinda wierd. I just decided this set might be of more use. Its has the same moves, but the item and Ev Spread is different. Here is the Set:

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Superpower / Earthquake
- Waterfall / Fire Punch

This would be a great set allowing you to hit steel and do a alot of damage to other pokemon as well. I hope this could be of help to your team.

If Skarmory is indeed your suicide lead, a Cutsap Berry outclasses Quick Claw all the way. You say that it's amusing when it DOES activate, but in most cases it won't. What will you do then? It'll just be a wasted itemslot. Cutsap Berry is much better because after you get down to Sturdy, you get an extra layer of Spikes up (which can make or break the game). Also, you should run max speed on Skarm to get more hazards up. Brave Bird > Taunt because just because you can taunt the Ferrothorn, what can you do after that? Plus, Lucario takes care of it.

I would turn your Dragonite into a Choice Band set or a Dragon Dance set, because there's no point of running an all out attacker set unless you're choice banded. Close Combat on Lucario all day, everyday. Lucario is FRAIL. There's no point of running Drain Punch when many attacks already OHKO it. Expert Belt also only works when it's super effective. Life Orb Recoil doesn't really matter too. I would also replace Blaze Kick with Swords Dance, because it adds very minimal coverage to Lucario.

Signal Beam has become sort of standard on Jolteon, so not really a surprise. I would run Volt Switch over Shadow Ball because Signal Beam already gives the coverage against Psychic types. Choice Specs is WAY better than Expert Belt because of the huge boost it gives, and Jolteon never runs Choice Scarf anyways.

I'll write more later since I have to go.

anttyaalt

Banned deucer.
If Skarmory is indeed your suicide lead, a Cutsap Berry outclasses Quick Claw all the way. You say that it's amusing when it DOES activate, but in most cases it won't. What will you do then? It'll just be a wasted itemslot. Cutsap Berry is much better because after you get down to Sturdy, you get an extra layer of Spikes up (which can make or break the game). Also, you should run max speed on Skarm to get more hazards up. Brave Bird > Taunt because just because you can taunt the Ferrothorn, what can you do after that? Plus, Lucario takes care of it.

I would turn your Dragonite into a Choice Band set or a Dragon Dance set, because there's no point of running an all out attacker set unless you're choice banded. Close Combat on Lucario all day, everyday. Lucario is FRAIL. There's no point of running Drain Punch when many attacks already OHKO it. Expert Belt also only works when it's super effective. Life Orb Recoil doesn't really matter too. I would also replace Blaze Kick with Swords Dance, because it adds very minimal coverage to Lucario.

Signal Beam has become sort of standard on Jolteon, so not really a surprise. I would run Volt Switch over Shadow Ball because Signal Beam already gives the coverage against Psychic types. Choice Specs is WAY better than Expert Belt because of the huge boost it gives, and Jolteon never runs Choice Scarf anyways.

I'll write more later since I have to go.
Thanks for the tips!
I'm seriously debating over the Dragon dance because of you people <3 Thanks a lot~ I plan on keeping Quick Claw because it activates at least 3 times in a 5 turn period. It also gives me a 30% chance of countering Spore Breloom. If you taunt Ferrothorn it will always switch out because its two STABS are resisted by Skarm giving me a chance to put more hazards up.
But If I put Dd Dragonite I'll either have to put a spinner or use Dragonite as my lead. I could put Rapid Spin on Cloyster but it would mean taking away Razor Shell (A coverage move for Heatran)
I want to keep Blaze Kick because it hits most hazard setters 4x times supper effectively. This is important because the lest hazards the better. Foretress after a Blaze Kicks health is low enough so a Extreme Speed will take it out. It also lures in Gengar who thinks I'll be using Drain or Close Combat when I'm really using BK.
I'm thinking about Volt Switch but my team is a sweeping team after hazard damage and Hazards normally rack up when I try to stall so Volt Switch might not be for me. (Only if Jolteon learns grass type moves...)

anttyaalt

Banned deucer.
Hey there. Ill look for the threats to your team later but i'd like to make some changes to your pokes moves/items.
Dragonite: I suggest to switch Careful nature to a Adamant natured one. Also, Instead of Earthquake, you could put Dragon Dance instead. With Multiscale, He should be able to get at least one DD up.
Lucario: For the EVS, I suggest to do 252 atk / 252 speed / 4 hp instead. For the moveset, Close combat is more better then Drain punch and Sword dance> Blaze kick. Finally Life orb> Expert belt because lucario would still want that extra attack boost. and Ice punch> Blaze kick so it could actually hurt Dragon types gliscor, landorus, Etc.
Skarmory: Your team is really offensive to i suggest that you try the Custab berry set With the moves Taunt/Stealth rocks/Bravebird/Spikes. Then i suggest you do one with a jolly nature with the EV spread: 252 atk / 252 speed / 4 Def. You wouldn't want any bulk because you want to make sure that the first special hit takes you down into custab berry range.
Jolteon: The first thing you should do is switch signal beam for volt switch. Jolteon's main job is volt switch and get as much damage as possible. And now i suggest you switch Expert belt with Either choice specs/Life orb.
Cloyster: 252 def is really not neccessary if your using shell smash. 252 atk / 252 speed / 4 hp would be more better. Just switch Explosion with rock blast and your good to go.
Kyurem-B: Your kyurem Black seems to great to me but i suggest you switch stone edge with Dragon claw since it could still 2HKO pokes with it. Hope i helped^^
Thanks for the help! One of Dragonite's flaws is its base 80 speed so it'll be outrun by almost everything. I put investment into HP because it can sponge the first hit then hit back HARD. DD is a great idea but I really don't know what moves to replace... but as you know my team is revolved around todays greatest threats like Bullet/Mach Punch Scizor and Heatran. Because of Dragonites dragon typing it'll lure these Pokemon in to be KOed.
I tested Lucario with your EV spread and I'm pleased to say that it worked out great! Thanks to you my Lucario's even more dangerous than ever :) I added life orb and Close Combat but not Swords Dance. Blaze Kick is reserved for Ferro and Scizor!
Skarmory's supposed to be bulky because most people start with a physical attacker, hazard, or a Pokemon that sets up. Skarmory can counter them all. (Unless if it's a Banded Stab) After setting up it'll phaze with whirlwind. (Surprisingly I've won againts a team with only Skarmory :P) I invested some Speed EV's to outspeed other Skarmory but I think that quick claw works out better in the long run.
I'll try Life Orb for Jolteon, but since I don't have a spinner entry hazards rack up on my side so I can't switch out that often. Signal Beam's decent until I can find a better move. Hopefully Gamefreak will add grass knot or something <3 Screw those Gastradons. :D
I think Speed doesn't matter too much because after one Shell Smash it outspeeds Jolly Jolteon - the fastest Pokemon in the OU teir. People will need to rely on priority moves to kill Cloyster but the defense EV's will prevent it from dying from the first mach punch. I decided to put Razor Shell on for more coverage :)
Kyurem-B is the game changer, I need all the power and coverage it can get so it can sweep through unprepared teams. Kyurem dies way to quick from priority so I think I'll keep Stone Edge. (I tried it out and never found myself using it.) As I said before Hazards rack up and losing 25% from rocks every time I switch in is never a good thing.

Thanks a lot for your advice and help! Especially the Lucario part :)

anttyaalt

Banned deucer.
I really want to change Lucario out because most of the time it gets outsped then gets KOed by an earthquake or mach punch so I'm thinking of changing it to a Staraptor. But there are some downsides to it like how lucario is my only steel type. Without it I'll be forced to sacrifice some Pokemon to a Scarfed Garchomps Outrage. I have a Staraptor on my Mono team and I know the destruction it causes but I don't know either to use a scarf adamant reckless one or a band jolly reckless. Since my overall stratagy is to set up hazards then proceed to sweeping so I'll most likely use a scarf. But I'll be glad if I got some suggestions :)

First off I'm going to say I like the nicknames you gave to your Pokémon. They add some fun to the team, and Pokémon's all about fun.

Your team has 3 Stealth Rock-weak Pokémon, one being your Choice Scarf user who is going to switch around a lot, so a Rapid Spin user would be worth investing in. My first suggestion would be to replace Jolteon (yes, he's your favorite, but sometimes you just gotta make sacrifices 9_9) with Starmie. Starmie is powerful, fast, and can usually remove every spinblocker, so it would be a decent choice for your team.

IDK about Staraptor, it's a dangerous Choice user but honestly it shares too many type weaknesses with the rest of the team as it is right now. It doesn't have that much offensive synergy with the team either. As Stonealchemist said, the main problem with Lucario is that it isn't running Swords Dance, which is by far its most deadly set. While the extra recovery from Drain Punch is nice, it's almost fifty points weaker than CC, and with CC the defense drops don't really matter because since Lucario's defenses are garbage the only hits it should take are resisted hits when it sets up. Having said that, LO scores so many more KOes than Expert Belt, such as a OHKO on Salamence at +2 after SR with ExtremeSpeed, so that would be the preferred item by a long way. The jackal is not affected by passive damage nearly as much as most thanks to its ultra-resist to Stealth Rock and immunity to poison and sandstorm, so LO's recoil isn't a big issue in this case. I think you'll like it better because it can switch so easily into moves that the other team members attract due to its Steel typing. Bullet Punch is better than Blaze Kick because it isn't affected by rain, has priority, and kills Gengar anyway.

Even though it used to be on the Smogon analyses, White Herb is not a good item for Cloyster, since it doesn't help it sweep at all. King's Rock is a much better item due to the sheer flinchhax: 40% every time it uses a Skill Link-affected move! This is sure to irritate your opponents to victory. On the other hand, if you don't like depending on luck NeverMeltIce is a usable option to boost the power of Ice Shard; Focus Sash can also help you set up in a pinch, although it's typically inferior to the other options.

Finally, although this is a small note Dragon Claw is going to be much more useful than Shadow Claw will ever be because it gives you basically a weaker Outrage without getting locked in. Hope I helped!

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt / Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:

anttyaalt

Banned deucer.
First off I'm going to say I like the nicknames you gave to your Pokémon. They add some fun to the team, and Pokémon's all about fun.

Your team has 3 Stealth Rock-weak Pokémon, one being your Choice Scarf user who is going to switch around a lot, so a Rapid Spin user would be worth investing in. My first suggestion would be to replace Jolteon (yes, he's your favorite, but sometimes you just gotta make sacrifices 9_9) with Starmie. Starmie is powerful, fast, and can usually remove every spinblocker, so it would be a decent choice for your team.

IDK about Staraptor, it's a dangerous Choice user but honestly it shares too many type weaknesses with the rest of the team as it is right now. It doesn't have that much offensive synergy with the team either. As Stonealchemist said, the main problem with Lucario is that it isn't running Swords Dance, which is by far its most deadly set. While the extra recovery from Drain Punch is nice, it's almost fifty points weaker than CC, and with CC the defense drops don't really matter because since Lucario's defenses are garbage the only hits it should take are resisted hits when it sets up. Having said that, LO scores so many more KOes than Expert Belt, such as a OHKO on Salamence at +2 after SR with ExtremeSpeed, so that would be the preferred item by a long way. The jackal is not affected by passive damage nearly as much as most thanks to its ultra-resist to Stealth Rock and immunity to poison and sandstorm, so LO's recoil isn't a big issue in this case. I think you'll like it better because it can switch so easily into moves that the other team members attract due to its Steel typing. Bullet Punch is better than Blaze Kick because it isn't affected by rain, has priority, and kills Gengar anyway.

Even though it used to be on the Smogon analyses, White Herb is not a good item for Cloyster, since it doesn't help it sweep at all. King's Rock is a much better item due to the sheer flinchhax: 40% every time it uses a Skill Link-affected move! This is sure to irritate your opponents to victory. On the other hand, if you don't like depending on luck NeverMeltIce is a usable option to boost the power of Ice Shard; Focus Sash can also help you set up in a pinch, although it's typically inferior to the other options.

Finally, although this is a small note Dragon Claw is going to be much more useful than Shadow Claw will ever be because it gives you basically a weaker Outrage without getting locked in. Hope I helped!

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt / Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
"You should never underestimate Staraptor and its hairdo" is something that I tend to say alot. Yes, It has a crippling SR weakness but as I said most of its moves are suicidal anyways. Brave Bird will OHKO everything that doesn't resist as long it has some rocks and spikes. U-Turn also takes out magic bounce Espeon. But I agree that CC is a better option than drain punch since you don't see many Blisseys around here but Staraptor has scored many more KOs than Lucario.
I will try that set with the Starmie and replace Jolteon for the time being but if it doesn't work I'll bring it back. But I'm still optimistic that it'll work great ^^
The reason why I have white herb for Cloyster is to protect it from priority. Mach Punch from Scizor does around 20% but with no def drops and since there are no special priority moves (Yet) Cloyster will have a much better chance at sweeping. (+2 Cloyster outspeeds Jolly Jolteon)
I like Dragon Claw but having 2 types of attacks annoys me for some reason so I'll stick with Stone Edge/Shadow Claw ^^
Thanks for helping! :)

You're welcome. If Staraptor is working for you, great, but then the team has a tad too many Electric weaknesses, which is particularly obvious against FB Thundurus-T. If you like Starmie, try keeping Jolteon (or replace it with Thundy since Jolty's a little weak, your choice) and getting rid of another Pokémon, maybe Cloyster? Kyurem-B has a tiny movepool, and getting locked into Outrage can be very inconvenient, so Dragon Claw is still the better option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)