Kingler12345: 0
atomicllamas: 2
The Quasar: 0
Celever: 0
Swamp-Rocket: 3
Kenny: 4
Dcae: 1
yay i can trust you guys woohoo
The winner is Molk's offensive tank Steelix!
The next Pokemon is...

Slowking

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
What's not on the analysis? Jeez?

Oh I know! Reserving Band Slowking!!!

Edit: Nope not at all, I'm still thinking... I think scarf might be better actually...

What's not on the analysis? Jeez?

Oh I know! Reserving Band Slowking!!!

Edit: Nope not at all, I'm still thinking... I think scarf might be better actually...
Want to get infracted again? Wut.
Reserving specs king
EDIT- Oops, that's on the analysis. Reserving LO slowking.

Slowking@Life orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs-248 HP / 252 SpAtk / 8 SpD
Modest nature
-Surf
-Fire Blast
-Psyshock
-Ice beam/Slack Off/Grass Knot
An excellent all out attacker and a nice check to special attackers and fire types like entei and moltres. This can maintain momentum for offensive teams while checking moltres(aerodactyl is solidly 2HKOed whereas archeops is almost OHKOed after SR lol)
Now, it's an attacking pivot for teams. Surf is a great STAB move that NEVER MISSES unless your opponent is a cheapo with brightpowder or something. It deals good damage to its best 'counters', drapion and slowbro(it has good coverage so no good defensive counters, only clefable and defensive slowking maybe). 'Pursuit trap' my ass.

Offensive counters-aka pursuittrappers
252+ SpA Life Orb Slowking Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Drapion: 234-277 (83.27 - 98.57%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Slowking Surf vs. 248 HP / 244+ SpD Drapion: 161-191 (46.93 - 55.68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Drapion Crunch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Slowking: 320-377 (81.42 - 95.92%) -- 56.25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Can't be pursuit trapped!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

252+ SpA Life Orb Slowking Surf vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Spiritomb: 164-192 (53.94 - 63.15%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Slowking Surf vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Spiritomb: 173-204 (56.9 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Defensive counters

252+ SpA Life Orb Slowking Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Clefable: 200-238 (50.76 - 60.4%) -- 89.84% chance to 2HKO
(this is max spdef btw)

252+ SpA Life Orb Slowking Surf vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 203-239 (51.52 - 60.65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(if it happens to be physically defensive)

Last edited:

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast / Psyshock
- Scald

Bulky utility sweeper arguable one of the best Entei counters in RU, great mixed wall thanks to Calm Mind because can boost the special defense so the ev spread maximize the defensive physical bulk which cant be boosted and is necessary for big physical hitters which otherwise can kill Slowking.
Slack off is to health Slowking, Scald is a necessary move and the chance to burn is very annoying for the opponent, last move between Fire Blast which helps against stuff like Escavalier or Tangrowth while that Psyshock helps vs Poliwrath and calm mind wars.

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I like toying around with slowking and i have tried physical (so tempting to do a belly drum set instead) but this is my favourite set.

@ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Does this remind you of something? Yes, crocune, the annoying prick that sets up calm minds on you until you cannot kill it with any special moves, it already has decent physical bulk and when you toxic stall it to near death then is rests and you rage quit. This is basically the RU version of it and it is basically as annoying. You just need to get rid of those quagsires and any other water absorber, also getting rid of the strong physically attackers with type advantages helps too (scyther, drapion etc). You use rest talk over slack off to restore your statuses as well as restoring more hp. It is suprisingly easy to set up on walls and some choiced attackers but just be aware of leech seed on ferro. From experience this can reck mid game cause them to leave.

Last edited:

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
@ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Signal Beam/Fire Blast/Psyshock (ew)/Toxic (only if you're me)

Play it like a defensive Slowking until you can stack a cm or two and not get killed and then blast their counter with whatever you want. The EVs are the best for any Slowking; since you can't counter Moltres with max SpD anyways it's better to go physically defensive. The 48 speed outruns min speed Spiritomb, I usually run more but creeping tomb is HUGE for Slowking. Signal Beam is better than Fire Blast or HP Grass because beating opposing Slowkings and grass types is better than beating grass types, and other waters are either free setup (Lanturn), take heavy damage from Scald (Kabutops), or are really scary and better left to be handled by another mon (Gatr). Psyshock only beats Amoongus and Cryogonal, both of whom are easier to deal with than Slowking.

I'l posting this despite HnC's post because Signal Beam is an important innovation. Also because cm Slowking is my invention and I needed to post it.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Substitute/Slack Off (depends on personal preference about how you would use this)
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger
- Headbutt

Parafusion AND Paraflinch in one set? What is this blasphemy? I would have used Zeb Headbutt but only 20% chance to flinch compared to 30% chance with Headbutt. Thunder Wave gives paralysis, Swagger provides confusion and Substitute blocks status, whereas Slack Off would give longevity. Personally I would prefer Substitute since you can feint an offensive set and force a switch, setting up substitute and then prepare to wreck! Yes, I am totally serious about this. I know that sometimes Slowking will still be too slow to parafusionflinch so you just parafusion! Simple as that!

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Slack Off
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Toxic / Fire Blast

Unlike the OTR Slowking on site. This Support King is designed to constantly set up Trick Room for your team. It has fantastic defensive stats in RU with 95/80/110. In addition, it has access to the ability Regenerator, which allows it to heal itself upon switching out. The EVs are designed to switch into a Life Orb Moltres, with hazards off, and take two hurricanes. The spread is more beneficial than the standard defensive set, designed to take a CB Pursuit from Escavalier. This is because Escavalier is generally scared of Fire Blast once it sees Trick Room, and switches out to the opponents Slowking, or something of the sort. Moltres, however, is a big threat to Trick Room teams. Nothing wants to switch into it, and nothing can take both Fire Blast and Hurricane well. The three staple moves to the set are Slack Off, Trick Room, and Scald. In the 4th slot, I prefer Toxic. Generally the opponents best switch in to OTR Slowking is Slowking. Then they switch into Slowking and get hit by a Toxic, and cannot do much in return. Furthermore, Psyshock does not add much additional coverage, bar vs Cryogonal, which also does not want to be hit by a Toxic. More importantly, however, Uxie and Mesprit are common staples to Trick Room teams, so another Psychic stab is not necessary. Finally, Fire Blast is a mention to hit Escavalier as well as Tangrowth, with Stealth Rocks up, no SpA investment is needed for Slowking to OHKO Escavalier with Fire Blast.

Last edited:

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 116 SDef / 144 Def
Calm Nature
- Magic Coat
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off/Toxic

So at first you are probably asking yourself why I just posted the exact same set as the online defensive set. However, my set has one very important difference: Magic Coat. Magic Coat gives it incredible utility, allowing it to beat Omastar/Smeargle's lead sets easy, either by repelling hazards or Spore. It can also take Lilligant, which is quite unexpected. Apart from the excellent utility role of repelling hazards and sleep, this also allows defensive Slowking to avoid its biggest bane: status, especially Toxic. Bouncing back Toxic will catch the opponent by surprise, and potentially make one of their mons much weaker, such as an opposing defensive Slowking. The entire set is based off of using Magic Coat to mess with the opponent and protect from status. The final movechoice is based on what you want, more survivability or the ability to cripple whenever you want with Toxic.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Substitute/Toxic

So this Slowking is actually similar to a set it has in UU, but it utilizes Slowking's most overlooked move in RU, and that is Dragon tail. This allows Slowking to come in on one of the many RU mons that it walls and then proceed to dragon tail out their response to Slowking. Because of King's enormous bulk, it can really put a lot of stress on teams trying to take it down. Scald is there for the burn chance which is really useful for King to set up a substitute which can extend his phazing rampage. The last slot is preference, but if substitute is useful if you predict a switch, but want to scout out the opponents options, but substitute requires t-spike support.

Yeah dragon tail :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)