All Gens Implementing all old gens in PS - Testers required!

Dig/Fly invulnerability should be added, but it's probably worth clausing in standard play anyway for the same reasons OHKO moves are banned.

Gen4:
When you choose the move explosion, but the opponent dies prior to it (either through switching + entry hazards, recoil damage or a self sacrificing move). Then (on PS currently) the move explosion fails and you survive.

This shouldn't happen, if there is no target the explosion should still fire off and the exploder should die.

As they always have been, Rotom forms are being allowed without their signature moves. Despite this being impossible on the DS as once a Rotom form looses it's signature move it reverts back to it's original form.

It also rejects the combination of Lovely Kiss + Double-edge on Snorlax, which should be legal in GSC.

It also rejects the combination of Lovely Kiss + Double-edge on Snorlax, which should be legal in GSC.
I suspect that this is because it's not recognising that RBY-GSC trades can work both ways. See, to get both those moves on a GSC Snorlax, you had to get a Snorlax on your GSC game from the NYPC event, trade it back to RBY, teach it Double-Edge with a TM, and then trade it forward to GSC again.

In any case, the only move combinations that are illegal in GSC are these:

1) Event move + either a breeding move or an event move from a different event.
2) Two breeding moves that cannot both have been on the same father.
3) An event move or breeding move that didn't exist in RBY + a move only learned via RBY TM.

3) is the one that causes headaches. It doesn't show up much because the main moves new to GSC (as far as the meta's concerned) were Curse, Hidden Power, and Sleep Talk; all TM moves that could be taught after trading something to RBY and back. The main situations where it does come up in OU are on:

- Chansey (as Blissey), which learns Heal Bell via breeding.
- Eevee (as any of the GSC Eeveelutions, but in particular Umbreon), which learns Charm via breeding.
- Shellder (as Cloyster), which learns Rapid Spin via breeding.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
3) An event move or breeding move that didn't exist in RBY + a move only learned via RBY TM.
Not quiiiite accurate, the most precise way of stating it is a event/breeding move in RBY + a move only learned by tradeback to RBY. For example, Snorlax needs to be traded to RBY to get Double-Edge, but he can get it either by RBY TM OR RBY level-up.

(2) is also tricky. Sometimes it's not just two breeding moves that are illegal together, sometimes there's a love triangle of three breeding moves where any two of them are legal but all three are not.

Gen4:
As they always have been, Rotom forms are being allowed without their signature moves. Despite this being impossible on the DS as once a Rotom form looses it's signature move it reverts back to it's original form.
False. You can have a Rotom Forme without it's signature move.

Source: I just tested this.

Has someone already tested if leeching moves, like Giga Drain, work on a Substitute? Because in GSC, they should fail if used on one.

False. You can have a Rotom Forme without it's signature move.

Source: I just tested this.
What was your test?

My test was in pokemon platinum.
Rotom-W with Hydro Pump.
Hydro Pump was replaced with thunderbolt tm, Rotom-W changed back to Rotom.

I haven't tested level up moves, the forgetful man or move tutors. Do they give different results?

Hmm, has Blizzard's 90% accuracy in Gen 1 been implemented correctly? I just saw Blizzard miss 3 times out of 4, so I figured I'd at least ask the question.

EDIT: Multi-hit moves in RBY always deal exactly the same damage on every hit, and critting is only checked once for the whole move. This isn't currently implemented; I saw Double Kick crit one hit and fail to crit the other.

Last edited:

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hmm, has Blizzard's 90% accuracy in Gen 1 been implemented correctly? I just saw Blizzard miss 3 times out of 4, so I figured I'd at least ask the question.
Yes, it is.

EDIT: Multi-hit moves in RBY always deal exactly the same damage on every hit, and critting is only checked once for the whole move. This isn't currently implemented; I saw Double Kick crit one hit and fail to crit the other.
It works, the crit message just happens once, though.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
That's weird now, must be relevant to one latest change in gen 5 that affected this.

That's weird now, must be relevant to one latest change in gen 5 that affected this.
Well, I dunno. I tried to replicate it, but Showdown doesn't let you log on with two different handles at the same time. In any case, IIRC it was a Jolteon Double Kicking Chansey or Rhydon.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
^if you have chrome you can do one handle in regular and one handle in incognito mode to bypass that

Joim

Pixels matter
I don't really want to be circumventing rules on something that I don't want to be banned from.
As a PS admin I can tell you that's not against rules unless you use two accounts to gain advantage in ladder. You can also use two different browsers.

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As a PS admin I can tell you that's not against rules unless you use two accounts to gain advantage in ladder. You can also use two different browsers.
i know this is not really thread related, but do the few points you would get from battling your own alts really pay off? you would have to create an alt with a good rating just to significantly raise your rating on another account. Do people do such things?

Edit: i also noticed from playing (dead ass gen 1-4) on showdown that you can't battle someone twice in a row in a rated battle

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Let's keep the posts here about testing mechanics/finding bugs/that sort of thing and avoid further discussion of simulator rules.

Well, I did the trick with two browsers, and I found the following:

Turn 23
The foe's Jolteon used Double Kick!
It's super effective! Chansey lost 14.8% of its health!
Chansey lost 14.9% of its health!
Hit 2 time(s)!
Chansey used Softboiled!
Chansey regained health!
(104 vs. 105 damage)
and likewise:
Turn 29
The foe's Jolteon used Pin Missile!
It's super effective! Exeggutor lost 10.2% of its health!
Exeggutor lost 9.9% of its health!
Exeggutor lost 10.2% of its health!
Hit 5 time(s)!
(39 vs. 40 damage)
But I can't seem to replicate the weird crit behaviour that I seemed to observe earlier. :/

Last edited:

Joim

Pixels matter
Oh, also someone used Hi Jump Kick on me in RBY, and they took 1% damage when they missed. Pretty sure that shouldn't happen.
Yeah, please, be sure you're reporting an actual bug. It's a headache for me otherwise.
I'm going to check the multihit thing asap, but it's not priority until gen 2 is more in shape and gen 3 is playable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)