Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it was mentioned here, but here's a Screenshot of Froakie's moveset from the demo:

One Justin has made short descriptions of the X&Y demo experience here. Could Froakie be a Mixed Attacker?

Who even rollerskates anymore lol
omigod, you don't know any jam-skaters?

On the topic of footwear, I feel like you're going to get some multipurpose shoes before you leave the house this time around. If running can be a permanent default movement, is the game going to introduce you to varying travel speeds before you even start your journey?

Another thing I was wondering about recently is how aesthetic/functional Pokémon mounts are. The first reveal with Gogoat showed it moving at a walking pace, but Skiddo travels noticeably faster. The presentation in the demo doesn't feel like they were hoping to show it off as a new mechanic. How many times will Skiddo's ability to jump ledges be useful beyond possibly avoiding grass in a route? Can the trails accessed by rideable Rhyhorns be used for expanded exploration?

I know it was mentioned here, but here's a Screenshot of Froakie's moveset from the demo:

One Justin has made short descriptions of the X&Y demo experience here. Could Froakie be a Mixed Attacker?
Nah those are just normal frog attacks. You can't really tell anything about it.

From the looks of it, I think this will be the case. It's almost like replacing HMs with Rideable Pokemon, which is a fresh aspect.
Ya see, that picture only tells me that you'll have an easier time going across bumpy trails when you're riding Rhyhorn. Previous official statements about riding Pokémon would suggest that, in the case with Rhyorn, you're probably restricted from running, skating, bicycling, or any combination of those on the rocky tiles that Rhyhorn is on top of in that picture. Besides Skiddo, I'm not convinced that Pokémon mounts do much for the gameplay other than "RIDIN ON POKEMON". That isn't a bad thing, but presently, it runs the risk of being as unfulfilling as Amity Sqaure before the edits made in Platinum.

canno

formerly The Reptile

I don't think this proves anything about its mixed capabilities. Round is a pretty common move, Water Pulse is water STAB that most Water-types learn. Lick makes sense on a frog. Quick Attack could suggest a faster stat spread, but doesn't actually prove anything. I think we've seen Quick Attack already though, so nothing really new here tbh.

However, I really hope it is a mixed attack. Something like Infernape, but with Water instead of Fire/Fighting

From the looks of it, I think this will be the case. It's almost like replacing HMs with Rideable Pokemon, which is a fresh aspect.
I really hope this happens, you could have a real Lapras for the water rather than a shadow! And the lapras could dive and go up waterfalls! And they could have like a service where the regional bird takes you anywhere you want to go like a bird taxi kind of (replacing fly)! And I hope they get rid of rocks and trees because I hate HMs so much! Or you could just have like a machamp or something to deal with trees and boulders

I really hope this happens, you could have a real Lapras for the water rather than a shadow! And the lapras could dive and go up waterfalls! And they could have like a service where the regional bird takes you anywhere you want to go like a bird taxi kind of (replacing fly)! And I hope they get rid of rocks and trees because I hate HMs so much! Or you could just have like a machamp or something to deal with trees and boulders
That'd have a real Pokemon Ranger feel it though. I think the normal 5 HMs of Cut, Surf Fly, Strength and Waterfall won't be removed. It'd move the feeling of using your own Pokemon to help you assist in your journey.

That'd have a real Pokemon Ranger feel it though. I think the normal 5 HMs of Cut, Surf Fly, Strength and Waterfall won't be removed. It'd move the feeling of using your own Pokemon to help you assist in your journey.
What really needs to happen is the acual sprite of the pokemon appears when you need a HM.

I'd be cool with a HG/SS situation where the pokemon walk behind you.

The 3DS has an accelerometer built in that could act as a pedometer.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
What really needs to happen is the actual sprite of the Pokemon appears when you need a HM.
This happened in HGSS when the Pokemon whose HM you were using was the one at the front of your party. Like using Rock Smash made the Pokemon move ahead of you and then smack the boulder... It worked great. I'd love to have the follow mechanic back, but I think it might be to much for 3D :(

I think it might be too much for their first game on the 3DS. Right now they're taking babysteps with things like diagonal movement and sitting on benches. Oh and a fully 3D environment for the first time on a main series game. However, if Gen 7 is also on the 3DS, that would be the time to starting getting really fancy and bringing back overworld sprites and making unique HM animations. Unique battling animations would be sweet, too.

Also, has anyone who's played the demo actually commented on the use of 3D? Like does it look really cool when Mewtwo uses Psystrike? I mean, it looks sweet through a video recording, so I can only imagine the 3D effect adds to it.

I imagine that the remake of this game (Z?) is going to have improved 3D animations after they've used the first version to test the waters.

you could have a real Lapras for the water rather than a shadow!
Unfortunately, we know that this is not happening in X&Y. The Smash playthrough clearly showed that the shadow-sprite is returning (Unless GameFreak made a Pokemon that looks exactly like the Surfing-shadow).

Sorry if this is anywhere told but:
I got a question has anyone who has played the demo evolved one of the starters? If yes please say the types (and which level?) :L
Also if anyone wants to respond please quote this message so i know you responded to it. Alrady thanks for answering.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Sorry if this is anywhere told but:
I got a question has anyone who has played the demo evolved one of the starters? If yes please say the types (and which level?) :L
Also if anyone wants to respond please quote this message so i know you responded to it. Alrady thanks for answering.
The time limit on the demo is too low for anyone to do this.

Will there be hidden power fairy?

If back compatibility is going to be in X & Y that would screw up previous pokemon's hidden powers if it's all re-worked.

If back compatibility is going to be in X & Y that would screw up previous pokemon's hidden powers if it's all re-worked.
Well,fairy is a new type and I'm sure there going to make HP fairy.But there going to have to change how HP is calculated and stuff like that.
I'm hoping that the starter evolutions will be revealed in next week's Coro Coro because I think its about time they revealed the secondary typings of the starters.

They could make hidden power randomly generated, independent of a pokemon's IVs, and then generate the hidden power according to the IVs if it is transferred over from gen 5 (or lower).

Give your Pokemon enough different colored pofure and its hidden power changes to that type? Something like that?
Yup. And the more you play with your mon on Amie, the stronger its IVs and Hidden Power gets. You're in full control, the only difficulty would be for maybe technician HPs.

I wouldn't hold your breath for the secondary typings to be revealed this corocoro. If I recall correctly none of the starter pokemon's evolutions have been revealed that way? I know we knew about Servine and Dewott beforehand but that was from an anime sketch, and we certainly didn't know about the Gen 4 starter's evolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)