Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't hold your breath for the secondary typings to be revealed this corocoro. If I recall correctly none of the starter pokemon's evolutions have been revealed that way? I know we knew about Servine and Dewott beforehand but that was from an anime sketch, and we certainly didn't know about the Gen 4 starter's evolutions.
I'm pretty sure Servine, Pignite, and Dewott were officially revealed in an issue of CoroCoro, which I think may have been before the release of B/W (albeit after we got that anime sketch, and also after Serebii leaked the middle and final evolutions).

I wouldn't hold your breath for the secondary typings to be revealed this corocoro. If I recall correctly none of the starter pokemon's evolutions have been revealed that way? I know we knew about Servine and Dewott beforehand but that was from an anime sketch, and we certainly didn't know about the Gen 4 starter's evolutions.
CoroCoro's September issue (the one that came out like days before release) revealed Servine, Dewott & Pignite

I hope either this month's or next's has them revealed but they're all single typing. No one ever said they would all get secondary typings on their first evolution.

They could make Hidden Power a static 70 BP move and add an in-game NPC that lets you pick the type you want. To hell with the IV nonsense.
The only pokemon who get screwed by this are Technician special attackers, but it would be a small sacrifice for the greater good.
I would like this very much. And if they wouldn't do this, then I'd at least like it if when you're viewing the moves of something that knows Hidden Power, that the move is listed with the base power and type it has for that Pokémon, rather than as a Normal move with no base power.

Hence why I don't think we will get back compatibility. The IV system could be revamped adding more hidden stats for amie evasion etc. With a 3DS game I expect you could "catch them all" ish.

Would anyone else mind the fresh start? I wouldn't mind starting from scratch to be fair. The COD player in me is like "prestige"

Hence why I don't think we will get back compatibility. The IV system could be revamped adding more hidden stats for amie evasion etc. With a 3DS game I expect you could "catch them all" ish.

Would anyone else mind the fresh start? I wouldn't mind starting from scratch to be fair. The COD player in me is like "prestige"
One move having issues is not reason enough to remove a feature they know is important to people

The more I think of the fresh start, the more the idea grows on me.
At heart I'm a collector and the collection journey to me is more important than the collection sometimes.
And it would prompt a lot of new wi-fi events.

At heart I'm a collector and the collection journey to me is more important than the collection sometimes.
I would rage so hard if it turns out we won't be able to transfer Pokémon. If you want a fresh start, nothing's forcing you to make use of any transfer features.

We've had every single Pokemon in the world available to us for quite some time now. To be honest I kind of feel spoiled. Maybe a fresh start could be fun.

Im with you on that one. It's about the journey and getting a second chance to re-live the magic. Plus to give a new generation a chance to experience what we had. 6th gen on a new handheld is a big step in terms of generation. GF seem to be basing this game more with the cartoon. Especially with the amie features. #freshstart

What is all this talking about having a fresh start? If you want to start over then that's fine but a lot of us have been playing in the pokemon universe for a while. We should be able to take the pokemon we trained and cared for with us to the new generation. I don't want a new Charizard or Ninetales. I want to play with the one I've always had.

Im with you on that one. It's about the journey and getting a second chance to re-live the magic. Plus to give a new generation a chance to experience what we had. 6th gen on a new handheld is a big step in terms of generation. GF seem to be basing this game more with the cartoon. Especially with the amie features. #freshstart
You act like if there's transferring no one will play "fresh" despite the fact that feature is always post game and a worldwide release means that a majoirty of people would be starting fresh regardless.

And even if it wasn't, nothing's forcing you to transfer asap

e: also gen 5 was explicitly made with the idea of reliving the ~magic~...

You act like if there's transferring no one will play "fresh" despite the fact that feature is always post game and a worldwide release means that a majoirty of people would be starting fresh regardless.

And even if it wasn't, nothing's forcing you to transfer asap

e: also gen 5 was explicitly made with the idea of reliving the ~magic~...
I meant post game. However it's just a thought on something that might happen. GF said they are "working on it". If for sone reason they cannot implement a feature its always best to be prepared.

I understand a lot of people would like to have it as they have bonds etc. We all have different ways in how we play and view a game.

We will all know sooner or later...

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have to say, while I'm not sure whether or not I want transferring, I completely disagree with the notion that wanting a fresh start is bad because "you can do it if you want, but I want to keep my guys." There is a lot more to it than that. The thing that first and foremost pops into my mind is the ability for movesets to be reworked. Sure, they can always change up who learns what, but, as long as transferring exists, they can never take something away. Cutting off past gen compatibility does not simply mean no transferring, but instead opens up the ability to revamp things like never before. While I'm not fully for it, I would not mind in the least, as long as they take advantage of it and make some big changes.

I have to say, while I'm not sure whether or not I want transferring, I completely disagree with the notion that wanting a fresh start is bad because "you can do it if you want, but I want to keep my guys." There is a lot more to it than that. The thing that first and foremost pops into my mind is the ability for movesets to be reworked. Sure, they can always change up who learns what, but, as long as transferring exists, they can never take something away. Cutting off past gen compatibility does not simply mean no transferring, but instead opens up the ability to revamp things like never before. While I'm not fully for it, I would not mind in the least, as long as they take advantage of it and make some big changes.
Considering they continue to bring things back if gone for even a game (move tutors, hi, hello) I don't think that, if there was no transferring, they'd take that opportunity to completely overhaul move pools and actively take away things

The stuff lost between 1/2 gen & 3rd gen amounted mostly to Curse and a handful of crappy TMs

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, I was talking about possibility, not precedent. I know they didn't do that much of it from gen 2 to 3, but there was definitely some things done. And apart from movepools there is also the entire stats system and such that can be reworked. Again, I'm not saying there is anything specific I would expect, or even that I want, but, if there were considering doing major overhauls, I personally would prefer that to being able to transfer.

Anyone who would want it's shockingly good neutral coverage. Near perfect with rock, ground (almost perfect I assume with gravity), ghost, etc. The better question is who wouldn't?
To further elaborate on the coverage granted by the Fairy type, Fairy + Dark is resisted only by Heatran. So, that's pretty good, especially in the lower tiers.

A fresh start reminds me of card games. The Charizard card that was widely popular at the beginning of the franchise has been cycled out of organized play simply for being old. The most recent (and legal) Charizard card has different statistics and techniques to match the designer's new idea of "balanced". Anyone who likes using Charizard has to put the effort into finding a copy of the newest tourney legal card each time a Charizard card gets cycled out.

Having a truly fresh start is like dumping old strategies, the good, the bad and the broken, to make room for new strategies to fill those roles. However vastly different the video game is from the card game (Every Chespin ever will be able to use Vine Whip if the trainer so chooses vs TCG Chespins who may each have a technique special to each set of cards. From a stoic perspective, we won't lose much), one has to determine the value of their memories with certain Pokémon weighed against the hard-earned functionality of said Pokémon.

Personally, I let my Pokémon die. I get the ones I care deeply about to have offspring and then the parents eventually get lost in old game cartridges. It's more fun to retrain a Bulbasaur every now and again than to keep my old Venusaur who stopped growing long ago beyond learning a new competitive moveset. I'll admit, being unable to carry old Pokémon over would bug me, because I have several Pokémon I'd want to make post-game teams out of. I'll just get over it by not selling my White 2.

And now, for an earworm.
~Memories, all alone in my game case~

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I also believe it's time for a major revamp. I mean why not? If there is any perfect time to do it again it would be now. Everything else is changing. I would be sad that would be the end of the journey for some of my Pokemon that I've had since 03-04. But it is a new adventure and I'm up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)