Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second set of starters to choose from? Anyone else reading into this a lot? Of course someone is. I seriously doubt this was a random choice of somebody on the team who "thought it would be cool." Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that's definitely possible but a decision like this just has too much impact on the game to be "for the lulz."

For example, in the pokemon role play I am doing with my friends everyone got to pick a starter pokemon. It's sort of an open world game with many directions to explore in. We quickly found though that certain areas were a breeze, and others were painful depending on what your starter (aka strongest pokemon) was. We eventually decided that a second starter was needed to balance out their teams in addition to their wild captures. My hope is that GF added the second starter for very much the same reasons.

Second set of starters to choose from? Anyone else reading into this a lot? Of course someone is. I seriously doubt this was a random choice of somebody on the team who "thought it would be cool." Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that's definitely possible but a decision like this just has too much impact on the game to be "for the lulz."

For example, in the pokemon role play I am doing with my friends everyone got to pick a starter pokemon. It's sort of an open world game with many directions to explore in. We quickly found though that certain areas were a breeze, and others were painful depending on what your starter (aka strongest pokemon) was. We eventually decided that a second starter was needed to balance out their teams in addition to their wild captures. My hope is that GF added the second starter for very much the same reasons.
They already experimented with this concept with the Elemental Monkeys in BW, this is the next logical step.

Reactions: PME

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
They already experimented with this concept with the Elemental Monkeys in BW, this is the next logical step.
True when you think about it like that it does make sense. I do hope for a difficulty ("challenge") mode, that can be put on from the very beginning.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Keep in mind that this could just be poor wording on their part, since generally, other region's starters are post-E4

Though TBH I always had this idea that you'd have three Pokemon, say the CAP Embirch, Lotad, and a Fire/Water, and when you picked your starter you were also (early on) given the Pokemon that does not share either of its 2 types with your starter.

I think it we will probally receive our kanto starter somewhere around gym 5 so they do not take away from Kalos starters spotlight but as your team will probally be around 30's it will require sometime to train. It will be given to you by prof. Oak and he will say I'm investigating a new phenomenon called mega evolutions could you please raise one of these starters from the kanto region for me. It's probally going to go something like that

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Looks like Poké Transporter is going to kill the entire Glitchmons metagame, as well as LC Pomeg glitch. Good riddance to the latter.

Looks like Poké Transporter is going to kill the entire Glitchmons metagame, as well as LC Pomeg glitch. Good riddance to the latter.
Woo hoo, looks like I spent all that time making every single pokemon I own have the best moveset and ev for nothing. (I work a lot so I don't have the time nor patience to ev train each pokemon)

I'm kinda happy that glitched Pokemon may not be able to make it across. I sure hope the box is able to figure out which Pokemon are actually illegal.

Also, is anyone discouraged by the price? I sure hope not. 500¥ translates to about $5.00, which isn't bad at all. It's really like buying a $40+ game.

It bugs me that they haven't officially acknowledged Mega Kangaskhan, Oorotto and the new Llama mon! Otherwise, a list of Pokemon with MEvos leaked about a month back. It correctly predicted that all the Kanto starters will get a MEvo. So maybe it's legit?

Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo, Ampharos, Scizor, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Heracross, Gardevoir, Absol, Medicham, Banette, Latias, Latios, Aggron, Abomasnow.

I think it we will probally receive our kanto starter somewhere around gym 5 so they do not take away from Kalos starters spotlight but as your team will probally be around 30's it will require sometime to train. It will be given to you by prof. Oak and he will say I'm investigating a new phenomenon called mega evolutions could you please raise one of these starters from the kanto region for me. It's probally going to go something like that
Except that it was already shown that Sycamore gives you the Kanto starters... So it's going to go nothing like that. When you get them is unclear, but the wording makes it sound like it's early. But that doesn't mean much.

It bugs me that they haven't officially acknowledged Mega Kangaskhan, Oorotto and the new Llama mon! Otherwise, a list of Pokemon with MEvos leaked about a month back. It correctly predicted that all the Kanto starters will get a MEvo. So maybe it's legit?
I feel like a broken record but Hey!
Not a list of mega evolutions! At all!
Trademarks that people believe are indicative of mega evolutions.

Also they kind of have acknowledged Mega Kangaskhan, which makes the fact it's not on the sites weird.
I mean like, it's not a secret that got out or anything. Masuda showed it to everyone. Pokemon.com's twitter reported it. They didn't bother taking down any videos. Pokemon Smash showed it.

At least with llama (which was probably spliced in on accident) and orotto they weren't the focal point of things being shown.

What's up guys? that's right it's time for SMZ's Pokemon Bank/PokeTransporter review. Brought to you by L'Oréal Kalos. Because beauty makes you go mega.

So let's get with the main idea. Pokemon Bank is a solid idea. It lets you transfer Pokemon quickly (read: very) and "trade" with yourself and others much easier and faster. Saves a lot of money for a lot of people who buy an extra 3DS or *gulp* a 2DS even just to self-trade.

The annual fee is a bummer for some, but keep in mind it's a cheap cheap 5$ per YEAR for something that basically outshines Pokemon Box/Ranch (in terms of Storage capacity anyway). I have no problem regarding the bank having a fee, HOWEVER I have a problem with PokeTransporter which is only accessed via the Bank. The PokeTransporter itself is free, but the bank has a fee. There is a free month trial for each user, so in all fairness that's more than enough time to transfer your Pokmeon (unless you want to restart some games to send other stuff).

tl;dr I like the idea of PokeBank and don't really mind the fee, even for Poketransporter I will abuse the hell of the free month trial, plus with a cheap cheap 5$ per year I think PokeBank as a whole is worth it.

Reactions: PME
OMFG, please for the love of god let it be legit! I was JUST thinking about how bad-ass mega-evo latios would look, and now I can't wait to see if GF has it in the works. THE HYPE IS OVERWHELMING!!!!!

Pokemon Bank sounds like a brilliant idea. Transferring sounds like it is going to be an absolute breeze, thank god.

Quick question: Can a Pokemon be switched in and out and still be in it's Mega Evolution? (or do we still not know that yet?)

I hope that those trademarked names won't be the ONLY mega forms we'll be getting, because that's really not an awful lot. It also seems kind of bizarre that Mewtwo would be the only uber legendary to be getting a mega, as well as the johto starters being missed out on.

Let's hope that those trademarks are just pokemon they had to refresh the rights on for some legal reason.

I would like to say, again, that Stealth Rock exists.
Umm...Aurinko wasn't talking about Charizard's usability but about the possibility of another Drizzle user to balance out the new Drought Charizard

But I kind of want to see another Snow Warning user ^^

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Quick question: Can a Pokemon be switched in and out and still be in it's Mega Evolution? (or do we still not know that yet?)
Presumably it can, although whether or not you'd have to trigger another mega evolution upon switching back in is unknown (as is if you would be able to switch it, but really, there's no logical reason why you wouldn't be able).

Presumably it can, although whether or not you'd have to trigger another mega evolution upon switching back in is unknown (as is if you would be able to switch it, but really, there's no logical reason why you wouldn't be able).
>implying trollfreak uses logic.

The thing I wonder about more is whether the Megas have a turn limit or something. Like say after x turns they revert back or after x condition. I didn't see the movie, but I saw the prologue which showed Megatwo reverting back before the "battle" ends. I know it's the anime, but it's still a possibility this happens in the games too.

Hope to see a change in how they handled forms when poketransported. The same way they handled Rotom for BW, be good for Shaymin, Giratina to keep there forms without having to hold an item.

Also Kyruem, will the combined form be available?

Hope to see a change in how they handled forms when poketransported. The same way they handled Rotom for BW, be good for Shaymin, Giratina to keep there forms without having to hold an item.

Also Kyruem, will the combined form be available?
Well if the transfer transfer items as well (certainly hope so). The forms most likely will retain. If not, I don't guess anything will change and we'll just have to wait for the items like we did in BW. Kyurem-B/W will probably stay same upon transfer too. Unless for some reason they restrict that (which would suck) until we get the key item again or maybe a stationary place to fuse/defuse them. Like how Deoxys meteorites work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)