Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

May I reserve MegaSceptile please? (I know for sure it will eventually be revealed) And I would like to sprite it ^^

After checking over the spreadsheet of reserved sprites, I was wondering if I could reserve Skiddo/Gogoat?

After checking over the spreadsheet of reserved sprites, I was wondering if I could reserve Skiddo/Gogoat?
Well I don't think I have like much say in this, but yeah in my opinion you can make the Gogoat and Skiddo sprites.
(I think I'll just focus on shading stuff rather than making my own sprites as I cannot pose 'em =/)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok so I've been working on Blastoise and those arms and cannon lip are a pain but

He is looking ready to rock

oh also look it's a 2k post
So wow I've hit 2000 posts, the first half of that took 6 years and this only took a year and a half guess I'm getting better at this whole forum posting thing huh? I decided against making a thread because xk posts are the new xk threads. Anyways I'll just say that I finally have some badges after all this time that is rather nice and here are some shoutouts to my favorite people.

Orange Islanders: Easily the most chill forum even though 90% of the activity is in the dumb XY thread that I enjoy deleting posts in. Our quest to tier all the spin-offs is just starting mes amis somebody has to do it!

Smogcrafters: It's nice we have a server but I'm just too drained to play, maybe if somebody gave me all my items and my old city back for me I'd be interested in playing OH WELL.

Mafia: Well we aren't dead yet and got out of all those awful multifaction games that is a relatively good thing lets keep that up

The Smog: More of you need to consider my amazing pun suggestions for titles, other than that you're all cool people and probably the most diverse group of talented smogon people.

Spriters: We are where it's at, I can't wait to see how we pull this all off but it's looking really good here. None of us have any idea on the timeframe for a complete simulator but it's gonna happen soon and it'll look all the better with some amazing sprites!

Here is to another 1000 posts and many (many) more sprites!

Last edited:

Legitimate Username

mad tales of a bloodthirsty corviknight
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Needed a break from Mega Mawile before more animation and took on a new project.

Thanks Quanyails for the awesome sprite, although I did make a few edits before animating it. Most noticeable is that the ribbon hand is now on top of the sheath, mostly because it just feels awkward to unsheath a sword with your hand underneath it. I also straightened out the handle and the three circles on the sheath to be better aligned with everything else.

EDIT: Transparency (since I had made some changes to the backsprite after Layell posted below).

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
VERY VERY GOOD

Anyways I found something very wonderful for making gifs transparent as that always seems to be a thing

http://www.gifmagic.com/

suddenly:

We should use this more often, (I will eventually get around to animating myself but not until everything is sprited)

Anyways taking care of Mega-Kanga animation to get my feet wet!

Last edited:

Legitimate Username

mad tales of a bloodthirsty corviknight
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You have no idea how grateful I am for that. I used LunaPic for transparency on non-animated images but on animated ones it just spits out monstrocities like these.

So thanks for sharing that great site!

How's this for a very early Chespin? I know it's already taken but I still wanted to give it a try.

Please ignore the weird arms, the lack of tail and shading and some other details for now.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
To those who suggest I don't allow anyone to edit don't worry reversing changes are a cinch and I've been backing up everything posted here. I have found this works much easier in the past as I don't want to add every spriter to the chart. If anything I'd make it only so I could if things get out of hand but I'm hardly worried in that regard.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sorry that I'm not posting much. x.x Summer ended, so I have less time for sprites, which gets allotted to schoolwork instead. However, it's great to see other people contribute and this project take off! :D

No, I don't mind that much if you guys dislike my sprites. I prefer scratch spriting, which does not always preserve pokemon's style. :p

I will put a message on my dA account notifying the pokemon pixel artists on dA about this project. :) I really want spriting to continue despite Pokemon's leap into 3-D models.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Ok now we have a backsprite

I like my pop-up shell but hate dumb arms still, but I don't think I can ever be happy with those dumb arms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)