Smogon Frontier VII [Won by reyscarface]

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
As I told you on IRC, I haven't always been a fan of your character, but you definitly deserved to win something big at some point with all the great runs you've in the past in a lot of prestigious tournaments, so congrats!

Ojama

Banned deucer.
As I told you on IRC, I haven't always been a fan of your character, but you definitly deserved to win something big at some point with all the great runs you've in the past in a lot of prestigious tournaments, so congrats!

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Congrats, rey. I was initially salty that you challenged after we were already at the end, but I can't really fault you. I wanted the best players to brain, and you did. If we had to be beaten, I would have preferred this way over any other. A trophy after six years, finally.

And...a few thanks are in order. First, I want to thank Joim/Layell for helping to implement the symbols and Bloo/Aldaron for helping with the TD stuff. Second, I want to thank everyone who came out and challenged the Frontier. Frontier could not exist without two major parties, the challengers and the brains, and hosting it entails striking a good balance between the enjoyment of both parties. Given the state of last year's Frontier, I tended to err more to the side of the brains this year. I still feel like it was the right decision, but I apologize if our "johning" resulted in excessive inconvenience to any challenger and thank everyone for their understanding. Third, I want to give due credit to Ojama for volunteering and then playing and winning a shitton of matches. I'm sorry we couldn't resolve our differences. And finally, I would like to thank all of M Dragon, BKC, SoulWind, reyscarface, Philip7086, ifm, gr8astard, undisputed, dragonuser, bro fist, ShakeItUp, Vinc2612, and august for committing their time and effort to braining. It was truly a pleasure working with all of you; despite ultimately losing, we took it closer than any recent Frontier, and I think that definitely reflects how solid we were. I'm sorry we couldn't close it out and keep our symbols, but I hope the recognition you get for being some of BW2's best is reward enough.

Hosting this year has been an enlightening experience; hopefully, we can resolve some of the wrinkles that showed up this year for next season. Once again, thanks to everyone who contributed in any way, shape, or form to this season of Frontier.

One last thing:

[14:11] <&McMeghan> i plan to not even john too much this year Eo

fuck rey and his warrior tornadus, making eo punch babies and all that

The foe's Tornadus used Hurricane!
Chansey lost 168 HP! (25% of its health)
Chansey became confused!

Rain continues to fall.

Start of turn 57
Chansey lost 168 HP! (25% of its health)

Chansey is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
Chansey lost 8 HP! (1% of its health)

Rain continues to fall.

Start of turn 58
Chansey lost 175 HP! (26% of its health)

Chansey is confused!
Chansey used Softboiled!
Chansey regained health!

Rain continues to fall.

Start of turn 59
Chansey lost 177 HP! (26% of its health)

Chansey is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
Chansey lost 8 HP! (1% of its health)

Rain continues to fall.
Eo Ut Mortus: I am going to punch some babies
reyscarface: trooper tornadus
reyscarface: achieve

Start of turn 60
A critical hit!
Scott Mescudi: no dont!!!
Chansey lost 214 HP! (32% of its health)
Chansey fainted!

Rain continues to fall.
Scott Mescudi: NO
Eo Ut Mortus: omg
reyscarface: lol wow
reyscarface: he did achieve
Scott Mescudi: gayness

jk ur a king, enjoy the prestigious 16x16. well deserved brah

Lavos

Banned deucer.
congrats! also

reyscarface: trooper tornadus

were u intending to make a stormtrooper pun or am i reading too far into this

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
bro fist and his stealth dodging kyurem b still salty about hax

jokes aside congratulations reyscarface :toast:

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Damn, that Offensive Smurf team crushed during this frontier season I feel like. Kept seeing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)