Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

it appears the server has suffered a rollback of several hours. i believe the reasoning for this is isolated and due to the fact that i had opened the map in mcedit by accident while i was trying to edit a single player map, causing the server to abort all changes from that point on. please let me know if you or someone you know has suffered any damages

ded game

besides, we don't have a server to run it on

also, i'm giving away free cosmetic skulls (creeper, skeleton, zombie, and steve) to any soul brave enough to steal from the skeleton kingdom. there are guards (don't kill them or i will hurt you) so gl finding a way past them

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Have any of you guys tried Pixelmon? http://pixelmonmod.com/blog/

Me and a few friends tried it a few days ago and it's actually surprisingly good. Some of the battle mechanics aren't all there (Encore doesn't work, no priority etc) and some of the spawners still spawn MC enemies, but the overall game works pretty well. They have the original 151 inserted already (with some awesome and some terrible models) and the ability to ride/fly on certain Pokemon. There are a splattering of Pokemon from the other gens too, Miltank, Trapinch and Sandile to name a few. PC Boxes work, there are Poke Centers which house healing machines and trading machines. You can build a fossil reviver and get *all* of the fossil mon if you are lucky enough (I am yet to find ANY of the fossil Pokemon).

A nice touch is that Pokemon can be of varying sizes, so you can find teeny tiny Seels and also larger seels. This doesnt seem to effect anything but a visual cue. My Squirtle seemed small when i first got it, and even my Blastoise does compared to my friends Charizard... All the instructions on how to install the mod are on the wiki. :)

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
has anyone seen grumbler's donkey?
IT WASN'T ME I SWEAR

EDIT: Now that I actually have time to make a coherent post, there's a bug that Dinnerbone says has been fixed. Namely, animals escaping their pens. Last tint I was on the server, one of Grumbler's horses was loose, and tennis' horse had clipped through the walls of the stable. Maybe the same thing happened to the donkey, and it wandered away?

Last edited:

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
TREE TINGS
+ Hi it's me, grib. I forgot Smogon was a thing.
+ Dunkey plays an OO:SoS derivative. When is our god returning to us, (son of OO:SoS = 2:SoS) ??
+ I have never owned a donkey, I had one black horse w/ dark spots but he's back now (ty sal). Also I recently bred a mule. His name is Lump. The horse is named Pantone 19-3909TCX and both are really average statistics-wise (plz dont steal my OCs [again]!!!).

A FOURTH DECLARATION
+ NEW:SoS needs more cobble imo.

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok some thoughts from a boy who played some two:sos last night as the mother:

-Cobble comes too quickly and too much, even when our machine stopped dispensing we could have played for much longer, we never really needed to use any other blocks for bridging at all.
-Maybe make a node behind the planet that has a command block to start the cobble supply? Ideally it's just something like 32 blocks behind the planet so that someone could start getting enough dirt. It would also solve the weird way we started the machines.
-Is there less coal or is it just me?
-I have no idea how many arrows should be available on the map but we had a ton
-Enjoy the new tree meta guys, plant your trees everywhere, let them grow for centuries. Home planet is now a forest.

EDIT: Young Xaqwais was kind enough to reupload original smogcraft: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxRtKlRYmcOfY18tQkZKZDlJUEk/edit

Last edited:
Hi smogcraft.

I've been hosting my own little vanilla server at a cheap german provider for a couple of weeks now, and it's running really smooth, lag-free 99% of the time, online 24/7, and I'm playing on there with 4 RL friends at the moment.

I thought about this for a while, so here I am: I know you guys restarted smogcraft on Sal's private server, but how many of you would be interested in playing on a real server again? This is not meant to be a dick move against you Sal, you'd probably save a bunch of power by not having to leave your PC on every night. Tell me what you think about it guys.

A little info about my server:
- 2 GB of RAM dedicated, so far has proven to be more than enough and provides 40 player slots.
- Currently running vanilla 1.6.2, nobody has ventured out too far yet because I told them not to, I want 1.7 terrain to be as close as possible when it's coming out. I might even cut out some border chunks before the release of 1.7 to make the terrain border prettier and the new terrain overall closer.
- Spawn has yet to be made pretty; however, we already have an Iron Trench built that provides 1600 iron / hour, so plenty there to get everyone started quickly. A friend of mine named "TFXX" is responsible for spawn design in the future and has his base set up there, but is of course willing to collaborate with anyone who has ideas regarding making a town. Center of the spawn town will be a giant Iron Golem statue just because we can. Wooden doors are forbidden within a marked out area because they will disturb the functionality of the Iron Trench.
- My own base is centered around a Witch Farm, currently running at around 98% efficiency with all caves lit up and surface flooded in a roughly 270x270 area. It sorts the drops into chests automatically and the whole farm turns itself off once all chests are filled up. Take any items out of the chests and the farm starts spawning Witches again to fill them back up. Of course, everybody is allowed to grab stuff from the chests, just don't take it all.
- Aside from that, we have a Blaze farm for relatively quick leveling.
- The map is almost brand-new, it was generated in 1.6.2 when I started the server. Horses have yet to be found, but like I said, we didn't venture out too far yet.
- The server creates backups automatically, but so far we didn't need any of them because it has yet to crash.
- I also do manual backups of the map on a somewhat regular basis and save the on my hard drive.

The only server rules are:
- Stay as close to spawn as possible because of 1.7 terrain.
- No wooden doors close to spawn.
- The dragon is still alive, don't solo it. Will be a community event later on.
- A Wither also has yet to be killed, I'm planning to do that as a community event as well.

I will be on vacation for the next 2 weeks, but I will be able to check this thread every once in a while. Tell me what you think! Of course I'd understand if you don't want to give up the map you have on Sal's server, but I think bringing smogcraft back to life on a real server would be awesome.

I didn't even know the server was down. Back up.

EDIT: The banquet will be at the Royal hall this Saturday at 1 PM PST. There will be free drinks and exp.

Last edited:

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Kinneasland theme park greeted its first paying customer today

Full diamond zombie

He paid with his life (and a neat diamond helmet)

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
SMOALCRAFT UP-D8:

I don't know what dumb (BAN ME PLEASE) hopped on, but somebody stashed some of their shit in my chests (which were organized you chaotic-aligned motherfucker) a sheep got loose, half of matt's shit is missing, my skeleton-obtained infinity bow is gone, all the wheat/hay and pumpkins were taken (food &c. in that chest was free but some douchebag was real greedy), and also tennis' horse is missing again, which is the fastest on the server (I got this handy horse stat reading mod [That horse was 88/100 speed!], and I've been wanting to breed it for lots of speedy horsies but horse breeding is random and strange right now). I reigned in a stray horse with a saddle from the bay near Pingu's bridge though. It's a white horse with black speckles named Daphne who's now sitting in the public stable Shii built. Anyone else see any shit?

Last edited:

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
; _ ; why do my horses keep disappearing

rip sarah jessica parker and david hasslehoof or whatever i named the second one idr

I found the person who stole everything. I can also bring your horses back from a previous map if we're unable to find it through normal means. I'll try and give you guys your stuff back.

I was wondering what had happened to my horse, BigRichie which was the second fastest on the server, it even had my iron armor :/
On another note: Anyone know how to get me back to 1.6.2? I cant get on because I'm on 1.6.4(i didnt even update it...)

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey Coolbiz,
The new launcher makes it pretty easy to switch between versions. Before you go in to Minecraft, click "Edit Profile" in the bottom left of the screen, then select "1.6.2" in the drop down menu.
Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be enough to reach the server for me. Still says "can't reach server". I hear a lot of people are having problems reaching servers at the moment, I'm not too sure what's going on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)