Duosion [QC: 0/3]

Blob of goop
(QC: 0/3)
[From: ]
(GP: 0/2)
[From: ]
[Overview]
  • Great late game sweeper
  • Amazing ability in Magic Guard, allowing it to take no residual damage whatsoever.
  • Good Trick Room setter.
  • Has decent bulk with investment and Eviolite.
  • Many other Psychic-Types in the tier and somewhat struggles to leave a mark.
  • Musharna does the same thing but with better bulk.
  • Horrible HP and is outspeed by almost everything in the tier when not under Trick Room.
  • Barren movepool.
[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Psychic
move 3: Signal Beam
move 4: Recover
item: Eviolite
ability: Magic Guard
nature: Bold
evs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Great late game sweeper and a great weapon against stall
  • Becomes bulky on the Special Side while also boosting its already outstanding Special Attack, and with Recovery allowing it to recover any damage taken, it becomes nearly unbreakable after it gets a few boosts
  • Boosts its already outstanding Special Attack to even further levels
  • Magic Guard allows it to not be worn down by residual damage.
  • Psychic/Bug get really good coverage together, hitting most of the tier for Super Effective or neutral damage.
  • Signal Beam nails the Psychic and Dark-types that resist Psychic.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

• EV's Provided allow it to be as bulky as possible on it's Defense.
  • Good partners include strong fighting and bug-types to kill off the Pursuit and sucker punch users that really hurt Duosion, some examples could be Sawk or Scolipede.
  • Forming a Fighting-Dark-Psychic core will create a very strong core.
  • Gurdurr makes a very powerful core in conjunction with this set, being able to handle the dark-types and bug-types, Throh too can perform the similarly, but not quite as well.
  • Hidden Power Ground and Shadow Ball could be used for coverage, but everything gets hit just as well by Psychic/Bug, however there are some exceptions, such as Bastiodon and Probopass who will no longer wall Duosion if it chooses to run Hidden Power Ground, while Shadow Ball can be used to defeat Misdreavus who often carry taunt.
  • Life Orb could be used for extra power, but Eviolite makes Duosion even harder to break through.
  • Be careful on what you set up on, some pokemon might set up back.
  • Taunt really hurts Duosion's power and will make it not very powerful without the boosts under its belt.
  • Before setting up, make sure Pokemon that it just cannot beat, such as Skuntank and other Dark-types who force Duosion out, are removed before attempting to sweep.
  • Psyshock is usable to make sort of a mixed attacker, but after enough boosts Psychic will plow down Special walls or be forced to switch at walls it simply cannot beat like Bastiodion.

[SET]
name: Trick Room Offense
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Psychic
move 3: Signal Beam
move 4: Hidden Power Ground / Recover
item: Eviolite
ability: Magic Guard
nature: Quiet
evs: evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
ivs: 3 Speed
[SET COMMENTS]
  • Serves as a better standalone Trick Room sweeper.
  • Under Trick Room, becomes one of the fastest Pokemon in the tier.
  • Very potent special attacker.
  • 3 Speed IV's allow it to be as slow as possible while retaining a 70 BP Hidden Power.
  • Signal Beam is mandatory to really pack a punch on Dark-Types.
  • Recover can replace the Hidden Powers for increased longevity.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • EV Spread provides as much bulk as possible, while also giving Duosion as much power as can be.
  • IV's should be set at 3 Speed IV's to have 70 BP Hidden Power Ground
  • Good partners include slow pokemon such as Golurk, Guts Ursaring, and Marowak, who are can make use of the few turns they get with Trick Room up, but most of the time it is too risky and won't end up achieving what you wish for it to. Gurdurr is an exception to this as it benefits from trick room, and has the ability to pick off the dark types that are troublesome to duosion.
  • EV's are fairly simple, allow it to have as much power and bulk, while being as slow as possible.
  • IV's should be set at 3 Speed IV's to have 70 BP Hidden Power Ground
  • Eviolite is the preferred item to add much needed bulk.
  • Taunt really hurts it by not allowing it to effectively set up Trick Room.
  • Life Orb is a viable option as it provides some extra power, but the loss in bulk is very noticable.
252+ SpA Duosion Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Skuntank: 244-288 (70.11 - 82.75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock. Duosion however gets 2HKO'd by Sucker Punch and will move after it gets hit because of Sucker Punches priority. Make sure some prior damage has been done to Skuntank before you attempt to sweep.
  • Trick Room has a -6 Priority, so be sure it can survive a hit from whatever it is trying to set it up on.
[Other Options]
  • It can use defensive Trick Room set to make a dedicated to a full Trick Room team, but usually Trick Room teams are not very effective.
  • A Trick+Orb set looks good on paper, but it really doesn't work as effectively as it sounds.
  • Energy Ball, Thunder, and Hidden Power Fighting could all be used as coverage moves but they don't hit anything significantly for better coverage than Bug/Psychic combo.
  • Magic Coat could be useful to reflect hazards or status, but no one is really that stupid to use a status on Duosion and Duosion has much better things to do in it's time on the battlefield.
  • Acid Armor, which can make it very bulky on the Physical side, but it really is gimmicky at best
  • It gets Dual Screens, but Gardevoir is usually better at setting these up due to its higher speed.
  • Thunder Wave can cripple some things to help some of the other pokemon on your team, but Trick Room cripples fast pokemon just as much.
  • Regenerator could be used, but is inferior to Magic Guard in just about every way.
[Checks and Counters]
  • The #1 counter to Duosion is Mandibuzz, who can Taunt, Whirlwind, and wear down Duosion with Foul Play, all the meanwhile taking nothing at all from Duosion's attacks.
  • In similar vane as Mandibuzz, Skuntank can also Taunt Duosion and threaten it with it's STABs, but it is 2HKO'd by Hidden Power Ground, so it is considered a check at best. Scraggy also takes nothing from any of Duosion's attacks, and can boost alongside it.
  • Scolipede can easily destroy it with STAB Megahorn, in a similar boat, Pinsir can gain a free Moxie boost by knocking out Duosion easily with X-Scissor.
  • Powerful Sucker Punches from the likes of Shiftry and Cacturne are also the death of Duosion.
  • Liepard shuts down all of Duosion's sets through Encore mainly, while also having Taunt and Dark STABs to pick off Duosion, however it does take a lot from Signal Beam.
  • Bastiodon deserves a mention because it can Roar away Duosion while taking nothing at all from even boosted attacks.
  • Bugs and ghost-types such as Haunter, Golurk, and Missy all have trouble switching into Duosion, but most of them can proceed to knock out Duosion.
  • Special walls such as Audino, Lickilicky, and Probopass all take nothing from any of Duosions attacks, while Audino and Lickilicky can recover their health and even stall out Duosion and attacking with their moves also.
  • Generally offensive teams give it trouble as they don't allow it to set up.
  • Trick also renders Duosion as it steals away Duosion's precious Eviolite.
  • Taunt also prevents it from setting up, rendering it useless.
  • It should be noted that Steel-Types completely wall it if it is lacking the correct hidden power.
  • Physical Samurott is very threatening and can easily defeat Duosion with Megahorn.
  • U-Turn weakness, along with a Pursuit weakness, is also very troublesome.

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
My 2 cents :)

[Overview]
  • Great Special Attack.
  • Powerful wallbreaker.
Put these together.

• Above average Defenses when holding Eviolite.
  • Horrible HP.
  • Bulk isn't outstanding, but still usable.
  • Forced to use Eviolite in order to survive attacks.
These lines doesn't work out to be honest, since you say that Eviolite gives it above average bulk, then that its bulk isn't good. I would try to fix this.

• Kadabra is the more powerful wallbreaker with the exact same ability that aids Duosion.
Delete this, Kadabra and Duosion have completly different roles.

[SET]

Since you mention Psychic>Psyshock in the comments, I would slash Psychic first. I wouldn't put Regenerator on this set since Magic Guard seems way better, but I have near no experience with Regenerator so I can't say much.

[SET COMMENTS]

• Life Orb is the preferred item to add more fire-power.
  • Taunt really hurts it by not allowing it to effectively set up Trick Room.
Put this in AC.

• Still not really that bulky even with Eviolite, but can be used to make it able to take a few hits.
  • The weak Hidden Power won't be doing too much.
I would remove this.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

• Good partners include slow pokemon such as Rampardos or Golem, who can be very threatening under Trick Room.
  • Hidden Power [Fire] is a usable move to muscle past Steel-Types such as Metang and Klang, but Hidden Power [Fighting] is better for coverage to beat the more common Steel-Types, Bastiodon and Probopass.
Remove this. Hidden Power Fire doesn't had much in coverage since Hidden Power Ground or Fighting are better options anyways.
Change the slow partners to Marowak, Exeggutor, Guts Ursaring, and more. (Not familiar with most TR mons)

• Psychic is preferred over Psyshock to deal more damage, but Psyshock is usable to be a sort of mixed attacker.
Put this in SET COMMENTS.

[Checks and Counters]

Add Liepard and Mixed Samurott with Megahorn. You could also add that the weakness to U-Turn can be troublesome.

My 2 cents :)

[Overview]

Put these together.

These lines doesn't work out to be honest, since you say that Eviolite gives it above average bulk, then that its bulk isn't good. I would try to fix this.

Delete this, Kadabra and Duosion have completly different roles.

[SET]

Since you mention Psychic>Psyshock in the comments, I would slash Psychic first. I wouldn't put Regenerator on this set since Magic Guard seems way better, but I have near no experience with Regenerator so I can't say much.

[SET COMMENTS]

Put this in AC.

I would remove this.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

Remove this. Hidden Power Fire doesn't had much in coverage since Hidden Power Ground or Fighting are better options anyways.
Change the slow partners to Marowak, Exeggutor, Guts Ursaring, and more. (Not familiar with most TR mons)

Put this in SET COMMENTS.

[Checks and Counters]

Add Liepard and Mixed Samurott with Megahorn. You could also add that the weakness to U-Turn can be troublesome.
Thanks for your help! I have added these changes :)

why is CM OO? It should be like the first set, its the best part about duosion!
Yeah, Calm Mind / Recover / Psychic / Signal Beam is like hands down its best set.
I am going to be completely honest, I see Trick Room as more valuable. It allows Duosion to be very fast when it is up, while it is still easily killed off by a lot of pokemon. Calm Mind is more useful on Kadabra in my opinion, as it gets Encore and can easily set up while retaining its quickness, Gardevoir being the other amazing Calm Mind user. Duosion really won't be able to effectively be a slow sweeper unless under Trick Room, it just doesn't have sufficient bulk. This set's EV's in conjunction with Eviolite give it 334 HP / 202 Defense / 234 Special Defense, compared to 340 HP / 167 Defense / 266 Special Defense, the difference being that Gardevoir can hold Leftovers, not to mention that it gets Focus Blast instead of HP [fighting] for coverage. This is personally my opinion, I am not a huge fan of CM Duosion. But, if I must add it I will. Trick Room has to stay in my opinion.

CM is great on duosion as it has bulk(*cough* KADABRA *cough*) and magic guard, which means it can just shrug of a toxic and be a huge pain to stall teams.

CM is great on duosion as it has bulk(*cough* KADABRA *cough*) and magic guard, which means it can just shrug of a toxic and be a huge pain to stall teams.

Surprisingly, Kadabra has a better Special Defense than Duosion, and only a twenty difference on Defense. The HP however, you got me there. But still, don't say Kadabra isn't bulky, it is somewhat on the Special side, even though its low HP will hinder it.

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Ok let me clarify something: Kadabra and Duosion doesn't have the same role. Kadabra usually uses its speed to revenge kill threats with a Focus Sash, making it a great revenge killer if you need to remove an opponent's faster Pokemon. It can also run Life Orb to do a lot of damages. Duosion, however, is mainly used for its CM set, which can dismantle Stall by itself with little support to remove Mandibuzz and any Steel-type, and as a Trick Room sweeper to use its awsome base Special Attack and decent bulk with Eviolite to set up Trick Room against a plethora(?) of bulky Pokemon.

Ok let me clarify something: Kadabra and Duosion doesn't have the same role. Kadabra usually uses its speed to revenge kill threats with a Focus Sash, making it a great revenge killer if you need to remove an opponent's faster Pokemon. It can also run Life Orb to do a lot of damages. Duosion, however, is mainly used for its CM set, which can dismantle Stall by itself with little support to remove Mandibuzz and any Steel-type, and as a Trick Room sweeper to use its awsome base Special Attack and decent bulk with Eviolite to set up Trick Room against a plethora(?) of bulky Pokemon.

That is true. I think that I really just need to remove the bias for Kadabra, because I am one of the seldom people who runs Encore/Calm Mind/Psyshock/Signal Beam Kadabra. In my opinion it works very well.

I will re-write this tomorrow, it is 4:12 AM Here and I have school tomorrow, so I really should get to sleep.

You're definitely underestimating the potential CM Duosion has in NU. Many teams are weak to it without even knowing it (I've experienced this first hand and was appalled at how this miniscule blob holds the ability to sweep a team of Pokemon 10x its size) and it's probably one of the most underrated threats in the metagame.

You can't even compare this to Kadabra, there's no logical justification for it. They each play completely differently. Kadabra doesn't even have an actual Calm Mind set because there's just no way it can set it up without being OHKOed (or hanging on that Focus Sash) due to its extreme frailty (40/30/70). Kadabra is best at revenge killing with its Speed, Magic Guard + Focus Sash, and high Special Attack. Now let's consider Duosion, who packs a defensive spread of (65/50/60), far better than Kadabra. Kadabra's high Special Defense is held back by that disgusting base 40 HP, meaning Duosion actually takes special hits better than Kadabra does because it's investing 252 HP EVs in HP (Kadabra doesn't do this), and its lower Special Defense is still accommodated for by Calm Mind as well. With that overall bulk, Duosion can find itself setting up against tons of Pokemon that might surprise you and survives strong physical super effective attacks (Skuntank's Crunch does ~55%, non-LO Scolipede's Megahorn does ~71%, Golurk's Iron Fist Shadow Punch does ~59%, etc). Most importantly, Duosion has access to Recover, something Kadabra dreams to have, meaning it has significantly more longevity and makes it even harder to kill when it gets some Calm Mind boosts. It also destroys stall teams that lack Taunt Mandibuzz.

The set needs to be on there and it needs to be ahead of its Trick Room set. It's the best and arguably most threatening set Duosion can pull off.

EDIT: Yeah I guess it does get Recover (sorry I've never seen it used so I just assumed) but that doesn't change the fact that it can't actually use Recover effectively with those defenses.

Last edited:
You're definitely underestimating the potential CM Duosion has in NU. Many teams are weak to it without even knowing it (I've experienced this first hand and was appalled at how this miniscule blob holds the ability to sweep a team of Pokemon 10x its size) and it's probably one of the most underrated threats in the metagame.

You can't even compare this to Kadabra, there's no logical justification for it. They each play completely differently. Kadabra doesn't even have an actual Calm Mind set because there's just no way it can set it up without being OHKOed (or hanging on that Focus Sash) due to its extreme frailty (40/30/70). Kadabra is best at revenge killing with its Speed, Magic Guard + Focus Sash, and high Special Attack. Now let's consider Duosion, who packs a defensive spread of (65/50/60), far better than Kadabra. Kadabra's high Special Defense is held back by that disgusting base 40 HP, meaning Duosion actually takes special hits better than Kadabra does because it's investing 252 HP EVs in HP (Kadabra doesn't do this), and its lower Special Defense is still accommodated for by Calm Mind as well. With that overall bulk, Duosion can find itself setting up against tons of Pokemon that might surprise you and survives strong physical super effective attacks (Skuntank's Crunch does ~55%, non-LO Scolipede's Megahorn does ~71%, Golurk's Iron Fist Shadow Punch does ~59%, etc). Most importantly, Duosion has access to Recover, something Kadabra dreams to have, meaning it has significantly more longevity and makes it even harder to kill when it gets some Calm Mind boosts. It also destroys stall teams that lack Taunt Mandibuzz.

The set needs to be on there and it needs to be ahead of its Trick Room set. It's the best and arguably most threatening set Duosion can pull off.

Ok, thank you for the input, I will add it very soon. By the way, Kadabra does have Recover, so it doesn't need to dream :P

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I agree with everyone who says that CM should be > TR.

The TR set shouldn't be running Life Orb, as Eviolite (and Magic Guard) is the main reason to run Duosion over say, Beheyeem. Regenerator shouldn't be mentioned anywhere except maybe in OO to say how it's an inferior option to Magic Guard. Also, move HP Fighting to AC, and slash Recover in with HP Ground. HP Fighting doesn't get any additional coverage that HP Ground + Signal Beam doesn't except like... Scraggy.

Edit: i'll do a full qc check once you add the CM set etc, i see a lot more mistakes but this is just to get some big stuff out of the way first.

I agree with everyone who says that CM should be > TR.

The TR set shouldn't be running Life Orb, as Eviolite (and Magic Guard) is the main reason to run Duosion over say, Beheyeem. Regenerator shouldn't be mentioned anywhere except maybe in OO to say how it's an inferior option to Magic Guard. Also, move HP Fighting to AC, and slash Recover in with HP Ground. HP Fighting doesn't get any additional coverage that HP Ground + Signal Beam doesn't except like... Scraggy.

Edit: i'll do a full qc check once you add the CM set etc, i see a lot more mistakes but this is just to get some big stuff out of the way first.

I added the Calm Mind set, is this how you wanted it? I personally am not very familiar with the set, so any changes are open :)

I think that the Calm Mind set absolutely needs Eviolite, as Duosion is frail and it eases the setup a lot. As Duosion isn't hindered by Poison or Burn, it's hard to beat after it gets a few boosts.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok, first the EVs should be formatted: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA for the CM set and 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA for the Eviolite set. You can remove the IVs for HP Fighting as well (get rid of the unnecessary commentary there before you write it up too obviously). For the record, I also feel the CM set is Duosion's best set. This skeleton needs to be cleaned up before it can go through QC.

[Overview]
  • Some of these points are either inaccurate or unnecessary. Points 1 and 4 are the same thing and should instead be saying that Duosion is a great late game sweeper
  • Point 2 should simply talk about Magic Guard since it is the only ability worth using on Duosion, and emphasis should be put on its ability to make Duosion a powerful weapon against stall teams
  • It's bulk may not be amazing, but it is surprisingly decent with Eviolite and investment so make that more positive please
  • You can merge lines 6 and 7 to say that Jynx and Gardevoir outclass it as offensive Psychic-types while Musharna is bulkier and has the advantage of Leftovers and more support options
  • Lines 8 and 9 can be merged to just say that it has low HP and poor Speed outside of Trick Room, but this is more important for the write-up than for the skeleton
[Calm Mind]
  • Psyshock should really be moved to AC as you don't give any compelling reasons to keep it as a slash, and CM Duosion can either set up and overwhelm special walls or else get forced out regardless (especially against something like Bastiodon)
  • The nature should be Bold as Calm Mind makes the extra power irrelevant (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but even so I feel like Bold is more important).
[SET COMMENTS]
  • The first point should be about what the set does, which is act as a late game cleaner as well as a potent weapon against stall
  • Add in to the point about Recover that it also makes full use of Duosion's decent bulk
  • EV mentions should be in AC so move that there (even if it didn't, it makes no sense where it is positioned)
  • Lines 2 and 5 should be merged to talk about the effects of Calm Mind
  • The last two points should be switched around, and the Psyshock mention is unnecessary
  • Signal Beam deserves its own point with a mention that it hits both Psychic and Dark-types
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • EV mention goes here and should be the first point
  • The last 3 points don't belong here, at best they go in C&C
  • Remove the point about Life Orb, this set needs Eviolite to be a bulky set-up sweeper
  • Move Thunder to OO, why is it even here?
  • Skuntank and maybe even other Dark-types needs a mention as they at least check the opposing Psychic and Ghost-types that are problematic for Duosion to try and set up on. Beating Perish Song Misdreavus is particularly beneficial as the ghost is one of the few members of a stall team that can stop Duosion if it is the last Pokemon left on your team. It also is worth mentioning that alongside Fighting-types they form a classic Fighting-Dark-Psychic core.
  • Make a mention of Gurdurr alongside Throh as it does the same thing
[Trick Room Support]
  • I'd rename the set [Trick Room] or [Offensive Trick Room] since this set is better off as a standalone TR sweeper. Trick Room teams are rather gimmicky and there is no point trying to act as if they aren't
  • Again, you really should have a better reason for Psyshock being on the set since you end up doing less damage to the more common physically defensive Pokemon and will either still have trouble with certain special defensive Pokes (Bastiodon, Lickilicky who Protect stall) or have a coverage move to hit them harder (Gardevoir and Bastiodon if you use HP Ground). I'd personally say it should be in AC, but that decision I'll leave to the rest of QC
  • Like I said, ditch the IVs for HP Fighting
[SET COMMENTS]
  • There isn't a point in mentioning that it is a potent special attacker, that's the whole point of this being a set at all. At best I would mention it with Life Orb only
  • Magic Guard point goes in AC
  • You don't need to mention HP Fighting in the point about HP Ground, but mention that Ground hits Metang as well as the other Steel-types
  • Psychic and Signal Beam points should go before Hidden Power (in the order you list them as on the set)
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • EVs and IVs should be first before teammates
  • Remove line 5
  • Move the Recover point to Set Comments
  • Eviolite is the preferred item as Duosion appreciates the bulk to survive setting up Trick Room so it needs a mention
  • Life Orb should have slightly less emphasis, but mention that it works well with Magic Guard to give Duosion amazing special power with few drawbacks
  • Last point should be removed, you don't need to talk about weaknesses unless it is to explain why a certain teammate would be beneficial
  • You don't need to emphasize other slow sweepers that benefit from Trick Room because you shouldn't be encouraging Trick Room teams quite so much. Just say that they can make use of the Trick Room turns that remain
  • You need more teammates regardless, and perhaps look into what KOs a particular hazard may help you achieve as well
[Other Options]
  • Calm Mind is its best set, so obviously the first point needs to go
  • Mention a defensive Trick Room set to support a dedicated Trick Room team here
  • Trick and Flame Orb I guess? Duosion doesn't have that much else
[Checks and Counters]
  • Make counter #1 Mandibuzz as it can either Taunt it or Whirlwind it out, and just continuously wear it down with Foul Play
  • Skuntank is more of a good check, as it can take a HP Ground and threaten Duosion with its STAB Dark mvoes and can Taunt it as well
  • Other Dark-types are better off as checks as they have trouble taking Signal Beam or HP Ground
  • Explain why Liepard shuts down all of its sets (Encore being the main reason, a possible Taunt, and having STAB Dark moves being others)
  • Bastiodon needs a special mention as a counter to the CM set (and can check the OTR set) as, unless Duosion is the last mon, it can Roar it out and take little from even its boosted attacks
  • Bugs and Ghost-types have trouble switching in, but they can threaten Duosion with their STABs(though I don't think any of them can easily OHKO the CM set without a boost except maybe Haunter) so the point(s) should emphasize them as offensive checks (to the CM set mostly) rather than counters
  • Most specially defensive Pokemon can outstall the Trick Room set with their recovery (think along the lines of Lickilicky and Audino for the most part) and can even wear Duosion down with their STAB moves if it lacks Recover
  • Mention Trick as a problem as Duosion relies on Eviolite for bulk
Make these changes and I or another QC member will look over this again

Ok, first the EVs should be formatted: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA for the CM set and 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA for the Eviolite set. You can remove the IVs for HP Fighting as well (get rid of the unnecessary commentary there before you write it up too obviously). For the record, I also feel the CM set is Duosion's best set. This skeleton needs to be cleaned up before it can go through QC.

[Overview]
  • Some of these points are either inaccurate or unnecessary. Points 1 and 4 are the same thing and should instead be saying that Duosion is a great late game sweeper
  • Point 2 should simply talk about Magic Guard since it is the only ability worth using on Duosion, and emphasis should be put on its ability to make Duosion a powerful weapon against stall teams
  • It's bulk may not be amazing, but it is surprisingly decent with Eviolite and investment so make that more positive please
  • You can merge lines 6 and 7 to say that Jynx and Gardevoir outclass it as offensive Psychic-types while Musharna is bulkier and has the advantage of Leftovers and more support options
  • Lines 8 and 9 can be merged to just say that it has low HP and poor Speed outside of Trick Room, but this is more important for the write-up than for the skeleton
[Calm Mind]
  • Psyshock should really be moved to AC as you don't give any compelling reasons to keep it as a slash, and CM Duosion can either set up and overwhelm special walls or else get forced out regardless (especially against something like Bastiodon)
  • The nature should be Bold as Calm Mind makes the extra power irrelevant (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but even so I feel like Bold is more important).
[SET COMMENTS]
  • The first point should be about what the set does, which is act as a late game cleaner as well as a potent weapon against stall
  • Add in to the point about Recover that it also makes full use of Duosion's decent bulk
  • EV mentions should be in AC so move that there (even if it didn't, it makes no sense where it is positioned)
  • Lines 2 and 5 should be merged to talk about the effects of Calm Mind
  • The last two points should be switched around, and the Psyshock mention is unnecessary
  • Signal Beam deserves its own point with a mention that it hits both Psychic and Dark-types
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • EV mention goes here and should be the first point
  • The last 3 points don't belong here, at best they go in C&C
  • Remove the point about Life Orb, this set needs Eviolite to be a bulky set-up sweeper
  • Move Thunder to OO, why is it even here?
  • Skuntank and maybe even other Dark-types needs a mention as they at least check the opposing Psychic and Ghost-types that are problematic for Duosion to try and set up on. Beating Perish Song Misdreavus is particularly beneficial as the ghost is one of the few members of a stall team that can stop Duosion if it is the last Pokemon left on your team. It also is worth mentioning that alongside Fighting-types they form a classic Fighting-Dark-Psychic core.
  • Make a mention of Gurdurr alongside Throh as it does the same thing
[Trick Room Support]
  • I'd rename the set [Trick Room] or [Offensive Trick Room] since this set is better off as a standalone TR sweeper. Trick Room teams are rather gimmicky and there is no point trying to act as if they aren't
  • Again, you really should have a better reason for Psyshock being on the set since you end up doing less damage to the more common physically defensive Pokemon and will either still have trouble with certain special defensive Pokes (Bastiodon, Lickilicky who Protect stall) or have a coverage move to hit them harder (Gardevoir and Bastiodon if you use HP Ground). I'd personally say it should be in AC, but that decision I'll leave to the rest of QC
  • Like I said, ditch the IVs for HP Fighting
[SET COMMENTS]
  • There isn't a point in mentioning that it is a potent special attacker, that's the whole point of this being a set at all. At best I would mention it with Life Orb only
  • Magic Guard point goes in AC
  • You don't need to mention HP Fighting in the point about HP Ground, but mention that Ground hits Metang as well as the other Steel-types
  • Psychic and Signal Beam points should go before Hidden Power (in the order you list them as on the set)
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • EVs and IVs should be first before teammates
  • Remove line 5
  • Move the Recover point to Set Comments
  • Eviolite is the preferred item as Duosion appreciates the bulk to survive setting up Trick Room so it needs a mention
  • Life Orb should have slightly less emphasis, but mention that it works well with Magic Guard to give Duosion amazing special power with few drawbacks
  • Last point should be removed, you don't need to talk about weaknesses unless it is to explain why a certain teammate would be beneficial
  • You don't need to emphasize other slow sweepers that benefit from Trick Room because you shouldn't be encouraging Trick Room teams quite so much. Just say that they can make use of the Trick Room turns that remain
  • You need more teammates regardless, and perhaps look into what KOs a particular hazard may help you achieve as well
[Other Options]
  • Calm Mind is its best set, so obviously the first point needs to go
  • Mention a defensive Trick Room set to support a dedicated Trick Room team here
  • Trick and Flame Orb I guess? Duosion doesn't have that much else
[Checks and Counters]
  • Make counter #1 Mandibuzz as it can either Taunt it or Whirlwind it out, and just continuously wear it down with Foul Play
  • Skuntank is more of a good check, as it can take a HP Ground and threaten Duosion with its STAB Dark mvoes and can Taunt it as well
  • Other Dark-types are better off as checks as they have trouble taking Signal Beam or HP Ground
  • Explain why Liepard shuts down all of its sets (Encore being the main reason, a possible Taunt, and having STAB Dark moves being others)
  • Bastiodon needs a special mention as a counter to the CM set (and can check the OTR set) as, unless Duosion is the last mon, it can Roar it out and take little from even its boosted attacks
  • Bugs and Ghost-types have trouble switching in, but they can threaten Duosion with their STABs(though I don't think any of them can easily OHKO the CM set without a boost except maybe Haunter) so the point(s) should emphasize them as offensive checks (to the CM set mostly) rather than counters
  • Most specially defensive Pokemon can outstall the Trick Room set with their recovery (think along the lines of Lickilicky and Audino for the most part) and can even wear Duosion down with their STAB moves if it lacks Recover
  • Mention Trick as a problem as Duosion relies on Eviolite for bulk
Make these changes and I or another QC member will look over this again

Added all of these changes. Thank you ^^

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Formatting issues:

-You still have the EVs wrong. 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA on the CM set, 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA on the TR set. It's important because if it isn't formatted correctly, the SCMS will parse it wrong on upload.
-Hidden Power [Ground] should just be Hidden Power Ground, no brackets.

CM Set AC:

-Adding Misdreavus does not form a Fighting-Dark-Psychic core, since Misdreavus isn't a Dark-type.
-Give Gurdurr the main mention over Throh, it's more relevant to the metagame.
-Mention what Hidden Power Ground and Shadow Ball hit harder: Steel-types for Hidden Power Ground (like Probopass) or Ghost-types for Shadow Ball (like opposing Misdreavus who carry Taunt commonly).
-The last point is kinda unnecessary, since obviously after a couple boosts anything can sweep late-game.

TR Set:

-Remove Life Orb from the set. Beheyeem is better off as it's bulkier and just as strong when using Life Orb. Eviolite is why people should use Duosion.
-Move the mention of Skuntank to AC, and say that Sucker Punch still allows Skuntank to go before Duosion even in Trick Room. You can live one Sucker Punch with Eviolite at least if you're at full health, but HP Ground won't OHKO either. Make sure Skuntank is weakened before you try to sweep etc.

TR Set AC:

-Mention Golurk > Rampardos, it's more relevant to the metagame. Also mention Gurdurr, which can both take advantage of TR and damage Dark-types so that they're easily taken out late-game.
-Mention that Trick Room has -6 priority, so make sure Duosion can survive whatever hit is coming in order to set it up.
-Don't mention SR support unless it gives specific OHKOs. If it does get some specific KOs, list them.

Other Options:
-Group together all the coverage moves you have listed like Thunder, Energy Ball, and Hidden Power Fighting into something like "Has x, y, and z, as coverage options, but they don't give as good coverage as Psychic + Bug."
-Remove Rest and Pain Split, they're useless.
-Remove Psyshock, you already mentioned it in a set.
-Remove Confuse Ray, relying on hax isn't really "viable".
-Remove Endeavor/FEAR, it's really a gimmick.
-Full TR teams aren't frowned upon, they're just generally not that effective. Remove that line.
-Give Magic Coat it's own mention aside from TR, but say that Duosion has better things to be doing.

Checks and Counters:
-Change mixed Samurott to Physical Samurott.
-Add Scraggy in with Skuntank, since it takes fuck all from Signal Beam without a significant number of boosts and can boost alongside it, then outspeed and KO with Crunch.
-Move Liepard to the top with the other Dark-types.
-Mention that in general offensive teams won't give Duosion a lot of room to set up as long if they keep hitting it.

Your name:
-Get it changed to something I can actually type or I'll have it changed for you >:C(

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
I've made a typo when suggesting Samurott in Checks and Counter (Mixed), but it still gets pretty much the same damage output using Physical or Mix so might aswell only mention that Samurott can easily KO it after a little bit of prior damage.

Formatting issues:

-You still have the EVs wrong. 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA on the CM set, 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA on the TR set. It's important because if it isn't formatted correctly, the SCMS will parse it wrong on upload.
-Hidden Power [Ground] should just be Hidden Power Ground, no brackets.

CM Set AC:

-Adding Misdreavus does not form a Fighting-Dark-Psychic core, since Misdreavus isn't a Dark-type.
-Give Gurdurr the main mention over Throh, it's more relevant to the metagame.
-Mention what Hidden Power Ground and Shadow Ball hit harder: Steel-types for Hidden Power Ground (like Probopass) or Ghost-types for Shadow Ball (like opposing Misdreavus who carry Taunt commonly).
-The last point is kinda unnecessary, since obviously after a couple boosts anything can sweep late-game.

TR Set:

-Remove Life Orb from the set. Beheyeem is better off as it's bulkier and just as strong when using Life Orb. Eviolite is why people should use Duosion.
-Move the mention of Skuntank to AC, and say that Sucker Punch still allows Skuntank to go before Duosion even in Trick Room. You can live one Sucker Punch with Eviolite at least if you're at full health, but HP Ground won't OHKO either. Make sure Skuntank is weakened before you try to sweep etc.

TR Set AC:

-Mention Golurk > Rampardos, it's more relevant to the metagame. Also mention Gurdurr, which can both take advantage of TR and damage Dark-types so that they're easily taken out late-game.
-Mention that Trick Room has -6 priority, so make sure Duosion can survive whatever hit is coming in order to set it up.
-Don't mention SR support unless it gives specific OHKOs. If it does get some specific KOs, list them.

Other Options:
-Group together all the coverage moves you have listed like Thunder, Energy Ball, and Hidden Power Fighting into something like "Has x, y, and z, as coverage options, but they don't give as good coverage as Psychic + Bug."
-Remove Rest and Pain Split, they're useless.
-Remove Psyshock, you already mentioned it in a set.
-Remove Confuse Ray, relying on hax isn't really "viable".
-Remove Endeavor/FEAR, it's really a gimmick.
-Full TR teams aren't frowned upon, they're just generally not that effective. Remove that line.
-Give Magic Coat it's own mention aside from TR, but say that Duosion has better things to be doing.

Checks and Counters:
-Change mixed Samurott to Physical Samurott.
-Add Scraggy in with Skuntank, since it takes fuck all from Signal Beam without a significant number of boosts and can boost alongside it, then outspeed and KO with Crunch.
-Move Liepard to the top with the other Dark-types.
-Mention that in general offensive teams won't give Duosion a lot of room to set up as long if they keep hitting it.

Your name:
-Get it changed to something I can actually type or I'll have it changed for you >:C(

Added.

P.S:
クレセリア
THERE LOL.

So, now is this ready for QC or does it still need changes?

tennisace

-You still haven't fixed all your formatting issues. The EVs are still wrong, and I see a ton of Hidden Power [Ground] references scattered throughout.
-In the TR set, you repeated the choice of Hidden Power Ground in set comments and AC. Remove it from AC.
-Also in the TR set, you repeat the point about Skuntank in both the set comments and AC. Remove it from Set Comments.
-In Other Options, remove your first bullet about Thunder on Rain teams. It's now redundant.

-You still haven't fixed all your formatting issues. The EVs are still wrong, and I see a ton of Hidden Power [Ground] references scattered throughout.
-In the TR set, you repeated the choice of Hidden Power Ground in set comments and AC. Remove it from AC.
-Also in the TR set, you repeat the point about Skuntank in both the set comments and AC. Remove it from Set Comments.
-In Other Options, remove your first bullet about Thunder on Rain teams. It's now redundant.
Ok, I am sorry, I feel like a complete idiot, could you fix the formatting for the EV? They are the same as you say or am I looking at it wrong?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)