Silly Things You Have Seen On the Ubers Ladder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareQuake

Banned deucer.
I've seen,
Flying Arceus;
Flying Landoros;
and Offensive Giratina-Alternate w/Ancient Power (which actually gave it the boost)
all in one match. And dude almost won too

I've seen,
Flying Arceus;
Flying Landoros;
and Offensive Giratina-Alternate w/Ancient Power (which actually gave it the boost)
all in one match. And dude almost won too
What do you mean by Flying Landorous? Landorous-Therian and Lano-Incarnate are both viable in ubers. Though Flying Arceus and Offensive Giratina-Alternate is p bad.

Rayquaza with Fly, Hyper Beam, Flamethrower, and Return, holding a Normal Gem.

Palkia with Aerial Ace, AncientPower, Double Team, and Bulldoze, holding an Aspear Berry.

Deoxys-A with Brick Break, Hidden Power Dark, Low Sweep, and Night Shade, holding a Fighting Gem.

Fuck you, humanity, I quit.

A few weeks ago I had some fun using a blatant troll team using top-tier strategies like SubPunch Leichi Berry Blissey, physically defensive Deoxys-A, SunnyBeam Groudon, and Swagger + Telekinesis Latias (the Latias that thinks it's a Liepard apparently!). The sadder part was that there seemed to be serious players who were genuinely worse than I was, and didn't have the sense to switch out their Dusknoir before it was 9HKOed by Blissey's Fire Punch.

Well, my friend pulled a prank on me and decided to switch my ladder from OU to Ubers (I really don't know anything about Ubers). I ended up sweeping with Dragonite, killing Reshiram, Rayquaza, Groudon, and Giratina. My Dragonite got killed by Zekrom with a focus sash (at that point, he had Kyogre and Zekrom left). Well, Zekrom was killed with Jolteon, but his Kyogre ended up having Giga Impact. Don't think it should have that...

Well, my friend pulled a prank on me and decided to switch my ladder from OU to Ubers (I really don't know anything about Ubers). I ended up sweeping with Dragonite, killing Reshiram, Rayquaza, Groudon, and Giratina. My Dragonite got killed by Zekrom with a focus sash (at that point, he had Kyogre and Zekrom left). Well, Zekrom was killed with Jolteon, but his Kyogre ended up having Giga Impact. Don't think it should have that...
No........ It most certainly shouldn't've had Giga impact.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, this thread is getting really pointless in terms of what is being said here. I'm going to remind you all to read the rules in the OP about what kind of posts we're looking for. Also, since people are just posting tiny little one-liners, half of which are questionable in what they're actually saying, you're now required to at least write three-four sentences highlighting your opinion on what you just presented. Don't just paste a log, comment on it in some sort of meaningful way.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Okay, this thread is getting really pointless in terms of what is being said here. I'm going to remind you all to read the rules in the OP about what kind of posts we're looking for. Also, since people are just posting tiny little one-liners, half of which are questionable in what they're actually saying, you're now required to at least write three-four sentences highlighting your opinion on what you just presented. Don't just paste a log, comment on it in some sort of meaningful way.
Ludicrous Example that actually happened:

I just saw someone using Red's team on the Ubers ladder. Why would anyone use this team in this metagame? Just because Red is the strongest trainer in the GS era does not mean his team will function well in a metagame full of legends. His "best Pokemon" is Snorlax, and even that isn't even an Uber. His other Pokemon rarely even see use in OU, besides Charizard, which everyone I fight seems to use.
As for the battle itself, I almost beat him handily with Tail Glow Manaphy in the rain after setting up with it, and even his Pikachu did a little more than 40% to it with its Volt Tackle. Did his Pikachu even have a Light Ball? Nope, as I somehow outsped it and brought it down to its Focus Band before it kamikaze'd. That's right, Focus Band. Unfortunately, I was too cocky and lost Manaphy to his Venusaur's Quick Claw Frenzy Plant. Later in the match, I used Air Slash against his Charizard with Skymin, it healed 20 of its HP with Berry Juice, then used Blast Burn (60% Flinch Rate my foot), which didn't kill for some reason (Thank you rain). He proceeded to ragequit, winning me the match.

I wonder how this battle started out since it wasn't a ladder match. Shaymin sky couldn't flinch, explosions everywhere. Pawniard would have been clutch if it had sucker punch. Among other things, hone claw arceus and protect darkrai. These are just some highlights more what is quite an amusing battle. Linked the full battle for your viewing convenience.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-52869313

Battle 1:

Jurf's team:
Nidoking / Jolteon / Sandslash / Crobat / Azumarill / Magmortar

All these huge threats, obviously all of these can sweep teams flat.

Turn 7

The foe's Jolteon used Quick Attack!
It doesn't affect Giratina-Origin...

Turn 10

The foe's Magmortar usedOverheat!
It's not very effective...Giratina-Origin lost13.9% of its health! (IN RAIN)

Now, something completely amazing, I have no idea what his logic is but:

Turn 12

The foe's Sandslash usedToxic!
Giratina-Origin was badly poisoned!

Turn 13

Giratina-Origin used Rest!
Giratina-Origin fell asleep!
Giratina-Origin slept and became healthy!

Turn 14

The foe's Sandslash usedToxic!

Battle 2: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-53066983 cannot be explained, just watch. (Also it's a troll alt so my rank is shit probably) Here's a little preview for the replay: Zigzagoon.

I read this thread and decided to create a new alt to see what I could find. I forfeited loads of battles to get down as low as i could and this is what i found:

Lead Aerodactyl with Stealth Rock, SUPERSONIC, and Toxic. Thing is, supersonic hit Kyogre first turn then got 2 turns of confusion. Also, a Metagross without Earthquake which tried to Bullet Punch my Ferrothorn to death.... and these were both on the same team.

An entire team of lower tier Calm Minders and random starters too - Clefable, Alakazam, Swampert, Meganium, Torterra.... another team which had Gigalith, Ampharos, Mismagius with Energy Ball, a mixed Scizor with Air Slash (which hit a crit on Kyogre first turn), Flash Cannon and X-Scissor, Garchomp with Dragon Rush, Blaziken with Bounce, which made me laugh so hard - you can see it here http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-53190801

Magmortar on a rain team with Kyogre, which he led with against my Kyogre to try to Thunderbolt and Earthquake it to death - and it was holding a Big Root o_O. The weird thing was that the rest of his team was completely Ubers or Ubers viable Pokemon.... but his Rayquaza had Dragon Tail, his Darkrai had Spacial Rend (which didn't even do half to Scarf Palkia), his Blissey tried to Flamethrower Ekiller in the rain, and whatever the item was, it wasn't leftovers...

A complete Ubers team except for... lead Regigigas, which tried to Earthquake and Avalance Kyogre to death, then set up Gravity before dying... thing is, i set up Calm Minds against it...

Haxorus with Focus Blast.

Mixed Arceus-Normal with Judgment and Ground Gem Earthquake...

Mewtwo with Drain Punch....

CHANSEY with Drain Punch... and no item...

But the best had to be Vespiquen with Roost, Substitute and Attack Order, which was in a team that also included Perishtrapping Mismagius, Seismitoed with Grass Knot, and a load of other stuff. I decided to boost to +6 with Kyogre just to see what movesets all these weird pokemon had.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)