Freezenlight's Art Thread

Hello Smogon, I’m Freezenlight and new here. After seeing some drawing at Smogon’s studio I really liked what I saw and felt a bit envious on how people drew so well. So I decided to attempt some drawings of my own, not sure if its any good. Hope you like it and constructive criticism on how to improve would be appreciated.

It would be nice if someone could give me tips on how people draw their own pokemon poses, im struggling with that a lot especially since their not human so their really isnt any reference.

Pictures are from newest to oldest

emboar.

Good job darmanitan

Juggling typholosion

Lazy Minun

Dragonite

Nidoking

Marill

Charizard

Meganium

Jigglypuff

Chandelure

Dustox

Azumarill, Marill, Azurill

Rotom

Voltorb, Electrode

Togetic

Last edited:

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
First of all, welcome to Smogon, especially here in Smeargle's Studio!

I would like to point out that you have a good perception of lighting and shadows, especially on your Azumarill family. It'd be awesome to see you make a full-color artwork! A minor nitpick though---Marill's hand seems to be directly under its mouth, which makes it a bit awkward. You can alter it by extending the line into a more comfortable length.

Keep it goin'! (・ω・)b

Thanks for the replies guy. I took your suggestion and tried to do full color, but couldn't help myself to do all of it... attempted to do dustox.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Color pencil art is pretty refreshing to see, although some other users use the same medium. I say keep it up! It's looking good right now and you probably do a better job than me anyways! ^.^

I took your recommendation and tried to do shade, but couldn't help myself to do all of it... attempt to do dustox.

I actually like the combination of graphite and colored pencil you used in the voltorb lineage and marill lineage you used. Very muted, but very pleasing.

your dustox is fantastic too. Very loud I must say.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
wow I like the Megainium, the shading on the trunk of his neck looks so real! :3 a couple other parts are *kind of* weird, like the crook of his neck and the outline of the petals (perhaps using a lighter shade would work), but overall nice job! Also lovin that Dustox :D

wow I like the Megainium, the shading on the trunk of his neck looks so real! :3 a couple other parts are *kind of* weird, like the crook of his neck and the outline of the petals (perhaps using a lighter shade would work), but overall nice job! Also lovin that Dustox :D
Thank you for the tip. I appreciate it very much :D

You have an excellent eye for light and shadows. Please do keep it up!

Both your digital art and traditional art are looking good. It's really refreshing to see another color-pencil-user, really, and I love how smooth your coloring is c:

You have an excellent eye for light and shadows. Please do keep it up!

Both your digital art and traditional art are looking good. It's really refreshing to see another color-pencil-user, really, and I love how smooth your coloring is c:

Thank you for your kind words. Especially coming from a great artist such as yourself!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)