Challenge XY Giveaway Contest - FINALS!

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Round 6: the Finals!
This round will end at 11:59:59 PM (GMT -5) on 9/28.

Four trainers have braved a month and a half of grueling challenges. Collectively, they've logged hundreds of in-game hours, destroying thousands of Shinx and probably a few brain cells in the process. The time has come for each of them to put it all on the line for the chance to win one of two free copies of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

atsync is mainly known for his contributions to Smogon's in-game articles section, but he has proven time and time again that he isn't all talk. Although he hasn't finished first in any of the previous rounds, he has exhibited both consistency and dedication. Will he finally attain that coveted #1 spot this week?

Nexus has shown his skill in previous Orange Islands competitions like the Orange League. This entire competition has been a bit of a roller coaster ride for Nexus: one minute he's king of the factory, the next he's hoping the remaining competitors choke and he slides into the next round. Despite any roadblocks he encountered along the way, Nexus has attained a seat in the final four, and you can bet he will do everything he can to keep it.

Mekkah: this player is a shadow,hiding in the darkness.there is not much information about this guy,except that it is a boy

Wyverii is the powerhouse of this competition. With first place finishes in rounds one and four, you can bet your bottom dollar that the other contestants are quaking in their running shoes. In round one, Wyverii edged out the competition with an astonishing Blue speedrun time of forty-nine minutes. Will history repeat itself this round as Wyverii stares down a familiar challenge?

Challenge
Pokémon Black/White: collect the first three badges with as low a continuous in-game time as possible

Rules
A list of general rules can be found here.

1. Do not abuse save states/resets.
  2. Do not use any cheat codes.
  3. Do not trade Pokémon into your file.
Submissions
Start a conversation with Stellar titled "Finals Submission"

• You must submit a photo or screenshot of the bottom screen during the saving process.
  • Your screenshot must contain your current team, your in-game time, and the number of badges.
  • You may only submit one screenshot or photo. Select your best score.
  • You should not post your results publicly.

The top two players from this round win their choice of either Pokémon X or Pokémon Y.

You may use this thread to post predictions.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I've decided that every finalist may save once immediately after Juniper's catching tutorial. The introduction portion of the game is the most tedious, so this is a bit of a concession. Wyverii, Mekkah, and Nexus agreed to this. atsync, if you have a problem with this decision, let me know and we can revisit it.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Yeah I'm good with this. Of course, I'll have to delete my old save file to take advantage of this rule, but I'm not particularly attached to that file so it's all good.

Just to be clear, this is the ONLY time I can use my one save, right? Like, I can't just decide to use my save at a different part of the game if I wanted to?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
Yeah I'm good with this. Of course, I'll have to delete my old save file to take advantage of this rule, but I'm not particularly attached to that file so it's all good.

Just to be clear, this is the ONLY time I can use my one save, right? Like, I can't just decide to use my save at a different part of the game if I wanted to?
I realized my post was ambiguous regarding that point right after I posted. It was updated while you were composing your post. (Note the addition of "immediately.") Sorry for the confusion!

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Wyverii to win it all (1:04); Nexus a close second (1:05); atsync will miss out by 1-2 minutes (1:07); Mekkah will probably tie with atsync but get last because he submits it so close to the deadline.
(for reference, the WR is something like 1:03)

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wyverii and Mekkah for the win

Boo Nexus he doesn't reveal his profile

No comment on atsync, I don't really know him

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
lol so you made a challenge that favors Wyverii a lot, looking at round 1.

Wyverii don't screw this up.

I would say Mekkah but Mekkah sucks, atsync is good at orange league I guess but IRC GODDAMMIT. I guess I have to go with Nexus for second place! ^_^

Stellar

of the Distant Past
The winners of the contest are Wyverii and Nexus. Please congratulate them!

Final times for this round:
Wyverii - 59 minutes
Nexus - 61 minutes
Mekkah - 61 minutes
atsync - 64 minutes

The 2/3rd place tie was resolved using rankings from previous rounds. Nexus had a combined rank total of 24. Mekkah had a combined rank total of 35. Nexus has a lower score, meaning he performed better overall.

Thank you to everyone who participated, hopefully we can see something similar in the future!

p.s. poor Mekkah and atsync :[

The winners of the contest are Wyverii and Nexus. Please congratulate them!

Final times for this round:
Wyverii - 59 minutes
Nexus - 61 minutes
Mekkah - 61 minutes
atsync - 64 minutes

The 2/3rd place tie was resolved using rankings from previous rounds. Nexus had a combined rank total of 24. Mekkah had a combined rank total of 35. Nexus has a lower score, meaning he performed better overall.

Thank you to everyone who participated, hopefully we can see something similar in the future!

p.s. poor Mekkah and atsync :[
Congratulations Wyverii and Nexus!

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wyverii, no surprise there.

I bet against Nexus but whatever, I forgive him for making me wrong.

Congratulations!

Congratulations to the winners! :)
And yes there should be more competitions like this (even without such a high prize for the winner)

First of all, congrats to all the winners, and why not all of the finalists as well. I really wish I got that far, but alas, no such luck (Or rather, skill).

Secondly, a huge thanks for Stellar organizing something like this. For the 3 weeks I was able to play on the level I wnted, I really, REALLY enjoyed taking part in this event. I certainly hope we'll see more neat stuff like this in the future, with or without prizes.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Congrats NeXus and wYverii! ^_^ it was fun watching all the contests just as a spectator. Thanks to Stellar for hosting and coming up with this!!

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Congrats to Nexus and Wyverii ! I couldn't make it past round 1 (I'm a disgrace) , so it's really great to see who won. Unfortunately it was Nexus. Just kidding, serious props to you guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)