Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool mega aero rayquaza can you tell us please where you found this picture and if aerodactyl can be found in the wild or the old ambra is found in the wild?

Gengar was the only one I wasn't sure of because Ghost immunity might take over everything.
However, I still highly doubt that a Fairy/Ice attack for example will deal 8x damage to Flying/Dragons... That's just too ridiculous. Fighting/Ground moves dealing 8x to Tyranitar... Yea right.
Consider how long it took us to get confirmation of dual-typed attacks. They're clearly not common, and I don't think we're going to see many combinations that result in 8x or higher SE combos.

Has the 8x+ multiplier theory been confirmed yet? I'm personally hoping they put a 4x cap on multi-type moves, because a 16x super effective multiplier seems way over the top, even by Game Freak's standards.

I agree with your reasoning, but we need to remember that it's unlikely that even Game Freak would go with a mechanic that broken with damage multipliers into the x16-x32. Perhaps they would put a cap on it (x4-8 max maybe).
We already have the potential for this kind of damage.
e.g. Charizard (in blaze range) @ specs Fire Blast in the sun vs. dry skin parasect. I make that to be around X24 on some quick mental arithmetic.

But yeah, maybe a cap on SE damage may happen. I won't even pretend to know how game freak thinks though.

We already have the potential for this kind of damage.
e.g. Charizard (in blaze range) @ specs Fire Blast in the sun vs. dry skin parasect. I make that to be around X24 on some quick mental arithmetic.

But yeah, maybe a cap on SE damage may happen. I won't even pretend to know how game freak thinks though.
Agreed. I would imagine any cap would be prior to any weather/ability multipliers.

Has the 8x+ multiplier theory been confirmed yet? I'm personally hoping they put a 4x cap on multi-type moves, because a 16x super effective multiplier seems way over the top, even by Game Freak's standards.
We have only two examples of moves with unusual SEs. Once is Ice that SEs on Water, the other is FightingxFlying and shares no weaknesses between those two types. I don't know why people are getting so worked up about a theoretical type combo. In *theory*, a Dark/Ghost with Wonder Guard and an attack rating of 580 with Bullet Punch could destroy the whole metagame, in practice that will never happen.

This pretty much confirms that dual-type moves will have very niche uses. You're losing neutral coverage in exchange for overkilling specific targets. I could see them being useful on something that absolutely needs to OHKO a specific target, but otherwise mono-type moves will be more consistent.
I view things opposite. Because fighting is SE on two key flying resists, and flying is SE on one key fighting resist, it's a safe move coverage move. Nothing can 4x resist Fighting/Flying and it only has one immune.

Gengar was the only one I wasn't sure of because Ghost immunity might take over everything.
However, I still highly doubt that a Fairy/Ice attack for example will deal 8x damage to Flying/Dragons... That's just too ridiculous. Fighting/Ground moves dealing 8x to Tyranitar... Yea right.
I dont think that'll be the case either. I dont expect dualtyped moves to compound like that.

My current prediction is the secondary type is there to offset a NVE or SE, if it's possible (EX: Fighting/Flying hits neutral to Steel), or to add a NVE or SE (like if The flying half hits Grass or hits an electric, the whole attack will get STAB and hit 2x or 1/2x, respectively). Regarding ghosts, they should be able to absorb everything that contains fighting.

I don't expect this mechanic to be so complicated at all, but I could as wrong as I think others are.

Specific pokemon are weak to both though.

One example off the top of my head is sawsbuck.

Then there's Scrafty.
True, but to me that would work the same as a mono type move that's strong against both types of a dual type pokemon. 4x SE damage, plus STAB if applicable.

It seems to me that the question lies in a what if that hasn't been confirmed yet. What if both types of a dual attack are 4x SE against BOTH types of a dual type pokemon?

If it in fact multiplies damage, what is the point of the move? Hit Scrafty, Caturne, Shiftry and Abamosnow? Have SE coverage on mono dark and mono grass in the same slot?
That seems like such an obscure niche. Why not just use Close Combat and Acrobatics?

Re: MegaAerodactyl

<Toast> ~73/136/86/76/101/153
All are + or - 8.
There is something wrong with your HP prediction here. Not only does regular aero have base 80 HP but a Lv20 aero before evolution can only hit 62HP if it has an IV of 31 (and 0 EVs) - and it seems highly likely that a revived fossil will come out at ~Lv20 and therefore have no EVs.
The other stats look sensible though.

Edit: I mean generally this is the limitation of using ready resources, it is much more realistic and flexible to simply work backwards using the equations with a sensible confidence interval.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Not 100% relevant, but since everyone is quoting this statistic and some are doing it incorrectly: Dry Skin makes a Pokémon take 25% more damage from Fire moves than normal. So a Paras with Dry Skin only takes 5x damage from Fire moves, a Toxicroak takes 1.25x damage from Fire moves, etc.

also Goomy is an adorable name, but for a Dragon?

True, but to me that would work the same as a mono type move that's strong against both types of a dual type pokemon. 4x SE damage, plus STAB if applicable.

It seems to me that the question lies in a what if that hasn't been confirmed yet. What if both types of a dual attack are 4x SE against BOTH types of a dual type pokemon?
I personally don't think the two combined types will compound, meaning it'll hit Scrafty/Sawsbuck 2x still. At its core, Flying Press is a fighting type move.

Very unsure though. I just want to play this game.

Regarding your 2nd line, if that holds true, then I mentioned earlier that Parasect in the Sun is 32x weak to fire/flying. A dual-typed fire spin will OHKO it.

If it in fact multiplies damage, what is the point of the move? Hit Scrafty, Caturne, Shiftry and Abamosnow? Have SE coverage on mono dark and mono grass in the same slot?
That seems like such an obscure niche. Why not just use Close Combat and Acrobatics?
Versus an injured Celebi. Could use Acrobatics for SE. Could switch to Close Combat and predict a switch. Could use Flying Press, grab a neutral STAB on Celebi if it stays in, guarantee that short of a ghost, you will still be hitting anything for neutral STAB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)