Ubers Sandstorm Team

Hello, Smogon! My very first post is going to be all about my Black 2 Sandstorm Team A.K.A. The Shifting Sands... oooh scary name... Anyway, I am hoping for some nice feedback as this is my first competitive team ever and I would really appreciate any comments or suggestions. Also, I would like to make sure that none of this Pokemon are banned but if they are please tell me. If there are, what are some alternatives?And without further adieu...

1. Tyranitar Lum Berry
Ability: Sandstream
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Stone Edge, Crunch, Superpower, Dragon Dance
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 SPE
Stats: 342 HP/ 367 ATK/ 256 DEF/ 203 Sp. Atk/ 236 Sp. DEF/ 243 SPE

So he's is my weather inducer for this team, I wanted to go for a more offensive style with my team, and Dragon Dance Tyranitar is really good for this concept. He boots Excadrill's Speed which just makes my laugh, while it sweeps the opponent's team. Also, the Lum Berry keeps teams from poisoning him with Toxix so that is a big bonus. Overall, I think that Tyranitar is the best choice for this team.

*2. Garchomp Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
Moves: Substitute, Swords Dance, Earthquake, Fire Fang
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 SPE
Stats: 358 HP/ 359 ATK/ 226 DEF/ 176 Sp. ATK/ 206 Sp. DEF/ 333 SPE

This guy may be the banned one... Sorry if he is, I was under the impression that Ubers is like "anything goes". If he is allowed to be used in Ubers then I will smile. Anyway, He is one of my primary sweepers, as well as a good Pokemon in the sun because of Fire Fang. I choose him because I have 3 Steel types on my team. The use of Substite and Leftovers is simply amazing. Garchomp is an awesome Pokemon in general that is just amazing in battle.

3. Excadrill Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Earthquake, Shadow Claw, Rapid Spin, Swords Dance
EVs: 4 HP/ 254 ATK/ 252 SPE
Stats: 360 HP/ 404 ATK/ 155 DEF/ 95 Sp. ATK/ 136 Sp. DEF/ 252 SPE

This set is AMAZING when used with Garchomp as it allows Garchomp to use Earthquake in a Double Battle, while providing Giratina coverage with Shadow Claw, which would otherwise destroy this team. Excadrill's Rapid Spin also removes field hazards so that I can switch in safely. Plus, his high Attack and Speed stats make him an excellent sweeper, especially when in the sand.

4. Terrakion Choice Band
Ability: Justified
Moves: X-Scissor, Close Combat, Stone Edge, Sacred Sword
Stats: 299 HP/ 357 ATK/ 185 DEF/ 161 Sp. ATK/ 214 Sp. DEF/ 323 SPE

Yet another great sweeper for my team.Not much to say other than that he is awesome in battle and he is even able to take on Psychic types because of X-Scissor! The use of Swords Dance brings his already high Attack stat even higher!

5. Skamory @ Shed Shell/Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish
Moves: Roost, Spikes, Whirlwind, Brave Bird
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 DEF/ 252 Sp. DEF
Stats: 334 HP/ 196 ATK/ 348 DEF/ 104 Sp. ATK/ 239 Sp. DEF/ 176 SPE

Skarmory... oh yes... It sets up hazards, is a huge defensive wall that can restore it's HP, switches the opponent's Pokemon, and kill Fighting, Bug, and Grass types which would otherwise destroy most of my team that is Rock, Ground, Steel, and Tyranitar as it loses to all three of the types that would do heavy damage to it. Brave Bird offers coverage for all of these types, plus Skarmory has okay Attack for a Defensive Pokemon.

6. Lucario Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Close Combat, Ice Punch, ExtremeSpeed, Swords Dance
Stats: 277 HP/ 346 ATK/ 165 DEF/ 217 Sp. ATK/ 166 DEF/ 266 SPE

Now, while he provides some sort of Ground, Dragon, and Grass coverage with Ice Punch, I would switch him for something like Magnezone or Gastrodon. However, he is still a decent sweeper that has a priority attack in the form of ExtremeSpeed. Swords Dance also help to increase it Attack stat. Overall, Lucario is still a decent Pokemon, but I would rather have Gastrodon to inflict Status ailments on the opposing team as well as to deal with Kyogre.

Well, this is my team. I would greatly appreciate seeing some comments on it and I apologize if this version of Garchomp is banned. Options to replace it would be nice. Anyway, have a nice day and I look forward to hearing from you guys soon!

-Sun Spirit

epikkyogre78

Banned deucer.
Hmm, interesting team there. Have you even tried it out? Because from what I can see, you obviously did not test the team at all before posting this RMT.

Your team lacks any sort of check to Kyogre, which is just begging for trouble, as any rain team will poop on your team. To help check rain teams (which are VERY common), I recommend replacing Lucario and Skarmory with Ferrothorn and Gastrodon. This gives you two amazing checks to rain teams, and they don't even take sandstorm damage! Amazing! Look on Smogon for the sets. This team could be very good, but only if you take my and others suggestions.

And trust me, you won't miss Lucario or Skarmory.

Suggested Changes

Skarmory >>> Ferrothorn
Lucario >>> Gastrodon

Hope I helped!

Hmm, interesting team there. Have you even tried it out? Because from what I can see, you obviously did not test the team at all before posting this RMT.

Your team lacks any sort of check to Kyogre, which is just begging for trouble, as any rain team will poop on your team. To help check rain teams (which are VERY common), I recommend replacing Lucario and Skarmory with Ferrothorn and Gastrodon. This gives you two amazing checks to rain teams, and they don't even take sandstorm damage! Amazing! Look on Smogon for the sets. This team could be very good, but only if you take my and others suggestions.

And trust me, you won't miss Lucario or Skarmory.

Suggested Changes

Skarmory >>> Ferrothorn
Lucario >>> Gastrodon

Hope I helped!
Thank you so much epikkyogre78! While i did test it, I used the Battle Subway to do so... looking back, I guess that it didn't really give me an accurate outlook in my team. I will definitely give Ferrothorn and Gastrodon a try. Thanks for the help!

In rain, Lustrous Palkia will rip your team to shreds, and what the heck is sacred sword doing with CC also on Terrakion? I'm replace Sacred Sword with Toxic, and I do realize that Band locked Toxic isn't good for spamming, but it will mess with the common switchins (Giratina, Lugia). As epikkyogre78 said, Kyogre will just annihilate your team (any set works, you don't have a water resist). Please test your team on a battle simulator (nice one here: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/) I can tell that this team will not hold up well in competitive play

Physically defensive groudon, choice scarf kyogre, wallceus, lugia, giratina-0, and tyranitar with dragon dance in ubers is horrible as it is still slow and without a spd spread, darkrai and mewtwo destroy it with aura sphere and focus blast.

In rain, Lustrous Palkia will rip your team to shreds, and what the heck is sacred sword doing with CC also on Terrakion? I'm replace Sacred Sword with Toxic, and I do realize that Band locked Toxic isn't good for spamming, but it will mess with the common switchins (Giratina, Lugia). As epikkyogre78 said, Kyogre will just annihilate your team (any set works, you don't have a water resist). Please test your team on a battle simulator (nice one here: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/) I can tell that this team will not hold up well in competitive play
Well I went and got Gastrodon, and I am currently breeding Ferrothorn so I think that that weakness may be covered. Also, is the link that you gave a download or browser tester? I don't download stuff because it my laptop is really vulnerable to viruses(courtesy of my sister).

Physically defensive groudon, choice scarf kyogre, wallceus, lugia, giratina-0, and tyranitar with dragon dance in ubers is horrible as it is still slow and without a spd spread, darkrai and mewtwo destroy it with aura sphere and focus blast.
So rather than my current Tyranitar, what would be better? Or is the synergy on my team somewhat lacking and I should change some Pokémon in favour of others?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)