◊Glalie's taking over (Team Bane) (Peaked #20) (who needs Froslass anyway?)◊

I[]
II[][]
III[][][]
IIII[][][][]

Have you ever wanted that team that was insanely fun to play with but also very good and easy to use at the same time? Well look no further, cuz today's the day Glalie makes your opponent feel like shit. Now, I gotta point out that I failed to take a screenshot of my peak since I didn't think I'd be making an RMT out of this at the time. I'm fairly certain this team actually peaked inside 20 but I have to be conservative with my estimate since I forgot to get proof. If you want to call me out as a liar, go ahead, but I've peaked #1 in UU 3 different times (with proof) so you wouldn't have a lot of ground to stand on. Anyways I'm going to start off this RMT in an unusual way by opening with some replays to get you interested:
4 Kills for Glalie :]
First Battle of 4 I had Against Sucker4Jessica (I won 3 of 4)
4 Kills No Deaths for Glalie
4th Game vs. S4J, Glalie Dominates
UU Battle of the Week Vs. Ace Emerald — Good Shit

(Chandy accidentally had no SpA investment here)
Man gets angry when he can't kill Glalie (this wasn't a speed tie since he was modest)
A
|B
|C
|G
|N
|R

So as 6th gen approaches, all the viable gimmicks in UU have been exploited right? Well, no. I always love to find new shit that works (if you don't know me I love Gothorita) so I was pretty satisfied when I made Glalie work successfully on a hail team. Granted, it isn't game-breaking or anything, but it is certainly fun and effective to use.

Workin on my Abs [A]

Snow Warning
IVs: 0 Atk
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpD / 16 SpA / 8 Spe

Some nice special defense investment means Ab can tank hits like specs shadow ball from Chandelure. I also wanted some SpA investment.

Calm Nature (+SpD -Atk)
Protect / Leech Seed / Blizzard / Substitute
Abomasnow is actually quite bulky as a special wall and is guaranteed not to be 2 hit by even things like specs kingdra (after a protect). In addition, hail residual + hazards damage + possible poison damage + leech seed damage= 11/16 of a poke's entire health in just one turn (+ 1 free turn with protect). Obviously I can't bank on me always having up all hazards but nonetheless defensive Abomasnow is pretty damn good. Ab can come in on bulky walls like rest talk Lax and just begin draining health. What's so perfect about subseed Ab is that anything that is immune to leech seed takes a shit ton from blizzard on the switch in, with the exceptions being Ferroseed and other Abomasnows.

Sex Toise [ B ]

Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA

I need Blastoise to be as bulky as possible on the physical side to take on things like darm
Bold Nature (+Def -Atk )
Scald / Rapid Spin / Foresight / Roar

Blastoise works wonders on hail teams since it is a great fire type counter and gets rid of rocks that quintessential hail teams are generally weak to. I'm running foresight over toxic for 2 reasons. First, it is a huge priority for this team to get rid of rocks. Second, toxic can be a bit redundant since I already have toxic spikes.

Lumière [ C ]

Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD

Generic spread for Chandelure, I need timid to outspeed other Chandies
Timid Nature (+Spe - SpA)
Fire Blast / Protect / Energy Ball / Shadow Ball

Chandelure makes up the 3rd member of my Fire Water Grass ABC core. With hazards and hail support, breaking down walls no longer requires choice specs and lefties pretty much mean that I'm immune to hail. Chandelure also works wonders on hail teams as a "last resort" fighting type and fire type immunity if I can't rely on Blastoise or Nidoqueen to take a hit. Chandy also acts as a check to a lot of pokes (Victini, chandy, etc.) that give the team trouble otherwise.

Bane (of your existence) [ G ]

Ice Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SpA / 4 SpD
Basically, I need Glalie to be bulky but fast. 4 SpD is for special download users
Timid Nature (+Spe -Atk)

Spikes / Taunt / Blizzard / Protect

The inspiration for the team, Glalie. I decided to try out some ice body poke and while going through a list of what got that ability, Glalie came up and from there this team was created. Why use Glalie over another ice body user, say, Walrein? Spikes. Style. Speed. While you may find part of your soul amiss after using Stallrein, Glalie is quite fun to play around with and surprisingly useful. Mainstream "annoyer" pokemon like Sableye and Walrein don't really hold a lot of appeal to me and I figure if you're going to be annoying you might as well do it in a clever way. The way to use Glalie is pretty much just to send it in against walls and let it dominate from there. Since it has protect, it can also operate as a lead, setting up spikes as a poke locks itself into u-turn or maybe even getting of a nice 50% on an unsuspecting mienshao. Taunt also helps with its lead capabilities. Because of its great recovery in hail, if you can't kill Glalie in one hit, it's gonna be around for a while.

Hoes on Ice [ N ]

Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 144 SpA / 28 Spe

These EVs mean I am 100% guaranteed to live a FB from a life orb darm which eases first turn predictions. I also outspeed Blastoise.
Bold Nature (+Def -Atk)
Toxic Spikes / Stealth Rocks / Earth Power / Blizzard

I've always held a certain distaste for Nidoqueen, which is why I actually like this set. Since Nidoqueen has so many potential roles it can play with this set (fighting counter, volt switch stopper, t-spikes remover, hazards setter, heavy hitter) it usually gets to die first. I usually mainly just use it as a hazards setter since hazards play such a crucial role for the team. Since I am guranteed to live a hit from any common scarfer, I can take advantage of a team's lack of spinner right from turn one with no drawbacks. Since I do lead with this a lot, I really wish it had protect, but at the same time I can't afford to drop any of my current moves.

DQ [ R ]

Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Standard scarf EVs
Timid Nature (+Spe -Atk)

Blizzard / Volt Switch / Thunderbolt / Trick

Rotom dishes out more Blizzards than DQ. Rotom's good speed and powerful STAB make it a great revenge killer. There isn't really a lot to say about Rotom other than that it pretty much kills OHKOs all other scarfers as well with a little bit of damage off. Not only does DQ get an 100% accurate Blizzard in hail, but the little bit of damage hail chips away on certain pokes is just enough to net a KO with Blizzard.

Threat List:
Chandelure, if not choice locked, could potentially be a big proeblem. I can force it out with my own chandelure but there's not a lot otherwise.
If I don't get rocks up, yanmega is a huge threat as I don't have any reliable counters
Azelf, if nasty plot offensive, is a pretty big pain. I can force it out but not much likes to switch in on it.
Since Bronzong is one of the only SR users that generally beats Blastoise one on one, this makes getting rocks away a lot harder.

Final Analysis:
I think this team synergizes very well. Even though I have 3 ice types, I have a nice little Fire/Water/Grass core, a ground immunity, a fighting immunity, an electric immunity and a fire immunity. Two important types that this team doesn't resist, however are dark and ghost, but this is somewhat alright since Ab can take special dark/ghost hits and Blastoise can take on physical dark types (there aren't any physical ghost types in UU). Granted this team does have its flaws, but what do you expect, it's a fucking Glalie.

As always I put a lot of time into this RMT so please rate (I'm definitely open to some tweaks), like, comment, ask a question about the team or try it out for yourself <3

Workin on my Abs (Abomasnow) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SDef / 232 HP / 16 SAtk / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Blizzard
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect

Bane (Glalie) @ Leftovers
Trait: Ice Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 SDef / 248 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Protect
- Spikes
- Taunt

Sex Toise (Blastoise) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Foresight
- Rapid Spin
- Roar

Hoes on Ice (Nidoqueen) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 88 Def / 248 HP / 8 Spd / 164 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Blizzard
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

DQ (Rotom-Frost) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Lumière (Chandelure) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball

IIII[][][][]
III[][][]
II[][]
I[]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)