The Next Best Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Not gonna bother counting votes because we all know who wins lol

So our winner is Nails' Physical Knock Off Tangrowth!
Our next round...

Uxie
We have just enough time before the long awaited Gen 6 for one more round of The Next Best Thing, and what better way to end it than with one of RU's most versatile Pokemon?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor

Uxie @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SAtk / 224 Spe
Gentle Nature
- Yawn
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic

Double status Uxie.

Basically this is bulky pivot, Yawn and U-Turn for maximum momentum OR late-game paralyze the switch-in if you know what's coming in and you need it slow. Psychic so not taunt bait. Short descriptions are great! ^_^

Last edited:

Uxie@Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn/Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Play by surprise. Surely opponent will wait a support standard , or a dual screen set, , if anything, sub trick scarf. We try to surprise him. The excellent speed ensures however outspeed many Pokemon (Spe Rotom, Spe Moltres and Hitmonleee ) and it allows you to put the SR anyway. Life Orb might be a terrible surprise (for opponents leads but also for others):

252 SpA Life Orb Uxie Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Entei: 169-200 (45.55 - 53.9%) -- 41.8% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Uxie Psychic vs. 204 HP / 0 SpD Crustle: 169-200 (50.9 - 60.24%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Uxie Psychic vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Steelix: 90-105 (25.42 - 29.66%) -- possible 4HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Uxie Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Smeargle: 250-294 (79.61 - 93.63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Uxie Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 116+ SpD Slowking: 143-169 (36.38 - 43%) -- 97.66% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Uxie Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Slowking: 174-205 (44.27 - 52.16%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Uxie Thunderbolt vs. 116 HP / 0 SpD Aggron: 142-168 (45.8 - 54.19%) -- 3.91% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Uxie Psychic vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cinccino: 200-238 (68.49 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Uxie Psychic vs. 88 HP / 84 SpD Eviolite Rhydon: 142-169 (38.06 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Uxie Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Whimsicott: 168-199 (51.85 - 61.41%) -- 94.53% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Uxie Psychic vs. 248 HP / 92+ SpD Cryogonal: 87-105 (25.36 - 30.61%) -- possible 4HKO

U-Turn provides the initial scouting of the opponent team and damage (Uxie opponent), Thunder Wave can be considered too.

Last edited:

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 228 Spd / 184 SAtk / 96 HP
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Charge Beam
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Sub Charge Beam Uxie. Enough speed to outspeed rotom and 2hko with +1 Psyshock. Uxie is great at forcing switches, this set takes advantage of that and uses substitute to sub on obvious switches. Hidden Power Fire hits ferroseed, steelix, and escavalier hard. 96 HP lets you tank most scalds from Slowking and set up in its face. This set is cooler than the one on site because Hidden Power [Fire] kills all of Uxie's best checks and most common switch ins.

Well, I can't go without suggesting my absolute favorite Uxie set.

In RU I run primary OTR teams, so a great Trick Room Supporter like Uxie is always a monster for keeping Druddigon and others outspeeding the opponent.
Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Trick Room
- Yawn
- U-Turn
- Psychic

Yawn helps ensure that you can get switches to set up Trick Room and can force out Pokemon that you don't want to switch your own Trick Room sweepers into. Trick room sets up trick room, the main point of this set. The EV spread may at first seem weird- carrying investment in speed on a trick room team- but Uxie puts it to good use; the extra speed allows Uxie to be "slower" than many threats under trick room, allowing frail sweepers like Octillery or Zwelious to get into the game safely and happily on a U-Turn, with a solid three turns of trick room to destroy things. Psychic in the last slot allows Uxie to provide some damage output when necessary, to play around subs, and to provide a small bit of offensive utility outside of trick room, thanks to the speed investment.

This Uxie set doesn't shine so much on its own, but next to Trick Room teams abusing powerhouses like Druddigon, Zwelious, and Magneton, Uxie provides a valuable bulky trick room setter; it also has good synergy with other setters like Eviolite Klang and Healing Wish Audino, providing a fighting resist that the other setters love.

Uxie shouldn't be disregarded for its supporting role on Trick Room teams, it is one of the best, if not THE best setter for offensive Trick Room in RU.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Spd / 152 Def
Bold Nature
- Magic Coat
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic

So we all saw how much success Cherub had with magic coat Golurk, and frankly Uxie can do the same thing, this set allows you to beat leads that otherwise bone Uxie, such as taunt Aero or Smeargle, allowing you to bounce back taunt and spore respectively. You may also be able to bounce back spikes on people attempting to sack their Qwilfish for some last second spikes or w/e. It's just a slight twist on the standard that can annoy so many things that can prevent uxie from doing its job (lol @ toxic slowking).

Uxie @ Tanga Berry
EVs: 136 HP / 4 Def / 228 SAtk / 140 Spd
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Here my set that I created does time, Tanga Berry Uxie lures bug physical steel types mostly like Escavalier or Durant with Hidden Power Fire, helps too against special bug stab attacks like Galvantula, Giga Drain helps to beat Kabutops, Rhydon and Sandlash easier. Stealth Rock because is necessary.

228 SpA Uxie Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Durant: 372-440 (144.18 - 170.54%) -- guaranteed OHKO

228 SpA Uxie Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Escavalier: 200-236 (58.3 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

228 SpA Uxie Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Occa Berry Escavalier: 100-118 (29.15 - 34.4%)

228 SpA Uxie Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Escavalier: 148-176 (43.14 - 51.31%) -- 62.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

defensive calcs:

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Durant X-Scissor vs. 140 HP / 0+ Def Tanga Berry Uxie: 246-290 (75.46 - 88.95%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Escavalier Megahorn vs. 140 HP / 0+ Def Tanga Berry Uxie: 241-285 (73.92 - 87.42%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Life Orb Scolipede Megahorn vs. 140 HP / 0+ Def Tanga Berry Uxie: 144-172 (44.17 - 52.76%) -- 18.36% chance to 2HKO

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 228 Spd / 184 SAtk / 96 HP
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Charge Beam
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Sub Charge Beam Uxie. Enough speed to outspeed rotom and 2hko with +1 Psyshock. Uxie is great at forcing switches, this set takes advantage of that and uses substitute to sub on obvious switches. Hidden Power Fire hits ferroseed, steelix, and escavalier hard. 96 HP lets you tank most scalds from Slowking and set up in its face. This set is cooler than the one on site because Hidden Power [Fire] kills all of Uxie's best checks and most common switch ins.
Give me one reason to use that over Calm Mind. I can't think of any

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Not really. The only things you're going to hit harder with Charge Beam than a STAB Psyshock are like Mantine and Pelipper, and you might not even be able to extend that to Mantine because of its massive SpDef. I guess Crawdaunt too. But that's pretty much it.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not really. The only things you're going to hit harder with Charge Beam than a STAB Psyshock are like Mantine and Pelipper, and you might not even be able to extend that to Mantine because of its massive SpDef. I guess Crawdaunt too. But that's pretty much it.
And Slowking, which is the most common mon in the tier ;) (not that I would use this over sub cm as that carries t-bolt, but still a mon worth mentioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)