Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
no Dark is weak and ninja-like how about they keep it that way yo. They don't need no Dark Close Combat that's what fighting type is for.

in fact game freak probably should have gone with some sort of general theme from the beginning with moves like fighting and rock having strong attacks and dark and bug are sneaky or something instead of dumb random garbage like the strongest rock attack being 75 bp rock slide with 90 accuracy for three generations while ground got earthquake from day one.

We need a fire blast variant for dark, psychic? ghost, and stuff. I'm tired of not having decent ohko attacks for in game.
That being said, does every type need it's own Earthquake, Fire Blast, Draco Meteor etc? I think it'd make the game a bit stale. Other than super effective hits and not very effective hits each type would be inter-changeable. Having types being more orientated one way or another is good variety.

That being said, does every type need it's own Earthquake, Fire Blast, Draco Meteor etc? I think it'd make the game a bit stale. Other than super effective hits and not very effective hits each type would be inter-changeable. Having types being more orientated one way or another is good variety.
Agreed, remember pursuit is a dark move and the best move in the history of competetive pokemon, Stealth Rock is a rock type move. some types just seem to have different roles. that being said i wouldnt mind some new moves

Agreed, remember pursuit is a dark move and the best move in the history of competetive pokemon, Stealth Rock is a rock type move. some types just seem to have different roles. that being said i wouldnt mind some new moves
Could you imagine if every type got it's our version or Pursuit or Stealth Rock? That would be terrible.
I don't think anyone else has posted this image. It was mentioned at some point in the thread that Lapras gets its own Surf sprite.

Is it it's own sprite or a rideable Pokemon like Gogoat and Rhyhorn?

So is anyone else kind of hoping for Animal Crossing style DLC? Perhaps getting non-legendary regular Pokemon either all at once sometime in the future or a family all at once more frequently?

I'd heard someone claim that an NPC says a lot of Pokemon native to Kalos went extinct, so perhaps we'll get a DLC story that involves time travel. It'd be no big thing to reskin a part of the map, I imagine. Pokemon: Oracle of Ages, anyone?

I fail to see why my post was deleted. It was relative to one of the leaked images which hinted at gen 3 games. Besides, I haven't broken any of the aforementioned rules posted on the front of the thread, so what's the deal? Not trying to be rude, but I would like a reasonable explanation.

It was most likely deleted because you made the leap from "it mentions the gemstones Gen III games were named after" to "HOENN CONFIRMED", which is a prohibited topic of discussion.

It was most likely deleted because you made the leap from "it mentions the gemstones Gen III games were named after" to "HOENN CONFIRMED", which is a prohibited topic of discussion.
Except I never claimed they were confirmed, I was merely hypothesizing my own scenario on what I expect Gen 3 remakes would be like, if created through the gen 6 engine.

no Dark is weak and ninja-like how about they keep it that way yo. They don't need no Dark Close Combat that's what fighting type is for.

in fact game freak probably should have gone with some sort of general theme from the beginning with moves like fighting and rock having strong attacks and dark and bug are sneaky or something instead of dumb random garbage like the strongest rock attack being 75 bp rock slide with 90 accuracy for three generations while ground got earthquake from day one.
Stone Edge

So is anyone else kind of hoping for Animal Crossing style DLC? Perhaps getting non-legendary regular Pokemon either all at once sometime in the future or a family all at once more frequently?

I'd heard someone claim that an NPC says a lot of Pokemon native to Kalos went extinct, so perhaps we'll get a DLC story that involves time travel. It'd be no big thing to reskin a part of the map, I imagine. Pokemon: Oracle of Ages, anyone?
Except that's most likely just GF's in-game excuse for giving us less than 100 new mons.

Didn't exist for the first three generations.
True, but regardless I'm stating that Stone Edge is generally the Better option outside of Double Battles.

Last edited by a moderator:
True, but regardless I'm stating that Stone Edge is generally the Better option outside of Double Battles.
And Lovedrive was merely stating that Earthquake has existed forever, while it took them ten years to give Rock something stronger than 75 BP. Nothing about the viability of the moves that exist NOW.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ahhh. Must I say this again

Guys. Guys, guys, guys, guys, GUYS.

This is the leaks thread. All your talk about Gen III or whatever-the-heck remakes or whatever based on a minimal amount of leaks, and all your correcting each other on specific Rock-type moves sorta belongs in ano- Oh, wait, you know what? Yeah, just don't bring it up, 'specially since the general discussion thread is right there. This isn't even taking into account the numerous circles that have been going on about involving DLC and all those funny definitions of DLC and event Pokemon and blah blah blah. Egad.

On a somewhat related sidenote, the music in X and Y have been okay. I'm just somewhat disappointed with how they handled the gym leader theme and how it sounds repetitive.

Well, from what I saw in the video walkthroughs before the guy made them private, it seems that they are triggered by using Honey. Logic would dictate that the same would hold true for Sweet Scent, though obviously I don't actually know this for sure. I also haven't seen any horde battles that weren't triggered by Honey, which means either they're extremely rare or outright nonexistent without Honey use. I can't say how things work with catching something in a horde battle because the guy missed a flawless opportunity- last Gulpin standing was in the red. Would have been perfect.
Although I don't have a pic or video to prove it. My friend (whom I got the vivllion modern pattern pic from) said to me that he encountered 3 horde battles (without using honey) in a relatively short time period. It could be that Honey increases the chance or something though.

Maybe there will be images to confirm this soon.
The people who did the calcs did it based on a freshly caught Mewtwo. Since we know Mewtwo's stats they could work out it's IVs and being just caught it would have no EVs. Then Mega evolve it and calculate MegaTwo Ys stats from Mewtwo's base. I believe so anyway

Except that's most likely just GF's in-game excuse for giving us less than 100 new mons.
You're probably right, but it does seem like it could also be a hint, like Cynthia wishing there was a Tournament for all the Champions in Black and White.

The best thing about the 3DS is that it's actually possible to patch games post release. I'll actually be pretty surprised if this generation is, by and large, like the ones before it in terms of the 3-4 year cycle.

Gyara just went to shit if that's the case; Flying type is what made him great (rock and electric weaknesses are a small price to pay for fighting resist, ground immunity and grass / ice neutrality). He can now be picked off by Mach Punches and fairy moves...
Ironic thing is if he indeed ends up Dark/Water (and especially if he keeps Intimidate), he becomes really damn good SD Ghost Arceus counter, rofl. So ironically it may help him alot in Ubers. And even if he doesn't keep his Intimidate, you may just switch in with Normal Gyarados, Intimidate and transform after :P. Well, small bonus for Ubers players, lol.

We know which game is bigger! Kalos: 1 Los Santos: 0
On topic, I really do love the Kalos map design, and how it may play into the story.
Well it's cool that we have another Generation based on something outside of Japan (last one US, this time France).

wait, is there any confirmation that IV calculation has not changed?
It seems unlikely, but until Pokemon are transferred over or some introspects game code isn't it possible for it to change?
Also what about Base Stats for old Pokemon changing? (although this seems far less likely)

That aside, if we had access to ROMs are 3DS games encrypted or do we still have the possibility to read the game code?
Just out of curiousity.

I have a few questions, what type and what's the name of the Pseudo-Legendary of X/Y?
Who are the legendary trio's of this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)