XY Metagame Speculation [SPOILERS ITT]

According to Serebii, Will-O-Wisp's accuracy is now 85 rather than 75. You can score that as another advantage for support Arceus formes when wondering how to differentiate them from other Ubers that may share the same typing.

Guys, you don't realize something important. In no way does Xerneas have access to Thunder. This is because his Fairy Aura most likely acts as a weather condition and negates Weather, meaning 70% accuracy Thunders.

Xernaeas has it right. Zekrom and Reshiram's "radiating aura" don't inactivate either, so there's no reason Xernaeas or Yveltal's would. I personally think that a simple Geomancy / Moon Blast / Thunder / Earth Power in rain would crush nearly everything in sight, unless you got Steelceus in to CM alongside it or blast it with Judgement off the bat.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
According to Serebii, Will-O-Wisp's accuracy is now 85 rather than 75. You can score that as another advantage for support Arceus formes when wondering how to differentiate them from other Ubers that may share the same typing.
That's not a buff considering it's still under 100%.

That's not a buff considering it's still under 100%.
The accuracy is higher than it was, so its a buff.

Mega Medicham is confirmed, but it will be tough for it to be anywhere near as good as Mewtwo.

Edit: picture
image.jpg

Last edited:
Yveltal can actually go offensive and bulky at the same time while still killing everything.

Leftovers
252 hp 52 sp.atk 200 spd
Foul Play
Oblivion wing
Nasty plot
Roost

1. substitute on leads
2. Start setting up
3. Heal any damage with roost or wreck and heal with oblivion wing
4. Dark Aura Foul play for people who resist flying (dialga)
Or to punish physical power houses (mewtwo X, tina-O, arceus ghost)
5. Repeat
6. Profit!!!???

Walled by blissey temporarily, but this is b4 it gets its nasty plots up.
Yveltal could be a monster.

Yveltal can actually go offensive and bulky at the same time while still killing everything.

Leftovers
252 hp 52 sp.atk 200 spd
Foul Play
Oblivion wing
Nasty plot
Roost

1. substitute on leads
2. Start setting up
5. Repeat
6. Profit!!!???

You make it sound as if it is easy to set up several nasty plots. In ubers, nothing ever gets free set-up turns, as even most leads have extreme offensive potential or phazing ability (i.e. Tyranitar, Dialga, etc). On the topic of phazing, even if this so-called stealth rock nerf is real, this set is utterly destroyed by phazing. Weakness to stealth rock and a moveset focused on extremely large periods of set up don't mix very well.

With that Will-O-Wisp buff, I'm thinking CM/Judgment/Recover/Will-O-Wisp Steel, Fairy, and Rock Arceus will see a lot of play. A miss for Arceus usually wasn't the end of the world so it won't be a huge buff, but I'm sure they'll be plenty of people like "ZOMG, Will-O-Wisp is better! It must be the best option for CM Arceus now!"

I'll actually consider running it on Giratina-O as well. I never liked it much because I'd much rather kill things like Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Scizor and the shaky accuracy got it killed plenty of times. Now, it won't die quite as much from trying to Burn the opponent.

Haruno

Leftovers
252 hp 52 sp.atk 200 spd
Foul Play
Oblivion wing
Nasty plot
Roost

1. substitute on leads
2. Start setting up
5. Repeat
6. Profit!!!???

lol relying on terribly weak moves. No just no.

Xerneas in Haruno logic there are only two types of accuracy. 100% accuracy or under 100% accuracy. All under 100% accuracy are equal so thus going from under 100% to under 100% isn't considered a buff.

Also, with the Thunder nerf to 110 BP, why employ rain to make it 100% accurate and thus, shifting your strategy, instead of using a 100% accurate 95 BP Thunderbolt?

Will-o-wisp is buffed, end of story. You will miss 10% less than previously, no matter how you look at it.

As for Yveltal, Flying STAB is actually quite useful. With Flying / Fire / Dark, it could hit a large amount of the metagame while retaining bulk. I personally like Foul Play because it would punish Ho-Oh. It doesn't hurt to hit Zekrom, who resists Oblivion Wing, as well.

So, has this thread already discussed giving Xerneas a Power Herb? I understand the lack of item being a major drawback, but a single-turn Geomancy could be useful. So what's the consensus on that?

Haruno

Will-o-wisp is buffed, end of story. You will miss 10% less than previously, no matter how you look at it.

As for Yveltal, Flying STAB is actually quite useful. With Flying / Fire / Dark, it could hit a large amount of the metagame while retaining bulk. I personally like Foul Play because it would punish Ho-Oh. It doesn't hurt to hit Zekrom, who resists Oblivion Wing, as well.
oblivion wing is weak, yveltal is pretty frail with a pretty shit typing and sr weak. Foul play is better than dark pulse though so no coplaints there. But having 135ish base offenses and relying on 80> bp moves? Lol. That is awful.

Icyman doesn't visit uber chats much though since anyone that does knows that any moves that has under 100% accuracy is the same to me. Not to mention you'll miss approx 13% less often if you really take it at face value but I digress lol.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
oblivion wing is weak, yveltal is pretty frail with a pretty shit typing and sr weak. Foul play is better than dark pulse though so no coplaints there. But having 135ish base offenses and relying on 80> bp moves? Lol. That is awful.
Couple things:

1) Considering Yveltal has 130/90/90 bulk minimum and a typing that lets him check Arceus-Ghost, Darkrai, and Giratina formes, I wouldn't say he's frail or has poor typing. Offensive Arceus-Ghost checks are hard to come by and his STABs are quite useful.
2) We know like 5 or 6 moves Yveltal learns for sure, there's still a lot we don't know about it. Xerneas seems to have a pretty wide movepool already and we're just at the tip of the iceberg, so I'm sure Yveltal's movepool will also be pretty good.
3) Chill out lol.

Definitely because of Shadow Tag. Even though it hits about has hard as LO Gengar, which isn't too strong by Ubers standards, it's going to be really effective at picking and choosing at least one member of the opposing team to eliminate thanks to Destiny Bond + Taunt coming from base 130 Speed. It'll even be able to absorb Toxic Spikes!

Haruno

Couple things:

1) Considering Yveltal has 130/90/90 bulk minimum and a typing that lets him check Arceus-Ghost, Darkrai, and Giratina formes, I wouldn't say he's frail or has poor typing. Offensive Arceus-Ghost checks are hard to come by and his STABs are quite useful.
2) We know like 5 or 6 moves Yveltal learns for sure, there's still a lot we don't know about it. Xerneas seems to have a pretty wide movepool already and we're just at the tip of the iceberg, so I'm sure Yveltal's movepool will also be pretty good.
3) Chill out lol.
1. I never said poor offensive typing. I said he has shitty moves (lol at two 80 base power stabs though dark pulse/foul play get double stab but mehs). 130/90/90 is absolutely pitiful bulk by uber standards if you factor in sr damage, and how it's weak to ice/elec/rock/fairy. 4 major weaknesses.
2. I'm sure, seems, more speculation. Overall has no water, it's better to use what we already know/have on hand than theorymon things that we think/hope it might have. So overall I'm not seeing your point.
3. I'm perfectly chill lol

lol relying on terribly weak moves. No just no.

Xerneas in Haruno logic there are only two types of accuracy. 100% accuracy or under 100% accuracy. All under 100% accuracy are equal so thus going from under 100% to under 100% isn't considered a buff.

Really? So you're saying that, for example, Fire Blast and Inferno are equal? Or Thunder and Zap Cannon? I could go on but I think you get my point here. Just, no.

1. I never said poor offensive typing. I said he has shitty moves (lol at two 80 base power stabs though dark pulse/foul play get double stab but mehs). 130/90/90 is absolutely pitiful bulk by uber standards if you factor in sr damage, and how it's weak to ice/elec/rock/fairy. 4 major weaknesses.
130/90/90 is strictly better than Tornadus-T, Thundurus, Skymin, Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Landorus, Genesect, and every Deoxys besides D.

2. I'm sure, seems, more speculation. Overall has no water, it's better to use what we already know/have on hand than theorymon things that we think/hope it might have. So overall I'm not seeing your point.
This is the XY Metagame Speculation thread.

Icyman doesn't visit uber chats much though since anyone that does knows that any moves that has under 100% accuracy is the same to me. Not to mention you'll miss approx 13% less often if you really take it at face value but I digress lol.
I wonder what is consider bulky in Uber to you. 150/120/120? Oh wait... those are the stats of Giratina-a which is a WALL. With SR being nerfed this gen, 130/90/90 is pretty damn solid especially for an offensive mon.

Weakness to ice/elec/rock/fairy? The only two "major weakness" is ice and fairy which is a common weakness among alot of Uber mons. Rock weakness is really just SR which as I mentioned is nerfed. Who uses electric attack besides Zekrom?

I'm not sure why you use 135 base offenses as an argument; did you not know Yveltal has an ability called Dark Aura which boosts dark type attacks?

whats wrong with u

3. I'm perfectly chill lol

Please use some proper grammar and spelling so that we see you as a mature and respectable person, rather than an illiterate child.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)