All Gens Implementing all old gens in PS - Testers required!

Turn 85
Charity Work withdrew BELLY DANCE (Chansey)!
Charity Work sent out DOPEMASTER (Exeggutor)!
Mimi Strauss used Wrap!
The foe's DOPEMASTER lost 4% of its health!
The foe's DOPEMASTER was wrapped by Mimi Strauss!
Turn 86
Mimi Strauss used Wrap!
The foe's DOPEMASTER lost 10% of its health!
The foe's DOPEMASTER is paralyzed! It can't move!
The foe's DOPEMASTER's Wrap ended!
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gen1oubeta-52004624

Something's very wrong here.

There seems to be a bug with Thief in GSC. I don't have the log but I remember using Thief twice against two different Pokemon with Leftovers and Thief didn't steal either of them. In fact, I chatted with my opponent about this, it was about three or four days ago. (And no, I didn't accidentaly use Leftovers on Skarm because I remember that it wasn't recovering health, Skarm had no item).

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There seems to be a bug with Thief in GSC. I don't have the log but I remember using Thief twice against two different Pokemon with Leftovers and Thief didn't steal either of them. In fact, I chatted with my opponent about this, it was about three or four days ago. (And no, I didn't accidentaly use Leftovers on Skarm because I remember that it wasn't recovering health, Skarm had no item).
?_? it works for me when I just tested it? haha.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Turn 29 of this log shows a Reflect Alakazam taking half the damage it should from a Tauros Critical Hit Body Slam.

EDIT: This is RBY by the way

Last edited:
Using a LK/D-E/Flamethrower/Rest Snorlax and it says:

Your team was rejected for the following reasons: - Snorlax can't learn Lovely Kiss because it's incompatible with another move.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Well no, don't "just use Return", DE LK lax is legal because the move LK existed in RBY. I think it's probably just an issue with an overly broad restriction on having both a GSC event move and an RBY-exclusive level-up/TM move, which is only a valid restriction if the GSC event move did not exist in RBY.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Well no, don't "just use Return", DE LK lax is legal because the move LK existed in RBY. I think it's probably just an issue with an overly broad restriction on having both a GSC event move and an RBY-exclusive level-up/TM move, which is only a valid restriction if the GSC event move did not exist in RBY.
No I meant, use return until the problem is fixed :/

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gen2oubeta-54872009
(I'm on the right in the replay)

The problem I've detected there is related with poison damage. When you switch out a Pokémon and the switched-in Pokémon is already poisoned, it should take poison damage as soon as it enters the field. However in some instances that didn't happen.
For example:

Turn 6

straits withdrew Snorlax!

straits sent out Tyranitar!

Umbreon used Toxic!
[DEBUG] randBW(100) = 83.
The foe's Tyranitar was badly poisoned!

Here's where my Tyranitar got poisoned. Normal so far.

Turn 22

straits withdrew Snorlax!

straits sent out Tyranitar!
[DEBUG] randBW(4) = 3.

Raikou used Roar!
[DEBUG] randBW(100) = 73.
[DEBUG] randBW(4) = 2.

Starmie was dragged out!

The foe's Starmie restored HP using its Leftovers!
Raikou restored HP using its Leftovers!

Tyranitar was still poisoned at this point. However, it didn't take any poison damage when I switched it in.

There were more instances where this occured. Watch the replay to check it.

Likewise, Sleep Powder isn't working on Grass-types.

Also, I've observed Metronome calling moves that don't exist in the generation in question.

Wrap seems to be last 5 turns way more often than it should. It will often do 5 wraps 4-5 times in a row. I think the probabilities haven't been set correctly. I know PO had a similiar issue.

Also, it says clamps accuracy is 85. It was changed to 85 in later gens, but in RBY its 75. Not sure if the sim acknowledges that its 75 in RBY or not.

Edit- I'd like is someone could check the freeze chance on ice beam. In the last 10-15 battles I've had something has been frozen within 2-5 ice beams. It seems to have an abnormally high freeze rate. It could just be ridiculous RNG though.

Last edited:

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Turn 25
Dragonite used Wrap!
It's not very effective... The foe's Rhydon lost 1% of its health!
The foe's Rhydon was wrapped by Dragonite!
The foe's Rhydon can't move!
Turn 26
Dragonite used Wrap!
The foe's Rhydon lost 19% of its health!

Wrap doing 19% to a rhydon, ever, without a crit, this doesn't seem very right to me. Also, the wrap didn't end, my opponent could not change moves until wrap ran out of pp. If i switched something in, it did normal damage first turn, and big damage the rest of the turns. Clamp worked as before tho.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gen1oubeta-60750978

Can someone seriously test the freeze rate of ice beam in RBY please? I've had at LEAST one freeze every battle for like the last 15 battles, most of those usually having 2. There always seems to be freezes within 2-5 ice beams. It could just be really crazy RNG, but I'm starting to get suspicious.

Turn 25
Dragonite used Wrap!
It's not very effective... The foe's Rhydon lost 1% of its health!
The foe's Rhydon was wrapped by Dragonite!
Turn 26
Dragonite used Wrap!
The foe's Rhydon lost 19% of its health!

Wrap doing 19% to a rhydon, ever, without a crit, this doesn't seem very right to me. Also, the wrap didn't end, my opponent could not change moves until wrap ran out of pp. If i switched something in, it did normal damage first turn, and big damage the rest of the turns. Clamp worked as before tho.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gen1oubeta-60750978
Yeah, Wrap does identical damage every turn (there's only one damage roll per PP use), so this is definitely bugged to hell and back. I did mention this earlier.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
still wouldn't be good considering its STABs consist of Fury Cutter and Steel Wing

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In GSC event moves are incompatible with RBY trade moves. For example Growth + Substitute on the Eeveelutions or Lovely Kiss + Double Edge on Snorlax. And this isn't the way it works in-game.

In GSC event moves are incompatible with RBY trade moves. For example Growth + Substitute on the Eeveelutions or Lovely Kiss + Double Edge on Snorlax. And this isn't the way it works in-game.
This has been reported before. But I doubt that any of this is going to be corrected soon, specially since 6th gen is now the main center of attention on Showdown...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)