The Ubers Replay Thread

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hyper offense vs hyper offense makes for exciting games (even if the matchup is not ideal):

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-54733121

Obviously I would prefer if that last turn never happened. Hack outplayed me throughout (except for when I got to set up for free with RP Groudon, which immensely threatened his team at that point). Aside from that turn, however, the match features good plays and solid teams.

I accidentally used an ou team on the ubers ladder and won:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-55895024
Well things to note would be that his hydro pump missed twice which would have gotten the chance to 2hko ferro in rain at +1 (assuming positive nature and maximum investment on both ends). Also he ran a nightmare Darkrai so i'm confident that your opponent was not a particularly experienced player. Luck on your side and lackluster opponent aside, it wasn't really a noteworthy match.

Hyper offense vs hyper offense makes for exciting games (even if the matchup is not ideal):

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-54733121

Obviously I would prefer if that last turn never happened. Hack outplayed me throughout (except for when I got to set up for free with RP Groudon, which immensely threatened his team at that point). Aside from that turn, however, the match features good plays and solid teams.
Dragon Tail hitting 16 times nullifies your win, Hack wins.

I just had this game. I thought it was pretty cool, and very close.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-56545091
Ludicolo in my opinion HAS to run Focus Blast as a filler. Otherwise, it requires you to (like any bulky water without Scald or coverage) to predict perfectly every switch in order to prevent hazards.

Also, just in general when using stall breakers vs stall, you need to predict a lot to get the upper hand. IE on turn 1 you could have used one of your attacking moves to force Syrim to use a recovery move the next turn depending on what he sent in, letting you move freely the next turn. It's very unlikely he would leave in Tenta on Kyurem-B and it is equally unlikely you could sweep with Kyurem-B before residual damage.

You played fairly well but your team needs more speed on it IMO.

Last edited:
Ludicolo in my opinion HAS to run Focus Blast as a filler. Otherwise, it requires you to (like any bulky water without Scald or coverage) to predict perfectly every switch in order to prevent hazards.

Also, just in general when using stall breakers vs stall, you need to predict a lot to get the upper hand. IE on turn 1 you could have used one of your attacking moves to force Syrim to use a recovery move the next turn depending on what he sent in, letting you move freely the next turn. It's very unlikely he would leave in Tenta on Kyurem-B and it is equally unlikely you could sweep with Kyurem-B before residual damage.

You played fairly well but your team needs more speed on it IMO.
Thankyou for your opinion. I will consider focus blast over ice beam on ludi, but since I dont ev into offence anyway, I dont really mind then switching forre into ferro and taking the spikes, setting my own, or spinning. My kyurem only ran dragon tail and fusion bolt, so I was mostly looking for a filler turn, or in the event syrim over predded. I do agree with the point on speed, at the moment I am using ludi to revenge most, but what would u suggest?

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thankyou for your opinion. I will consider focus blast over ice beam on ludi, but since I dont ev into offence anyway, I dont really mind then switching forre into ferro and taking the spikes, setting my own, or spinning. My kyurem only ran dragon tail and fusion bolt, so I was mostly looking for a filler turn, or in the event syrim over predded. I do agree with the point on speed, at the moment I am using ludi to revenge most, but what would u suggest?
May I ask why you're using Kyurem-B instead of Zekrom? I realize that it generally has slightly higher stats than Zekrom, but Zekrom at least is not weak to SR (which essentially compensates for the slightly worse bulk) and gets STAB on Fusion Bolt (or Bolt Strike in its place if accuracy is not a major concern).

I don't get Syrim's last handful of turns when calze only had Lando and ludi left. Couldn't he have just phazed him out one more time (and wake up in the process) so that the following turn he could sack tenta and get ferro into seed for the win. (by stalling with the now awake and faster tina)

May I ask why you're using Kyurem-B instead of Zekrom? I realize that it generally has slightly higher stats than Zekrom, but Zekrom at least is not weak to SR (which essentially compensates for the slightly worse bulk) and gets STAB on Fusion Bolt (or Bolt Strike in its place if accuracy is not a major concern).
Mainly to tank groudon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)