Pokémon Blaziken

Status
Not open for further replies.
On top of my head, nothing else, really aside from increased Speed (allows you to outrun Scarf Latios and Chlorophyll users). Mega Blaziken's just there if you want to use Baton Pass with Blaze Blaziken, or if you'd like to use Speed Boost Blaziken without LO revoil (it's only slightly weaker than normal LO, iirc). That passive damage CAN add up.
Quick note: thanks to changed breeding mechanics, Speed Boost Blaziken can learn Baton Pass. No Mega required

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
There is nothing relevant that adamant blaze can't outspeed at +2 that megablaze can though.......
The key thing here is "+2." Mega Blaziken can outrun things at +1 while normal Blaziken may have to dawdle around some Choice Scarf users before getting to +2. 80 Speed isn't exactly the best thing ever at +1, or even +2 for that matter.

The key thing here is "+2." Mega Blaziken can outrun things at +1 while normal Blaziken may have to dawdle around some Choice Scarf users before getting to +2. 80 Speed isn't exactly the best thing ever.
Plus: Adamant LO Blaziken cannot outspeed Choice Scarf Terrakion at +2. Adamant MegaBlaziken can. So there's that

There is nothing relevant that adamant blaze can't outspeed at +2 that megablaze can though.......
+2 Adamant Blaziken fails to outspeed Scarf users with base 108 Spe or more, namely Terrakion and Keldeo, which is a pretty big deal. This also includes Scarf Latios and uncommon Scarf users such as Infernape and Starmie. Assuming we start with the same sort of initial banlist that we started with for BW OU, there might also be Pokemon such as Kingdra and Adamant Excadrill in their respective weathers that Blaziken will have to worry about while Mega Blaziken will not, depending on how popular those end up being. Even if you're not worried about those, you have to ask yourself if an extra 5% power is worth losing 10% of your HP with every attack and losing 10 base points on each defensive stat.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
I wasnt here at the time Ou was Blaziken's bitch here (i swear i wouldve loved to tho), but as of right now, i dont see Chuck Norris in pokemon Blaziken getting banned, due to the the slight increase in the amount of checks we have now, namely Azumarill and Talonflame, and its favorite weather getting nerfed, which means now itll have a bit of a harder time going on a sweep.

That is tho, at this stage of the metagame, we cannot predict anything, i must accept i find no mayor problems on BP blaziken but that might be because i havent ever faced it, but if the weather nerf proves to be non-consequential on Blaze, i do find this thing to be a prime candidate for ubers.

Btw i forgot to say Mega Blaziken completely outclasses BLaziken in my eyes, 100 base speed is ridicoulusly huge given Speed Boost, and that added bulk gives him a greater ease of set up that the weather nerf (probably) took out of him.

Rofl i just read through my comment and saw how sleepy i am.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sad to say, this will probably be the most dominant Mega. I'm not even shivering at the thought of Mega Blaziken itself, just what it can Baton Pass to. Genesect, Breloom, Salamence, Gyarados... *shudders*

Sad to say, this will probably be the most dominant Mega. I'm not even shivering at the thought of Mega Blaziken itself, just what it can Baton Pass to. Genesect, Breloom, Salamence, Gyarados... *shudders*
Whit the new breed mechanics(males can pass hidden abilities, females can pass moves) you can just run vanilla Blaziken whit an actual item such as Focus Sash or Leftovers. Mega Blaziken seems pointless to me outside of the little extra speed.

That speed is actually a pretty big deal, and it along with the extra power and bulk make Mega Blaziken the better choice for physical sweeping sets. That point has been driven into the ground already, though. The real problem with Mega Blaziken isn't whether it's worth using over regular Blaziken, but whether it's worth using over another Mega Pokemon. Blaziken by itself is still fantastic, and so it really doesn't need a Mega stone to succeed, freeing up a spot for another Mega Pokemon on your team. For instance, Mega Gengar + Blaziken looks like a really cool combo. Let Gengar trap and kill potential problems like Slowbro and Jellicent, and Blaziken will sweep that much more easily. Heck, you can even Baton Pass straight to Gengar as the opponent brings in their check/counter and trap them right then and there. Of course, you'll have to Mega evolve Gengar at some point earlier in the match, but it will be worth it.

Basically, if you don't plan to use another Mega, use Mega Blaziken. If you do use another mega, Blaziken's fine too. Mega Blaziken's on that borderline of viability between "absolute must" and "not worth it"

Basically, if you don't plan to use another Mega, use Mega Blaziken. If you do use another mega, Blaziken's fine too. Mega Blaziken's on that borderline of viability between "absolute must" and "not worth it"
No, it isn't on the borderline. It's safely in the "if you can fit it in, good, if you can't, here's this slightly less viable alternative to abuse with what you thought should be fit in instead."

Anyone have any good ideas on what would make good team partners for Blaziken on Wifi battles?
Anything that can set up the sun, anything that has either Wide Guard (for EQ) or Follow Me, anything that can keep the heat off Blaziken, and...

it still won't help because Blaziken can't spread enough damage to win.

I had an idea for Blaziken. Just wondering if anyone has tried/worked with this set before and/or if it proved to be effective:

Bulky Baton Passer:
Leftovers/Lum Berry/Sitrus Berry/Mental Herb/Liechi Berry
Impish Nature
Speed Boost
252HP 252Def 6SpD

Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Protect
Substitute/Flare Blitz

This blaziken's one and only real goal is to pass off as many swords dance and speed boosts as possible. Utilizing its speed and substitute along with protect and surprise factor (most people will expect a sweeping blaziken), it might be able to surprise your opponent. If your opponent guesses wrong for 2 turns (brings out blazi counters like landorus/scarf latios/etc and attacks) and does not have a prankster taunt user, they will have a very difficult time stopping blaziken from passing +2/+4 attack and +2/more speed to another very dangerous poke such as mega mawile/kanga/gyrados/garchomp or whatever physical poke you desire. Each berry/item clearly has its benefits. Personally I like the concept of Mental Herb or Liechi Berry more than the others.

Flare blitz is an option in the case of a successful taunt and perhaps a more offensive nature would be preferred in this case.

Anyway, I think this set could prove to have some element of surprise to an opponent who could be expecting mega/life orb set from blaziken.

Last edited:
Once upon a time, TrollFreak was thinking, "Hmm, how could we screw with the metagame even more?"

They hit upon a dastardly plan.

"Let's allow males to pass down Hidden Abilities!"

And so DW Blaziken could breed and so obtained Baton Pass...

Screw it all.

Now Mega or not everything about him scream "Uber". Normal Blaziken is so good its probably unnecessary to waste a mega slot for him..

Does jolly Mega Blaziken have any uses over its adamant counterpart? I looked at the analysis for Blaziken and it recommends jolly for normal Blaziken so I went ahead and bread a jolly one. But all the sets here seem to suggest adamant would be best.

Does Mega Blaziken lose any important KOs if you go with jolly over adamant?

I wonder if Talonflame will get some usage considering it should be a good counter. With Gale Wings it can hit Blaziken with a STAB Brave Bird. Put that with a choice band and there shouldn't be much that can shrug that off. Talonflame can also resist Blazieln's two STABs which should make switch-ins easier.

I wonder if Talonflame will get some usage considering it should be a good counter. With Gale Wings it can hit Blaziken with a STAB Brave Bird. Put that with a choice band and there shouldn't be much that can shrug that off. Talonflame can also resist Blazieln's two STABs which should make switch-ins easier.
TFlame, Azumarill, and Mega Pinsir are why Blaziken will stay OU IMO and not go to ubers

TFlame, Azumarill, and Mega Pinsir are why Blaziken will stay OU IMO and not go to ubers
Talonflame is OHKOed by Hi Jump Kick from +0 LO Blaziken after Stealth Rock. Mega Pinsir is OHKOed by Flare Blitz and can't OHKO with Aerilate Quick Attack, and is outsped after a boost. Azumarill I'll give you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)