Other Looking Ahead to Gen VI Mark II (SEE POSTS #818 & #858)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Is Assault Vest Ttar even OHKOed by Focus Blast?
doesn't even come close. It needs 3 layers of spikes + sr to even have a chance of being ohko'd lol

252+ SpA Gengar Focus Blast vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in sand: 224-268 (55.44 - 66.33%) -- 6.25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Spikes

Actually on review, Megagar may not as devastating offensively. Timid lifeorb gar hits harder then timid megagar, And megagar will have to run timid to outspeed positive natured base twenties such as alakazam and weavile, as well as base 85 scarfers. Not being able to hold an item really hurts it.
I think megagar would be best utilised in a support role, abusing shadow tag and eliminating Key threats for your team.

Possible set that noones mentioned, mono attacking gengar with sub, pain split, destiny bond and shadow ball?

So how specially defensive IS Assault vest Tyranitar? Like, WTF you need 3 layers of spikes + SR so you can have a small chance to OHKO with a quadruple effective move. I'm very scared now....

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
serebii said:
10:30: We have updated the XY Pokédex with the base stats of the Pokémon. Our team has calculated them and we believe they're correct to a minimal margin of error (at most plus or minus 5). The various pages in the XY section have also been updated with them
As can be seen here.

Naturally, it'll have to be taken with a pinch of salt, but skimming over them, they appear to be consistent with what I've seen in-game thus far.

So, I'm looking to use Trevenant, Malamar, and possibly Gourgheist against friends, but I'm unsure of which natures would be good for each one, and which EVs I should go for.

I'm currently using a Brave Trevenant, Adamant Malamar, and I haven't started breeding Pumpkaboos yet.

(On a side note, is there any possible way you can breed Boomburst down from Noivern and chain breed it to a Ralts baby? XP)

So is it me or is there no legendary trio thats being introduced in this gen? Obviously there are the cover legendaries, but there has always been a legendary trio with 580/600 BST introduced every generation.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
If it hasn't been brought up already, poison type Pokemon essentially have no guard when using toxic. As in, the move will never miss under any circumstance.

guys, I have a question: where can I catch amaura with hidden ability (snow warning)? I heard that I can catch it in friend safari. although I have over 80 friends, no amaura appeared. why? can I ever catch amaura with hidden ability?
thanks

I wonder... Since GF has not given us many rapid spinners this gen, maybe they gave a different move a buff that removes hazards from your side. I'm thinking maybe Defog? As of Gen five, all it did was remove hazards and walls (reflect, light screen, etc) from the opponents side, but not yours. I wonder if they changed it to remove stuff on both sides.

Mostly just baseless speculation, but it would help sooo much to have a move that is not rapid spin clear hazards.

well there are only 15 fully evolved pokemon that can learn the move, and last Gen there was only 2 Pokemon that got Rapid Spin. So only having one or two (I know Avalugg is confirmed, but there could be another one) is normal therefore I wouldn't plan on something as ground breaking as Defog actually having a competitive use.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
One Heatran set I look forward to using next gen is:

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This was actually the best Heatran set in Gen IV, imo, and died in Gen V due to the change in sleep mechanics. Now that things are back to the way that they should be, this set should see quite a bit more use due its sheer resilience and effectiveness alongside entry hazards. Not to mention, the Drizzle nerf has caused widespread celebration among Heatrans of all ages and stripes.

I think we'll be seeing flash cannon on a lot more Heatran to counter Fairies, since most of them have high spD, and an uninvested Lava Plume won't do much. It's gonna be encountering a lot more of them since it's one of the few reliable counters of them.

Heatran fails to counter Azumarill and Granbull though. Azumarill for obvious reasons, Granbull because of Earthquake and Roar (and Superpower, once the trading starts).

well there are only 15 fully evolved pokemon that can learn the move, and last Gen there was only 2 Pokemon that got Rapid Spin. So only having one or two (I know Avalugg is confirmed, but there could be another one) is normal therefore I wouldn't plan on something as ground breaking as Defog actually having a competitive use.
Darn you rationality!!! Well, at least avalugg got confirmed so that I can have my non-normal rapid spin, now if only rock resisted rock...

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
actually you were right, Defog now affects both users
Wow, if this is the case, it could be huge for the metagame. It's essentially a more flexible (albeit double-sided) rapid spin that can't be blocked. Considering it has decent distribution, it will be interesting if it actually sees some use.

Somebody started a thread on Hydreigon that got me thinking: many of the changes have been bad for it but there is a silver lining.
Obviously, the Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse nerf, the Fairy x4 weakness and the fact that they completely wall its STABs is not good news.
But OTOH, most Steels no longer resist Dark and a number of them (Metagross, Bronzong, Jirachi, Aegislash) will take SE damage.
Also Hydreigon's movepool is almost endless so it does get Flash Cannon via TM 91 as a way to hit a predicted Fairy switch-in.
So maybe it'll adapt and find a niche depending on how the metagame shapes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)