*Big* News for breeding in XY.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just bred a quint-Vivillon using this method. I'm so happy that breeders' Pokemon can now match RNGers'. :D
Could before, ya know. It's not like it was impossible to get good IVs in earlier generations.

The easiest way in the long run to get quint perfect pokemon with the right nature is to find a friend with a ditto in their friend safari and catch about 90 ditto which is the median number of pokemon you need to catch to get one each of the 20 natures that aren't neutral. Although some natures are complete garbage and you can ignore (Who ever uses a lax nature???) Pokemon caught in the friend safari also at least have 2 perfect Iv's meaning with 90 ditto, you will get more then enough to have every single 2 perfect IV combination. You will more than likely have several tri-perfect making it pretty easy to chain breed until you get 2 babies with your desired nature, egg moves and a 5 different perfect Iv's between them. Then just attach destiny knot and everstone and hatch eggs like no tomorrow.

Last edited:
It's still a pretty mixed back because even though you get 5 IVs from parents, getting the first mon with 5 flawless IVs in each breeding group, or even just the first mon with 5 flawless IVs is something of a nightmare. Still, I suppose this means when you breed 5/6 IV'd Pokes you don't have to recross that threshold over and over again which is quite nice.

Pokémon XY has so many good things going for it and now this little bit of info has been revealed...
I wish that legends got more than 3 perfect IVs though cos we can't breed them. What is the chances of getting a flawless legend in this gen? has anyone got one yet?
I have a 31/31/31/31/24/31 Xerneas Modest, took me 2 days of SR. You just need a Synch.
Ive seen some good one with 31 in the right stats.

Regarding breeding, not sure if this has been tested.
But if the parents have the same IV's are they automatically passed down as part of Destiny Knot inheritance?

Last edited:
Regarding breeding, not sure if this has been tested.
But if the parents have the same IV's are they automatically passed down as part of Destiny Knot inheritance?
Think of it like this. It's like playing coin flipping and you get to pick which coins to use before the game. You can pick coins with two heads, two tails, or a normal coin. You want to pick coins with two heads and avoid coins with two tails. With IVs it's the same principle (which is to say, avoid using two parents that have the same stat with imperfect IVs). Destiny Knot will still pick a stat to be determined at random, but the other stats will come out as always 31 if both parents have 31 IVs in those stats.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It's still a pretty mixed back because even though you get 5 IVs from parents, getting the first mon with 5 flawless IVs in each breeding group, or even just the first mon with 5 flawless IVs is something of a nightmare. Still, I suppose this means when you breed 5/6 IV'd Pokes you don't have to recross that threshold over and over again which is quite nice.
Out of curiosity, have you actually tried breeding in XY already? I have a friend who has 3 quint-flawless pokémon with dozens of good parents in three days. It really IS that easy.

Out of curiosity, have you actually tried breeding in XY already? I have a friend who has 3 quint-flawless pokémon with dozens of good parents in three days. It really IS that easy.
I concur. They really threw several bones for competitive breeding in this game. I've never tried for perfect or flawless Pokemon in any previous game because it was too time consuming, but yesterday I managed a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Magikarp within 60 minutes. It helped a lot that Magikarp eggs hatch so quickly (and with the hatching O-power, it takes less than 2 laps of the breeding bike path to hatch a single egg), but the +2 perfect IVs from Pokemon at the Friend Safari and the added mechanics really make things beautiful.

BTW i have a nice "trick" to maximize style , i just keep buying Lumiose Galette when i buy 190 i maxed Style and got the last O-Power (also buy the Mega Stone for Venusaur and Blastoise for 10,000)

Okay, so I'm new to this whole breeding thing, so somebody help a poor noob out...

I have a modest Synchronize Kirlia. I used it to catch a modest Clawitzer.

I need a Ditto with perfect IV's. I can find a Ditto at a friend safari which will always at least have two.

From there, I give the Clawitzer an Everstone and Ditto the Destiny Knot. Is that it? Where are all these other perfect IV's that people seem to be getting coming from? Do I just need to get lucky finding a Ditto somewhere?

Okay, so I'm new to this whole breeding thing, so somebody help a poor noob out...

I need a Ditto with perfect IV's. I can find a Ditto at a friend safari which will always at least have two.

From there, I give the Clawitzer an Everstone and Ditto the Destiny Knot. Is that it? Where are all these other perfect IV's that people seem to be getting coming from? Do I just need to get lucky finding a Ditto somewhere?
Finding a 31/31/31/31/31/31 ditto in the safari is still very rare. It is a 1 in 1048576 chance. (1/32^4) The best way is to find multiple ditto and chain breed until you get two clawwitzers with perfect iv's in 3 or 4. Always use the destiny knot to breed more than 1 perfect IV. The power items are obsolete now because ditto's with 2 perfect iv's are readily available.

This looks promising however how is everyone verifying the iv's? is ther a iv calculator for gen 6
Talk to the purple-haired NPC inside the Pokemon center in Kiloude city. He tells you which stats are perfect. And you can use old stat calculators for Pokemon whose stats haven't changed, or if you really want, manually calculate the IVs by hand by solving for IV in the base stat formula.

This looks promising however how is everyone verifying the iv's? is ther a iv calculator for gen 6
I simply go have a talk with the Stats Judge in Kiloude City, as it takes no effort in spotting Pokémon with perfect IVs and distill them to perfection. Extra points if you have friend safari Dittos, who almost always come with two perfect Ivs.

Also, when you nail down a hexa or penta flawless critter, it's actually easier to breed those stats from egg group to egg group as opposed to start a breeding chain from scratch. From my perfect ralts, I produced a perfect shellos that is now pulling a HSOWA with my Blastoise. I'm expecting Rain Dish squirtles within the next 24 hours. Inside Dive Balls no less.

Last edited:

You breed your initial Clawitzer with your ditto until the baby clawitzer (1) inherits the 2 31 IVs from the ditto.

You then mate the baby Clawitzer (1) with another ditto or female that has 2 31 IVs in other stats that you want until the baby Clawitzer (2) inherits all 4 31 IVs

You then mate the new baby Clawitzer (2) with another ditto or female that has the final set of perfect IVs that you want until the baby Clawitzer (3) has all 5-6 IVs that you want.

Maybe I'm not understanding this: Is it a guaranteed five IVs from Destiny Knot, or is it just likely five? Because I have my Frogadier with perfect HP and Sp. Attack holding Destiny Knot breeding with Timid Ditto holding Everstone with perfect Sp. Def and Speed, hoping to eventually get a Froakie with perfect HP, Sp. Attack, and Speed. First egg only had perfect Speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)