Programming SmogDex Teambuilder

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is a wonderful tool sandshrewz, thank you for making it. I can't seem to get it to work for Darmanitan though. Otherwise it's incredibly useful for expediting the teambuilding process. Should be on the front page.
Woops. Missed out Darminatan when I was removing the brackets. Fixed! Thanks :)

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You should also make Pokemon that are meant to be level 1 default to level 1 in the teambuilder. This includes things like Aron, Pineco, FEARgle, and Level 2 Probopass, idk if I missed anything, but these Pokemon do not work unless they're at that level, so you should make the export export the levels too!

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You should also make Pokemon that are meant to be level 1 default to level 1 in the teambuilder. This includes things like Aron, Pineco, FEARgle, and Level 2 Probopass, idk if I missed anything, but these Pokemon do not work unless they're at that level, so you should make the export export the levels too!
I've thought about this too but never got to it haha. The hard thing is there's no standard set names for those Pokemon so I'll need to write exceptions or make them Lvl 1 based on their movesets like Endeavour + Sash / Sturdy etc and figure it out from there ~ I'll give it more thought when I have the time haha. Thanks for bringing it up! :)

Excellent job on this <3 at first, I thought it was the same as building a team from scratch, but then I realized how useful this can be!

sandshrewz

POTATO
I've made the export PO friendly. It doesn't export Level and IVs if you're exporting to PO and Hidden Power [Type] instead of Hidden Power Type :)

Maybe a random question, but is there a possibilty in the next future to add a randomizer-function ^__^?

great work, i love you for that :X

sandshrewz

POTATO
Maybe a random question, but is there a possibilty in the next future to add a randomizer-function ^__^?

great work, i love you for that :X
I doubt so. This teambuilder is for building teams quickly by using Smogon sets. Idk what a randomizer would be of any good since it doesn't encourage team building ?_?

This is really nice but one suggestion:
When you select a set, why not suggest a set of partners in that tier? It makes teambuilding easier(e.g. Celetran) and at the same time makes the teambuilder aware of cores he/she hasn't tried before.

sandshrewz

POTATO
This is really nice but one suggestion:
When you select a set, why not suggest a set of partners in that tier? It makes teambuilding easier(e.g. Celetran) and at the same time makes the teambuilder aware of cores he/she hasn't tried before.
hmmmmm nahhh. I've thought of getting teammates from the Additional Comments section but it's not feasible currently as it also mentions other random Pokemon. Celetran isn't that good this gen either :s There's the Go to Pokedex button which I'd prefer for people to use if they want to look for teammates in the analysis :) Hard coding teammates probably wouldn't be a good idea because suggested teammates via code can be misleading sometimes :d

I doubt so. This teambuilder is for building teams quickly by using Smogon sets. Idk what a randomizer would be of any good since it doesn't encourage team building ?_?
I understand that completely, it's just like exploring new pokemon that you wouldn't use normally.

So like, give me 6 random pokemon from the smogon dex and I will show you that they are kickin' ass :)

sandshrewz

POTATO
Tried to fix it but it's still happening. Porygon2 isn't showing up and it seems there are 2 Porygon instead.
Oops lol. I'll edit it via the new scms later... (note that changes for both scms will not appear) and edits for non dex stuff are disabled dc :| I have no idea if editing stuff there would have any undesired consequences. Fsr the text on the dex button isn't appearing on phone. Will look into that. It used to work though :d 3g was being dumb twice lmao !

edit: fixed via new scms. changes won't take into effect for now though. Thanks dc :)

edit2: changes are now on-site :)!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)