Pokémon Aromatisse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aromatisse
Type -
Fairy
Base Stats - 101 HP / 72 Atk / 72 Def / 99 SpA / 89 SpD / 29 Spe

[Pros]
  • Aromatisse possesses excellent typing in pure Fairy.
  • It's one of the most physically defensive Fairies with 101/72/89 defenses.
  • It packs a great utility movepool including Dual Screens, Aromatherapy, Wish, etc
  • Aroma Veil provides immunity to Taunt, Torment, Disable, and Encore, which is wonderful for a support Pokemon.
  • It can pass 203 HP Wishes.
[Cons]
  • It's incredibly slow. Slower than Slowbro. Yeah, really, it's that slow.
  • It doesn't have any way to deal with Steel-types.
  • Aromatisse lacks the incredible special defense of other Fairy-types, such as Florges.
  • Its stats are nearly a carbon-copy of Clefable and it faces a ton of competition for a teamslot.
[Set Recommendations]

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe), 0 Spe IV
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy / Toxic
  • Good typing, defenses, and ability for a support
  • Provides 203 HP Wishes to support the team
  • Aromatherapy protects Aromatisse from Toxic while also supporting the team
  • Protect keeps Aromatisse alive when combined with Wish, and can be used with Toxic to stall
  • Unlike most supports, it isn't taunt-bait because it's immune!
  • STAB Moonblast provides reliable damage
  • EVs maximize physical bulk with remainder in SpD, dropping speed to protect against Gyro Ball - Ferrothorn's is 35 BP (16.25 - 19.21%), Forretress is 20 BP.
[Checks and Counters]
  • Steel-types. Pokemon like Scizor, Skarmory, Aegislash, Excadrill, or Mawile can easily switch in and set up.
  • Poison-types, such as Venusaur, Roserade, and Gengar. They can KO with STAB Sludge Bombs and only fear the odd Psychic attack
  • Bulky set-up sweepers in general that don't fear Moonblast (Volcarona, etc)
  • Vulnerable to Toxic without Aromatherapy

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, Sylveon gets Calm Mind, too, as well as Shadow Ball for coverage. It trades about 10 points of defense for 35 points of speed over Aromatisse.
At least this thing has better defense then Sylveon :P. I actually have been using a similar set to the one posted in custom battles and it has worked out pretty well. Sylveon will probably always be better but this thing actually should be viable in a lot of tiers IMO (UU and down)

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You might want to use Aromatisse's research thread for that movepool...

That said, while I doubt it'll be particularly good in higher levels of play, Aromatisse has some potential in lower tiers, and almost has a niche over other pure Fairies like Sylveon and Florges due to its more expansive movepool (better than Slurpuff due to stat distribution). Access to Flash Cannon for opposing Fairies doesn't hurt either. However, its Speed is downright awful and it will likely find itself stuck as exclusively a bulky booster in lower tiers.

I just breed Slurpuff with a Female Spritzee, and Wish came out as an Egg Move, which I also posted on the research Thread.

This may become a slightly better Cleric than Slurpuff even, but I'm not really sure yet...

if musharna and audino had a baby it would be this. if it actually gets wish, then its a pretty reasonable cleric.

something like

leftovers
whatever junk ability
56 sdef / 252 hp / 200 def
bold
- aromatherapy
- wish
- moonblast
- protect / toxic / generic support move

its not gonna be making any waves in ou but in ru or nu it might be viable

if musharna and audino had a baby it would be this. if it actually gets wish, then its a pretty reasonable cleric.

its not gonna be making any waves in ou but in ru or nu it might be viable

1, I'm still thinking Aromatisse will get a slice of UU, and 2, this is my own version of the Offensive Cleric Set:

Leftovers
Healer / Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Spe - SpA / 74 Def - SpD
Bold / Timid / Modest

- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Moonblast / Draining Kiss (You get 75% damage healed back to you)
- Psychic / Protect / Toxic / Psyshock / Calm Mind

Last edited:
1, I'm still thinking Aromatisse will get a slice of UU, and 2, this is my own version of the Offensive Cleric Set:

Leftovers
Healer / Arooma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Spe - SpA / 74 Def - SpD
Bold / Timid / Modest

- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Moonblast / Draining Kiss (You get 75% damage healed back to you)
- Psychic / Protect / Toxic / Psyshock

Draining Kiss has 50 BP tho.

Honestlty, it looks like Clefable with barely better Def and HP, half the Speed, a shallower movepool, and no Magic Guard. Though I guess it does have an advantage over Clefable by learning Flash Cannon, at least.

Singles: Literally no reason to run this thing over clefable. EVER. worse movepool, slower than dirt, no magic guard or unaware.

Doubles (where its supposed to be): eh, I guess it would be ok in doubles but id rather use slurpuff for the complete immunity to sleep and surf.

Eh, imo, Draining Kiss should be considered the primary slash on Calm Mind sets. Healing 75% damage dealt is amazing.

Eh, imo, Draining Kiss should be considered the primary slash on Calm Mind sets. Healing 75% damage dealt is amazing.
Especially with a 2+ boosted SpA, Draining Kiss is surprisingly effective; even more than Moon Blast.

Horn Leech, you have met your match.

People seem to be forgetting something crucial about Aromatisse: Its access to Trick Room along with its low speed. Aromatisse would work nice as a Trick Room setter on a Trick Room team, due to its low speed and handy resistances. Unlike other common Trick Room setters, Aromatisse doesn't get screwed over by Pursuit, making it a nice choice as a Trick Room setter. If it were to function on a Trick Room team, it would probably look something like this:

Aromatisse:
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed / Sassy
Ability: Healer / Aroma Veil
EV's: 252 HP / ??? Def / ??? SpD
Moves:
Trick Room
Moon Blast / Draining Kiss
Wish / Heal Pulse
Protect / Psychic / Sweet Kiss

Trick Room sets up for friends such as Conkeldurr and Reuniclus to sweep, and even allows Aromatisse to take advantage of it in a number of ways. Moon Blast and Draining Kiss are the two STAB moves: Moon Blast is more powerful, while Draining Kiss gives Aromatisse some extra stalling and healing options. Wish and Heal Pulse are the two healing moves: Wish can be used to heal other Pokemon, while Heal Pulse is more quick. Protect, Psychic, or Sweet Kiss fill the last slot. Protect allows Aromatisse to scout and take advantage of Wish, Psychic provides coverage against Poison Types, and Sweet Kiss can cause confusion to create time to switch to a sweeper such as Conkeldurr or Reuniclus or heal instead.

Sounds good on paper, but I'd rather give a chance to Fell Stinger. I believe the main problem with this move is it's predictability. I mean, when using Fury Cutter, it becomes kinda obvious that the move will be used repeatedly in order to build power, thus, giving a chance to your opponent to switch out into something that laughs at it and hits back.

If I had to use it, though, I'd say that the best candidate is by far Durant, which has access to Hone Claws to remedy the accuracy issue and a pretty decent Speed stat to go along with it. Maybe Choice Band Durant could revenge kill with Fury Cutter and start building damage, but it'd have to forgo Hustle as it makes it quite unreliable.

Gimmickly at best.

People seem to be forgetting something crucial about Aromatisse: Its access to Trick Room along with its low speed. Aromatisse would work nice as a Trick Room setter on a Trick Room team, due to its low speed and handy resistances. Unlike other common Trick Room setters, Aromatisse doesn't get screwed over by Pursuit, making it a nice choice as a Trick Room setter. If it were to function on a Trick Room team, it would probably look something like this:

Aromatisse:
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed / Sassy
Ability: Healer / Aroma Veil
EV's: 252 HP / ??? Def / ??? SpD
Moves:
Trick Room
Moon Blast / Draining Kiss
Wish / Heal Pulse
Protect / Psychic / Sweet Kiss

Trick Room sets up for friends such as Conkeldurr and Reuniclus to sweep, and even allows Aromatisse to take advantage of it in a number of ways. Moon Blast and Draining Kiss are the two STAB moves: Moon Blast is more powerful, while Draining Kiss gives Aromatisse some extra stalling and healing options. Wish and Heal Pulse are the two healing moves: Wish can be used to heal other Pokemon, while Heal Pulse is more quick. Protect, Psychic, or Sweet Kiss fill the last slot. Protect allows Aromatisse to scout and take advantage of Wish, Psychic provides coverage against Poison Types, and Sweet Kiss can cause confusion to create time to switch to a sweeper such as Conkeldurr or Reuniclus or heal instead.
This actually misses the best factor Aromatisse has going for it on a Trick Room team: Aroma Veil blocks Taunt, preventing the opponent screwing your Trick Room up. I'm not sure if it functions on Aromatisse itself, but even if it doesn't an ally can set it while being immune to Taunt and Aromatisse can just attack or do something else.

This actually misses the best factor Aromatisse has going for it on a Trick Room team: Aroma Veil blocks Taunt, preventing the opponent screwing your Trick Room up. I'm not sure if it functions on Aromatisse itself, but even if it doesn't an ally can set it while being immune to Taunt and Aromatisse can just attack or do something else.
According to this thread, it also affects Aromatisse: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sweet-veil-and-aroma-veil.3490345/

It's probably worth mentioning that whilst Singles generally don't care much for it, this thing is currently the hottest new thing in Doubles/VGC formats as one of the most dangerous OTR users.

Aromatisse is easily runner up in most disappointing XY 'Mon contest, but I like its stats.

A set based around Draining Kiss + Big Root sounds insanely fun. With 252 Sp Attk investment and a couple Calm Minds, I can see it regaining all of its HP when attacking which is mad. And since nothing good resists Fairy other than Fire, Poison, and Steel (hello, Ground type support) you can pretty much just spam Draining Kiss to your hearts content or better yet, run HP Ground.

This is the set I had in mind. Have no idea if it will perform well or not, but I look forward to torturing Battle Maison with it at least:

252 HP/252 SpAtk/6 Def
Healer
@Big Root
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Trick Room
- Reflect/Aromatherapy/Thunderbolt?

I expect the bots will throw a lot of Toxic around so Aromatherapy is probably a better option there but for Vs. humans, idk.

Or you could just throw on Lefties and get probably more than the difference in HP recovery you would have with Big Root at the end of the turn guaranteed. I mean, With Big Root, you need to output 40% of your max HP as damage every turn to equate what you'd get from Lefties, which you really will rarely be doing with those stats, Draining Kiss' measly base power and on a monoattacking set.

OU Dual screen support Aromatisse set

Aromatisse @ Light Clay
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252HP / 204Def / 52SpD
0 Spe IV
Sassy Nature
Reflect
Light Screen
Wish
Toxic/Trick-room/Moonblast/Aromatherapy

With its Hidden ability making it impossible to taunt/encore, its decent bulk, great defensive typing, and a good support movepool, Aromatisse makes for an ideal Dual screener. Aromatisse has an impressive HP stat perfect for passing wishes down after setting up screens to a pokemon that sets up such as lucario and gyarados. The last move is very much up to preference and team synergy. Toxic is prefered over moonblast so you don't need to invest in SpA and also because Aromatisse is one of the only pokemon that can effectively run a pure support set due to being untauntable. Otherwise Aromatherapy is great in case Aromatisse gets intoxicated or one of your setup pokemon gets burned. 0 speed IV's and Sassy nature is necessary to help Aromatisse significantly minimize the damage of gyro balls from Ferrothorns/Forretress/Aegislash and counter/run an effective trick room set if it chooses to. The specific Def and spD EV investents allow it to outlive super effective attacks from common counters found in OU such as scizor, lucario and mega gengar. Sassy nature is better because it gives aromatisse 1 extra special defense more than Relaxed nature with the same overall stat spread (And it matters because you'll see in a second that it barely outlives a sludge bomb from mega gengar while outliving +2 bullet punch from lucario).

Damage calculations from common OU counters on Aromatisse -

Adamant 252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 204 Def (custom): 330-390 (81.28 - 96.05%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Adamant 252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 204 Def (custom): 172-203 (42.36 - 50%) -- 0.39% chance to 2HKO
Adamant +2 (After swords dance) 252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 204 Def (custom): 338-400 (83.25 - 98.52%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Adamant 252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 204 Def (custom): 216-256 (53.2 - 63.05%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Jolly 252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 204 Def (custom): 196-232 (48.27 - 57.14%) -- 88.67% chance to 2HKO
Jolly +2 (After Swords dance) 252 Atk Adaptability Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 204 Def (custom): 388-460 (95.56 - 113.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
Timid 252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 52+ SpD (custom): 361-429 (88.91 - 105.66%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
Timid 252 SpA Mega Gengar Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 52+ SpD (custom): 342-404 (84.23 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Adamant 252+ Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 204 Def (custom): 246-290 (60.59 - 71.42%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Brave 252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (35 BP) vs. 252 HP / 204 Def (custom): 156-186 (38.42 - 45.81%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Naturally you generally wouldn't want to be switching into these as Aromatisse, and you may need spin support to take them, but in the worst case scenarios it helps to be able to survive these particular hits while still retaining a good bulky EV spread. This is particularly the case with mega gengar as mega gengar can trap aromatisse and ruin its plans, so it can at least set up screens before it gets KO'd. So long as Aromatisse has set up screens for a mega lucario or maybe a mega gyarados, its already done its job.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
I've used Aromatisse on Showdown in an effort to try and find its most useful sets, but the sad truth is that just about everything it can do, any other Fairy-type can do (and they'd probably do it better). Aromatisse's stats are nearly identical to Clefable's, except that abysmal speed. Of course, the big problem is the lack of Magic Guard. Aromatisse is immune to Taunt and the like, which is very nice on a support Pokemon, but I'm not sure if it can compete with the passive damage immunity of Clefable.

The other problem is that Aromatisse's special stats are outclassed by Sylveon and Florges. It's certainly not a bad Pokemon, but it doesn't have much to offer over all the other Fairies. Its most unique ability is using that 29 base speed to pull off a Trick Room set, but 99 SpA isn't that impressive and it's still walled by nearly every Steel-type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)