XY Experiences

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I find the game a little too easy. My Pokemon are already about level 50, and I am a little past the Pokeball Factory event.
And this is why I turned off Exp. Share. It doesn't help much with underleveled pokémon (at least to me) because EVERYTHING gets the same experience. Had they kept the EXP formula from BW, now that would be another story.

Walk into a building in Lumiose City, take the elevator to the 2nd floor and walk out. All of a sudden the screen turns off and on again and a hex lady appears behind my character. At this point (mainly because it was 12 at night) I was ready to run for the hills. Anyway, the hex lady literally glides (She showed no walking animation) towards me and says "You are not the one" and disappears. Overall I am really enjoying the game, even though I have finished the game I love walking through towns I've been through and admiring the scenery.

EDIT: Found a video

I take the story mode way too serious.

Spending hours trying to find the perfect pokemon/nature/IVs. EV training etc. knowing full well I won't use them post game.

What is wrong with me. Ruins the flow tbh.

Oh. And exp share is the devil.

Took me multiple SRs, but I finally got a Xerneas that satisfied me (the RNG gods were seemingly upset with me, because Synchronize just wouldn't activate and give me a Modest nature). EV trained him up, and now he should be metagame-worthy, should I ever make the decision to step into that particular playing field.

(Pretty sure his Speed IVs were poor, though...)

Should it take over ten Pokeballs of various strengths to catch a Murkrow at 1HP? I had a horde battle, got it down to one, and it was just nuts.

On the first try, i found Jolly scyther, which i promptly got to evolve into a scizor. Now to find out where a Scizorite is so I can get mega scizor.

I take the story mode way too serious.

Spending hours trying to find the perfect pokemon/nature/IVs. EV training etc. knowing full well I won't use them post game.

What is wrong with me. Ruins the flow tbh.

Oh. And exp share is the devil.
I know what you mean. I can ignore IVs but natures just ruin the experience for me

I'm doing my second run as a girl, and it's not fair how the girl not only has a shit ton more options, but better ones too. The guy can't get good clothes until you find out how to unlock the Lumiose boutique, but I just found the cutest pink dress in Anister city. Pardon the girliness. Nearly everything I've found for the girl has been awesome and has great mix-n-match capabilities, but the boys clothes are sooooo bad; hats especially. I've spent several hours farming money from the Battle Château so I can buy everything I see.

I'm doing my second run as a girl, and it's not fair how the girl not only has a shit ton more options, but better ones too. The guy can't get good clothes until you find out how to unlock the Lumiose boutique, but I just found the cutest pink dress in Anister city. Pardon the girliness. Nearly everything I've found for the girl has been awesome and has great mix-n-match capabilities, but the boys clothes are sooooo bad; hats especially. I've spent several hours farming money from the Battle Château so I can buy everything I see.
Youngster Joey should have given you a pair of short!

Hello everyone! Here is an update on my team:
I am currently in front of Victory Road. Yveltal was easy to capture (I threw one quick ball and caught it).
lv 62 Ultia the Delphox: Psychic, grass knot, flamethrower, calm mind
lv 59 Lanayru the Flygon: Dig, Rock slide, Dragon claw, fly
lv 60 Cora the Sylveon: wish, protect, Moonblast, toxic
lv 59 Serenity the Lucario: Metal claw, Strength, Swords dance, close combat
lv 59 Pearl the Aurorus: Calm mind, thunderbolt, Ice beam, Ancient power
lv 59 Kursh the Blastoise: Skull bash, Aqua tail, Surf, Ice beam

Youngster Joey should have given you a pair of short!
That's the real bullshit! The boy can't wear shorts! As a boy your options are skinny jeans (ew), faded jeans (ew), jeans with cuffs (meh), capris (puke), and high-priced designer pants. No shorts, khakis, cargo pants, normal jeans, or even dress pants. The girls definitely got the MUCH better deal as far as customization goes because they get dresses, skirts, short shorts, knee and thigh socks, ascots, tee shirts, mid riff shirts, like a dozen kinds of shoes, several kinds of hats, and all of that is outside of Lumiose, which I can't wait to see. Then they get more options for hair as well.

If Gamefreak plans on skimping out on boy customization for future games, I may just always be a girl.

Vibrava can learn Fly can't he? And you can find Trapinch at the same time you get the Fly HM. And he's physical oriented...I'll have to remember this for future playthroughs. Same for Golurk.

Last edited:
Xerneas's/Yveltal's neutral stats with 31 IVs are 201/151/115/151/118/119; neutral stats with 0 IVs are 186/136/100/136/103/104. Every stat point means two IVs, so if I want a 31/31/20+/31/20+/31, I only have to look for 110 Def and 113 Sp. Def. You can look at the stats as soon as Mienshao is sent out by Lysandre, so I only really go through all the battle if I fuck up and let Yveltal go to the box.

I wish somebody could confirm to me whether the PID/IVs can be SRed every time you face Yveltal, so I could run after the battle and then save. That fucking revival sequence got old already.
Confirming that you can sr for yveltal after you kill it. That's what I did, anyways

Also just caught shiny sliggoo from friend safari ^^.
I'd like to thank you to the both of you. Because of these two posts I was able to get a half decent Yveltal without having to redo the beginning cutscene a hundred times. I got a 31/21/31/23/19/31 Hasty one. It's not perfect, but after more than two hours of getting nothing but defensive orientated or neutral natures, I'll take it. Dark Aura boosts the power of Dark Pulse anyways.

EDIT: And I caught it in a Premier Ball, which is cool.

Last edited:
Finished my second playthrough. I think I like my team a lot better this time.

Noivern lvl 86
Sylveon lvl 82
Gogoat lvl 82
Malamar lvl 82
Pyroar lvl 81
Meowstic lvl 81

As you can see I was WAY overleveled. I don't even know how, I guess catching everything I see and fighting every trainer boosted my levels. The exp. share is so overpowered lol. My star player was Malamar. Superpower is so good with Contrary.

Hello everyone! Here is an update on my team:
I am currently in front of Victory Road. Yveltal was easy to capture (I threw one quick ball and caught it).
lv 62 Ultia the Delphox: Psychic, grass knot, flamethrower, calm mind
lv 60 Cora the Sylveon: wish, protect, Moonblast, toxic
lv 59 Serenity the Lucario: Metal claw, Strength, Swords dance, close combat
lv 59 Pearl the Aurorus: Calm mind, thunderbolt, Ice beam, Ancient power
lv 59 Kursh the Blastoise: Skull bash, Aqua tail, Surf, Ice beam
Just a suggestion, but you can get the Earthquake TM in the route to the right of Victory Road. It requires a strength puzzle, if I remember correctly...

5th gym, I'm redoing my team, I got a lotof electric type pokemon and got a Rotom on Wonder trade... so I have 3 options:

-Electric team mouse looking theme, for the lulz and sake of abuse of exp share (Raichu and all Pikachu's clones)
-Electric team 1 for each region, 6 slots, 6 pokemon, seems easy but I want to use my Trollminun (swagger, thunder wave, atract, encore) or use Manetric.
-Electric team Only catcheable on the version team, that will exclude manetric (I play X) that will exclude my Rotom, since I didn't catch it.

Any suggestions?

Just wanted to post that I found my first shiny in the Friend Safari!

It's... it's... Pinkirisu!

Of course he would be Adamant, but I don't care. If nothing else I can use him to breed his perfect HP and ATK IVs. Maybe I could run a support set? This sort of thing never happens to me, let alone for a 'mon I actually like, so I'm just excited I got one. "In the pink", one would say. Maybe I'll even go against the grain and make him an attacker since he's got everything in the right places for that. Oh, he'll Nuzzle you, all right. TO DEATH.

Friend Safari, consequently, is awesome. Leagues better than Dream World, and I was even a fan of that. Apparently I'm "Ice" and provide Delibird, Bergmite, and Lapras. People with Ditto can buy their own friends.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just finished the game last night.

Level 67 Delphox
Level 67 Blastoise
Level 66 Haxorus
Level 67 Hawlucha
Level 68 Aegislash
Level 67 Gallade

Hawlucha was a major disappointment later in the game, he just didn't have the power. Unfortunately haxorus and gallade were major experience whores, so I had to use them most of the time to keep everyone at a consistent level, which was very annoying and sometimes prevented me from using my starters. Haxorus isn't like he used to be in BW2...at least gallade and delphox are so amazing, and aegislash can probably solo this entire game by himself.

I wasn't too impressed with the E4. They just didn't seem to have too much personality behind them, especially the girls. They just seemed to be "I'm a dragon trainer nice person" and "I'm a no-personality trainer that battles with fire-types". At least the other two seemed to have some kind of purpose. I'd been wondering who the champion was the whole game, as I knew it'd have to be somebody I'd met, but I couldn't figure it out. Then, when the fire girl said "I'm a big holo-caster star", it finally clicked and I remembered the one trainer that had been recurring. She also spoiled it by saying "SHE'LL be waiting for you" when talking about the champion. I was so upset that I only figured it out in the last 5 minutes rather than being completely surprised due to the girls stupid spoilers! Ugh!

I thought the end scene parodied star wars in so many ways, but the AZ fight was the saddest thing in pokemon so far.

Did anybody else think professor sycamore was a bit of a jerk for saying to diantha "we better get lumiose ready for the new champion!". Really. sycamore? Basically tell your friend (the champion) she's going to get demolished by this kid?

Oh well. I'd been putting off the final bit for a few days because I didn't want it to end. On the other hand, it's time to get a level 5 joltik and start my next run :)

5th gym, I'm redoing my team, I got a lotof electric type pokemon and got a Rotom on Wonder trade... so I have 3 options:

-Electric team mouse looking theme, for the lulz and sake of abuse of exp share (Raichu and all Pikachu's clones)
-Electric team 1 for each region, 6 slots, 6 pokemon, seems easy but I want to use my Trollminun (swagger, thunder wave, atract, encore) or use Manetric.
-Electric team Only catcheable on the version team, that will exclude manetric (I play X) that will exclude my Rotom, since I didn't catch it.

Any suggestions?
Okay, let's see...

First, here's the list of every Electric type you can get in Kalos, excluding post-game (No Zapdos or Safari pokes), separated by gens:

- Raichu (Elec)
- Jolteon (Elec)
- Magnezone (Elec/Steel)
- Electrode (Elec)

- Ampharos (Mega) (Elec)
- Lanturn (Elec/Water)

- Minun (Elec)
- Plusle (Elec)
- Manectric (Elec) (Y-Exclusive)

- Pachirisu (Elec)
- Rotom (Elec/Lotsa Stuff)

- Stunfisk (Elec/Ground)
- Emolga (Elec/Flying)

- Dedenne (Elec/Fairy)
- Heliolisk (Elec)

*Might have missed one, it happens

So every one of you teams is totally doable, you'll just have to find a sixth for the ElecRodent squad.

Good stuff I'd consider:

Ampharos. The only electric Mega you get before post-game. Learns Fire Punch from Move Relearner if you don't have anything else with that coverage.
Lanturn. Water type is crucial for keeping the Ground types at bay, and it'll be your Surfer if you don't have an HM slave. Also learns Ice Beam. If you're going for a "one-per-gen" deal, you'll have to choose between him and Amphy.
Rotom. Covers practically anything the rest of your team doesn't. Kinda hard to get when you're first starting out, though, unless you want to use the one you have.
Magnezone. Fairy deterrent.
Dedenne. Fairy Typing could be used to keep back Dragons, especially if you don't have Lanturn's Ice Beam. It's one STAB is powerful, but physical, so it might not be as strong on Dedenne as it could be.
Emogla. Grass counter. Use unless you've got some Fire support.

And Minun can be swapped in if you want to use that as your annoyer.

Wow, thanks a lot I didn't know that Lanturn is in the game, a nice combo with Heliolisk, that drain skin is amaizing!

I need dive or something? Or just using the good rod?

Then I go for Only catcheable on the version team, for the second play I will do the pikaclones team. Thanks a lot Ratatat.

So my team will be:

-Raichu
-Heliolisk
-Lanturn
-Ampharos
-Jolteon
-Dedenne/Magnazone

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Finally finished Y version today. I know it's only been 9 days, but everyone else I knew beat it days before me and I felt pretty darn slow! Anyway, my final team members in the Hall of Fame were:

lv83 Delphox
lv80 Greninja
lv83 Gogoat
lv79 Talonflame
lv76 Doublade
lv72 Aurorus

Happy to finish with a Kalos-only team! The MVP was Delphox, although Greninja was a close 2nd and Gogoat was also amazing. Talonflame was generally poor throughout, but it was mainly my Fly slave anyway. As many have said, getting the EXP Share early in the game really made things easy. I didn't grind yet wound up with a 10 level advantage because of that thing. Capture EXP is one of my favorite new mechanics although it certainly contributed to my high levels. The difficulty was generally very low, but randomly jumped up in a few places, Victory Road being one of them. If I play again, I'll definitely turn EXP Share off.
Lysandre and the Team Flare plotline this gen was awful at best. Corny monologues and see-through writing, a huge step back from B/W's story. I also found it really jarring when you suddenly go back to fight Xerneas/Yveltal, and beat Team Flare and Lysandre, yet then you still have to finish a few routes, the 8th gym, and the E4 before anyone truly acknowledges you saved the world. It really messed with the
The E4 were pretty disappointing, I agree with Gato's post that the females didn't have much personality. They certainly weren't much of a challenge either, I was expecting a bigger level jump to separate the E4 from just plain 'ol wild mons in Victory Road! The champion was a fair challenge although I thought it was fairly obvious who it would be as well. The Champion battle theme was upbeat yet excellent too!

And ohhhhh that scene at the very end with AZ... I was not expecting that at all. The battle against him and his team of ancient Pokemon (I loved that touch) was a surprise and then... yeah. Really touching and it caught me completely off guard. Beautiful ending to the game :)

Well, my perfect record of seeing zero random shinies remains intact so far!

The battle graphics and new Pokemon were amazing. Absolutely amazing. But the one thing that disappointed me is how strict the nickname censor is- It's bad enough that some default names (Weedle, Cofagrigus, Nosepass, etc.) are banned, but I can't even name my Rhyhorn (Which I have no intention of taking online) "Spike" because it contains a misspelling of a bad word I've never heard of in a foreign language? Seriously, Game Freak?
[/rant]

One thing that could be done to remedy the problem is to have a list of names that are exceptions to the censor. It would include all Pokemon names, plus common (nick)names such as Humphrey, Connor, Spike, etc.

Another solution would be to make it so that any mon that has a censored nickname shows its normal name if it's taken online, and permanently revert to its normal name if it's traded. Just my two cents.

Unrelated: What's the best post-game grinding spot? I have a bunch of dragons I have to train for the dex but I'm unsure of where to do it.
Somehow I named myself 420 BLAZE IT with my nickname pot yet I couldn't name my starter weed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)