2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty obvious result tbh. A bit unlucky to not get out with at least a draw.. but BVB is just one hell of a squad. Oh well.

And yeah, apparently a large amount of Arsenal 'supporters' stayed after to applaud the Dortmund players and just to see them off. Awwwww.

--

As long as you know the difference between 'pathetic Arsenal fans' and 'Arsenal fans are pathetic', then we're good and can carry on. But if you're saying that all Arsenal fans are pathetic.. then god damn.. we have some naive fuckers on here. But then again, when sports are discussed on forums.. it's always a mess.

haha I found myself rooting for Arsenal without meaning to. I felt that they were hard done by: hit the post, had a shot cleared off the line and were largely dominant in the second half. They were just too focused on fancy football rather than taking the easy route and scoring.

Arsenal did not deserve to lose. Lewandowski shouldn't have been on the pitch.

and that Grosskreutz guy has to be one of the worst players i've seen. He's been linked with us in recent times. seems like a typical liverpool signing

I didn't watch the game but did Großkreutz play as a Right Back? If he did, then that is not his natural position. I am pretty sure he is an attacking player, but whatever. Once Piszczek is back, their squad will improve massively. Remember, he made Ronaldo his bitch while having a fucked hip.

I didn't watch the game but did Großkreutz play as a Right Back? If he did, then that is not his natural position. I am pretty sure he is an attacking player, but whatever. Once Piszczek is back, their squad will improve massively. Remember, he made Ronaldo his bitch while having a fucked hip.
He was shit whenever he attacked which speaks volume of him as an attacking player

Real life sucks, haven't watched an Arsenal match in a while. So I heard Szczesny didn't have a save to make apart from picking the ball twice out of his net. I'll take that seeing as we're still top and the priority must now be to not lose the next one and go from there. Another win should see us through !

Our players looked tired as hell at the end. A preview of what's to come in all competitions later down the road. The speed to backtrack on the final goal was lacking and it showed.

Real life sucks, haven't watched an Arsenal match in a while. So I heard Szczesny didn't have a save to make apart from picking the ball twice out of his net. I'll take that seeing as we're still top and the priority must now be to not lose the next one and go from there. Another win should see us through !
the goalkeeper position is problem for you guys. szczesny is nowhere near good enough

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
He was shit whenever he attacked which speaks volume of him as an attacking player
He is considered better this season, as he is playing right back now. Because the only the reason, he was a "good" winger, was because he could defend that good.

Well he is shit

indeed, no more Holloway interviews :(

and United playing well. crazy.

oh and Alaba in my champions league fantasy as captain is basically cheating :D

Half time now, Galatasaray 3-0 Kobenhavn so far. We also drew 2-2 with Juventus in Torino so despite that fucking horrible 6-1 loss to Real Madrid we have a pretty high chance of making it to round of 16.

Muslera
Dany/Riera---Semih Kaya---Chedjou---Eboue
Sneijder---Felipe Melo---Selçuk İnan---Bruma
Drogba---Burak Yılmaz

Not bad I guess. Also I'd take Mancini over Fatih "my head is stuck up my ass" Terim any day

Last edited:
and United playing well. crazy.
idk which game you were watching but they were far from playing well. they were decent when attacking but left way too much space on the counter attack. a better opposition team would have equalized and then possibly went on to win when the moans and groans from the stands start affecting the players and the manager

Remember that wonderkid, hot property, 'the next Patrick Viera', Yann M'Vila? He's playing for Rubin Kazan 0_o what happened... He could easily have signed for City, Arsenal, Juventus, or even any mid-table team at a top league...

Predictions:

C.Palace 0-4 Arsenal 0-2
A.Villa 2-3 Everton 0-2
Liverpool 2-1 West Brom 4-1
Man.Utd 3-0 Stoke 3-2
Norwich 2-2 Cardiff 0-0
Southampton 2-0 Fulham 2-0
Sunderland 1-3 Newcastle 2-1
Chelsea 2-1 Man.City 2-1
Swansea 1-0 West Ham 0-0
Tottenham 1-0 Hull City 1-0
Correct scores in Bold~

Last edited:
Che 3-2 Man City (Kompany not playing will be huge).

B. Dortmund 4-3 Schalke ( i really hope so).

Barca 2-1 Madrid (Madrid will miss alonso). Messi and ronaldo will be on the score sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)