Breeding Perfect Pokemon in Pokemon X&Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mixed sweepers traditionally enjoy +Atk, +SpAtk, or +Speed / -SpDef natures. Naughty, Rash, and Naive are probably what you should look out for.

There's your problem, lol. Use the Destiny Knot too and be sure to follow the IV chaining strategy I've laid out in the guide.
Neither parent has a 31 IV in Atk or Sp.Def (As explained in an earlier post). I took off the Destiny Knot so that I'd have a higher chance of getting the 31 IV in either stat.

Neither parent has a 31 IV in Atk or Sp.Def (As explained in an earlier post). I took off the Destiny Knot so that I'd have a higher chance of getting the 31 IV in either stat.
If you don't have either a perfect Attack or Special Defense IV, you should be chaining it down from another parent with the parents I outlined in the section on chaining IVs, not hoping a flawless IV will eventually spawn. The second method will leave you high and dry for good IVs for ages.

If you don't have either a perfect Attack or Special Defense IV, you should be chaining it down from another parent with the parents I outlined in the section on chaining IVs, not hoping a flawless IV will eventually spawn. The second method will leave you high and dry for good IVs for ages.
I'm confused, thats what I'm trying to do, not attempting to spawn for a flawless. Get a 31 IV in Atk or Sp.Def parent so I can chain it, I can't chain what I don't have.

I have a really quick question:
I have a Gale Wings Fletchling that has perfect IVs in HP / Attack / Special Attack, but has a 0 in Speed, is it worth breeding or should I try and find a bette one?

There are much, much easier ways to get 31 Attack IV and 31 Special Defense IV parents then hoping one spawns. Look in your friend safaris for Pokemon in the mineral egg group; friend safari Pokemon always carry 2 perfect IVs. If you're friend safaris are lacking, you can chain IVs from a baby Pokemon since they're always triple flawless (in your case, you could chain IVs from Budew -> Ferroseed -> Honedge).

I have a really quick question:
I have a Gale Wings Fletchling that has perfect IVs in HP / Attack / Special Attack, but has a 0 in Speed, is it worth breeding or should I try and find a bette one?
That's a perfectly viable parent, you'll just need to chain on 31 Defense, Special Defense, and Speed IVs along the way to breeding your final product.

So I'm a bit stumped on trying to breed a 5 IV Fletchling from a 5IV Taillow father and 4IV FletchlingHA mother. 60 eggs later with a DestinyKnot/Everstone combo, the best I've seen are 4 IV Fletchlings. I read threw the thread and was trying to wrap my mind around how to make this work, though; my Taillow is Jolly, but I want the Fletchling to be Adamant (The mother currently is). Would the Power Item method be able to help me in this case? Because even if I manage to breed a 5IV Fletchling with Gale Wings, if it's not Adamant then I need to resort to a 4IV Adamant parent to pass the nature back down. Am I better off just continuing to press my luck and wait out a 5IV Fletchling? Both parents have imperfect Satk IVs and the mother has imperfect Sdef, for the record.

Haven't had chance to post in the thread, but I just want to chime in and say that regardless of how many times it'd been said already it bears repeating; amazing job on the guide, it's incredibly helpful.

That being said I haven't seen anyone else point this out;

If you want to get style quickly, you can buy a single premier ball at the Pokeball boutique over and over again, exiting all menus so that your character can move again every time.
You don't actually need to exit the menu, just repeatedly press A and buy one at a time. It tracks individual purchases based on the number of times you purchase. Which might not seem like a world of difference, but I imagine exiting and re-entering the menu every single ball, all 99 times, probably adds up.

On another note, adding a small note in the guide about the Hatching O-Power might be useful, I know it doesn't pertain to IV breeding specifically so much as breeding in general, but the way of getting it is obtuse enough that I could see the information being helpful enough to people to justify including it.

There are much, much easier ways to get 31 Attack IV and 31 Special Defense IV parents then hoping one spawns. Look in your friend safaris for Pokemon in the mineral egg group; friend safari Pokemon always carry 2 perfect IVs. If you're friend safaris are lacking, you can chain IVs from a baby Pokemon since they're always triple flawless (in your case, you could chain IVs from Budew -> Ferroseed -> Honedge).

That's a perfectly viable parent, you'll just need to chain on 31 Defense, Special Defense, and Speed IVs along the way to breeding your final product.
Problem solved! Thank you very much :) Sorry I was being so awkward!

So I'm a bit stumped on trying to breed a 5 IV Fletchling from a 5IV Taillow father and 4IV FletchlingHA mother. 60 eggs later with a DestinyKnot/Everstone combo, the best I've seen are 4 IV Fletchlings. I read threw the thread and was trying to wrap my mind around how to make this work, though; my Taillow is Jolly, but I want the Fletchling to be Adamant (The mother currently is). Would the Power Item method be able to help me in this case? Because even if I manage to breed a 5IV Fletchling with Gale Wings, if it's not Adamant then I need to resort to a 4IV Adamant parent to pass the nature back down. Am I better off just continuing to press my luck and wait out a 5IV Fletchling? Both parents have imperfect Satk IVs and the mother has imperfect Sdef, for the record.
I'm prefacing this post assuming that when you say 5 IV tailow and 4 IV fletchling, you mean the Tailow is 31/31/31/x/31/31 while the fletchling is 31/31/31/x/31/31 with an x replacing one of the 31s.

In your case, using a Power item would not help. You have a quint-flawless parent already and any parent quint-flawless parent you'd breed with a power item would be equal to your tailow father, or lack the nature of your Fletchling mother.

Also, thank you for the compliment Alice in Pyroland! I plan on renevating the guide soon to be more expansive and cover different techniques and helpful tools in game.

QUESTION:
If you get one flawless Pokemon, can't you get ALL pokemon flawless from that one? Just like this:
Flawless Gastly (Amorphous) -> Phantump (Grass) -> Nuzleaf (Field) -> Rhyhorn (Monster) -> Gible (Dragon) -> Skrelp (Water 1) -> Octillery (Water 2) and Kabuto (Water 3) -> Archen (Flying) -> Togetic (Fairy) -> Snorunt (Mineral) -> Dwebble (Bug) -> Volbeat (Human-Like)

This covers all of the Groups, so doesn't it mean that Perfect Gastly = Perfect Everything that CAN breed? Or is there a hole in this or a flaw in the pattern? It sure would take a very long time, but wouldn't the pay off be amazing? Am I just over-fantasizing or

QUESTION:
If you get one flawless Pokemon, can't you get ALL pokemon flawless from that one? Just like this:
Flawless Gastly (Amorphous) -> Phantump (Grass) -> Nuzleaf (Field) -> Rhyhorn (Monster) -> Gible (Dragon) -> Skrelp (Water 1) -> Octillery (Water 2) and Kabuto (Water 3) -> Archen (Flying) -> Togetic (Fairy) -> Snorunt (Mineral) -> Dwebble (Bug) -> Volbeat (Human-Like)

This covers all of the Groups, so doesn't it mean that Perfect Gastly = Perfect Everything that CAN breed? Or is there a hole in this or a flaw in the pattern? It sure would take a very long time, but wouldn't the pay off be amazing? Am I just over-fantasizing or
if u mean using a spitback that crosses egg groups, sure it's possible to have a flawless/near-flawless male parent to start off with, but there's still the case of having to get a good female parent and having to consider any egg moves that need to be bred onto some of the pokemon (example: np on togepi) so take that into consideration

if u mean using a spitback that crosses egg groups, sure it's possible to have a flawless/near-flawless male parent to start off with, but there's still the case of having to get a good female parent and having to consider any egg moves that need to be bred onto some of the pokemon (example: np on togepi) so take that into consideration

well yes, but I mean you don't NEED egg moves. But it is possible?

So I'm breeding a Male Protean Froakie and a Female Torrent Froakie and every offspring I've hatched so far has been torrent ability. Do I have to get a Female Protean Froakie to breed with the male one to be able to hatch off Protean Froakies.

So I'm breeding a Male Protean Froakie and a Female Torrent Froakie and every offspring I've hatched so far has been torrent ability. Do I have to get a Female Protean Froakie to breed with the male one to be able to hatch off Protean Froakies.
I believe so. If not, it's highly unlikely to get protean.

With Hidden abilities from my testing:

M (HA) + F (HA) = 80% chance of HA Baby
M (NA) + F (HA) = 80% chance of HA Baby
M (HA) + F (NA) = 0% chance of HA Baby
M (HA ) + Ditto = approx 50% chance of HA Baby
F (HA) + Ditto = 0% chance of HA baby

Mixed sweepers traditionally enjoy +Atk, +SpAtk, or +Speed / -SpDef natures. Naughty, Rash, and Naive are probably what you should look out for.

There's your problem, lol. Use the Destiny Knot too and be sure to follow the IV chaining strategy I've laid out in the guide.
Thank you!

So I'm looking for some help confirming something. According to bulbapedia eggs have a chance to spawn every 255 steps (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Breeding#Breeding_rate) However, in this gen I've had an egg spawn in the time between me picking an egg up from the guy outside of day care to going straight to the lady inside to take out my Pokemon. Got the message saying her husband was looking for me, and sure enough he had another egg. I haven't counted the steps between them but a rough guessing replaying the walk in my head puts it at around 8-10 steps. Also I've had eggs hatch with only a step in between. ie hatch, one step, hatch.

Anyone else had these as well?

Sorry if this has already been asked but I have a quick question. Say you're going for a perfect charmander and you have one that is x/x/x/x/31/31, is it better to use a x/x/31/31/x/x ditto or a x/x/x/31/31/x ditto, (discounting all other factors such as ability and nature). Obviously the first ditto gives you a chance to get 4 perfect IV stats but does this hurt your chances of a 3 perfect IVs pokemon? Thanks in advance!

Sorry if this has already been asked but I have a quick question. Say you're going for a perfect charmander and you have one that is x/x/x/x/31/31, is it better to use a x/x/31/31/x/x ditto or a x/x/x/31/31/x ditto, (discounting all other factors such as ability and nature). Obviously the first ditto gives you a chance to get 4 perfect IV stats but does this hurt your chances of a 3 perfect IVs pokemon? Thanks in advance!
With out doing the hard maths: the first ditto will give you a chance of 4 IVs, but you could get 0. While the second will give you a better chance at at least one IV.

Personally I'd use the second ditto till I got a Charmander of the opposite gender to what you have and 2 IVs and then use that instead of the ditto. But it comes down to how much you like to gamble. The second is slower, but more likely, the first could give you all our nothing. (if that made any sense)

Another option would be to equip both the Charmander and Ditto with Power items, guaranteeing two perfect IVs; the third randomly generated IV could then be waited out (You have a 2/8 chance of it, if I'm correct, thanks to two remaining 31 IVs and only 8 IV pools to pull from for it), and from there you start the Destiny Knot/Everstone business to get the rest of the IVs and Nature you need.

I'm currently Breeding a 31/31/31/31/31/31 and a 31/X/31/X/31/31 Froakie together(Both Protean Ability) One holding Everstone and One holding Destiny Knot and Every offspring I hatch has Torrent ability. How do I get it to have Protean.

I'm currently Breeding a 31/31/31/31/31/31 and a 31/X/31/X/31/31 Froakie together(Both Protean Ability) One holding Everstone and One holding Destiny Knot and Every offspring I hatch has Torrent ability. How do I get it to have Protean.
How many eggs have you tried? Everything I've both read and witnessed myself have shown that your hidden ability should be passing on (EDIT: Not at 100% mind you, but still at a minimum of 50/50 results), provided that your mother has Protean. You may want to pull her out and double-check, as a male with Protean but female with Torrent will result in 100% Torrent Froakies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)