A Boring Tournament!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ok, I have no idea why there hasnt been one of these at smogon yet, but I am gonna host a DP wifi tournament that isnt confined to one day.

So for those of you unfamiliar with how things are normally done around here.. I will post pairings and a deadline. Then it is up to you to organise with your opponent a time to battle. And you post results when you are done!

This tournament will be a little different, because there will be teams. I am aiming for 16 teams of 4. So you will need to get together with 3 of your friends and nominate one of you to be the captain, and think up a team name, and then post in a sign up thread, which will be a different thread to this one. I will put up sign ups on Sunday Night New Zealand time. This is to give you a chance to organise a team, and also train a pokemon team.

The purpose of having teams with captains is for them to run substitutions, to help deal with people who are not active and crap. Once you get substituted out of the tournament you cant come back in, blah blah.

The tournament will be single elimination. Every battle you win, your team gets a point. You will not be paired with people from your own team. Once there is only one team left, the tournament ends. If those players want to play for an individual title maybe they can sort something out I dunno..

The point of this tournament is to give people an oppourtunity to battle in a more serious situation than a random match.. If I feel people are acting in a way contrary to the spirit of the tournament I will have no hesitation in disqualifying them!

Ok the battling rules will be!
Sleep Clause
Species Clause
Self-KO Clause
OHKO Move Ban
Evasion is legal as long as you dont baton pass it.
The following Pokemon are banned: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Latios, Latias, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys (all forms), Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus (all types), Wobbuffet.
No Sharking! Ok so I am hopefully gonna have a bunch of people to help me judge this. Basically we will judge it by trading for the pokemon in question and looking for any evidence they are sharked, then trading back.. Dont worry, the people doing this will be extremely trustworthy.. Though, I dont know who they are yet, if anyone is keen to offer to help posting in this thread would be nice.

K, so the point of this thread is to give you guys some warning, and a chance to bitch about my rules, to have a place to organise your teams (I will make a list of unteamed interested players maybe), and to volunteer to help with disputes.. Me and Lords are gonna be doing this now, it would be cool to have someone from europe helping, but also people to help check pokes for sharking!

I made an irc channel #tournament on IRC.Dejatoons.Net
I strongly recommend downloading an irc client (try www.mirc.com ), or using the Serebii.net java chat and joining this channel while online during this tournament.. Probably activity will be judged on activity in that channel, so if you end up not getting a match done, and you havent been in this channel, you can probably expect to get DQed.

Free Agents:
-FL-
CaptKirby
TKZ100
cutlex
Mequuh
JTX.PWNY.CR3W
leech lyfe
futuresuperstar
OmegaDonut

Have a nice day.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
I'd like to ask why Shaymin is banned; the general consensus is that it isn't even close to being Uber.

You are forgetting about the Jap.glitch.
Anyway,this seems like a very good idea to me.

EDIT:I was thinking of legit as being:not acquired trough use of cheating devices,because StrangerDanger said everyone who has one is automattically a hacker.I'm pretty much unaware of how ingame glitches are classified since there doesn't seem to be a general statement on these matters.Atleast now I know they are treated as unlegit in Smogon tournaments.

I would like to enter but I don't know many people from here, so choosing a team could be difficult ): But I'm "available".

I'd help out judging if you wanted me to but I'll definitely be entering so bias would be an issue!

Roy

streetpkmn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
right, i was just saying abusing glitches have been legit in the past. i see your point.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This sounds like fun, so if I can get a team together I'd like to play. But like Dan Dan said, would he be allowed to play & judge? As I'd probably be on a team with him if he's allowed...

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I feel as if Shaymin was banned is wrong. Well, you get it in a glitch, but it's still a pokemon who's abilites don't reach uberness. Besides, if he's gonna be considered an OU (unless his movepool drastically changes), wouldn't it be better to allow it so some people could actually give it a shot?

Imma team up with Surgo, and I'm waiting for the other 2
But anyway, I'm in. However, my playtime's very limited to several hours on the weekends.

Also, OHKOs are allowed, amirite?

Now I'm just gonna wait for the sign up on Sunday

Id like to join this but Im not gonna promise anything. Im gonna take about two weeks off of YGO after this weekend so I guess it'll get me some time to get my shit in gear but let me know whats up etc. If I get stuff started I may have my brother participate too.

Hmm, I need 2 other people for my team so far. Alternatively I could just ditch the person I'm with and join another team depending on who's on it. This should be fun.

EDIT: Got my team.

I'm new around here, but I'm a veteran of the game and competetive battling. I'd like to enter, but need a team.

I would like to take part in this. I'm a free agent right now, but I will be available only today as far as PMing me to join a team since I'm going to be leaving for a week starting Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)