Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

So I think my ISP is throttling my internet when my server is up. I'm not sure about it but I'm going to need to take it down for a few days because of it.

Sorry to everyone who played on the server. I will try to bring it back up ASAP and if people want the map I can throw that up too.

Damn bloody hell.

A few days after Sal agreed on that I can post my IP and start whitelisting people, my server host / provider e-mails me saying they've gone bankrupt. fml.
For now, smogcraft is not possible on my server because it will be shut down in 10 days. I'll try to figure something out... Sorry ladies and gentlemen. :(

EDIT: After some back and forth e-mails, my provider told me his "most loyal customers" can still host on his private little set of servers, but those will take some time to set up - however, my server lives on. :)
I will post the IP here once my provider says the server is running again - I don't know how long exactly it will take, but it will happen.

EDIT 2: Aside from coolbiz, lucariojr, Geodude6 and Lady Salamence, who else would be interested in joining? I'd love to see everyone again on my Server and make it the new smogcraft, including but not limited to Sal, tennis, Kinneas, Rocket Grunt, Layell and everybody else who is still interested in this game. :)

Last edited:
Damn bloody hell.

EDIT 2: Aside from coolbiz, lucariojr, Geodude6 and Lady Salamence, who else would be interested in joining? I'd love to see everyone again on my Server and make it the new smogcraft, including but not limited to Sal, tennis, Kinneas, Rocket Grunt, Layell and everybody else who is still interested in this game. :)
I'm up

Time to talk about the game itself: Very excited for the update, the new biomes look amazing! I wish they would add more ores(2 or 3), new tools, some way to fly. I know there are mods for stuff such as these but I cant help but say having those in vanilla would be amazing. I'm satisfied with the new biomes for now though. Still waiting for bats to have a use, maybe they could drop wings that could be crafted into a potion for flying. I should tell mojang that.

Damn bloody hell.

A few days after Sal agreed on that I can post my IP and start whitelisting people, my server host / provider e-mails me saying they've gone bankrupt. fml.
For now, smogcraft is not possible on my server because it will be shut down in 10 days. I'll try to figure something out... Sorry ladies and gentlemen. :(

EDIT: After some back and forth e-mails, my provider told me his "most loyal customers" can still host on his private little set of servers, but those will take some time to set up - however, my server lives on. :)
I will post the IP here once my provider says the server is running again - I don't know how long exactly it will take, but it will happen.

i would love to join your server and i know 2 other people who would too. They all played on smogon so they'd be cool with joining a new smogon server

Damn bloody hell.

I'm new here, but it seems like fun. I was wondering if I could join?

Damn bloody hell.

Nice, can I join? I'll PM you with my username for whitelisting. Thanks.

um, so i mysteriously vanished early in the year because my laptop broke down... whats gone down since I left, and would it be possible to get back in?

so about the server...hows it looking? i do know a server thats brand new, but the only problem is that the owner is never on and i dont have a way of contacting him. Right now its totally vanilla and there is a whitelist, but if i could contact him who would want to join. Its lonely in the world cause no one ever plays on it, but these guys are trustworthy. they are pretty cool other than the fact that they are never on now. I doubt he'll close it down because no one plays on it now and yet he still hasnt closed it down. I think its about 12 people on at a time limit but in his reddit post he said if it got bigger he would think about upgrading it. No world limit also. idk message me back if your interested.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
This question is not about the server, but rather a more generally Minecraft-moddy question:

Do anybody have any experience with the FTB packs?

I've played Tekkit (Classic) for a while, and it was great. Sadly, development was stopped and Tekkit Lite appeared as a better alternative with more mods, also running on a later version of Minecraft (1.4.7 instead of 1.2.5, if I recall correctly).

So I got Tekkit Lite instead, and it was awesome. My Quarries have now dug a hole in the ground down to bedrock, so big that if I stand in one corner of it, the other side unloads from memory, at render distance "Far + 48 blocks". Sadly, development of Tekkit Lite has also stopped.

Another Tekkit has appeared in its place, however it lacks the IndustrialCraft 2 mod, which is the very "essence" of Tekkit for me. I love messing around with machinery, setting up big automatic systems and striving for the awesome tools of the endgame (such as the Quantum Armor, the Terraformer, the Teleporter or the elusive High Voltage Solar Array). Without IC2, it simply isn't as fun for me. However, I see that FTB is both thriving in development, runs on Minecraft 1.5.2 (with 1.6+ support in development), and contains IC2. However, it seems like there are a few other mods in it that would make the gameplay different from Tekkit as I know and love it. The various modpacks in FTB are also a little confusing. Do anybody have any experiences they want to share?

Good news! My friend is willing to host a server for us! I'll post the IP address when I get home.

IP: 108.170.23.98:63214

VM/PM me to be added as a player on the server.

Last edited:
So good news for our rather lifeless MC community.
My friends host a smaller server, semi-vanilla. It's a dedicated server, almost always running, and it's fairly small (the record of people online is only 11). Rules are generally don't be an idiot, and it's got the Hyperconomy plugin for the server shop. If there's still people who are interested I'll post the IP here.

So good news for our rather lifeless MC community.
My friends host a smaller server, semi-vanilla. It's a dedicated server, almost always running, and it's fairly small (the record of people online is only 11). Rules are generally don't be an idiot, and it's got the Hyperconomy plugin for the server shop. If there's still people who are interested I'll post the IP here.
If other smogoners get on I will hop on as well.

Well, if anyone is interested, here it is:
198.15.115.122:25858
The server's economy is currently down because there's some plugin issues. There's also a little quiz they force you to take for whatever reason because it's about the rules. Generally don't be an idiot and you don't even need to look at the rules to pass. Other than that, if there's more questions just ask in the server.

im willing to join either server just hoping both will be up for awhile. I hate economy but i wouldnt mind joining cause i dont have to use it if i dont want to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)