Overpower ALL the Pokémon

Overlevel ?

• Total voters
With X and Y comes a new form of getting exp. This would be the new and improved Exp. share with this device you gain expeirence at an alarmingly fast rate and makes all your pokemon super over levelled. And you always try to make your various pokemon near the same level. But when you were a kid you didn't have and evenly levelled up team did you. No you levelled the crap out of your charizard and who cared? No one because you had a lv.100 charizard and that was awesome it didn't matter that th rest of your team was just getting to lv. 52 you just sent out that charizard and it did the job

So the question with this thread is "Did you over level one of your pokemon? And what pokemon was it? Any good one man show war stories?(taking on the kanto elite 4 1v26) all of that awesome single pokemon stuff can be posted here.

Ember & Burn

My One Man Show as you probally quessed from above was my Firered charizard Ember. I would catch wild pokemon and they would go in my party and never be levelled up because all I cared about was my Ember and his flamethrower. He soloed the entire game until I got to my rival where he was defeated by his Blastoise. Ember than recruited one of his owners friends pokemon Burn the charizard too the team( yeah I had two charizard on a team, I was that cool) we then proceeded to whip Rival(___fill in___) to death and we didnt stop there i levelled up my dual charizard a to level 100 and become the king of the playground. my friends were always so exasperated. They just finished beating a charizard and they had too do it again! It was a good run until my Mom put my cartridge through the wash and the game was ruined and I was heartbroken
That is my storie R.I.P Ember&Burn

In White 2 I unintentionally overleveled my Genesect. I was trying to complete the White Treehollow, and I kept on getting down to just my Genesect because of how much stronger it was than the rest of my team. In the end, I had a level 100 Genesect and the rest of my team was somewhere around level 80.

I never got around to beating the White Treehollow, but I did solo the E4 and champion before trading it over to White and doing the same.

I know it is not that much (only about 20 levels) compared to other peoples times, but that is when I overleveled a pokemon of mine. Unless the time in Pokemon White when I leveled my entire team to level 44 before trying Twist Mountain.

Besides my Sceptile (Which I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing), in Diamond I beat the game with an overleveled Luxray (Level 79).

Way back in pokemon Gold I picked a Chikorita for my starter, couldn't beat Falker and got so frustrated that I caught a Mareep and made that my "starter" instead, basically disowning the Chikorita. Long story short I beat the Kanto portion of that game with a level 100 Ampharos, my next highest pokemon being a level 20-something Bayleef.

One of my 1st playthroughs of sapphire, I had a Swampert that I managed to get to level 88 before I reset my game

In Emerald I caught Rayquaza before the elite 4 and solo'd them exclusively with my level 78 Rayquaza using Surf, Thunder, Extremespeed, and Fly.

Okuu

Blame [me] for Global Warming!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
One day, when I was starting my copy of Pokemon Blue, I decided to follow one of those old 'cheat codes'. Specifically, it was one of the ones to go behind Bill's House and catch a Dragonite. One of the components of this 'cheat code' was to level up a Charmander into a Charizard prior to challenging Brock. 3 weeks later, my Charizard had single-handedly eradicated the population of Viridian Forest, and completely melted Brock. Of course, the 'cheat code' was complete bunk, but it was still a ton of fun.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
In Emerald, I tried doing an "overlevel run" once. It kinda dragged on at the end.

Basically, what I did was to train my team of 6 Pokémon to the "maximum allowed" level according to the badges you have, before obtaining the next "level cap badge". I knew that obedience problems would only occur with traded Pokémon, but they still seemed like nice milestones to aim for, even though my team was all caught locally.

Needless to say, the gyms were totally swept. I had a team of 6 Pokémon at lvl 70 when I got to Juan, and they were all at 75 before I took on the Elite Four. I think I barely had one or two attacks even aimed at me during the E4 run.

This run taught me how terribly crappy your grinding options in Gen. III are. There are barely any re-battle-able NPC with Pokémon at a higher level than 35. Looking back at it, I have no idea how I found the patience to grind like this. I guess I only did it "for the challenge", since I've tried not to be that overlevelled when playing in later games. I like to have a nice, round number to train my entire team to before gyms or other major fights, but it's usually no higher than the level of the Gym Leader's Pokémon. Got carried a little overboard in Y, though, and had a team at level 70 before I challenged the Elite Four.

I unintentionally solo'd the Elite 4 in X (like the third and fourth times) with my Lv75 Aurorus with Calm Mind, Freeze Dry, Thunderbolt and HP Rock (same bp and better pp than ancientpower lol). I got lucky with Focus Misses to get all the way through but otherwise it beasted the whole thing without breaking a sweat!

Hoo boy, back when I was still kinda-new to Pokemon, I swept through Ruby with a Lv. 75 Blaziken and a Lv. 70-something Groudon. I have since reset that game, but that's probably the reason why I now painstakingly try to get every Pokemon on my team to be the exact same level (though I always have my starter 1 level above the rest until the E4 are beaten).

On one run through Pokemon Pearl I accidentally over leveled my Gyarados and Espeon a ton. It wasn't that I wanted to, it's just that every battle was like "yeah Gyara can beat that" and once he got Dragon Dance he swept everything. At the E4 I had a 7x Gyarados, a 5x Espeon and 4 other 3x Pokes.

I've never overleveled my pokemon even when playing as a kid, I liked to have a balanced team with similar levels. I've never been particularly fond on starters, even Charizard (I prefered Venusaur anyway), they're just one member of my team among 6.

There's an exception though when I play a Ruby hack called "Snake Wood". This is a hack with a very random story about a zombie apocalypse in Hoenn and lots of random stuff. At some point, you can catch a video camera pokemon who is electric/steel with levitate, strong as fuck and could even learn ice beam for coverage :p. As the rest of my team was crap and the trainers were pretty strong, I used this camera and it saved my ass a lot so it had like 10 levels above the other pokemon.

In my first Ruby run, my Blaziken was the only thing that I gave a crap about. It was level 36 by the end of Route 13. It solo'd every gym and the elite four in its entirety.

Platinum: lv. 66 Empoleon+lv. 66 Staraptor+lv. 66 Garchomp at Cynthia. GG.

(I never figured out how to get to Giratina at first...so I ended up grinding, lol)

X+Y: Currently I have a lv. 71 Eviolite Floette, lv. 72 Lucario, lv. 72 Blastoise, lv. 75 Talonflame, lv. 74 Delphox, and HM slave lv. 62 Diggersby. I'm in Victory Road. My HM slave overlevels the trainers.

First time playing through Leaf Green.
I thought "eh, whatever, Blastoise can take that" against anything.
It was about twenty levels above everything else by the time I reached the Elite Four.
It nuked everything.

In Pokemon Red, I picked Charmander as my one starter for the entire game.
I thought he was invincible and that having other Pokemon was useless, so I just thought he was good against everything and could never lose.
Got my ass handed to me against Misty, still used only my starter through the whole game.

Using only my starter continued until 3rd generation, when I realized that having a team was important.

I did this halfway through a Platinum Run where I decided to solo with Torterra. Was a bit of a Close Call at Cynthia (Being Level 71 vs her Garchomp), but he won.

Kyogre in Sapphire Lvl 70 odd Solo'd the E4 and Steven

Mono-Pokemon runs don't really count but My Sir-Tyranitar run of Emerald ended with a lvl 88 Tyranitar with a Top Hat (Sprite editing for the run was great). and I beat Pokemon Fire red with a Lvl 83 Vaporeon (Beating Brock with an Eevee only OMFG, got to lvl 22 in Viridian forest).

In my Original Pokemon Green (English Version) I had a lvl 100 Nidoking before the 4th gym because I didn't know where to go...

Also not using Exp. Share for my Run through Y made the game quite difficult, took 32 hours compared to my mates 16 with Exp. share.

In case anyone wants to do a Luvdisc solo: DON'T.

At lv. 100 my Luvdisc didn't OHKO Cynthia's Garchomp. With Ice Beam.

Also if you're thinking of doing Sunkern...well that's actually doable. If you grind really hard early on, that is, since you don't get the Sun Stone until mid-game in most games.

I've always had an even team unless I'm consciously challenging myself, even as a kid.

I did an Eevee solo run in white (no evolutions), it was level 87 upon defeating Ghetsis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)