Some sort of Egg 'RNG' Abuse (Read the first post!)

Well I am running into problems with ditto.

have been using the RNG iv abuse glitch to breed pokemon easier. I havent had a problem except until now.

Im using two magickarps to check IVs and have never had a problem.

f / x / f / m / m / m

I'm trying to get a 5iv Rotom.

I have made sure that these are the correct IVs passed being down, I even doubled checked and it was the same both times.

but for some reason when I breed a rotom and ditto with the IVs that are 'supposed' to be passed down aren't.

Both times my rotom came out the same 31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 / x

It seems rotom isn't passing down the last IV speed even though its supposed as it's the male.

Anyone have any insight as to why this is happening? I still have my save set for this iv set

According to my testing (which is basically the whole last page of this topic), bisexual and monosexual (including genderless) pokemon have different spreads. To test for rotom, you need to use a test egg that is either 100% male, 100% female, or genderless.

Also, a male torchic and a female litleo had the same spread in my latest test, confirming the above in all cases.

What are the odds of breeding 0/0/0/0/0/0 when the father has 0/0/0/0/0/X and a Power Weight and the other parent has X/0/0/0/0/0 and destiny knot? I need encouragement. Well, at least this is nothing compared to the amount of times I would have to do breed flawless without this method, or the time I would waste using an IV calculator for this method. And the world needs to know what the judge says about a Pokemon like that!

What are the odds of breeding 0/0/0/0/0/0 when the father has 0/0/0/0/0/X and a Power Weight and the other parent has X/0/0/0/0/0 and destiny knot? I need encouragement. Well, at least this is nothing compared to the amount of times I would have to do breed flawless without this method, or the time I would waste using an IV calculator for this method. And the world needs to know what the judge says about a Pokemon like that!
Set 1: YYYYY
Set 2: YYYYN
chance of getting YYYY when selecting 4 out of 5 columns and 1 out of 2 rows: 1/5 + 4/5*1/2 = 3/5
multiply by 1/32 for the random stat, and you get 3/160.

So, you will need to hatch an average of 53.3 eggs.
The chance of getting at least one perfect 0/0/0/0/0/0 after hatching 30 eggs is 43.33%.
The chance of getting at least one perfect 0/0/0/0/0/0 after hatching 60 eggs is 67.88%.
The chance of getting at least one perfect 0/0/0/0/0/0 after hatching 90 eggs is 81.80%.

Honestly, you really don't need to go that far. The time difference between going to the Judge and using the Battle Institute isn't that long.

That said, if you do go through with it, please send me some 4-5IV spitbacks (assuming that you're using Magikarps) :heart:

Set 1: YYYYY
Set 2: YYYYN
chance of getting YYYY when selecting 4 out of 5 columns and 1 out of 2 rows: 1/5 + 4/5*1/2 = 3/5
multiply by 1/32 for the random stat, and you get 3/160.

So, you will need to hatch an average of 53.3 eggs.
The chance of getting at least one perfect 0/0/0/0/0/0 after hatching 30 eggs is 43.33%.
The chance of getting at least one perfect 0/0/0/0/0/0 after hatching 60 eggs is 67.88%.
The chance of getting at least one perfect 0/0/0/0/0/0 after hatching 90 eggs is 81.80%.

Honestly, you really don't need to go that far. The time difference between going to the Judge and using the Battle Institute isn't that long.

That said, if you do go through with it, please send me some 4-5IV spitbacks (assuming that you're using Magikarps) :heart:
It's not a Magikarp, it's a Bidoof. If it was a Magikarp I would have to breed something else with 0s across the board because there's no female only Pokemon in Magikarp's egg group, while Bidoof can breed with both Miltank and Pachirisu.

Well, it's not just the Institute, sometimes the calculator wants me to level up to 53 or something. And I end up having to fool around with Rare Candies which takes time. And overall, if I am breeding a lot of stuff, only having to go to the judge will save me a lot of time. And if I breed even one 0/0/0/0/0/0 Bidoof then my chances of breeding more of them go to 1/32 because with the power item only the randomly generated stat will be anything other than 0. And if I get an extra "flawless" Bidoof of each gender I can trade them away and then they can breed them to make more Bidoofs. If multiple people are breeding Bidoofs there is a higher chance of more Bidoofs being born and then they can spread further until everyone has Bidoofs.

Last edited:
It's not a Magikarp, it's a Bidoof. If it was a Magikarp I would have to breed something else with 0s across the board because there's no female only Pokemon in Magikarp's egg group, while Bidoof can breed with both Miltank and Pachirisu.

Well, it's not just the Institute, sometimes the calculator wants me to level up to 53 or something. And I end up having to fool around with Rare Candies which takes time. And overall, if I am breeding a lot of stuff, only having to go to the judge will save me a lot of time. And if I breed even one 0/0/0/0/0/0 Bidoof then my chances of breeding more of them go to 1/32 because with the power item only the randomly generated stat will be anything other than 0. And if I get an extra "flawless" Bidoof of each gender I can trade them away and then they can breed them to make more Bidoofs. If multiple people are breeding Bidoofs there is a higher chance of more Bidoofs being born and then they can spread further until everyone has Bidoofs.
I see through your dastardly plot. You are propagating the Bidoof apocalypse!

WORK IN PROGRESS
I'm posting this unfinished version because I don't want to accidentally lose it by navigating away or something.
Mean time in seconds to get an egg and hatch an egg assuming 14.5 steps of movement per second and 10 seconds to claim egg and 23 seconds to view hatch animation (idealistic, longer in practice) 17.7/R + 33
.88: 53.1
.80: 55.1
.70: 58.3
.50: 68.4
.40: 77.3
.20: 121.5

Flying to Kiloude, Judging and depositing, Flying back: 165 seconds

Mean time per 1 egg using the "batch" method (Collect 5 eggs, hatch all, deposit all at a time)
.88: 86 seconds + EggHatchSteps/290
.80: 88 seconds + EggHatchSteps/290
.70: 91 seconds + EggHatchSteps/290
.50: 101 seconds + EggHatchSteps/290
.40: 110 seconds + EggHatchSteps/290
.20: 155 seconds + EggHatchSteps/290
divide by 145 instead of 290 if not using Opower

Mean time per 1 egg using the RNG method:

Mean time to advance RNG one step (SR, decline egg and bike until the next egg is ready), accept the next egg, and hatch it, then fly to Lumiose and enter a Battle test and check stats:
.88: 170 + EggHatchSteps/58
.80: 172 + EggHatchSteps/58
.70: 175 + EggHatchSteps/58
.50: 185 + EggHatchSteps/58
.40: 194 + EggHatchSteps/58
.20: 238 + EggHatchSteps/58

EggHatchSteps/58 is equal to:
26 for Magikarp
48 for Togetic
92 for most
158 for eevee

time equivalence assuming rng-perfect parents are always available,
6+6 = 100%
6+5 = 171%
6+4 = 300%
6+3 = 533%
5+5 different = 600%
5+5 same = 300%

Last edited:
So basically there are 3 different spreads:

3:1 male, 1:3 female, 7:1 male, 1:7 female= 1st spread

Genderless, 100% male, 100% female= second spread

50% male, 50% female= third spread

Am I understanding this correctly?

Last edited:
So basically there are 3 different spreads:

3:1 male, 1:3 female, 7:1 male, 1:7 female= 1st spread

Genderless, 100% male, 100% female= second spread

50% male, 50% female= third spread

Am I understanding this correctly?
Not quite. There's only 2 spreads, the 50%, 50% is included the first one.

So based off of what I've read so far, this definitely seems like a useful feature. I do have a few questions though:
1. From what I understand of the posts above, all of the gender ratios will provide the same stat inheritances, save for one-gender and Genderless species- does this mean I could use a pokemon with a 50/50 gender ratio to determine the inheritance a 25/75 species, and vice-versa?
2. Shinies. Do I have to use the test parents to wait until I find a shiny egg, and then swap them out for a guaranteed shiny Pokemon of my choice, or can I lock in the desired inheritance first and just soft reset until one hatches shiny? For that matter, how would using the Masuda method couple with this? If the test parents active the Method (foreign+non foreign Magikarp) and I come across a shiny egg or however it works, could I substitute the pair I actually want who are also foreign+non foreign and still have the shiny egg?
3. Would it be easier to hunt for 3 flawless IV Gyaradoses in the friend safari for breeding purposes (two guaranteed flawless IVs, chance for a third) or to catch baby pokemon in the wild (guaranteed 3 flawless IVs), evolve them, and breed with the evolutions, despite the increased time to hatch the resulting test eggs? (In other words, is finding multiple 3flawless magikarps worth it?)
Thank you in advance to whomever can help me understand all this :]

So based off of what I've read so far, this definitely seems like a useful feature. I do have a few questions though:
1. From what I understand of the posts above, all of the gender ratios will provide the same stat inheritances, save for one-gender and Genderless species- does this mean I could use a pokemon with a 50/50 gender ratio to determine the inheritance a 25/75 species, and vice-versa?
2. Shinies. Do I have to use the test parents to wait until I find a shiny egg, and then swap them out for a guaranteed shiny Pokemon of my choice, or can I lock in the desired inheritance first and just soft reset until one hatches shiny? For that matter, how would using the Masuda method couple with this? If the test parents active the Method (foreign+non foreign Magikarp) and I come across a shiny egg or however it works, could I substitute the pair I actually want who are also foreign+non foreign and still have the shiny egg?
3. Would it be easier to hunt for 3 flawless IV Gyaradoses in the friend safari for breeding purposes (two guaranteed flawless IVs, chance for a third) or to catch baby pokemon in the wild (guaranteed 3 flawless IVs), evolve them, and breed with the evolutions, despite the increased time to hatch the resulting test eggs? (In other words, is finding multiple 3flawless magikarps worth it?)
Thank you in advance to whomever can help me understand all this :]
1) According to my tests so far, yes. It's a small sample size, but I've got a spread that flips gender and stays the same so I think it's conclusive.

2) We have confirmed that masuda shinies are locked in like this (confirmed by then switching to a non-masuda pair and having the shinyness go away). We do not know about non-masuda shinies.

3) I'd say just catch a couple gyarados then breed for the 3 iv karps.

1) According to my tests so far, yes. It's a small sample size, but I've got a spread that flips gender and stays the same so I think it's conclusive.

2) We have confirmed that masuda shinies are locked in like this (confirmed by then switching to a non-masuda pair and having the shinyness go away). We do not know about non-masuda shinies.

3) I'd say just catch a couple gyarados then breed for the 3 iv karps.
Thank you very much!
So addressing point 2, you're saying you have to "lock in" the shiny egg first, along with whatever inheritance spread it generates (ex. HP, Def, SpA from mother, SpDef and Spe from father), and then switch to another Masuda pair to ensure the shininess remains?

Thank you very much!
So addressing point 2, you're saying you have to "lock in" the shiny egg first, along with whatever inheritance spread it generates (ex. HP, Def, SpA from mother, SpDef and Spe from father), and then switch to another Masuda pair to ensure the shininess remains?
Yes. Soft-reseting does not change the (masuda) shinyness after rejecting an egg. No guarantees about regular shinys.

Yes. Soft-reseting does not change the (masuda) shinyness after rejecting an egg. No guarantees about regular shinys.
And thank you again :]
Last question, I promise. To use this method, isn't it recommended to use parents with only 2 or 3 flawless IVs that don't really overlap, to better identify where the stats are being inherited? This would then lessen the time needed to breed for quintflawless mons and, by extension, parents for further breeding, yes?

And thank you again :]
Last question, I promise. To use this method, isn't it recommended to use parents with only 2 or 3 flawless IVs that don't really overlap, to better identify where the stats are being inherited? This would then lessen the time needed to breed for quintflawless mons and, by extension, parents for further breeding, yes?
Yes, although even better would be a pair of parents with interlocking 31s and 0s (e.g., 31/31/0/0/31/31 + 0/0/31/31/0/0). There would be a time investment to breed this up though.

How do you see what stats were passed down by the ditto when dealing with genderless and single gendered pokes? Will the baby have one of ditto's stats?

How do you see what stats were passed down by the ditto when dealing with genderless and single gendered pokes? Will the baby have one of ditto's stats?
I'm not 100% sure what you mean, so I'll answer both possible meanings:

The baby will (or can, since RNG can make them all from the other parent) inherit IVs from the ditto, you can check this with an Iv calculator to find matches between the baby and the ditto (or in the case of 31 or 0, the Iv checker in the postgame city pokemon center).

Ditto corresponds to the female, the genderless poke to the male in the monosex spread.

Yes, although even better would be a pair of parents with interlocking 31s and 0s (e.g., 31/31/0/0/31/31 + 0/0/31/31/0/0). There would be a time investment to breed this up though.
Right, I was just planning on catching a bunch of baby mons (probably azurill) and evolving them so I'll end up with a set of test parents (something like 31/31/31/x/x/x + x/x/x/31/31/31 like you mentioned) to determine the inheritance, then just swap them out for whatever Pokémon it is I'm aiming for.
You've been a great help, thanks a bunch

I finally managed to breed a 0/0/0/0/0/0 Bidoof. Although it's female, I should be able to more easily breed more now. What the judge said was actually funny, he said how all its stats were its best stats and were decent and then said how all of them sucked. Once I get a male I can see if I can manage to trade for a flawless female Volt Absorb Pachirisu or something else that can fulfill my needs until I can get one of those.

I just realized, I might actually be the first person to ever breed a 0/0/0/0/0/0 Pokemon in 6th gen.

EDIT: I have a male one now. But before I can trade for a test mother, I have to breed another male one to give in exchange.

Last edited:
If you get any females with 31 sp atk and the rest 0s I'll take it.

Also, I have confirmed the last spread works for 50%/50% (or at the very least was M/M/M/R/E/E). Once we get good testing pairs I'd like to compile data comparing corresponding spreads, to see if it might be possible to calculate one from the other. Seeing if theres a pattern in the random stat value between the two would be good too, but I can't think of that many monosexual mixed pokes.

EDIT: This may take a lot of data, so...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjhGzeDNOr0vdHJOT2EwX0EwRXlaNjN6UWpxQkFWdGc&usp=sharing

Don't add anything unless you're certain of what's random and from which parent each stat is inherited (I do not want any Es). The number above each spread is the value (or range) of the random stat.

Last edited:
Is there any way to increase chance of shiny besides the masuda method with this "rng" method? or you just have to be lucky?

Ok, so I have run this method a few times with success. However, I have encountered an issue and not sure why. I use two Magikarp with neutral natures and I know both parents stats. When looking at the new magikarp I can see that it inherts the HP and Defense from the Male and Attack, Special Defense, and Speed from the Female. Following the method one would think that a Male ditto with 31s in HP and Defense and a Female Gible with 31s in Attack/Special Defense/Speed would result in an egg containing a Gible with 31s in HP/Attack/Defense/Special Defense/Speed. If there is something I am missing please let me know cause the egg comes out to be 31 HP/Attack/Defense/Speed. Not bad but I want to squeeze in that Special Defense. Am I missing something here? (I was using the destiny knot on the male and the everstone on the female in both cases. Addition I confirmed the stats of mom and dad and the baby just to be sure.)

Ok, so I have run this method a few times with success. However, I have encountered an issue and not sure why. I use two Magikarp with neutral natures and I know both parents stats. When looking at the new magikarp I can see that it inherts the HP and Defense from the Male and Attack, Special Defense, and Speed from the Female. Following the method one would think that a Male ditto with 31s in HP and Defense and a Female Gible with 31s in Attack/Special Defense/Speed would result in an egg containing a Gible with 31s in HP/Attack/Defense/Special Defense/Speed. If there is something I am missing please let me know cause the egg comes out to be 31 HP/Attack/Defense/Speed. Not bad but I want to squeeze in that Special Defense. Am I missing something here? (I was using the destiny knot on the male and the everstone on the female in both cases. Addition I confirmed the stats of mom and dad and the baby just to be sure.)
Can you post the exact IVs of the parents and babies? Also, does one pair have a HA and the other not? So far, I haven't had any issues with that but you never know.

Also, this method does not help in getting a shiny, but when you do you will be able to have it be a pokemon of your choice, with 5 perfect stats (albeit maybe not the 5 best stats for the poke).

Will do as soon as I get home. Also, both were caught through regular fishing so I doubt they have and HA but I will double check to make sure.

I got another 0/0/0/0/0/0 male Bidoof. Now I can trade it away.

The ideal test mothers are Sap Sipper Marill (two gender) and Sap Sipper Miltank (monogender).

If you have either of those who are female and 31/31/31/31/31/31, visit my GameFAQs thread.

As promised:
Male(Serious):06/00/04/22/30/12
Female(Hardy):14/16/08/20/26/26

Truthfully I have just been looking at the base stats since they are so different and have correlated to each of the parents each time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)