Move Sticky Web

Status
Not open for further replies.
He gets Prankster Taunt. He can spread Paralysis which is great on a sticky web team. He can destroy the Flying-Types that dare try to defog with a quick Thunderbolt. With SR up on the opponent's side, it can take out a skarmory.
0+ SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 224 HP / 32 SpD Skarmory: 332-392 (101.5 - 119.8%)
With NO SpA EVS, Thundurus can one-shot the standard Skarmory variant.

So Sticky Web WITH partnership is a great threat that teams should be prepared for.
Nice idea although I'm more worried about Crobat, since Galva can easily Zap Skarmory, but Crobat outspeeds and Brave Birds Galva to death.

Hi guys!( First Post! )
So why hasnt anyone given leavanny an actual look as a sticky web user? You could easily run a support/pass set.IN Gen 6 he got a 10 point buff to his special defense. While his HP is subpar, his defenses are decent. and rounded.

StickyPass
252 hp 252 spd 4 def
Item: Mental Herb/Sash
1:Swords Dance
2:X-Scissor
3:Baton Pass
4:Sticky Web

Support Leavanny
252 hp 252 def 4 sdef
Item: Light Clay/MHerb
1:Knock Off
2:Light Screen/Toxic (If you're a gambler)
3:Reflect
4:Sticky Web

^Can't claim I haven't been giving it a good look :v Knock Off is sadly illegal with Sticky Web since Sewaddle doesn't get the tutor, but I've had some very nice success running another B2W2 move tutor that Sewaddle has access to, Magic Coat, alongside an attack, usually Leaf Blade-- no one expects Leavanny to hit very hard, but its Attack is six points higher than Galvantula's SpAtk at base 103.

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Magic Coat
- Toxic
- Leaf Blade

This is my set, and I've lost count of how many time I've bounced back Stealth Rock or Spikes. Pulling it on a Taunt caused a turn 1 forfeit once, which was quite amusing. A fully invested Leaf Blade will smack a lot of things for a good chunk of damage, particularly Tyranitar, whose sand Leavanny actually dodges thanks to Overcoat. Depending on the team, Toxic is there if you don't think Sticky Web will do much for you this game and you'd rather put the timer on something of the foe's, and Sticky Web is, well, the entire reason Leavanny is up here in the first place.

I actually forgot about the overcoat! That makes Leavanny usable in Sand/Snow teams. Pretty sick.
On a sand team Leaf Blade would be a pretty great surprise.

It's also of note that Leavanny is the only user with access to the Chlorophyll + Sticky Web combo, which means for the few sun teams still running around that see Sticky Web as an option it's definitely first-choice, given that it outstrips all possible users and the sun throws off Galvantula's accuracy with Thunder... in fact...

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Leaf Blade

Say hi to the only boosting Sticky Web sweeper-- 92 Speed is one of those middling tiers where Sticky Web can be of great help, and in the sun, Leavanny outstrips nearly anything you could throw its way. Swords Dance is obvious to boost your dual-STAB combo in Leaf Blade and X-Scissor and while there's certainly more potent Chlorophyll sweepers, none of them boast that sticky net. Sure, you're walled by Steel types, but this is more of a team supporter with sweeping capabilities, a kind of secondary player that lays down the net first and can come in later on cleanup if you keep it intact.

I think Baton Pass could replace one of the attacks on the set, since Bug/Grass doesn't have very good coverage (Fire, Flying, Poison, Steel). Setting up the web then setting up and passing to a more capable sweeper could be deadly (that is, if you can manage to do so before Leavanny dies, since it's only guaranteed to live one hit)

Someone mentioned Shuckle a while back due to the fact that he gets both SR and SW post-Pokebank, and I've been testing him with what I'd say is reasonable success:

Shucks @ Custap Berry
Sturdy | Careful | 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Knock Off
- Bulldoze / Toxic

Does reasonably well at setting up both hazards, and thanks to Sturdy and Custap it rarely doesn't get to do both (though Taunt is a bit of a problem, but Knock Off can annoy most taunt-users). The other two slots are mainly for filler, since Shuckle's primary job is just to set up and die, but they've come in handy now and again. I've been running Bulldoze mainly to sabotage things that try to set up on Shuckle, since it allows most things to be revenge-killed, or at least to lose most of their speed boosts if they run those. Pretty reliant on Spinblock support, though, since it won't often get the chance to setup again.

Mega Gardevoir with Shuckle's hazards has been working pretty well for me as a stallbreaker.

I think Baton Pass could replace one of the attacks on the set, since Bug/Grass doesn't have very good coverage (Fire, Flying, Poison, Steel). Setting up the web then setting up and passing to a more capable sweeper could be deadly (that is, if you can manage to do so before Leavanny dies, since it's only guaranteed to live one hit)

Leavanny basically has two sets
Leavanny @ Focus Sash / Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll / Overcoat
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Synthesis / Magic Coat
- X-Scissor
- Leaf Blade

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll / Overcoat
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Swords Dance / Agility
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor / Leaf Blade

Dual STAB Leavanny does not want to run a boosting move. It misses out on many things in its coverage, rendering SD a bit of a waste of time since Leavanny is scared out easily and it is not as much of a suicide lead as it appears to be, and it does not like being walled and forced to squander its boosts. Four types resist its Dual STAB, and they are all somewhat common.
Focus Sash basically guarantees Sticky Web (you can hit all Taunt users that outspeed it pretty damn hard with X-Scissor/Leaf Blade since they have a tendency to be frail) while LO is more of a gamble but allows Leavanny to nab KO's easier.

If you run a boosting move, it can be both Agility and SD. Agility is easier to pass since Leavanny outspeeds basically everything after an Agility and can zip out of the battlefield pretty quickly once it has done its job, which is more difficult with SD due to the fact that Leavanny is not that fast and is very likely to have a broken Sash after setting up Sticky Web.

Also, note that Leavanny is a rather horrible suicide lead due to its typing, which means that if you want to bring it in later, Leftovers are a serious option to be considered.
Toxic can also be used in some moveslots, but Leavanny suffers 4MSS as it is already.

I find shuckle to be the best user of this move..Because it does no need to lead..Not only that but you can use it as a physical or special wall and it also gets Rocks and Knock off for support..Yes,smeargle gets all the moves mentioned above but you have to lead with it..

Yeah, the main difference between Shuckle and Smeargle is a tradeoff of speed for the ability to take hits, which is much appreciated when setting hazards.

I've also found Sitrus Subseed Trevenant to be extremely useful with Sticky Web support. It's one of those situations where he doesn't NEED it to be successful, but the bonus in speed it grants lets him wall even MORE things than he already could.

I'm going to experiment with Sticky Web on Masquerain. I've been test playing on a defensive role for Masquerain Calm nature 252 on HP and 252 on Sp Def and 4 on its Def and so far it can actually withstand on neutral attacks or even x2 ones..

But I'm think of changing up my play style and take advantage of its Sticky Web, Quiver Dance & Batton Pass set.

I'm considering running a timid nature but still undecided for the EV spread.. I'm thinking of 248 on the HP and 252 on its Speed and the rest on its Sp Def kinda like its BW NU set..

Has anyone been able to pull off a successful Ariados with Sticky Web? I really love this poké and would like to add one to my team.. Not sure how to set it up, though.

I've been playing a lot of the 6th ou recently and I have had a lot of success with galvantula. I'm no sure if I prefer sticky web over stealth rock but it really helps against offensive teams (I normally use a mix of hyper and bulky ). But I think people really underestimate galvantula itself. I run a 252spa/252spe/4spd timid one with thunder, bug buzz, energy ball and stick web with a focus sash and she usually nets me an kill per game and is more than capable of more if I forgo using sticky web and use a life orb instead of a focus sash

I could see Masqeurain running a support set like:
Masquerain @ lefties / mental herb / focus sash
252 spe 252 hp 4 def timid / 252 hp 252 def 4 spe bold
sticky web
quiver dance
baton pass
bug buzz

Bug/flying is one of those type combos... you know the ones. Resists out the yinyang but weak to SR.

//

I also found custap/mental herb shuckle to be pretty effective as previously mentioned. Knock off and infestation and are nice vs taunt users. In fact, if you absolutely have to get sticky web into play because it's part of your strategy, mental herb shuckle is your best bet.

Deleted User [105998]

Banned deucer.
Has anyone been able to pull off a successful Ariados with Sticky Web? I really love this poké and would like to add one to my team.. Not sure how to set it up, though.
If Ariados can finally get focus energy from beedrill through breeding this gen then I could see a sniper set possibly working in the lower teirs, otherwise I still think its worthless.

Ariados @ Focus Sash
Adamant 252 Atk 6 SpDef 252 Spe
-Sticky Web
-Focus Energy
-Cross Poison
-Sucker Punch

The idea of the set would be to hopefully laydown a sticky web with your sash still intact and then come back later to set up a focus energy and fire off 2.25x boosted Cross-Poison. The EVs are to outrun 88 Spe Neutral Nature Jellicent Taunt, (the only taunt that Ariados can outrun aside from maybe Pangoro's). Sucker Punch would help hit threats (read everything) that outspeed and still has a 50% to crit as well which could help you I guess. Crits ignore defense buffs so it could help you out if someone tries to set up on you but who would set up on Ariados in the first place. If you feel lucky you could try putting on Scope Lens which guarentees a crit from sucker punch after focus energy and gives Cross Poison a 50% chance with out focus energy up. There is also the fact that Ariados may not even get focus energy which makes this whole set worthless. If Ariados doesn't get focus energy then the only reason it should be used is that Galvantula, Masquerain, Leavanny, Shuckle, and Smeargle are all banned for NU.

I could see Masqeurain running a support set like:
Masquerain @ lefties / mental herb / focus sash
252 spe 252 hp 4 def timid / 252 hp 252 def 4 spe bold
sticky web
quiver dance
baton pass
bug buzz

Bug/flying is one of those type combos... you know the ones. Resists out the yinyang but weak to SR.
I've been battling online although I'm no competitive player but I find it that Masquerain could switch into physical Aegislash and sets up sticky web and nab a couple of quiver dances then batton passing it. I like the Bold nature spread 248HP, 252 Def and the remaining 8 on Speed. It tanks much better than the intial Calm nature I've been running. I once had a battle against Mega Heracross that used Rock Blast on Masquerain and it unbelievably survived.

Although no sticky web..
I was running
Quiver Dance
Roost
Batton Pass
Bug Buzz

I was counting that Masquerain had an updated stat increase this gen either on its Speed or in its defense but sadly same old same..

I've been using Sticky Web off of Galvantula with general success, constructing my team with a couple Pokémon that always had solid power but needed a Scarf to truly sweep, like Heracross (and Mega-Heracross), Nidoking, and even Dragonite. Generally, with a Sticky Web and a boosting nature, these guys can fulfill their dream as terrifying sweepers and wallbreakers.

Admittedly, I've been lucky so far. Talonflame can be an extreme buzzkill, boasting higher speed than Galvantula and Flare Blitz (though every Talonflame I've come across has switched out, not switching into Magic Bounce Espeon or Xatu or anything). And of course, Stealth Rock support would be a nice contribution to dissuade flyers, although you're going to need to run two set-up Pokémon (I suppose Skarmory is as good a teammate as any). Oddly, I have not come across any Spinners, but we can never rule them out, so in terms of new Spinblockers, Trevenant has some admirable utility.

From what I've observed, I feel the entire set-up of a Sticky Web team centers on favoring longevity of the entry hazard and/or taking advantage ASAP and going on a sweep. That's why I truly like (Weakness Policy) DD Dragonite here, who can rack up enough boosts to outspeed many threats as long as Sticky Web is out, and proceed on a +1/+3 rampage. I don't know if it can be as far-reaching as Stealth Rock, given its distribution, but Sticky Web will have a huge impact, I feel.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
might kriketune get sticky web. yes, it is a awful pokemon, but it could see use in NU. And, maybe genesect....
Spinarak, Ariados, Shuckle, Smeargle, Surskit, Masquerain, Sewaddle, Swadloon, Leavanny, Galvantula. These are, officialy, the only pokemon who can learn Sticky Web as of now.
Hopefully, Pokebank will give us more viable ones.

Spinarak, Ariados, Shuckle, Smeargle, Surskit, Masquerain, Sewaddle, Swadloon, Leavanny, Galvantula. These are, officialy, the only pokemon who can learn Sticky Web as of now.
Hopefully, Pokebank will give us more viable ones.
Well, Sticky Web is a move aviable only in the 6th generation no matter what, and the only bugs unaviable at time are genesect, which is arguably much better than Galvantula but I feel it has better things to do such as Shift Gear and Choice Scarf sets and... Kricketune which is worse even than Ariados.

I've been thinking about sticky web, and how best to run it on my team. Apparently the move does not slow down anything with levitate or flying (or clear body). This is a problem for a couple of reasons.

Mainly talonflame. I know he already gets priority on flying, but since hes so fast it enables him to get around stuff like sucker punch mawile. Who are the best sweepers and pokes to compliment a team like this?

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I love masquerain as a wall. I have had some (but not much) success in the bw2 ou meta game, with intimidate and and a load of support moves it is viable.

Masquerain @ Leftovers
Calm 248 Hp 248 SpDef 12 Spe
-Sticky Web
-Roost
-Whirlwind/U-turn
-Bug Buzz/Scald/Ice Beam
This may seem weird, but it actually works. What this set does is allow masquerain to survive so can re-set up after they spin/defog. I know its bulk is underwhelming and so are its other stats but with intimidate it can take hits sorta. The set it obvious, roost for recovery, whirlwind or u-turn to get momentum or stop it being set up fodder. The last move should be an attacking move. Bug buzz is nice STAB, scald for burns and ice beam hurts dragons. This is the closest wall your gonna get with a sticky webber. Shuckle is complete set tup fodder, i've tried and if they have sub you cant do anything. I really like this set and it is worth a try, I guess i'm used to using masquerain and i know how to use it, but this set is really under rated. 12 speed out speeds min speed ttar. It is also great for intimidate fodder.
Dont blame me when it dies 1st turn to a brave bird.

I guess you could use aqua jet or something could be used to revenge kill sash zam but it'll get defog soon i guess.

Haters gonna hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)