Best Luck in Pokémon

stuff like finding the same shiny twice without pokeradar (which I did) and getting a crit on the champion that won you the battle when you had no money left

From my experiences on this site, people tend to remember bad luck a lot more than they remember good luck.

And to answer your question, anything in a tool-assisted speedrun. Those things are crazy

So I just bred a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Kangaskhan off of 31/x/31/31/31/31 and x/31/x/x/x/x parents

on the third egg

I must have built some good karma or something, holy shit. Think I'm going to buy a lottery ticket.

I think this almost counts as bad luck... I was going for a 5-IV Scizor, one parent 5IV and non-Adamant, the other 4IV Adamant. This should be 1/15 odds, but I was just not getting it, twice getting a perfect Swarmin Scyther. When I finally got it, almost as if to make it up to me, it was a 6IV male (Which helped me get em a very fast 5IV Larvesta).

Just yesterday in Battle Mansion I was losing to a Chesnaught and down to my last pokemon, Azumarill. I figured the play rough would kill but wouldn't be very likely to finish his other two pokes (yes, lead Chesnaught and I'm Choice Banded) so I locked myself into waterfall. Anyway, 9 flinches later I won the battle :D

Today, I caught an Adamant Zygarde with perfect Attacks, Special Defense and Speed IVs, with the HP and defense Ivs not being to far behind.

Me beating Red in Heartgold with POkemon that are 40 levels under his and its a fire monotype. Also, when Cynthia's Milotic spams mirror coat, so I'm able to set up to +6 with my Gardevoir.

It was soft resetting for a naive kyurem-b with good vid was taking me forever all of a sudden a modest one comes up and I am just like lets just check it's Ivs it was perfect in everything other then attack like holy shit

Was breeding a 31/31/x/31/31/31 Rotom with a 31/x/31/x/x/31 Ditto.

After about an hourish: PERFECT ROTOM.

My first perfect pokemon EVER. (I don't RNG and usually settle for 4-5 perfect IVs)

And... since it's Gen 6. it can't learn Pain Split or Trick.

BUT IT'S PERFECT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It was soft resetting for a naive kyurem-b with good vid was taking me forever all of a sudden a modest one comes up and I am just like lets just check it's Ivs it was perfect in everything other then attack like holy shit
Try using RNG.

I remembered my first attempt at RNG-Timid HP Ice Heatran. I was new to it and I didn't know how to advance frames. I could never get the seconds on my DS right. Then I tried my hand at frame advancement RNGing.

Heatran "accidentally" came out shiny. With my desired IVs and nature.

Got a shiny Naive Kyurem after just a handfull of soft resets with excellent IV's back in Black. I was bummed that it was a shitty pokemon... Until it turned into the wallbreaking terror-beast known as Kyurem-B! And the nature and IV's are perfect for a mixed wallbreaking set. I can't wait to drag this beast into Y in December, it is a monster. That black/violet coloration is damn sexy.

Other than that, though, I'm the kind of guy that runs into shiny pokemon that have Roar.

• I was walking through Mt Pyre in search for a Shuppet. I ran into a Shuppet, It wasnt just any ordinary Shuppet. It was a Shiny Shuppet! I screamed like a Loudred! & That Shiny Shuppet eventually became a Shiny Banette & Is on my team & Hall of Fame. Still need to transfer it though :/
• Was battling Rayquaza in Sapphire. My Swampert used Ice Beam on Rayquaza. It was frozen solid & it stayed frozen for at least 30 turns till I was able to catch it, On a Pokéball :D

Way back on my first run of Pearl, I was down to my last Pokemon, Abomasnow, with about 10 HP left. He was against Cynthia's last Pokemon, a full-health Garchomp. I knew Garchomp was faster than Abomasnow, so I sadly said "So this is it... Might as well use blizzard..."

Quick claw activates. Abomasnow uses blizzard, and OHKOs Garchomp. And I become the Sinnoh Champion. It was glorious.

On another note, I was also farming Luvdisc one day, and found my first shiny. It was a Gyarados. I think that should go on the "worst luck in Pokemon" thread instead :(

While breeding for hours to get a perfect 5 IV Jolly female Mienfoo, I finally got one... and it was flawless! 6 IVs! My second flawless mon in my history of Pokemon. This girl is gonna be named Hime, after the Choice Scarf Mienshao I ran in Black that wrecked all of my opponents.

Up to eight shinies in X so far.

It's pissing all of my friends off because they've never found any XD
They're clearly not tipping enough.

I got a shiny Fletchling while I was trying to test to see if it could get Mirror Move, Feather Dance, Whirlwind, or Hurricane as Egg Moves.

Not sure if this is good luck or bad luck but in Diamond I got a 5IV Adamant Eevee while trying to get a Timid HP Ice one. I don't care how bad Flareon is, I'm still gonna make a Choice Band set for this thing.

They're clearly not tipping enough.

I got a shiny Fletchling while I was trying to test to see if it could get Mirror Move, Feather Dance, Whirlwind, or Hurricane as Egg Moves.

Not sure if this is good luck or bad luck but in Diamond I got a 5IV Adamant Eevee while trying to get a Timid HP Ice one. I don't care how bad Flareon is, I'm still gonna make a Choice Band set for this thing.
Does Tipping really increase shiny rate?

@Bolded
How could you say such a thing to my face? D:

I... I get Flare Blitz now....

Does Tipping really increase shiny rate?

@Bolded
How could you say such a thing to my face? D:

I... I get Flare Blitz now....
Ok well... you're still outclassed by Arcanine and Entei. And no one really knows if tipping increases shiny rate or not but I've been tipping 1000 the entire game and have gotten 5 shinies so far.

I've been tipping randomly, between 100-500 all game, and have gotten my share of shinies (around 4) HOWEVER they have all been from Friend Safari or Hordes, which all have an increased shiny rate, so...

Just ran into a shiny Electrode that didn't kill itself on me.

That alone is superb.
It also brings me up to 9 shinies >_>

I finally started breeding myself Charmanders today, dreading it due to the the lopsided Male/Female ratio. I needed one with Timid and the other with Jolly, so I could breed whatever nature I wanted at will, since I was supposed to get a Jolly male, I needed a Timid Female with hopefully 3 or more decent IV's. I started with a Safari female with the following IV spreads....

Female - 31/xx/xx/xx/xx/31
Male - xx/31/31/xx/31/31.

I bred a full box +5 worth of eggs, hatching four females (not bad). All the males were useless to me from there nature, and only had two with 4 IV's... Three of the females inherited a whopping ONE perfect IV, either Speed or HP...

The last female? 31/31/31/xx/31/31.... I don't even want to know the odds of getting this spread from those parents and with that 12.5% gender ratio. In another 15 minutes I bred it with my Jolly Garchomp and got a Jolly male with that same spread, with all the egg moves I wanted (Dragon Rush/Pulse/Dance and Outrage).

Considering the hell it went through to breed my Salamence, totally made my day.

Last edited:

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My best luck ever just happened last night (Or 6 hours ago if you wanna be specific..I stayed up a bit late.) I was on Route 11, using Sweet Scent trying to find Starly hordes. The process went on for hours...I started at about 1:20AM or something, and up until like 2:45 AM, I randomly found a shiny male Nidoran in a horde. Awesome, right? I caught it and kept going. Probably like 15-20 minutes later, I find ANOTHER shiny male Nidoran in a horde. Between those hordes I also found a Starly horde, but none of them had the Reckless ability I was after (I was using Entrainment Durant to scout).

When I was online before I started I was jokingly saying that Starly hordes in this game are rarer than shiny Pokemon...seems I wasn't too far off from the truth after all.

My best luck ever just happened last night (Or 6 hours ago if you wanna be specific..I stayed up a bit late.) I was on Route 11, using Sweet Scent trying to find Starly hordes. The process went on for hours...I started at about 1:20AM or something, and up until like 2:45 AM, I randomly found a shiny male Nidoran in a horde. Awesome, right? I caught it and kept going. Probably like 15-20 minutes later, I find ANOTHER shiny male Nidoran in a horde. Between those hordes I also found a Starly horde, but none of them had the Reckless ability I was after (I was using Entrainment Durant to scout).

When I was online before I started I was jokingly saying that Starly hordes in this game are rarer than shiny Pokemon...seems I wasn't too far off from the truth after all.
I think there is an increased likelihood of finding a shiny Pokemon during the "night hours," but I digress. That is still a great feat.

I cannot believe I had this moment happen to me. I had a 31/31/x/x/x/x male Phantump and a x/x/31/x/31/31 Ditto. The first batch of eggs included a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Phantump...which is a 0.000004% chance, if mind serves me right. Question to game: why can't I be this lucky in real life?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)