Status
Not open for further replies.

Name: Florges
Type: Fairy
Abilities: Flower Veil / Symbiosis
Base Stats: 78 / 65 / 68 / 112 / 154 / 75
Movepool: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/florges.3489691/
General Description
At the first glance, this appears as a mediocre pokemon and unworthy being among the titans. However, it does have few things going for it. It has an amazing special bulk (taking ~70% from hydro pump specs omastar in rain o.o). Florges can serve as an excellent cleric, an alternative to Chansey, with Aromatherapy and Wish. Florges can always beat Giratina formes, a feat that Chansey cannot do. It can retaliate back with powerful Moonblast from 112 SpA. Florges has a respectable 75 speed base, which can be easily invested to outspeed base 90's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Use Fairy Arceus.

Also taking 70% from the things you're supposed to wall means you chose something really awful.

Just. Use. Fairy. Arceus. Or defensive Xerneas, that works better as well.

Nothing can wall specs Omastar lol. Taking 70% from one of the most powerful and broken move in ubers is bulky as fuck. Fairyceus and Xerneas cannot pass wish to teammates, and that gives Florges a niche. Also, using Florges frees up Arceus slot for something else. Aroma Xern has a problem with longevity (lack of recovery). If you're using Resstalk Xern, then it's just a set up bait for whatever sweeper of your choice. Florges fills that unique niche that some teams may need.

Obviously it's outclassed by Fairyceus but that's not too much of a deal since you might need another Arceus.

You have to run a Wish + Protect set on this guy otherwise it is sorely outclassed by Xerneas. (Similar bulk due to the low HP stat of Florges). I guess a Wish / Protect / Moonblast / Toxic set is its best choice but honestly I don't see any reason to use this guy over Chansey since the physical dragons will rape you anyway, Chansey can actually wall Specs Kyogre in addition to all the other things Florges can wall, and Moonblast is doing approximately nothing to most Ubers off of a pathetic uninvested, unboosted 112 SpAtk.

Still, its an interesting concept. What uses have you found for it?

Use Fairy Arceus.

Also taking 70% from the things you're supposed to wall means you chose something really awful.

Fairy Arceus is OHKO'd by Specs Omastar after SR (as is every single defogger in the tier). I wouldn't call taking 70% from such a ridiculous move "really awful."

As for Florges, puregenius used this against me and it had an easy time finding opportunities to provide cleric support. What it cannot do is prevent your opponent from sending in their Defogger or own cleric and take some momentum for themselves. It's similar to Chansey, but 112 Special Attack is very reasonable even when uninvested. This thing also does well against most Palkia, though Lustrous Orb can 2HKO with Pump if rain is up. Insurance against Palkia is never a bad thing!

One thing. Why do you mention Spec Omastar Hydro Pump in the rain when Spec Kyogre Water Sprout exist. Chansey takes hits better than Florges. For any other purposes, Fairy Arceus is superior.

Stop comparing Fairyceus and Xerneas to Florges when they are clearly used for different purposes tyvm. (plus Florges saves you an Arceus)

However, I am interested in knowing why Florges and not Sylveon who has the same cleric abilities, very similar bulk, and a higher damage output thanks to Pixilate? (it also passes meatier Wishes and has better physical bulk)

I'll never understand why they didn't make this thing Fairy/Grass

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Why is Specs Omastar even relevant in the first place? Am i missing something?
No, it isn't very viable at all.
Stop comparing Fairyceus and Xerneas to Florges when they are clearly used for different purposes tyvm. (plus Florges saves you an Arceus)

However, I am interested in knowing why Florges and not Sylveon who has the same cleric abilities, very similar bulk, and a higher damage output thanks to Pixilate? (it also passes meatier Wishes and has better physical bulk)

I'll never understand why they didn't make this thing Fairy/Grass
Yeah, I'm agreeing with Melee here, I'd rather use Sylveon over this, I really don't see any advantages to using Florges.

Nothing can wall specs Omastar lol. Taking 70% from one of the most powerful and broken move in ubers is bulky as fuck. Fairyceus and Xerneas cannot pass wish to teammates, and that gives Florges a niche. Also, using Florges frees up Arceus slot for something else. Aroma Xern has a problem with longevity (lack of recovery). If you're using Resstalk Xern, then it's just a set up bait for whatever sweeper of your choice. Florges fills that unique niche that some teams may need.
Defensive Xern runs Aromatherapy and RestTalk on the same set - waking up while curing status is pretty nifty. It might still have problems, but longevity is not one of them, and self-wakeup can help mitigate the setup sweeper problem.

Defensive Xern runs Aromatherapy and RestTalk on the same set - waking up while curing status is pretty nifty. It might still have problems, but longevity is not one of them, and self-wakeup can help mitigate the setup sweeper problem.
Not to mention its above average hp stat which more then enough can take neutral hits or weak SE moves until it wakes up. Also the return of gen 4 mechanics sleep mechanics lets it switch out into a sweeper's check or counter you care without wasting a turn of it sleeping completely.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Again what is the point of that over Sylveon? It does what that RestTalk set does but has Wish.

Use Fairy Arceus.

Unfortunately, Arceus doesn't learn Aromatherapy, which is one of the good things that Florges has over it plus, Xerneas doesn't have a reliable recovery move.

Last edited:

Player-0

(*′☉.̫☉)
Unfortunately, Arceus doesn't learn Aromatherapy, which is one of the good things that Florges has over it plus, Xerneas doesn't have a reliable recovery move.
While still not "reliable" what about rest + lum berry for xern.

don't really see the point. It's great in 2s and sylveon outclasses it in most cases due to pixilate hyper voice being much stronger then moonblast, the only thing it has going for it is the speed. Doesn't solve mega gengar problems either which chansey gets destroyed by, as this thing is weak to sludge bomb. If you are looking for a wish passer that isn't mega gengar bait I would consider wish mega kang. (wish, protect, knock off, seismic)

I can't be assed to find a dead horse picture so just pretend there is one. Going to lock since that's all the discussion this thread is getting but not delete cause there's still some good posts here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)