Pokemon-Amie Thread

What is your opinion on Pokemon-Amie?

• HNNNNNNGGHHH! ALL MY FEELS!

Votes: 78 36.3%
  • Very cute and helps with the Pokemon name. I like it a lot!

Votes: 62 28.8%
  • I guess it is cute. I'm a bit indifferent, though.

Votes: 47 21.9%
  • Meh...HeartGold and SoulSilver did better.

Votes: 23 10.7%
  • I don't have a definitive opinion yet.

Votes: 5 2.3%

• Total voters
Been playing around with my post-game "Exploration" team (Semi-competitive, all EV'd and IV'd, and has the ability to have Fly/Surf/Waterfall), and just gonna put some of my impressions with them from trying to get them all to 4+ hearts (Actual competitive team only has 2 hearts lol). Team is Mienshao(F)/Golurk/Gyarados(F)/Gastrodon(M)/Espeon(F)/Manectric(F).

Mienshao: I already ranted about her before, but good god I love the happiness animation, it looks so cool because it's like a noblewoman laugh. Also when it gets to 3+ hearts, the happy animation she does when you go into Amie, a sort of swaying movement, looks nice.

Golurk: HUGE. This dude is huge. Also it's funny because if you don't feed it, the only place you can pet is its feet. Which it likes, for some reason. If you feed it and get access to the head area, you can pet other places, but most of them on the upper torso it doesn't like. If you try and pet the bandage over its chest, it gets angry. Or at least, I'm assuming it's angry from lack of facial expression. It sorta shakes and all of its lights flash on and off. When it's happy though it does a sort of flexing animation which takes ages to complete, but eh it's cool.

Gyarados: Also huge. Somewhat scary, but the way it sorta dances around when happy is funny. Can't smile though, which is a shame. But then again, a Gyarados smiling would be terrifying to see, probably.

Gastrodon: Nothing too special. Likes it when you pet its belly/feet area. Takes long, slow bites when eating which is neat. Doesn't ever close its eyes though which is somewhat odd.

Espeon: OMG SO CUTE. Seriously. I used to have a Sylveon that I played with for a while, and it was cute, but Espeon is like 20x cuter. It looks so small and cuddly too... The happiness animations are top notch. Likes being petted under its chin/neck area which is cute as fuck.

Manectric: Nothing too special either. It's weird though because it doesn't like being petted on its nose, but it doesn't really have a spot it does like to be petted either. Or maybe it's too "cool" to show where it likes it? Because Manectric is a cool mon.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I found the downside of maxing out happiness in Amie: Poison Heal becomes extremely unreliable.

Now, my Gliscor rarely heals any damage at all before it "Gets rid of the poisoning so CRoll could stop worrying". I can't just poison it and switch to a better item any more, it has to hold the Toxic Orb continuously to stay poisoned. And it doesn't recover damage the turn it becomes poisoned...

At least, it becomes re-poisoned immediately after wearing it off, as both happen at the end of the same turn. That way, I can still absorb status moves. But it loses out on several turns of recovery during a long match, such as against my rival in Kiloude City.

So I finally got to max hearts with my Espeon (playing when stressed by studying for the JLPT is good for the soul) and when I went out of Amie, it said that "You and [Espeon] will be friends forever!" And that made me warm and fuzzy inside.

Also finally figured out how to do that freaking face game. It's really fun, actually, if a bit iffy with the game camera.

BRB insulin

I found the downside of maxing out happiness in Amie: Poison Heal becomes extremely unreliable.

Now, my Gliscor rarely heals any damage at all before it "Gets rid of the poisoning so CRoll could stop worrying". I can't just poison it and switch to a better item any more, it has to hold the Toxic Orb continuously to stay poisoned. And it doesn't recover damage the turn it becomes poisoned...

At least, it becomes re-poisoned immediately after wearing it off, as both happen at the end of the same turn. That way, I can still absorb status moves. But it loses out on several turns of recovery during a long match, such as against my rival in Kiloude City.
It makes absolutely no sense how a pokemon can just naturally cure itself of poison. Or any other status other than sleep and confuse.

It makes absolutely no sense how a pokemon can just naturally cure itself of poison. Or any other status other than sleep and confuse.
The First Movie showed us that Pokemon tears can raise the dead, so being able to will themselves into good health seems pretty plausible by comparison.

Also, just a few more things I've discovered:

- I just found out that you can feed Slowbro's mutant Shellder. It doesn't like to be touched, though. I think they have some kind of psychic bond or something since they're always mimicking each other's actions.
- Cranidos also really likes it when you rub the very top of its head. It probably gets pretty sore when you headbutt everything like Zinedine Zidane all the time, ya goober (but you know I still love ya). Rampardos doesn't seem to care one way or the other.
- And oh man is Goodra the happiest dragon ever. It's just dripping with elation, along with some other substance I can't identify. Totally worth getting my paws dirty just to see its wibbly-wobbly reactions. That's what hand wipes are for anyway, along with casually sniffing if its the lemon-scented kind. Um... you can forget that last part.

Reactions: JES
The First Movie showed us that Pokemon tears can raise the dead, so being able to will themselves into good health seems pretty plausible by comparison.

Also, just a few more things I've discovered:

- I just found out that you can feed Slowbro's mutant Shellder. It doesn't like to be touched, though. I think they have some kind of psychic bond or something since they're always mimicking each other's actions.
- Cranidos also really likes it when you rub the very top of its head. It probably gets pretty sore when you headbutt everything like Zinedine Zidane all the time, ya goober (but you know I still love ya). Rampardos doesn't seem to care one way or the other.
- And oh man is Goodra the happiest dragon ever. It's just dripping with elation, along with some other substance I can't identify. Totally worth getting my paws dirty just to see its wibbly-wobbly reactions. That's what hand wipes are for anyway, along with casually sniffing if its the lemon-scented kind. Um... you can forget that last part.
Looool I just trained a Goodra not too long ago and started playing with it. Its... so... squishy! It bounces around and drips everywhere, and when you pet it it's all squishy sound effects... cutest pseudo-legendary dragon final evo ever. :3

Guys, have you ever played with a Golbat?
It's the weirdest thing. It's mostly mouth, right? So it's like

WHAT AM I PETTING

If you pet Grimer, your hand gets slowed down due to being mired in sludge, complete with sound effects. Grimer doesn't seem to mind, though. Presumably Muk works the same way.

If you pet Grimer, your hand gets slowed down due to being mired in sludge, complete with sound effects. Grimer doesn't seem to mind, though. Presumably Muk works the same way.
But isn't Grimer/Muk's sludge so poisonous that it pretty much kills any life that comes into contact with it? /dex

I kinda want a Muk now...

Some people...*shudders*
lolwut.

Been playing with a few more mons.

Blaziken: This guy is one cool motherf**ker. He just crosses his arms and acts like he's some badass fighter... which he is, I suppose.

Cloyster: Perpetual grin. When you pet its horn, its eyes close and its grin gets bigger. When you pet his face, it's grinning still, but the eyes open, and that's when you know you should stop unless you like getting Icicle Spear'd in the face.

Espeon still the cutest omg

Machoke putting his hands on his hips and laughing after you pet him is pretty strange. I mean, it's weird enough petting a humanoid pokemon...

So I've Pokemon Amie'd with some of my own pokemon, and well...

Ampharos: This thing is ADORABLE! It looks relaxed when you rub it anywhere but the tummy. Rub the tummy, and Ampharos goes XD, and looks like it's immensly enjoying it. Just don't touch the gems though, you'll get shocked as a result (that explains static)

Togekiss: Outdoes even Ampharos on being adorable. It happy faces and flaps its wings when happy. You can rub it ANYWHERE(as far as I know), and it LOVES having the head spikes rubbed. It's also one of the best pokemon to do the face game with.

Xerneas: While you can only rub Xerneas' legs unless you move the camera, It doesn't like having its antlers rubbed, and the face is unexpressive at all, it is pretty decent to have.

Moltres: Going into amie, it looks majestic. Rubbing a non-burning part of its body, or feeding it a pokepuff result in Moltres acting like a coy "Oh stop it you", kinda thing, like its trying to keep its majestic image up or something. I don't think Luxury balls have anything to do with amie though, am I right? (I'm asking because I caught Moltres in a Luxury Ball.)

When I said "Oh stop it you", I meant this:

EDIT: Can't wait till Pokebank, for Kyurem-W, and Giratina-A, mainly because I consider Gira-A cute. I also can't wait for the shiny Goomy I'm trying to Masuda(Might take days though, but not the 1st time I tried to find something rare and succeeded, that moment was the Red Tail in FF4DS, took me a week of farming.)

Too much work! Damn I want to play again Pokemon Aime and upload them!

In a non-related note (?) had the option of turn on the pokemon aime abilities, just for fun, no competitive at all.

Pokemon-amie is amazing. Probably my second-favorite thing about X/Y after Wonder Trade

I'm using an all-flying team for my first play through. Thoughts:

Pidgeot: I haven't used this guy since Gen 1, but he proved tougher than the Staravia I was training to replace him, and much cuter to pet.

Crobat: Petting Zubat was fine. Petting Golbat was weird. Apparently it can't close that giant mouth at all? But it still manages to eat? Do the pokepuffs just get absorbed into the black hole of its mouth? I was really glad when it evolved, is what I'm saying. Crobat is less creepy by far.

Skarmory: so thaaaat's how those metal knife wings work. Its head actually looks kind of creepy from the front, though, like some kind of faceless robot. Also: once Skarmory's happiness hit 3 hearts, it does this adorable little head tilt in battle as 'Skarmory is waiting for FlameRaven's instructions!"

I've never been very fond of Trapinch/Vibrava, viewing them mostly as an annoying but necessary step to Flygon, but Vibrava was ADORABLE in Amie. Something about its twitchy little bug eyes and legs was so cute I was almost disappointed when it evolved.

Talonflame: Was a little bit cuter as a Fletchinder, but that's just because I think they should have kept the red and black for the underside of Talonflame's wings, too, and maybe made its stomach a darker grey. It's still really nice to see it throw its wings out in happiness when I feed and pet it. :D

Finally - on the Decoration screen, I find it hilarious that if you are riding your bike (especially when going back and forth to hatch eggs) the Pokemon can't keep up with you and its icon just ends up rolling to the far edge of the screen where it gets stuck until you turn around.

I'm looking forward to seeing other pokemon once I finish the game and start breeding/training up some other types.

Lol you people haven't done Pokemon-Amie until you put a Spritzee and ESPECIALLY a Helioptile in. I'd have said Skiddo as well, but someone else already did, so I second their comment.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
While I am also enamored with the ability to pet and interact with pokemon, I would like to turn your attention to an aspect that I don't believe has been brought up so far, and that is, what does your Pokemon Amie 'house' look like? Here's mine:

I haven't updated it in a while, but every now and then I like to rearrange and redecorate. It's really fun seeing what new objects you can get from the random pokemon who come to visit you.
On the topic of what items you can get from visiting pokemon, it seems that when all three visitors share a type, you are more likely to get a rare object, such as that egg nest that I have displayed.
Here is a picture of the other "rare" or possibly type dependent items I have received:

the ones I can remember : the two flag perches were when three flying types decided to grace my amie house
the campfire and lava rock were from fire types
actually the stump comes with it at the beginning iirc
but the others are all semi rare objects that i only have one or two of and that seem to only appear when pokemon of the same type are present and their exclamations turn from "...." and "?" to "music note" and "heart" and "big exclamation marks" :)
I've wondered what it is that they are discussing...could it be stats, ev's, iv's, different happiness values, paper rock scissors, or some combination of the above?
Anyway, what pokemon do appear seems to be completely random, aside from it being the pokemon of your friends/aquantances that is in Amie , and heavily biased to talonflame XD. I usually try to leave my screen on pokemon amie while hatching eggs because this will get me more rare and cool objects!
I'm guessing that the shell and pearl came from water types
I don't know what the castle came from, or the eggs
I'm guessing the feathers came from flying types, although I don't know if typing had a play in whether they were black or white
I also have a blue and red fire cushion, that Im guessing came from fire types, although the campfire object has appeared at least 4 times for me
The Stars, Cubes, and plain color cusions seem to be the "uncommon" objects, and again, I don't know what comes into play for these to appear
When the pokemon seem to have very little in common, you get a pokepuff, or maybe a color cushion (I have a lot of those)
there is also a limit to the amount of items you can put out, which is 30
I also have 28 wallpapers, 12 of which correspond to a pokemon type, and I didn't notice at the time but my guess is that these can appear when you have pokemon of the same type visiting you
Anyway, what are your thoughts on the different objects and what makes them appear, and what does your Pokemon Amie house look like? Also what other rare objects have you found?

Edit:
Here are some observations
Common
Mocha Poke Puff: Talonflame, Heliolisk, Mewtwo
Mocha Poke Puff: Talonflame, Zweilos, Talonflame
Mocha Poke Puff : Diggerby , fletchinder, Talonflame
Mocha Poke Puff: Eevee, Malamar, Ampharos
Mocha Poke Puff: Greninja, Charizard, Talonflame
Sweet Poke Puff: Magmar, Chansey, Talonflame (color of Chansey)
Sweet Poke Puff: Mewtwo, Goodra, Talonflame
Sweet Poke Puff: Scizor, Aerodactyl, Charmeleon
Spice Poke Puff : Talonflame, Fletchinder, Mewtwo
Spice Poke Puff: Talonflame, Gengar, Talonflame
Spice Poke Puff: Talonflame, Talonflame, Sylveon
Mint Poke Puff: Shelder, Talonflame, Sigilyph
Uncommon
Frosted Mint Poke Puff: Charizard, Talonflame, Rhyhorn
Frosted Spice Poke Puff: Talonflame, Lucario, Talonflame
Frosted Sitrus Poke Puff: Pidgeot, Onix, Charizard
Fancy Sitrus Poke Puff: Bagon, Cubone, Sylveon

Common
Purple Cube Object: Fletchinder, Zubat, Kangaskhan
Pink Cube Object : Gigalith, Lucario, Deino
Pink Cube Object: Talonflame, Charizard Blissey,
Orange Cube Object: Mewtwo, Talonflame, Vulpix
Black Star Object: Talonflame, Talonflame Greninja,(only ? and ...)
Blue Star Object : Snorlax, Xerneas, Ralts (two are blue)
Green Star Object: Gible, Politoed, Roselia (two are green)
Checkered Star Object: Pyroar, Blaziken, Ampharos
Checkered Star Object: Luxray, Pidgeot, Charmeleon
Orange Star Object: Charizard, Talonflame, Mewtwo

Yellow Pillar Cushion: , talonflame, greninja talonflame
White Pillar Cushion : Fletchinder, Gardevoir, Politoed
Polka Dot Pillar Cusion: Talonflame, Talonflame, Xernias ( a couple exc. marks)
Polka Dot Candy Cushion: , Tyranitar, Litwick Chesnaught(a few single exclamation marks)
Checkered Candy Cushion: Clawitzer, Charmeleon, Noivern
Checkered Candy Cushion: Dedenne, Frogadier, Talonflame
Yellow Egg Cushion: Raichu, Fennikin, Talonflame (two yellow)
Hot Lava Cushion : Magmar, Talonflame, Fletchinder

Uncommon
Campfire Object : Charizard, Talonflame, Talonflame (all fire types)
FIre Heart Object: Fletchinder, Charizard, Larvesta (all fire types)
Mysterious Eggs: Aerodactyl, Fletchinder, Salamence(all flying types)
Red Flag Perch: Pidgeotto, Talonflame, Talonflame (all flying types)
Red Flag Perch: Charizard, Farfetch'd, Talonflame (all Flying types)
White Feather Cushion: Talonflame, Honchcrow, Talonflame (all flying types)

Brown Pillar Cushion: 3 Talonflame
Iron Ore Cushion: 3 Talonflame
Blue Star Cloud: 3 Talonflame
Trial Log Cushion: 3 Talonflame
Wooden Bed: 3 Talonflame
Pink Arch Cushion: 3 Talonflame

I think when you have 3 of the same pokemon, it gives you a random 'rare' object that you do not have yet.

sometimes pokemon pass you by; There might be a base happiness or some other factor required for them to visit you

Also, after a while of not being online, or getting a certain amount of presents, pokemon stop visiting you

Last edited:

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Almost got the 800 score minimum needed to get 5 stars on Unlimited in Head It... damn surprise yarn balls!

Also, has anyone else been having trouble timing their hits on the giant red yarn balls? I cannot seem to hit them at the proper time at all.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Almost got the 800 score minimum needed to get 5 stars on Unlimited in Head It... damn surprise yarn balls!

Also, has anyone else been having trouble timing their hits on the giant red yarn balls? I cannot seem to hit them at the proper time at all.
yes I had perfect scores otherwise on the hard mode and then i missed the giant yarns twice ;0;

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
yes I had perfect scores otherwise on the hard mode and then i missed the giant yarns twice ;0;
It's nice to know I am not alone then. I have hit the big yarn ball in the past and I am trying to figure out how the hell that is possible. Sure, it's more beneficial to just work on unlimited (love how I can do the streaks without worrying about that giant ball), but it still gets under my skin with a curiosity I have that is going unanswered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)